• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Tried the Vettel seasonal (with a DS3, failed miserably but will retry later). Goddamn the people that drive these cars in real life amaze me.

-Amon-

funkystudent said:
PD should go a little crazy with the driver customization.

Get Nathon Drake or kratos behind the wheel. Scan Translator san or Kaz into the game and have them as a unlock.

Please, Modnation Racers seems the right game for that

-Amon- said:
Please, Modnation Racers seems the right game for that
ok maybe other game characters would be a bit silly for GT but I still want to unlock a Polyphony Digital Rally event where the driver is Kaz and Translator san is the navigator

Duffyside

Banned
Xun said:
I can't stop listening to this thanks to Spec II.

It's godly.
Wow. I haven't dled Spec II yet, as I haven't put GT5 in for at least six months, but that is one great "track." GT is always good for finding me a few gems. Last time it was the PANAU remix thingy.

I have a question. I've been seeing some really fast leveling with B-spec drivers, even before the daily bonuses started to stack for me. Here's a shot of my screen this evening, but look at where it put the driver levels after I'd done a few remote races for each driver:

gt5-bspecs.jpg

I'm not doing anything unusual here, but I'm surprised they went up to those levels so fast. Is this a glitch or something? I wasn't seeing this prior to Spec 2.0.

Winterblink said:
Tried the Vettel seasonal (with a DS3, failed miserably but will retry later). Goddamn the people that drive these cars in real life amaze me.

I was having a lot of problems with the Vettel seasonal too. I couldn't get past 4 corners without slamming into something. I just won the bronze with a 1:40.

It wasn't as hard as I thought. I finally had Suzuka memorized. I knew the track in GT5:p but had forgotten it. On my medal winning run, I wasn't close to perfect. Basically point and shoot. My lines sucked, but I it kept on the track and tried to carry speed in the corners. I used the stick on the DS3 btw. Keep trying you'll get it.

Agreed, the vittel car is impressively fast. No way I'd have the sack to drive as fast IRL as I did in a video game.

DonMigs85

Winterblink said:
It's not a real car, Formula 1 racers aren't quite as fast and have less downforce.
Still hard to drive of course.

DonMigs85 said:
It's not a real car, Formula 1 racers aren't quite as fast and have less downforce.
Still hard to drive of course.
Oh I know it's not real, but just thinking of the forces the drivers of F1 cars have to deal with... makes my Impreza seem like an ice cream truck by comparison.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Winterblink said:

I think that people playing with a DS 3 are quite disadvantaged with this. The smaller range of motion, compared to a real wheel, makes a lot of difference for a car as fast as this. Makes the vehicle control very twitchy.

In any case, I managed to make gold after many tries. Definitely very doable.

Here's some pics of 1 of tonight's races. Featuring me and Di3go. SSR5 Reverse.

Head to head action going on here. He kept the pressure on me good.
yIWTv.jpg

What a pesky bugger.
ErznM.jpg

Let's see how close he will follow me...
ffWkc.jpg

Ohboyherewego!
o0o7t.jpg

BOOF!
wNXvX.jpg

At this point.. I just lost it. Couldn't stop laughing for a good minute.
4cm96.jpg

Off into the distance I go...
sUkFo.jpg

Diego "lol" "I didnt see that"
TZQmA.jpg

Oh god. Twas great... I got an awesome 6th place finish... out of 7. =D. Diego is actually a great driver... knows how to keep the pressure on me. Haven't done an online race for any game in a long while, glad to be back. =]

Anyway. Night all!

Hellish

Is the vettel event expected to end anytime soon or I can hold out from updating all 3 of my consoles until the 18th with the DLC?

Just recently took my g27 off the wheelstand and put the M$ wheel on + hooked up 3 360;s in place of my ps3s its going to be a pain,

ah the joys of multi-monitor games on consoles :(

Nick_GTL said:
Is the vetel event expected to end anytime soon or I can hold out from updating all 3 of my consoles until the 18th with the DLC?
Info from the Gran Turismo site:
Time Trial
Red Bull X2010 S. Vettel Suzuka Circuit Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2011/10/09 03:30 - 2011/10/16 10:59
Gold: Cr.2,500,000 Silver: Cr.1,500,000 Bronze: Cr.1,000,000
Only got a few more days...

ruttyboy

This update has got me playing again for the first time since January. Love all the little tweaks that have happened in my absence but I have a few questions?

1) Are there any races in A-spec that are standing start?

2) The NASCAR series in A-spec Extreme Races, golded all of them easily except Daytona which appears to be impossible.

