• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Goldrusher

GTP_Daverytimes said:

HIKIf.jpg

Iknos

Got my $20 PSN card ready. In all honesty I will give Spa a few laps and will enjoy this goodness later in the year.

KingDizzi

Banned
Will buy track pack, will enjoy track pack.

Very sad that PD really did not do leaderboards in GT5, need to accept it just ain't happening. If PD don't know how to do it take a look at other racing games for fuck sake, this is a racing game. The allure is to beat times of other people, if leaderboards were added at the start there is no doubt in my mind that I'd have put many many days into this game. Mates came over a few days ago and had a run with a few cars in arcade mode, beating just their times has kept me busy.

Bad show PD. :(

inner-G said:
Loving all the additions from the patch.

That red bull car is so fast it's almost scary playing with a wheel.

I can barely keep it on the track while setting a time! Driving line has totally gone out the window, I'm just keeping it in the centre of the track, luckily even that nets you well in to the gold time.

dwebo

Anybody else just buying the track pack? Even though it'd be nifty for a few minutes to drive around as the Stig, I don't particularly want to support paying for avatar clothes, paint colors (c'mon now), or modified cars over originals. Other games do cosmetic DLC as well, and I don't buy those either. And yes, I realize my stance is just a drop in the ocean of DLC-starved GT5 players that'll probably buy the bundle in droves.

dwebo said:
Anybody else just buying the track pack? Even though it'd be nifty for a few minutes to drive around as the Stig, I don't particularly want to support paying for avatar clothes, paint colors (c'mon now), or modified cars over originals. Other games do cosmetic DLC as well, and I don't buy those either. And yes, I realize my stance is just a drop in the ocean of DLC-starved GT5 players that'll probably buy the bundle in droves.

Don't make it sound like it's a new livery. It's a new model and cockpit.

And to answer ur question, I'm buying the bundle.

Mxrz

Well, I'm pondering buying just the track pack, but since its like $11 for the bundle, might as well just get it. I'd really like to just grab PD, scream "MORE TRACKS!!!!" and bludgeon them with dollar bills until they understood me.

dwebo said:

I was only going to buy the tracks, but the difference is only 7 bucks and I took a look at what you're getting for that 7 bucks-

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

-15 new cars. 12 RM/ Touring models, 3 go-karts
-90 new driver items. suits, helmets etc
-100 new paint chips, including 10 chrome chips. :D

That's a ton of stuff for only 7 dollars more.

hirokazu

weekend_warrior said:
I was only going to buy the tracks, but the difference is only 7 bucks and I took a look at what you're getting for that 7 bucks-

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5/dlc/

-15 new cars. 12 RM/ Touring models, 3 go-karts
-90 new driver items. suits, helmets etc
-100 new paint chips, including 10 chrome chips. :D

That's a ton of stuff for only 7 dollars more.
Single use paint makes them worthless to me.

32 of the 90 driver items are already in the game, the DLC just unlocks them.

And of course, modified versions of existing cars.

These things put me on the fence about the DLC pack, even though I kinda want to instabuy.

Neo 007

Can't buy PSN cards anywhere in my local.
After the security fiasco earlier on this year,theres no way I'm giving my CC details.

So looks like no DLC for me.

Sony you fucking clusterfucks!!!

DonMigs85

I'm seeing a lot of screen tear that I don't recall in my Nurburgring B-spec race. Could it be a consequence of my dying PS3? (It shows a yellow light but boots up ok after a few restarts).

CoilShot

Neo 007 said:
After the security fiasco earlier on this year,theres no way I'm giving my CC details.

Amazon?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DonMigs85 said:
I'm seeing a lot of screen tear that I don't recall in my Nurburgring B-spec race. Could it be a consequence of my dying PS3? (It shows a yellow light but boots up ok after a few restarts).
Yikes, a yellow light? Save all your games to the cloud/USB immediately and get out the game disc that's in there. It's about to blow!

DonMigs85

chubigans said:
Yikes, a yellow light? Save all your games to the cloud/USB immediately and get out the game disc that's in there. It's about to blow!
It's been doing it for the past month or so actually. It always boots fine after 2-3 restarts, seems that some component has to warm up first... It just survived a 9 hour endurance race.

Zertez

With playing Dark Souls I missed this altogether. Definitely picking up the new dlc cars. Lot of Nissan love and have to show my support for more Nissan power. heh

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
Pretty much everyone uses the bumper cam in these competitions. The GT Academy seemed to be 99% bumper cam.
Really? Cool. Hope that means there are some better cockpitless or reduced cockpit views for 6.

DonMigs85

Even with the blurry unmoving gauge textures, I must admit the GSX-R, Formula GT and Caterham look good in cockpit view. Any others that look sweet?

Mush

Remember kids, we will be holding a practice for the Super GT League at 20.00GMT Saturday. Feel free to send a friend request to GAFsuperGT so you can join the action.

baekshi

Banned
kSNC9.jpg

kgbEv.jpg

SBU1I.jpg

9RPlM.jpg

5K5VR.jpg

I don't know how the kart got there, but man.. the race had some variety
Race Cars?
Le Mans?
Nascar?
Mini Van?
Karts?

will upload 1080 later..

Melfice7

DonMigs85 said:
Even with the blurry unmoving gauge textures, I must admit the GSX-R, Formula GT and Caterham look good in cockpit view. Any others that look sweet?

Prowler has the best standard cockpit (working gauges too) and the Chaparral 2J is awesome too

GenericUser

checked out the 2.0 update this morning, and i am pleasently surprised. cockpits for standard cars = yay! unfortunately, since i am not a online racer, the lack of actual race-content is disappointing.

vettels raceing rocket is fun though.

dalin80

Banned
sponk said:
, since i am not a online racer, the lack of actual race-content is disappointing.

This, a-spec and b-spec have been very disappointing since day 1 and have yet to even have the slightest tweak. We are also still missing a few of the GT fundamentals like the test track and 1/4m run, but hey, at least we have another few hundred pointless helmets to choose from.

dalin80 said:
This, a-spec have been very disappointing since day 1 and have yet to even have the slightest tweak.

Its called seasonal events :p

Its highly unlikely that A/B-Spec will change anytime soon, but as far as new races are concerned, thats why they added seasonal events for.

Sucks that B-Spec drivers cant participate in those races though :/

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Neo 007 said:

You can just delete the cc details after buying. That's what I do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did they make the trees better looking :O?

dalin80

Banned
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Its called seasonal events :p

/

Thinking more along the lines of full series championships etc not just 'do 5 laps of tsukuba in car X' and a b-spec more that consists of more then pressing x once every 10 seconds.

Top Bottom