• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Afrikan

is there a way to unlock all the cars for arcade mode?

I'm Soooooooooooooooo Lazy. :(

one of the few times I wouldn't mind Kaz going all EA and letting me pay to unlock everything.

edit- the truth is, I just want to take the game and driving wheel to my cousin's house... he doesn't play videogames, but LOVES Ferrari's...I just want him to be able to play the game in Arcade Mode, and being able to use almost any car he wants.

Angst

Angst said:
^^poor seattle :(

I'm starting a GAF lounge now. Will post room # shortly

Room # 1472 - 6399 - 8408 - 2430 - 4797

I'm starting with a bit of rally now, should keep the randoms away
Last post on the page FML

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Afrikan said:
is there a way to unlock all the cars for arcade mode?

I'm Soooooooooooooooo Lazy. :(

one of the few times I wouldn't mind Kaz going all EA and letting me pay to unlock everything.

edit- the truth is, I just want to take the game and driving wheel to my cousin's house... he doesn't play videogames, but LOVES Ferrari's...I just want him to be able to play the game in Arcade Mode, and being able to use almost any car he wants.

If you're that lazy, find a GT5 save file online somewhere and upload it to your PS3.

Chris R

Goldrusher said:
Now let's hope he sees this:

- fix the curb & tire wall colors (they were repainted in August)
- fix the Rivage corner, which now has an asphalt runoff area instead of a gravel trap
Delete the image now! We will get the superior version of Spa instead of the Shell™ presents Spa brought to you by Shell™ with butchered Rivage.

offshore said:
If you can't turn it on at all, you'll have to repair it yourself or take it to an electronics place to try to repair it if you want to recover all your data. Sony do not repair them, they'll just give you a refurb that will inevitably break.

I went through five 60GB's before I started shouting at Sony and so they gave me a brand new slim ^^

That´s the thing, i can start the system. After the crash, i tried a couple of times, it even logged in, but eventually beeped off.

It was one of the few times i played without having a fan close to it.

I´m still hoping for just an overheating problem. I lefted alone and i will try tonight.

I do have a backup of the save, but it´s a bit old. So, considering i do have my GT5 backup save, that´s all i need for a new system right? (I still don´t understand the deactivate thing some people talk about).

I don´t have it with me, but i´ll try to get one of those little screwdrivers so i can open my baby and try to ressurrect him.

I will eventually get a new unit, but it´s a shame this will take a while and i will miss on the DLC extravaganza.

offshore

Yeah, you can use your GT5 save on a different PS3 under the same PSN account.

The first time I got YLoD, it happened two or three times and then it just wouldn't turn on. Unfortunately then - like last time - I had GT5 in the drive and on both occasions had to wait six weeks for Sony to send the disc back...I still haven't got it back yet, and might not have it back in time for Spa >.<

Honestly, I'd back everything up, take the disc out of the drive while you still can, and then just get a slim if you can. Repair jobs don't usually last long, and most people do them just to recover their disc and data. 60GB's are dying all over the place, so I say get a slim and then you'll never have to worry. Plus, the slim is cool and quiet, and doesn't attract much dust ^^

I'm kind of surprised the bonuses for XP and cash don't take into account your assist settings. I realize that would make it very Forza-like, but it would also reward folks who try the game without the assists on.

Winterblink said:
I'm kind of surprised the bonuses for XP and cash don't take into account your assist settings. I realize that would make it very Forza-like, but it would also reward folks who try the game without the assists on.

Your cars keep going faster as you turn off or reduce assists one by one, reduced lap times is your bonus for turning off assists :p

Decarb said:
Your cars keep going faster as you turn off or reduce assists one by one, reduced lap times is your bonus for turning off assists :p
That only matters against other players. I agree with him, extra bonus for people that don't use assists makes sense.

The Stealth Fox

Things I'd like to see:

1) Ways to buy cars from the events menu. I mean, you can tune your car now from practically any spot in the game, why not the ability to quick buy cars that are eligible for an event?

2) Ability to turn on mechanical damage in A-spec mode. The mechanical damage model is pretty awesome, but it would be an awesome feat to do a full career with mechanical damage set to heavy.

3) More DLC as always. I think they've got that covered though :)

4) Corrected brake bias settings for each of the cars for those who want to play without ABS and not have to adjust everything for every car over and over

5) Some reward for doing 1 make races in practice mode.

