• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

offshore

Is that off-screen footage? Cockpits only ever appear that bright with off-screen footage; in-game they're always a lot darker unfortunately. Footage like that though shows how much better GT5 would be with cockpits that aren't so damn dark. Wish PD would brighten all the [premium] interiors up.

offshore said:
Is that off-screen footage? Cockpits only ever appear that bright with off-screen footage; in-game they're always a lot darker unfortunately. Footage like that though shows how much better GT5 would be with cockpits that aren't so damn dark. Wish PD would brighten all the [premium] interiors up.

Gran Turismo 5 Exclusive SPA FRANCORCHAMPS Directfeed Gameplay PS3

tusken77

SunhiLegend said:
ibyAZDpSr0zHfm.gif

Talk about photo realistic

Mmmmmmmmmm. YUM.

RaijinFY

Ahaha wow! I had to look several times as i thought it was photoshopped... and then the video DIRECT-FEED on the top of that!! :O

tusken77 said:
Is that meant to be a criticism? That's the ghost car appearing at the start of a new lap.
I think people were just pointing out elements of the gif that showed it was a game rather than real footage.

offshore said:

Overcast with sun behind clouds = no shadows. PD nailed that look perfectly.

Goldrusher

Eau Rouge:

v1xhe.jpg

The little stream which the track crosses at the start of a very famous corner.
It's named "Red Water" because the iron in the rocks often turns it bright red.

uXoCN.jpg

Lrv2U.jpg

uLd7o.jpg

FFd1V.jpg

wbjxW.jpg

hxl29.jpg

fwDhL.jpg

offshore

funkystudent said:
see shit like this is why I think tracks with different weather and/or time of day look amazing compared to normal sunny GT weather.
It's a shame PD can't nail bright sunlight, as night, dusk, dawn and overcast all look incredible. Bright sunlight doesn't look so hot though. Not say it's easy to do mind, I imagine it isn't.

funkystudent said:
see shit like this is why I think tracks with different weather and/or time of day look amazing compared to normal sunny GT weather.
It's partly why the 'Ring looks better than all the other tracks.

Goldrusher said:

I had no idea that Eau Rouge was an actual stream. How did they take that photo?

Progmetal

Bright sunlight is also the worst condition to take real photographs. That's why you always want to take pics at dawn or afternoon/evening. The lighting is so much better then.

Spa looks so real in overcast weather.

wabo

Banned
spwolf said:
i know... i am laughing about him not realizing that translucent outline is a ghost.
If this poster agrees with you, you're doing something very wrong.

So, Am i doing something very wrong?

wabo is confussed...

wabo escaped.

Ty4on

Goldrusher said:
GT5 looks bad in sunshine?

Yeah, I agree it usually doesn't look as impressive as overcast or night. The overcast gif from the cockpit also looks amazing in HD because there are no blocky shadows.

SLV

I have a serious question. Did Spec 2.0 add the posibility for a A.I. Driver to drive in your stead in A-Spec ? Because after i just switched on the game to continue from suspension, the 4 hour, endurance, i wasnt in pit stops like usual, it was a rolling start in the midle of the race, and the car was not controllable, it kept slamming in to the wall near the pitstops for a while, and after that started to drive like a normal A.I. driver. If this was added in spec 2.0 ignore me.

offshore said:
It's a shame PD can't nail bright sunlight, as night, dusk, dawn and overcast all look incredible. Bright sunlight doesn't look so hot though. Not say it's easy to do mind, I imagine it isn't.
I think thats just because the way PD dont tweak lighting tone for each track.

A sunny day at Laguna Seca doesn't look the same as a sunny day at Fuji Speedway but in GT5 all sunny days look the same.

Plus all tracks are not sunny all the time. Like the Top Gear track. That tracks default weather should be overcast.... I have never seen a episode of top gear where it was a bright summers day on the test track lol.

Wazzim

Banned
I agree that PD is good in everything but sunny lighting, must be because they don't make much use of track reflections.

Dead Man

SLV said:
I have a serious question. Did Spec 2.0 add the posibility for a A.I. Driver to drive in your stead in A-Spec ? Because after i just switched on the game to continue from suspension, the 4 hour, endurance, i wasnt in pit stops like usual, it was a rolling start in the midle of the race, and the car was not controllable, it kept slamming in to the wall near the pitstops for a while, and after that started to drive like a normal A.I. driver. If this was added in spec 2.0 ignore me.
I think there might be a bug in the pitstops/race suspension.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31820297&postcount=12908
CozMick said:
The weirdest thing is happening right now,

I restart the game to continue my endurance race and as usual the AI takes control to guide me into the pits, except this time it missed the pits and veered off over the grass, at this point the AI goes mental and tries to enter through the pit wall towards the start/finish line, once it's continued to bash it's way up the start/finish straight it goes and does another lap like in B-Spec...............

Except he won't enter the pits, he's doing the race for me...............

Now I have to sit here and watch the AI win an A-Spec race for me :\ :lol

God only knows what's gonna happen when he runs out of fuel...

magawolaz

I just finished the 'ring 4h without any trouble, I saved two times before finishing. On the last lap, when the countdown stopped, the HUD said I was in 6th position, and I was like O_O
I thought it was a bug, or something...
Then I realize I was not even 1 lap ahead the second driver, and when I finally crossed the line I became 1st.

Great race, the Kaz-mobile is really a pleasure to drive. 27 laps, won by 4 minutes.
With 200% reward, I bumped up from 3/4 of Level 38 to half Level 39.
Maybe I'll do it again with the Falken :3

SolidSnakex said:
Skip to 1:19:35 to see a tour of PD's studio

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17883706

It's not their new studio, but it looks like they redesigned their old studio. It looks a lot better now than it did a few years ago.

Haven't seen this background demo before

6246222371_c8a1f33b21_b_d.jpg

You can see the logos which were found on the site a while back from the tracks of GT4. Also whats with the avatars on the top gear test track bottom right. There probably just concept images but still interesting nevertheless.

6246222247_a2f58facf6_b_d.jpg

Creating SPA. Isn't that the same lady who was the course designer from the GT2 making of video

6246746072_030b6b6680_b_d.jpg

brotkasten said:
Would it bother you guys to pay for old ported GT4 tracks?

I wouldn't mind getting a track pack with a few tracks from GT4 ported over. But I'd rather they keep creating and releasing new tracks made for GT5. If they recreated some of the GT4 tracks from scratch that would be amazing.

amar212

brotkasten said:
Would it bother you guys to pay for old ported GT4 tracks?

I would pay 30 euros to get all tracks from GT4 missing in GT5. And would pay 100 euros to get all tracks from every GT game. And I am dead serious.

Metalmurphy said:
It's the one used for the SEMA cars, except with different cars in that screen.

I was hoping we would have been able to control that garage demo, such as select your cars and take photos. I'm sure they can make that area a photo travel location. The cars look so good reflecting the light in that scene.

6246314941_e5059b8810_z_d.jpg

SunhiLegend said:
Creating SPA. Isn't that the same lady who was the course designer from the GT2 making of video

[IM]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6052/6246746072_030b6b6680_b_d.jpg[/IMG]

qZ7CB.jpg

Car and Driver did a nice story about the staff at PD a few years ago

The software engineers who created the physics engine have stayed with Yamauchi through the years and have come to be known as the "Nine Samurai" (theirs are the Ferraris and Aston Martins in Polyphony's parking lot), a takeoff on the famous Akira Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/07q3/the_game_boys-feature

Top Bottom