• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Sorry new page so I figured I'd ask again: can anyone recommend a good stand for a logitech wheel? I'm usually sitting back on my couch so something that can be angled back would be great. Thanks!

desu

Winterblink said:
Sorry new page so I figured I'd ask again: can anyone recommend a good stand for a logitech wheel? I'm usually sitting back on my couch so something that can be angled back would be great. Thanks!

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

Pretty happy with it for my gt25. Not sure if it works for whatever wheel you have.

KingDizzi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Car and Driver did a nice story about the staff at PD a few years ago

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/07q3/the_game_boys-feature

The software engineers who created the physics engine have stayed with Yamauchi through the years and have come to be known as the "Nine Samurai" (theirs are the Ferraris and Aston Martins in Polyphony's parking lot), a takeoff on the famous Akira Kurosawa film The Seven Samurai.

God fucking damn PD employees getting paid. *____*

I would be more than happy to pay the amount Spa costs for other tracks, all my mates loaded thier PSN announts with a £20 PSN card for Spa and just the hope that we get more tracks down the line. Pretty sure this won't be only DLC we see, more tracks are on the way.......surely.

KingDizzi said:
God fucking damn PD employees are getting some of that money the GT games make back to say the least. *____*

Kaz has two Ford GT's (a car that costs 140k). He bought the second one just so that he could race modify it.

KingDizzi said:
God fucking damn PD employees getting paid. *____*

I would be more than happy to pay the amount Spa costs for other tracks, all my mates loaded thier PSN announts with a £20 PSN card for Spa and just the hope that we get more tracks down the line. Pretty sure this won't be only DLC we see, more tracks are on the way.......surely.
I'm not sure if I'd pay 4 bucks for and old, ported and untouched track.

KingDizzi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Of course. Kaz has two Ford GT's (a car that costs 140k). He bought the second one just so that he could race modify it.

Yeah but he's the big boy, of course he's getting big money but the other seniors certainly don't have to take the bus and train unlike me. All the other staff can't be too badly off either, people can derp derp all they want about GT5 costing $60 million or whatever but PD made that money back in droves.

The old studio actually looks really nice, they've done it up so what's going on there? Are they going to abandon the old studio with everyone moving to the new one or is that one going to remain open? Also they are increasing staff numbers right?

brotkasten said:
I'm not sure if I'd pay 4 bucks for and old, ported and untouched track.

Kewl, thanks for letting me know!

Bricfa

Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping back in to GT5 since it seems they've updated a lot of things. Is there a video somewhere that shows the various updates? especially the UI tweaks. I remember when it first came out the UI was very clunky and slow.

Bricfa said:
Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping back in to GT5 since it seems they've updated a lot of things. Is there a video somewhere that shows the various updates? especially the UI tweaks. I remember when it first came out the UI was very clunky and slow.

It's faster, but not by much, most noticeable change is when you go back to GT Life main menu. That's where it's the fastest now. The layout is the same, the only difference is that you can now buy upgrades directly from the settings menu, even during races.

Also when you press circle and you reached the last "page" it will take u directly to gt life instead of having to press X.

KingDizzi said:
The old studio actually looks really nice, they've done it up so what's going on there? Are they going to abandon the old studio with everyone moving to the new one or is that one going to remain open? Also they are increasing staff numbers right?

Well, this was certainly unexpected: Japanese news outlets are reporting that Polyphony Digital will be moving 50 of the company’s 150 employees more than 500 miles away, from Tokyo to Fukuoka, Japan. Apparently, the trauma Tokyo suffered during the Japan’s major earthquake earlier this year has prompted the move (Fukuoka is located in the western end of Japan, which generally sees less seismic activity compared to other parts of the country).

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-moves-50-employees-to-fukuoka-japan/

Notably, Kazunori himself is leaving Tokyo and moving to work in Polyphony’s new facilities, located in the Central Building of Fukuoka Software Research Park. This is, apparently, only the first step in a larger transition to Fukuoka, with plans to expand and hire new, local developers and engineers. Yamauchi also confirmed “there are plans of opening an even larger studio in a few years”, and hopes to one day open a game development school in the city. Meanwhile, the future of Polyphony’s Tokyo studios remain unclear.