Angst

GAF lounge is closed.

Start a new one if you want to keep racing.

The shuffle race we did on the Ring in the sunset was glorious. The lighting... drool. Shame that MM and Riku both got taken out by some lunatic in the first part of the race.
PantyPhantom said:
FML for not having that Caterham :(

106 was the best I had.
Lol. Caterham Seven is in the OCD. Make Kaz proud and buy it.

Angst

seattle6418 said:
I do have a backup of the save, but it´s a bit old. So, considering i do have my GT5 backup save, that´s all i need for a new system right? (I still don´t understand the deactivate thing some people talk about).
It's in the Account Management on the XMB. You need to deactivate it or you will use up one of the five slots you have for your username. It only matters with regard to PS Store content AFAIK.

Ainaurdur

I forgot how much I suck with assists off. Or maybe I have gotten lazy because of them. Either way, definitely need to practice before this weekend. ;)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
My most wanted (impossible?) DLC pack would be a "REAL Sounds pack". I'd pay crazy money for that!
Last night I was playing the game, my gf entered my home-cinema/gaming man-cave and I was like "yo check
this out: how photorealistic is this game?! Pretty fucking neat, eh?!!", only to be told back: "nice, it is very pretty indeed.. Although, how come the cars sound like little motorbikes and scooters? Is that on purpose" :(
Stomped on my gamer's pride right there, I knew she was right but I couldn't accept it, damn,

Angst

Dash Kappei said:
My most wanted (impossible?) DLC pack would be a "REAL Sounds pack". I'd pay crazy money for that!
Last night I was playing the game, my gf entered my home-cinema/gaming man-cave and I was like "yo check
this out: how photorealistic is this game?! Pretty fucking neat, eh?!!", only to be told back: "nice, it is very pretty indeed.. Although, how come the cars sound like little motorbikes and scooters? Is that on purpose" :(
Stomped on my gamer's pride right there, I knew she was right but I couldn't accept it, damn,
LMAO, next time, show her the Mustang Mach 1 fully tuned. It sounds fantastic and nothing like a hoovercraft :D

Well, after spending a couple days with version 2.0, I'll chime in with my thoughts:

I like the cockpits, even the blackedout ones. Sure, it's far form perfect as I'd like to be able to see some of the hood, but it's better than nothing and it's free. And the open roof car ones do look cool. I still would like a true blue hood cam instead of the roof one, but I'm realizing that's something that's most likely not going to happen until GT6.

The improved load times for the menus are nice, though GT Auto still seems to take a tad long, but that wasn't something that made me freak to begin with. The track load times are good, even if you have to wait for the cars separately. I do still wish I could switch cars right after finishing a practice lap without heading back out to the main menu because one thing I love to do is just run different cars on the same track and to see which ones I get the fastest time with.

I love the money percentage increase for every time you log in. That coupled with the seasonals pretty much eliminates going back to the regular aspec races for me. The endurance save, while not perfect, is certainly better than nothing at all. Though I still don't see me completing the 4 hour or 24 hour contests, but that's just a personal thing. I'd like 1 or 2 hour events actually, that would be the sweet spot for me.

To my eyes, the shadows have not changed since how they were day one. Every update I read several people proclaiming them to have been improved and I don't see it. But at this point, my eyes have adjusted or accepted them and I just don't care anymore.

Same goes for the AI. I know they constantly proclaim changes to this and the computer is still as easy as cake to beat in either arcade or GT mode, arcade especially.

I'm not huge on Nascar, but it's disappointing that none of the new cars are Dodge Chargers. In this year's Nascar season, there's only like 3 or 4 Dodge's in the whole field, yet 2 of them made the Chase and are actually contending. I'd like Keselowski's no. 2 Dodge!

Things I would still like to see added or changed:

-A paint job undo button, a lot of times my first color choice doesn't come out how I expect
-A custom event maker or random event generator
-Changed crash or bump sound
-Ability to skip music tracks while racing.
-Ability to turn off damage modeling in single player.
-Ability to shop all used cars by maker

Things I'd love now but know they won't arrive till GT6:
-Totally revamped Aspec mode
-A full livery editor
-Revamped car sounds
-Revamped damage system

All in all, it's a good update. Certainly makes the game better than how it was released day 1. Sucks it wasn't the game we got out of the gate, but at least they worked on it. They could have just said screw it and gave us nothing at all. Still, hope they take the lessons learned and really hit GT6 out of the park whenever that releases.

