• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Grover Cleveland said:
Question 1: Dealerships show all of the new cars, even the ones that are above your level. So you could be level one and go to the Ferrari dealership and see(and actually demo) either of their Formula 1 cars.

Question 2: Yes, the NSX '91 is the only new Acura in the game. However, you CAN race mod that particular NSX.

Question 3:Yes, they're about 201 new Dealership(premium) cars and the rest are used (standard) cars. Some of these used cars you can only win as a reward for winning events(such as the Jay Leno Tank Car for winning the American Championship) but most you can find from time to time in the Used Car or Online Dealership sections.
Awesome. Thanks.

I have $4,500,000 right now. Time to buy some cars!

Niks

Toxa said:
I cry for niks behind me
11904124hduNrburgring29.jpg

Damn, yeah so much smoke...no where to go.
I T-boned that car at full speed.

AllenShrz

For whatever reason, the loading time in menus for me are muuuch longer than before the patch.

Some times I even press the X in the main menu, and it just sits there for 10 sec to then show me the GT loading screen for other 15 sec or more. Just to load another freaking menu!

darkwing

AllenShrz said:
For whatever reason, the loading time in menus for me are muuuch longer than before the patch.

Some times I even press the X in the main menu, and it just sits there for 10 sec to then show me the GT loading screen for other 15 sec or more. Just to load another freaking menu!
it's because even in the menus it is connected online, servers might be being hammered at that time, same thing when the game first launched

panty

I'd love to race with you but one silly question, do you all use wheels? I'm too lazy to set-up my set so I'd be driving with a controller, can I keep up with you?

Mush

PantyPhantom said:
I'd love to race with you but a silly question, do you all use wheels? I'm too lazy to set-up my set so I'd be driving with a controller, can I keep up with you?
If you're talking about the various leagues in the Community section, it's mostly a 50/50 split.

panty

Mush said:
If you're talking about the various leagues in the Community section, it's mostly a 50/50 split.
Nope, not the leagues, but just cruising around like you did with the Caterham/Subaru?

Mush

Hey ya'll, we're starting to get in the swing of things for the relaunch for Season 2 of the NeoGAF Super GT League. If you're unfamiliar with it (which you probably aren't since you've most likely seen me spam the shit out of it in previous GT threads), it is a team based (2 drivers per team) series where you each share the same car. The cool thing about the Super GT cars is they're all super-duper awesome and unique, so you can pick one that suits you, and not have to worry about anyone else having a clone of your chosen weapon. This is a competitive and fun series that is serious (but not too serious), so even if you're a peon stuck without a wheel, you should do fine.

We're looking to get going fairly soon so head over to the thread in the Community section or follow the link: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425804

Regards,

Mush.

JWong

Banned
Hey guys, if I copy the GT5 game data onto a USB stick and put it in another PS3 that can't go online to patch, will it get all the patch and install data?

Also, can I transfer my saves the same way?

Angst

JWong said:
Hey guys, if I copy the GT5 game data onto a USB stick and put it in another PS3 that can't go online to patch, will it get all the patch and install data?

You can't transfer the game data as it's encrypted. You can backup the save to a USB stick though.

amar212

Sorry guys for just leaving the GAF lobby yesterday without saying goodbye, I was mesmerized by the fact that nobody behind me on Monza CW race didn't even try to use brakes on the first turn.

However, nice fun on Cape Ring despite the fact that I practically crashed into every single person that spun-out on the track and trying to recover in the very second I was passing that point. Still can't believe my luck :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
JWong said:

Saves will; gamedata wont.

Angst

Yeah 1st corner at Monza was horrible. I guess that's what we get with an open lobby. When people used to racing offline think a good strategy is not to brake, but use the other cars as bumpers to get through corners it makes for an awful race.

NRL and SuperGT races are much more disciplined and we're not nearly as lenient on people behaving like asses. Racing incidents always happens and that's ok. Dive bombs however are never ok.

ashk

gibration said:
I want to play with gaf! I don't know who to add though. :( I'll just leave my psn id here. PSN ID: gibration

Keep a close eye on this thread, we've been in public lobbies for the last few days and the room number was posted here. Also, check out the NRL and Super GT thread in community for more organized races which are usually on weekends.

Angst

ashk said:
Keep a close eye on this thread, we've been in public lobbies for the last few days and the room number was posted here. Also, check out the NRL and Super GT thread in community for more organized races which are usually on weekends.
Speaking of it, should we do some races tonight?

Angry to see that they fixed the horrific load times.

That was my main sticking point preventing me from playing again... now I have to lug my wheel out from under my PC :(

Angst

Mister Zimbu said:
Angry to see that they fixed the horrific load times.

