• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Mush

gutterboy44 said:
With the FFW and RWD in replays and the prospect of Super GT and tracks pack DLC on the horizon, NGRL SGT Season 2 is looking to be awesome.
Don't forget the NRL! ;)

Since we have some controls over the replays now maybe we can start making race highlight montages and such?

paskowitz

amar212 said:
But I will do my best to find few models in order to race again with GAF, great clean and fast drivers among you guys!

Nice racing with you Amar. It was an off day for me actually... my driving was a little erratic.

Toxa said:
some pics

529283DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Metalmurphy said:
This race was awesome. I could have had you here ThePatriots, but I didn't wanna do a risky move that could have sent us both off track lol.

RiIkoh.jpg

Also:

167578DeepForestRaceway2.jpg

This was my... "FUUUUUU" moment of the day.

538636DeepForestRaceway5.jpg

IDK if I hit you off during your FUUUUUUUUUUUU moment or if it was the Caterham being the Caterham, if it was me I apologize. We had a tight race the first race... I was a little sloppier at Deep Forest.

To anyone that took part in today's online races, did anyone happen to save the SLS replay? If so could you export it to your XMB and PM me. Thanks. Going 14th to 1st in one lap does not happen every day.

Mush said:
Don't forget the NRL! ;)

Since we have some controls over the replays now maybe we can start making race highlight montages and such?

If someone can upload the clips I can put it together... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPPJgTEtQY ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeV69LQ_8Vs

paskowitz said:
IDK if I hit you off during your FUUUUUUUUUUUU moment or if it was the Caterham being the Caterham, if it was me I apologize. We had a tight race the first race... I was a little sloppier at Deep Forest.

Nah it was all me. Car started to drift, and I enjoyed it bit more then I should have, till the point where I couldn't bring it back lol.

paskowitz said:
To anyone that took part in today's online races, did anyone happen to save the SLS replay? If so could you export it to your XMB and PM me. Thanks. Going 14th to 1st in one lap does not happen every day.

I saved it, I went from 15th to 4th but then screwed up at Carousel. I was doing such a great run. Dodging cars left and right. Ended up in 7th.

I'll try to upload it in a bit but mines the PAL version :/

paskowitz said:

Nice

Mush

I just completed the first race in the Dream Car Championship and I shit you not it took 1 second to load from Indy to Monza.

Incredible.

Polyphony

I have the SLS replay in NA format if you want it. I'll try to upload it later tonight.

This afternoon was loads of fun! Here are my renditions of the Caterham race on Deep Forest and the SLS race on the Ring.

Spot the imposter

6236229510_d9381178f9_b.jpg

Into the first corner

6236228804_ed48091466_b.jpg

Keeping it clean

6235703717_7a6bbc6520_b.jpg

6235703763_c4dc2bf934_b.jpg

Trading paint with Toxa, sorry about that lol

6235703931_52cf2038a4_b.jpg

Amar cruising along

6235704211_be5c7dbf59_b.jpg

6235703983_491c0dda84_b.jpg

Overcast weather with 50% chance of rain...

6236229680_ffce3a1527_b.jpg

First corner went relatively well

6236229738_9af8cb763f_b.jpg

6235704661_7d150f04d2_b.jpg

6236229962_b725edc4d3_b.jpg

Incident on the Karousel

6236230142_8f1ee31d15_b.jpg

Victory shot

6236230250_bc2a7f9f83_b.jpg

The rest of the set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68544004@N03/

Mush

I don't know if this was a bug or possibly even a hint but I was on Tokyo R246 and the moisture content meter was sitting below the position/lap counter.

Hmm?

paskowitz

Polyphony said:
I have the SLS replay in NA format if you want it. I'll try to upload it later tonight.

This afternoon was loads of fun! Here are my renditions of the Caterham race on Deep Forest and the SLS race on the Ring.

Awesome photos

The rest of the set can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/68544004@N03/

Thanks for the shots man. If you could upload the file to media fire or something, that would be stellar.

eemijun

Neo Member
I'd love to join in on the online races next time there running. Is there another thread where races are organized or is it spontaneous?

i-Lo said:
Also, do those of you who get together to play all have steering wheels?

Might be around 50/50. You would be shocked at how good some of the guys are with a DS3. I couldn't believe it when halfway through the league it came out that three people I was certain were on wheels were DS3. G27 here for the record.

Getting a good force feedback wheel really does add a lot to the experience.

offshore said:
What are people talking about when they say the track loads quick but not the cars?

Since no one has answered this for you:

The game now loads the track first and takes you to the screen where you can set options and what not and loads the cars while you are at this screen. You cannot start the race until the cars are loaded, as indicated by the car names changing from gray to white on the right side of the screen.

Before the update it would load everything before you had the chance to set options.

JWong

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
Might be around 50/50. You would be shocked at how good some of the guys are with a DS3. I couldn't believe it when halfway through the league it came out that three people I was certain were on wheels were DS3. G27 here for the record.

What's the new support for it? The patch notes says they added support for the G25 and G27.

gutterboy44 said:

That's doesn't surprise me. I'm far from an expert, but I put in faster lap times with the DS3. In the production phase, I saw a few videos of Kaz playing with one. The wheel is great though. I have a DFGT and it adds so much to the immersion factor.

Well guys... I'm officially disappointed... I'm trying to go through Arcade and try one of the new carts with the headlights up front and take it on the nurburgring at night... buuuut I don't have that option... so I was like "hey, I'll just make one in the middle of the night".... no option to do such thing either....

Sigh...

I was really hoping for some Gaf Night Kart races. =/

The Stealth Fox

fudgey_lumpkins said:
Since no one has answered this for you:

The game no loads the track first and takes you to the screen where you can set options and what not and loads the cars while you are at this screen. You cannot start the race until the cars are loaded, as indicated by the car names changing from gray to white on the right side of the screen.