Spectral Glider said:
Same goes for the AI. I know they constantly proclaim changes to this and the computer is still as easy as cake to beat in either arcade or GT mode, arcade especially.

Make sure you adjust the AI slider.

Angst

Forgot this: Rain at Mt Aso. Strange thing is that I had no sliders for weather nor were there any "Water on Track" icon.

Metalmurphy said:
Make sure you adjust the AI slider.

Yeah, at 10 it's a little more difficult, but racing in the provided arcade 07 Mini, I was still in first place by like lap 2. Maybe with faster cars it's harder, haven't really tried yet.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
weekend_warrior said:
New room:

1472-6118-3701-4253-3362

Had some fun with the shuffle races. And by "fun", I mean I enjoyed getting slammed in the first couple of turns into the wall, forcing me to reverse out and come in last or dead last each time.

Seriously though, I had a good time, minus the repeated disconnects I kept getting from the server for whatever reason.

Add me on PSN if any of yall want to: Diseasedyak

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
^ On that note. How about the ability to just play a continuous feed through the entire game. I hate how the music stops and changes every time you go into a different menu or race. I suppose it works fine with the in-game OST, but when I'm playing my custom music, it just sucks.

Diseased Yak said:
Had some fun with the shuffle races. And by "fun", I mean I enjoyed getting slammed in the first couple of turns into the wall, forcing me to reverse out and come in last or dead last each time.

Seriously though, I had a good time, minus the repeated disconnects I kept getting from the server for whatever reason.

Add me on PSN if any of yall want to: Diseasedyak

I thought the first corner on Deep Forest was great. 16 cars all diving into the corner, fucking awesome. It looked pretty clean to, a few slight spin outs but no major crashes. I was actully winning that race after the final corner and my internet died. I guess the whole room got kicked? :\

Toxa

weekend_warrior said:
I thought the first corner on Deep Forest was great. 16 cars all diving into the corner, fucking awesome. It looked pretty clean to, a few slight spin outs but no major crashes. I was actully winning that race after the final corner and my internet died. I guess the whole room got kicked? :\

when the host dies the room dies

Angst said:
Forgot this: Rain at Mt Aso. Strange thing is that I had no sliders for weather nor were there any "Water on Track" icon.

Yeah, and I've seen pictures of wet road on Mt. Aso, rain on Toscana and even snow on the Kart tracks... I saw the first day after the update that you could now set passing time of day (and speed) at least on Toscana... all of which are pretty nice :) I guess we'll have to play more with the track creator and do some race in there one of these days.

It seems they are stealthily working on getting weather on as many places as possible... love it.

leng jai

Dash Kappei said:

Your girlfriend cares about audio more than 95% of gamers :(

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
weekend_warrior said:

Yup that first corner was fine, but that next s-curve did me in. Just bad luck on my part to get turned into a spot i had to reverse out of lol. Great fun, though. Love racing with fellow GAFers.

GT5 + Spec 2.0 + Steering wheel + All assists turned off = OMFG

This game should force everyone to play this way.. kind of hardcore at the beginning but incredible experience later.

PD should go a little crazy with the driver customization.

Get Nathon Drake or kratos behind the wheel. Scan Translator san or Kaz into the game and have them as a unlock.

The Stealth Fox

Does anyone know when they'll drop support for GT5? Because I want the game to keep improving...

A few tweaks/additions here and there and this could be almost perfect. Right now it's just "great".

The Stealth Fox said:
Does anyone know when they'll drop support for GT5? Because I want the game to keep improving...

A few tweaks/additions here and there and this could be almost perfect. Right now it's just "great".

It'll probably have at least another year of support. Yoshida said that the next game in the series is years away.

tusken77

The Stealth Fox said:

Kaz is obsessed. He'll keep adding and adding.

The Stealth Fox

Good, because adding things like race qualifying for championship series, being able to access the dealership from anywhere as well as your garage would go a long way. This would be a natural progression from being able to tune anywhere.

Oh, and a drag strip to test power and tuning like in GT4.

Top Bottom