That was my main sticking point preventing me from playing again... now I have to lug my wheel out from under my PC :(
Don't worry, you can still find arguments in the Vs thread. ;)

Is it just me or is there not one single negative comment on Kaz's twitter? I understand a lot of people are happy about the update but elsewhere there is a lot of not so upbeat feedback as well.

Kenshin001 said:
Is it just me or is there not one single negative comment on Kaz's twitter? I understand a lot of people are happy about the update but elsewhere there is a lot of not so upbeat feedback as well.

Do you expect him to retweet negative comments?

Angst

Kenshin001 said:
By twitter feed, do you mean this: http://twitter.com/#!/search/%40kaz_yamauchi

That's all the people that tweet something using @kaz_yamauchi and not his RTs. And yes, there are almost no negative feedback. Perhaps people are happy with the game? *shock and awe*

Angelcurio

I would really like to go into some races with gaf on the open lobby, i i'll keep an open eye on this thread tonight.

One question though, the lobby nunmber keeps being the same posted a couple of pages back or a new number is used everytime you race? I really do not have a lot of experience with GT online.

amar212

Wax Free Vanilla said:
he needs to make an effort and start replying to the fan base.

As far as I am aware, he personally saw your Neogaf post with Spa picture and he promptly included it in upcoming DLC.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
3628507082_b36f2e04fa.jpg

i'm ready. it better have weather and a 24hr cycle.

I don't know which greater evidence of him listening the fanbase would you like? Seriously.

Angst

Kenshin001 said:
Yeah, I guess so. Hoping he would respond to complaints and constructive criticism.
AFAIK Kaz spends most of his time (when he's not on the track) lurking in the Vs thread and crying bitter tears, waiting for his GAF account to be activated so he can post 1000s of photo travel pics as a come back.

Angelcurio said:
I would really like to go into some races with gaf on the open lobby, i i'll keep an open eye on this thread tonight.

One question though, the lobby nunmber keeps being the same posted a couple of pages back or a new number is used everytime you race? I really do not have a lot of experience with GT online.
I'll create a new lobby tonight and will post the new # then. It changes every time.

offshore

F#A#Oo said:
Is it just me or is the DLC a tad on the expensive side...?
£3.19 for Spa alone is a good deal IMO. They could have easily made Spa only part of the complete pack. I'm just getting the track and paint pack, car pack is pretty awful really.

I'm going to spend real money on paint chips. It feels ridiculous :lol

Massa said:
He did. Read the OP.

Think when people were complaining about the lack of new cars they didn't have 11 Nascars in mind. Nor were they thinking of kart tracks. The car pack is kind of weak since those cars are already in the game, just have to be tuned. Spa is good, the kart track not so much. There is a lot of stuff that could have been improved/changed that wasn't. The one use paint chip thing for starters. I don't think anyone thinks that is a good idea.

Angst

Kenshin001 said:
Think when people were complaining about the lack of new cars they didn't have 11 Nascars in mind. Nor were they thinking of kart tracks. The car pack is kind of weak since those cars are already in the game, just have to be tuned. Spa is good, the kart track not so much. There is a lot of stuff that could have been improved/changed that wasn't. The one use paint chip thing for starters. I don't think anyone thinks that is a good idea.
Car pack - not really as they get new body works and new interiors. Kart track - haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. Not Spa cool, but it's nice with a new playground for the karts.

amar212 said:
As far as I am aware, he personally saw your Neogaf post with Spa picture and he promptly included it in upcoming DLC.

I don't know which greater evidence of him listening the fanbase would you like? Seriously.

It's Wax Free Vanilla. He'll never EVER be happy.

Angst said:
Car pack - not really as they get new body works and new interiors. Kart track - haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. Not Spa cool, but it's nice with a new playground for the karts.

Kart track actually looked like alot of fun

Goldrusher

amar212 said:
Now let's hope he sees this:

- fix the curb & tire wall colors (they were repainted in August)
- fix the Rivage corner, which now has an asphalt runoff area instead of a gravel trap

SqKId.jpg

Jeseus

KAZ:

Next time more EU cars in DLC!!!! How many nissans are in dealers garage 40?! or more?

for example we have 2 non special peugeot cars ...

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Goldrusher said:
Now let's hope he sees this:

- fix the Rivage corner, which now has an asphalt runoff area instead of a gravel trap

I hope they don't change this. I am on Martin Brundle's side when it comes to tarmac runoff vs gravel traps.

Angst said:
They're already "in the game", as in "we already know them, it's not new". Instead of building RM versions of old cars, they should focus more on aftermarket parts. The selection in GT5 is, and I'm sorry, pathetic.

I know, I know, in before, pictures of horrible looking cars. But this is a very important aspect of the whole "ownership feeling" that GT5 is supposed to have (it doesn't) and it's not like you can't create good looking cars with modified parts. When I have a Lamborghini eating RX7 FC3S or 240Z, I want it to look like that and there's nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom