• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Polyphony

I always saw the race suits as an afterthought, until yesterday's race with open cockpits. It's pretty cool to recognize other players based on the color of their apparel or the helmet design.

Gynoug79

tusken77 said:
1. With all these pics of you guys racing the Caterham, I hopped in mine and went for a spin to check out the interior view for myself. I'm normally a bumper guy but I'm VERY impressed with what they've done here. Very nice indeed.

2. You've got a cool name.

yes the caterham has one of the best "standart" cockpit views now, check out a few of the other non-roof standart cars. Some of the LMP cars and the Formula GT are quite good now too.

Thx for that but i feel wasnt very creative...took a look at my little mega drive collection and went with it since ( Gynoug = Wings of Wor in the US iirc )

tusken77

Gynoug79 said:
yes the caterham has one of the best "standart" cockpit views now, check out a few of the other non-roof standart cars. Some of the LMP cars and the Formula GT are quite good now too.

Thx for that but i feel wasnt very creative...took a look at my little mega drive collection and went with it since ( Gynoug = Wings of Wor in the US iirc )

Yes, I'm generally not keen on interior views because I find it restrictive, but with the Caterham being open it's a joy to drive, and the modeling is very impressive.

I loved that game back in my Mega Drive days. I bought it as a Japanese import (I'm in the UK) so I know it as Gynoug. Cool game, cool name. :)

So finally got the game working right. Most of my garage car's thumbnails were corrupted though... Thankfully they put in an option to rebuld them all.

Did the Vettle X10 special event. What a joke those times are!!! I had to reverse out of the sand trap at one point and I STILL made the gold on my first try! I could probably make bronze blindfolded.

tusken77

PuppetMaster said:
Did the Vettle X10 special event. What a joke those times are!!! I had to reverse out of the sand trap at one point and I STILL made the gold on my first try! I could probably make bronze blindfolded.

Ha, it's basically just intended to be a fun free gift where everyone can collect the 5 million. The leaderboard is where the challenge is.

offshore

Well technically you can buy paint with credits, it's called buying a car... :lol

That's how I got most of the colour shift chips, by buying about 10 FT-86's...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Gynoug79 said:
I guess you dont need much but make sure to bring a Caterham Fireblade Dash ;)
they are on the OCD right now...

edit: god i am slooow today

Not at all, you made me check the OCD :)

Bought!

offshore

Polyphony said:
Nearly a year later, and I have yet to see the elusive chrome paint chip.
I've got about 10 of both gold and silver. I'd dupe you a couple if I could.

I wonder what the situation is with those other chrome chips...whether they'll be made available in GT Life for the every-30 car bonus, or whether they'll be exclusive to DLC. Whatever, I'll still buy the pack. Chrome Blue looks intense.

I have to say, getting the X2010 from the seasonal was the best thing that happened to me in the game. This car is such a wonderful B-Spec cheat. I.Love just finished Like The Wind and is now doing the Super GT races. Thank you, Kaz and Vettel!

brotkasten said:
I have to say, getting the X2010 from the seasonal was the best thing that happened to me in the game. This car is such a wonderful B-Spec cheat. I.Love just finished Like The Wind and is now doing the Super GT races. Thank you, Kaz and Vettel!

hmm thats a good idea, might do this just to complete the game, my problem is that i dont want to keep my big TV running, might have to connect the PS3 to a PC monitor for a while, so i can grind B spec

GodofWine

zephervack said:
hmm thats a good idea, might do this just to complete the game, my problem is that i dont want to keep my big TV running, might have to connect the PS3 to a PC monitor for a while, so i can grind B spec

With a fast enough car, you don't even need the TV on in Bspec.

Ainaurdur

Been thinking about hopping in some of the random NRL fun, but it seems most of the times I have noticed are running in the early afternoon while I am at work. (America EST/EDT)

Are there any later gatherings I might not be aware of?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Does damage happen mid race though? I've played a bunch of races over the weekend for the first time and I didn't notice any damage at all on any models. Do you need to turn it on?

The Stealth Fox

mikespit1200 said:
Does damage happen mid race though? I've played a bunch of races over the weekend for the first time and I didn't notice any damage at all on any models. Do you need to turn it on?

Mechanical or visual? Visual damage is certainly there, I definitely scuffed up my S2000 during the FR challenge.

zephervack said:
With a much faster car you don't have to look after him. I started the 30 laps Suzuka race, turned the TV off and after an hour on again. He obviously won and I got the credits.

Sleeplessnights said:
Like right now! I did that as soon as Spec 2 update was announced.
I've been bugging a friend hardcore for the past two days about it. I feel bad because he is busy.... but dammit I want the X1 and the credits.

Lost my GT5 save file when my PS3 kicked the bucket. Do they still have the bonus races so I can get some of my stuff back kinda quickly ._.?

Toxa

Angst said:
Unless the host forces you to use hards - which I like to do just to piss off on every DS3 users :) .

592666harrywinkse.gif

Let's say I knew a guy who is good with wood working. How would I get dimensions for a cockpit for him to work with when I can't measure one? I'm not sure where everything would have to be and I need specs before I could start having him look at it.

nib95

Banned
Sleeplessnights said:
For the X2010 and its seasonal event.

OMG. I lost my save file on my older PS3. So I'm assuming there's no way I could play enough to start from scratch and complete this. FML.

Need proper translation for this:

"はい。かなり正確です。タイヤはR2にしてください。実際に走ったミシュラン・ミディアム相当になります。あとエンジンとミッションを持たせるために6500RPMシフト(状況によっては6000RPM)していました。"

Google:
"Yes. Fairly accurate. Tires, please to R2. Medium is equivalent to Michelin actually ran. 6500RPM shift in order to have a later engine and transmission (in some circumstances 6000RPM) had been."

Anyone?

Sorc3r3r

I repeated the A-spec Historic racing car cup with the Mark IV(for the engine sound it has ;) ) and yeah the car feels different, the feedback from the wheel and some car reactions were new and fresh, i think it's better now,even if i've had nothing against the old physic, seems,in the end,more organic don't know how to say better.

I've noticed some little improvements with the shadowing issues too, they are less "flashy".

Love this 2.0.
Will love SPA too :D.

Angst

GAF Lounge is up:

1472 - 6399 - 8408 - 2430 - 2289

If you're on my FL you can just enter via my coffee cup of course.

Bring your Caterham :D

We will of course do other events as well.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
Need proper translation for this:

"はい。かなり正確です。タイヤはR2にしてください。実際に走ったミシュラン・ミディアム相当になります。あとエンジンとミッションを持たせるために6500RPMシフト(状況によっては6000RPM)していました。"

Google:
"Yes. Fairly accurate. Tires, please to R2. Medium is equivalent to Michelin actually ran. 6500RPM shift in order to have a later engine and transmission (in some circumstances 6000RPM) had been."

Anyone?

Seems like he's talking about the Schulze Motorsport GT-R and how he drove it in the 24h race? (Tyres he used, shifting gears earlier to put less stress on the engine and gearbox)

Loudninja

Sorc3r3r said:
I repeated the A-spec Historic racing car cup with the Mark IV(for the engine sound it has ;) ) and yeah the car feels different, the feedback from the wheel and some car reactions were new and fresh, i think it's better now,even if i've had nothing against the old physic, seems,in the end,more organic don't know how to say better.

I've noticed some little improvements with the shadowing issues too, they are less "flashy".

Love this 2.0.
Will love SPA too :D.
Yeah I think the shadow thing is not placebo, now about the tearing and framerate any else notice anything different?

Top Bottom