• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

chubigans said:
vNVbp2.jpg

Whoa.

Look at all dem nice tree's.

mblitek

C'est magnifique!

The whole video I was naming corners. Can't wait to play with aero & gear settings as it is pretty crucial at Spa.

Can't wait for the new DLC. Looks awesome!
What I can't figure out...I DL the 2.0 update and still get the same old opening movie...what am I doing wrong? And to buy the DLC, would you guys recommend using a creditcard ( dunno if it's safe nowadays or should I buy a PSN card? )

AndyD

aka andydumi
Steve McQueen said:
What I can't figure out...I DL the 2.0 update and still get the same old opening movie...what am I doing wrong? And to buy the DLC, would you guys recommend using a creditcard ( dunno if it's safe nowadays or should I buy a PSN card? )
If you are worried, after a purchase, remove the credit card data. Only if its stored in there will it cause issues.

Steve McQueen said:

You have to download the new intro from GTTV. It'll replace the current one.

brentech

Steve McQueen said:
You have to go into GTTV and download the new intro.

@ Brentech , FuElFr3nzy, and AndyD. Thanks a lot!!

I was thinking that PSN would save my creditcard details, but when it's not, I'll guess I'll buy the DLC and remove my details.

I took a look at gtplanet ( Amar ) and the screens look amazing. I'm really excited about the DLC. Kinda strange.....last week Forza 4 was in my head, now all I can think of is the GT5 DLC :D

Damn, Spa's looking great. They need to release the DLC now! Why wait till Tuesday if the content is already in the SPEC II update?!...

Rabbitweed said:
Damn, Spa's looking great. They need to release the DLC now! Why wait till Tuesday if the content is already in the SPEC II update?!...

U still need the unlock key from the store, and stores update on tuesdays.

tusken77

Steve McQueen said:

Like the guys said, you get the Spec 2.0 intro from GTTV, and you don't lose the original. It can still be watched in GTTV.

tusken77 said:
Like the guys said, you get the Spec 2.0 intro from GTTV, and you don't lose the original. It can still be watched in GTTV.

Thanks! I just watched the new one. Hype!
I wish you could change time and weather on all tracks....now that would be something :D

offshore

I think it's time to retire Moon Over The Castle and make Soul On Display the GT theme for every future intro. So fucking good, got more desire to go racing after watching that intro than I ever did with MoTC and whatever garbage SCEA and SCEE used.

Niks

Metalmurphy said:
U still need the unlock key from the store, and stores update on tuesdays.

At what time does the store normally update?
I was hoping it would be like spec 2.0, late Monday release...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Steve McQueen said:
Thanks! I just watched the new one. Hype!
I wish you could change time and weather on all tracks....now that would be something :D
I understand the night time stuff, but anyone know if there any reason why we're not getting weather for all tracks?

amar212

I added a final, 3rd update on GTPlanet, so if you are interested check it out.

Also, Goldrusher - you're unfortunately the only Gaffer at my current list - I have no more slots since it is filled with members from my community - so please feel free to join my Lounge for some late-night Spa action if you're reading this :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
amar212 said:

Also, Goldrusher - you're unfortunately the only Gaffer at my current list - I have no more slots since it is filled with members from my community - so please feel free to join my Lounge for some late-night Spa action if you're reading this :)
Oh wow, that is some awesome news on how DLC is handled. Thanks amar for all the info!

amar212 said:

Wait... people that don't buy the tracks can still play in them if someone else hosts? oO

dwebo

... I guess that's one way to not split the community. I wonder if seasonals on the track will also be for everyone.

Metalmurphy said:
Wait... people that don't buy the tracks can still play in them if someone else hosts? oO

Which is awesome, that means that the people who do buy the dlc will have it for hotlapping, seasonals, time trials, e.t.c. I love the way PD handled this.

Goldrusher

amar212 said:
Gran Turismo 5 said:
Joing room...

:)

spats

Amar delivering again.

So excited to see Spa with my own eyes next week, so I'm not going to watch any of the screens or videos. :)

CozMick

Banned
wabo said:
So DLC is just a X Kb unlocking one?

I would imagine that 2.0 was the dlc and we'll be downloading an unlock file when we purchase it

How else would other people who didn't purchase the dlc be able to join you? :)

alba

Little is the new Big
Sent you a message on psn amar, I'm finishing a formula GT championship but after it, I can set up my HD capture card again and record some stuff :D

amar212

alba said:
Sent you a message on psn amar, I'm finishing a formula GT championship but after it, I can set up my HD capture card again and record some stuff :D

Hi mate,

Unfortunately, I'm off to bed now, F1 is early morning and I want to grab some sleep :)

However if i grab some time tomorrow we'll do something. Cheers!

alba

Little is the new Big
amar212 said:
Hi mate,

Unfortunately, I'm off to bed now, F1 is early morning and I want to grab some sleep :)

However if i grab some time tomorrow we'll do something. Cheers!

Alright, I'll set everything up for tomorrow then :)

Top Bottom