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-to-continue-expansion-in-fukuoka-japan/

I doubt that they'd shut down their Tokyo studio. It seems like a lot of people still work there, and it'd obviously be hard to have all of those devs move their lives that far away.

magawolaz

SunhiLegend said:
I was hoping we would have been able to control that garage demo, such as select your cars and take photos. I'm sure they can make that area a photo travel location. The cars look so good reflecting the light in that scene.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6054/6246314941_e5059b8810_z_d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
There are several areas used on the main menu background but not in PhotoMode... And I don't know why, they are modeled, PD give them to us ç_ç

I was making a list, but I found this link: [url]http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181212[/url]

:(

offshore

KingDizzi said:
Pretty sure this won't be only DLC we see, more tracks are on the way.......surely.
GT5-spec Tahiti, Midfield and Rome Night please, Polyphony. But make sure Tahiti and Midfield are the GT2 versions and not the botched GT3/GT4 versions.

kthxbai

desu

chubigans said:
Ordered it a few days ago, it's still stuck in Poland. :(

It's gonna take ages for it to get here! Grrr.

Where do you have it send to? It was here pretty quick back then. They only needed a few days to have stock since I ordered around GT5 release time.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
desu said:
Where do you have it send to? It was here pretty quick back then. They only needed a few days to have stock since I ordered around GT5 release time.
Texas. Can't wait for it to get here.

So happy to get a reason to start up the game again. I finally got around to importing the cars from my PSP. Did not really understand the point of the limit of 50 active cars from the portable garage. Can someone explain why there is a limit?

G Rom

I thought this might interest some you :

6247686568_75c73a8f9c_z.jpg

Spa Francorchamps Time Trial with Ferrari F10
Spa Francorchamps Time Trial with Ferrari F10 (Replay)

6247159485_503fb42223_z.jpg

Spa Francorchamps Race with Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
Spa Francorchamps Race with Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Replay)

6247682622_07e2eaeb62_z.jpg

Spa Francorchamps Rain Time Trial with TVR Tamora
Spa Francorchamps Rain Time Trial with TVR Tamora (Replay)

You can find the download links for HD versions on the right.
Special thanks to amar212 for letting us use his replays. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
test_account said:
How will the DLC be handled regarding online play? What happens if you dont have the DLC and try to join a room that has DLC tracks?
Then you get to play the DLC track, as long as the host has it.

Haven't played since launch and all the updates are actually music to my...eyes. Unfortunately I didn't sit down with the game with quality time but I'm excited I'll be walking into a polished experience now. Can't wait to see the subtle improvements.
Do the graphics look improved during races?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
offshore said:
Is that off-screen footage? Cockpits only ever appear that bright with off-screen footage; in-game they're always a lot darker unfortunately. Footage like that though shows how much better GT5 would be with cockpits that aren't so damn dark. Wish PD would brighten all the [premium] interiors up.
You could try boosting the exposure in quick options.

DEO3

They've really streamlined things since I last played, being able to pick from a sorted list of owned cars right from an event screen, as well as buy and fit parts for your car right from the race menu, saves so much time. I can't believe how many seasonal events there are, though most seem to be re-hashed campaign series. I finally got around to adding some custom music to the sound track and it makes the game so much better, I never really cared for the standard soundtrack.

I play with HUD off when going for times to avoid it making you nervous (REALLLLY wish Wipeout HD had that for Zone and Zico), and I really wish they told you when your lap is invalidated...I always have to pause and go to the HUD options and turn it on really quick mid-race.

So I won the Silver then quit out and got the Cr. reward, then got Gold and quit out and got that reward.

Can you keep getting Credit rewards if you keep getting Gold? Or that's it?

So do you keep the special Red Bull x2010 event car to use whenever you want after the event ends?
Surely this would help you get trophies easier? Or not...

Polyphony

jetsetfluken said:
So do you keep the special Red Bull x2010 event car to use whenever you want after the event ends?
Surely this would help you get trophies easier? Or not...

Sorry, forgot to answer your initial question. The Vettel seasonal prizes are only redeemable once, so after you get gold, that's it. By getting gold, you also win the silver and bronze monetary prizes, unless you had already claimed these before by finishing with a silver or bronze time.

Also, about the X2010, I believe you have until today to redeem one for free. Kaz promised one for those who log in within a week or two from Vettel's win in Suzuka. Go to your Community page in-game and there should be a gift there for you to claim.

Polyphony said:
Sorry, forgot to answer your initial question. The Vettel seasonal prizes are only redeemable once, so after you get gold, that's it. By getting gold, you also win the silver and bronze monetary prizes, unless you had already claimed these before by finishing with a silver or bronze time.

Also, about the X2010, I believe you have until today to redeem one for free. Kaz promised one for those who log in within a week or two from Vettel's win in Suzuka. Go to your Community page in-game and there should be a prize there for you to claim.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I figured that, sine I went on tho beat my Gold time and got nothing.

If you have the X2010 in your Garage and it's selectable with your other stuff, that means you have claimed it and you have it forever, right?

Top Bottom