Before the update it would load everything before you had the chance to set options.

I am pretty sure the overall load time has still decreased, even if you have to load the grid separately now.

baekshi

Banned
WHAT IS THIS, after suspending an race and I came back to find that the car is banging to walls back and forth. And I have no control over the car!!!

How wonderful, I fully install the game, then download all the updates, then while its loading the game it tells me I have insufficient space.

I have 230 GB free. WTF :(

Edit: Deleted save file and it worked. Thank god I didn't have any progress saved.

phosphor112 said:
Well guys... I'm officially disappointed... I'm trying to go through Arcade and try one of the new carts with the headlights up front and take it on the nurburgring at night... buuuut I don't have that option... so I was like "hey, I'll just make one in the middle of the night".... no option to do such thing either....

Sigh...

I was really hoping for some Gaf Night Kart races. =/

What? We've had GAF night Kart races before, with hilarious
ly bad
results.

weekend_warrior said:
What? We've had GAF night Kart races before, with hilarious
ly bad
results.
...Really? This is what happens when I don't play online -___-

I don't know, there just wasn't a way to do it in Arcade mode.

The Stealth Fox

I started a new career just for fun, and A-spec mode is so much better now because of the new exp system. There's literally no grinding for exp. (and I remember when I first played A-spec mode the early game was really grindy)

i want a mclaren f1 stealth car that was available as a pre order bonus. what would be the best way to get ahold of this car?i can trade- or whatever - it honestly is necessary for me as there is still no mclaren f1 lm :(

Grayman

cool catheram pics - it was my favourite car in GTR Evo. I picked one up today but mostly just raced in my MR2 for the 80s championship

amar212

atomiswave said:
i want a mclaren f1 stealth car that was available as a pre order bonus. what would be the best way to get ahold of this car?i can trade- or whatever - it honestly is necessary for me as there is still no mclaren f1 lm :(

Best way is to buy a Signature Edition, I heard it is really cheap these days.

Stealth (and Chrome models that come with collector's edition) are locked to console and only way to have them is to have someone who owns them share his PSN ID for you so you can also download them from his download-history.

pixelbox

The Stealth Fox said:
Okay, I think the alpha effects are reduced also. Someone needs to do a V1.0 vs Spec 2.0 comparison to settle this discussion once and for all.
It has been. Its even less noticeable than i thought, i even deleted all of the patches and compared but was too stupid to take pictures.

Awesome pics guys, especially Polyphony :D

Nshkah.jpg

DORIFTO A GO-GO BABY

As much as we like to laugh about the suits and racing gear matter, I love being able to recognize myself when we're using the same car and colour.

Oh BTW Polyphony,

6235703931_52cf2038a4.jpg

That was me, but no worries, it was awesome.

Mush said:
I don't know if this was a bug or possibly even a hint but I was on Tokyo R246 and the moisture content meter was sitting below the position/lap counter.

Hmm?

HOLY SHIT WHAT I'M TRYING THAT RIGHT NOW FUUUUUUU

Between this and Spa you're going to kill me Mush :p

At the Petit Le Mans Challenge ILMC (Intercontinental Le Mans Challenge) round 6, held on the Road Atlanta Circuit of Georgia in the United States, the Signatech Nissan team (Oreca 03 Nissan/LMP2 Class) placed in 3rd place.

With this podium finish, Signatech became this seasons LMP2 Class Series Champion, even before the final race. The drivers who became series champions were Franck Mailleux, Jean-Karl Vernay, Soheil Ayari and the first GT Academy winner, Lucas Ordonez. (*There is no drivers title set in the ILMC).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/news/d14988.html

offshore

fudgey_lumpkins said:
The game now loads the track first and takes you to the screen where you can set options and what not and loads the cars while you are at this screen. You cannot start the race until the cars are loaded, as indicated by the car names changing from gray to white on the right side of the screen.
Ah, cool. Cheers.
The Stealth Fox said:
Okay, I think the alpha effects are reduced also. Someone needs to do a V1.0 vs Spec 2.0 comparison to settle this discussion once and for all.
First thing I'm gonna do when I get my disc back is play v1.00 for a bit....remind myself of the horror :)

The Caterham love is great in this thread. Makes me even more desperate for a premium R500. :(

[edit] or is that an actual Lotus 7? I forget...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
brotkasten said:
I know, Dash. I know.

Let me guess: The alphas are still a mess and the standard cockpits suck.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31727875&postcount=1067

:lol
Not my fault for the double post buddy I swear :)

Secondapps is completely fucked up for me today, I got posts from different days all over the last page for example :O

But I love the standard cockpits that are actually there! :p
Loving the improved load times and I had forgot how far GT Life has come since the beginning now that you can access the tuning shop from the race menu.

The track loading before cars is only one aspect of the better load times, the track itself and the overall time from menu to race start is significantly reduce. It is a massive improvement no matter which way you slice it. This update is awesome. So tempted to start a new career under a different PSN name.

gutterboy44 said:
The track loading before cars is only one aspect of the better load times, the track itself and the overall time from menu to race start is significantly reduce. It is a massive improvement no matter which way you slice it. This update is awesome. So tempted to start a new career under a different PSN name.

It's pretty obvious that they're not ONLY splitting/hiding the loadings, but the loads themselves are massively reduced like you said. Yesterday I did a Time trial in Tskukuba and it took like 3 or 4 seconds. Before, even with no other cars to load, it took 5 times as much, or more.

It's kinda of weird, I'm used to loading the track, getting up and stretching a bit, I got up when I looked back at the tv the loading was done lolol.

Top Bottom