I remember from when I did the NASCAR special event back when GT5 came out you could turn off ASM, but now it seems to be locked on (which is odd as NASCARs don't have anything like that in real life right?) Is there any way to turn it off as it's killing me in the corners?

I don't even like NASCAR but for completion's sake I want to gold this last event...

chrislowe

bobbytkc said:
I think that people playing with a DS 3 are quite disadvantaged with this. The smaller range of motion, compared to a real wheel, makes a lot of difference for a car as fast as this. Makes the vehicle control very twitchy.

i have tried both my DS3 and my GT wheel, and on some tracks you are actually faster with the DS3. The countersteer is much much faster with the ds3 then the travel you have todo with the wheel.

but with a car like the red bull 1400hp car, you want a wheel to make little corrections :)

magawolaz

ruttyboy said:
This update has got me playing again for the first time since January. Love all the little tweaks that have happened in my absence but I have a few questions?

1) Are there any races in A-spec that are standing start?
Formula GT Championship for sure, I can't remember other races with standing starts...

ruttyboy said:
2) The NASCAR series in A-spec Extreme Races, golded all of them easily except Daytona which appears to be impossible.
That race is really a pain in the ass... you have to draft as much as you can, try not to be in 1st position on the last corner because the other drivers will most likely pass you in the final straight.

panty

I need to set-up my G27 for the weekend.

I can't remember who posted this, but it needs to be shown again, simply stunning.

mpkiH.jpg

Kolgar

Ravage said:
I know exactly what you mean :p

Vettel seasonal event is alot harder than i thought it would be >.<

Deep breath. Relax. STAY ON THE TRACK and it's easier than you think. :)

I suck at this game, relatively speaking, and I did 1:20.

magawolaz

ruttyboy said:
Thanks magawolaz, I guess I'll have to work on my not leading the race skills, I mean WTF NASCAR?
You're welcome. I just checked again, and the 4h Roadster Endurance (Mazdas @Tsukuba) has standind start as well. On the other hand, the 4h @Nurburging has rolling start (1h in with the Kaz-mobile :D)

Angelcurio

Ravage said:
I know exactly what you mean :p

Vettel seasonal event is alot harder than i thought it would be >.<
The seasonal event is extremely easy. I sucked hard at the Vettel Special event, failed a thousand times and still haven't achieved gold (I don't have a wheel), and yet i beated the seasonal event on my first try. Just stay calm and have patience.

Ravage

Kolgar said:
Deep breath. Relax. STAY ON THE TRACK and it's easier than you think. :)

I suck at this game, relatively speaking, and I did 1:20.

Angelcurio said:
The seasonal event is extremely easy. I sucked hard at the Vettel Special event, failed a thousand times and still haven't achieved gold (I don't have a wheel), and yet i beated the seasonal event on my first try. Just stay calm and have patience.

Thanks for the advice, finally got gold :)

Polyphony

Nooo, they changed the rewards for the seasonals. No more helmet farming from the Ferrari race at La Sarthe. 1st place reward is now a paint chip, booo. I guess PD wants us to pay for DLC to get the stig helmet. I still managed to win one of the new Daft Punk looking ones last night though.

thelastword

Banned
bobbytkc said:

Funny that you say that, seeing that the guy with the fastest time on that seasonal did it with a DS3 and clocked it at only 01:03.

funkystudent said:
PD should go a little crazy with the driver customization.

Get Nathon Drake or kratos behind the wheel. Scan Translator san or Kaz into the game and have them as a unlock.

no.

the game needs eye cameo and clear visors.

27b3k.jpg

thelastword

Banned
Got two questions, need some feedback.

1.) I need to spec up my Bspec drivers, earlier this year when my 60Gb died, I was at level 15 in Bspec mode, since that save is gone, I'm reduced to level 11 on one of my earlier stored saves. I've never tried remote racing, but I suspect I need more people who play GT5 to be on my friends list so they could use my drivers, (I've just made two drivers available online for bspec racing). Do I have the right idea or is there a thread with the ID's of GT5 regulars or should I just simply join gaf races and go from there?

2.) Is there any way to disable the ghost driver in the x2010 event? It puts me off all the time in successive laps on that event.

2scoops

Quick question please, I have the chance the buy the Driving Force GT wheel and was wondering if it is a good wheel ( just need it to gold the damn vettel challenges!! ). Would love to get the G25 or 27, but i'm on a bit of a budget.....thanks in advance!

Top Bottom