• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Goldrusher

Saiyar said:
I hope they don't change this. I am on Martin Brundle's side when it comes to tarmac runoff vs gravel traps.
There's another game to play if you want inaccurate tracks.

Although they could also add a year to it, like they did with Le Mans. And Fuji in the previous game.

Angst

Goldrusher said:
There's another game to play if you want inaccurate tracks.

Although they could also add a year to it, like they did with Le Mans. And Fuji in the previous game.
New pack says "2 tracks, 7 layouts". Who knows, maybe Spa comes with a '09 and a '11 layout?

Couple things I've been noticing from Spec 2.0

The load times between menus, going to/from practice/dealerships/etc is improved as well. Specially when u go back to the main menu.

And they improved texture streaming/loading on tracks. The BMW signs on 24h Nurburgring used to be ugly as hell in one of the sides, they're perfect now.

I just wish they'd put a "next" button in the pre-/post-race menu. It's already in the championships, so why not in the normal events? It's annoying to have to exit the race, go back to the event menu, select the next race and then load everything again.

offshore

Angst said:
New pack says "2 tracks, 7 layouts". Who knows, maybe Spa comes with a '09 and a '11 layout?
It's 5 layouts. One for Spa, two each for Kart Space 1 & 2 by the looks.

Course Pack (2 tracks, 5 layouts)

This DLC adds the new tracks to Gran Turismo 5.

It contains SPA-Francorchamps (with weather effects) and Kart Space I/II (Normal and Reverse for each).
Polyphony probably finished Spa ages ago and don't know it's been updated. I'm sure Kaz will be made aware of this fact though :)

Goldrusher

Correct.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Weather
Length: 7004.0m Longest straight: 751.8m Elevation difference: 104.0m Corners: 21

+

Kart Space I
Length: 764.0m Longest straight: 115.0m Elevation difference: 2.3m Corners: 8

Kart Space I / Reverse
Length: 764.0m Longest straight: 115.0m Elevation difference: 2.3m Corners: 8

+

Kart Space II
Length: 657.0m Longest straight: 115.0m Elevation difference: 1.9m Corners: 7

Kart Space II / Reverse
Length: 657.0m Longest straight: 115.0m Elevation difference: 1.9m Corners: 7

amar212 said:
As far as I am aware, he personally saw your Neogaf post with Spa picture and he promptly included it in upcoming DLC.

I don't know which greater evidence of him listening the fanbase would you like? Seriously.

469730_8b5cbc08.jpg

i'm ready. it better have weather.

Sorc3r3r

Jeseus said:
KAZ:

Next time more EU cars in DLC!!!! How many nissans are in dealers garage 40?! or more?

for example we have 2 non special peugeot cars ...

This, I believe that European car tradition deserve way more attention from PD for the story of cars we have and for the european people that as far as i know are the major market for GT series.

Angst

chubigans said:
Dunno if posted but Kaz Tweeted that the patch to fix the G27 and a few bugs is coming in two weeks/late Oct.
Maybe it's time to upgrade from DF GT to G27... MM would you recommend it?

Angst said:
Maybe it's time to upgrade from DF GT to G27... MM would you recommend it?

Only tried the DF GT once, and after I had my G25 already... I must say... it felt like a toy :p

If you can afford it, go for it. Feels great, almost no noise (compared to the G25), gearbox is better then the G25 (but I still think it could be even better). The only thing I miss is the sequential gear box

offshore said:
£3.19 for Spa alone is a good deal IMO. They could have easily made Spa only part of the complete pack. I'm just getting the track and paint pack, car pack is pretty awful really.

I'm going to spend real money on paint chips. It feels ridiculous :lol

... I want to paint all my cars gold and silver chrome...

G27 is a massive upgrade compared to the DFGT. I went from the G25 to the G27 and loved the changes. So much quieter and smoother FFB. If you can swing it, I highly recommend going for the G27. If you look to play x360 games, might want to look into Fanatec.

benzy said:
Speaking of the track creator, what environment is this in the lower left? Is it even in the game?

http://gematsu.com/gallery/albums/gran-turismo-5/august-22-2010/Gran-Turismo-5_2010_08-22-10_68.jpg

I don't see it anywhere and no tracks I've created has that many trees.

Thats definitely not in the game. If you can create a long road using that track that would be awesome. Hopefully its not just a concept picture and in the future we get updates to the track creator.

benzy

Ah okay. I thought it might have been an unlockable like the phototravel locations. Sucks, it's one of the better looking track environments.

Xun

Metalmurphy said:
Couple things I've been noticing from Spec 2.0

The load times between menus, going to/from practice/dealerships/etc is improved as well. Specially when u go back to the main menu.

And they improved texture streaming/loading on tracks. The BMW signs on 24h Nurburgring used to be ugly as hell in one of the sides, they're perfect now.
Strange, it's still ugly for me. :/

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
finally booted this up again for the update. nearly forgot how gorgeous this game is. love the new load times.

kaz really delivered with this patch.

I´m 99% sure i got YLOD.

How do i proceed here? Backup saves and that´s it? Or do i need to deactivate something on my system. How does GT5 GAF acts when this terrible thing happens?

I think it died during a Suzuka wet race.

R.I.P 60GB backwards compatible PS3.

Will try my luck tonight, but i think it´s done. Talk about timing...

:(

seattle6418 said:
I´m 99% sure i got YLOD.

How do i proceed here? Backup saves and that´s it? Or do i need to deactivate something on my system. How does GT5 GAF acts when this terrible thing happens?

Not sure... quoting so more people can help you out.

seattle6418 said:
I´m 99% sure i got YLOD.

what i know is that as long as you use your psn account any data you send online stay online ( your racers for example ) .

i suppose you don't have psn + ? or any backup or your save ? you could try any repair YOLD faq on the web and do a backup then ..

if you can do either, then you're screwed .. you can still call sony to desactivate the console

paskowitz

^^^ Nope you loose that as well. :(

seattle6418 said:
I´m 99% sure i got YLOD.

Same thing happened to me while playing GT5. I have some bad news for you...

If you cannot restart your system without it turning off it is likely that you will not be able to recover any of your data. I asked Sony CS and they said there is no way they can transfer it to another PS3 (something to do with encryption). This is why I now buy PS+ (auto back-up feature).

spats

Reading YLOD stuff always scares the hell out of me. I'm so happy my PS3 automatically uploads my newest save to Sony's servers. It's not like they're indestructible but it's an added layer of security and really convenient.

*looks at 2008 phat and knocks on wood*

offshore

seattle6418 said:
I´m 99% sure i got YLOD.
If you can't turn it on at all, you'll have to repair it yourself or take it to an electronics place to try to repair it if you want to recover all your data. Sony do not repair them, they'll just give you a refurb that will inevitably break.

I went through five 60GB's before I started shouting at Sony and so they gave me a brand new slim ^^

Angst

^^poor seattle :(

I'm starting a GAF lounge now. Will post room # shortly

Room # 1472 - 6399 - 8408 - 2430 - 4797

I'm starting with a bit of rally now, should keep the randoms away

Top Bottom