• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

WoolyNinja

chubigans said:
Ordered it a few days ago, it's still stuck in Poland. :(

It's gonna take ages for it to get here! Grrr.

Just an FYI to others looking to get a wheel stand pro who live in the US. This is the US site for the wheel stand pro - http://www.wheelstandpro.us/

I ordered from there last year and got the thing quickly and in perfect condition.

The stand itself is awesome and you should definitely love it once it shows up!

Polyphony

I just did the seasonals that have helmet prizes as well. I won this when while doing the Super GT Indy seasonal. I'm pretty sure it's random.

elektrixx

Banned
I didn't realise I could use Vettel's F1 in most races. For someone who started playing after Spec II and is up to Amateur races this has totally broken the game for me.

Still fun!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
WoolyNinja said:
Just an FYI to others looking to get a wheel stand pro who live in the US. This is the US site for the wheel stand pro - http://www.wheelstandpro.us/

I ordered from there last year and got the thing quickly and in perfect condition.

The stand itself is awesome and you should definitely love it once it shows up!
*slaps forehead* doh! If only I knew beforehand...oh well. Can't wait for it to arrive!

nib95

Banned
Polyphony said:
Sorry, forgot to answer your initial question. The Vettel seasonal prizes are only redeemable once, so after you get gold, that's it. By getting gold, you also win the silver and bronze monetary prizes, unless you had already claimed these before by finishing with a silver or bronze time.

Also, about the X2010, I believe you have until today to redeem one for free. Kaz promised one for those who log in within a week or two from Vettel's win in Suzuka. Go to your Community page in-game and there should be a gift there for you to claim.

I couldn't find one as a gift in mine after downloading the update. EU/UK here. Any ideas? Do you have to complete the event to get one?

desu

So the extra % for xp/cr doesnt work on online races :/? Got up to 200% and did the new vettel online challange but I only got 5m for winning :s.

darkwing

nib95 said:
I couldn't find one as a gift in mine after downloading the update. EU/UK here. Any ideas? Do you have to complete the event to get one?
hmm I think it was sent through the in mail system?

Dead Man

nib95 said:
You need to go to the community page in GTlife, then accept the gift. The ticket should then show up.

elektrixx said:
I didn't realise I could use Vettel's F1 in most races. For someone who started playing after Spec II and is up to Amateur races this has totally broken the game for me.

Still fun!

Use willpower. :)

I began the game anew only a few days before spec 2.0 hit. I'm allowed to compete in expert events now, but I stick with professional. I've finished less than half of what you can race in beginner and amateur, I'm going back trying to gold them and all of my favorite cars are tuned way too high.

The events with no limit, I've practically lapped the AI cars.
So I repurchased some of them like the Elise, and keep a stock version in a different color just to use in those races to keep it interesting. I can't imagine using the vittel race car in those events, talk about cheating !!! :)

desu said:
What the ...... :|. They ripped me off =/.

I read that if you have any network problems and get disconnected from the PD/PSN servers while playing the bonus resets until you start the game up again while connected.

BTW, I finally bought the blue Amemiya RX7 yesterday and wow, what a nice car. I hope we can someday race with it in the NRL :p

dalin80

Banned
Really wish they would get rid of this 'this car cant be sold' BS, I now have two red bull x-1's I don't want that should be worth millions.

desu

Risk Breaker said:
I read that if you have any network problems and get disconnected from the PD/PSN servers while playing the bonus resets until you start the game up again while connected.

Thats what happened :|, man fuck it <.<.

Massa

dalin80 said:
Really wish they would get rid of this 'this car cant be sold' BS, I now have two red bull x-1's I don't want that should be worth millions.

I'd just use the extra one for B-Spec drivers, there's no way I'd let that stupid AI will get a scratch on my car.

desu

Question, I resumed an endurance race from yesterday (where I had 200%). Since I resumed the race I couldnt get to the gt life screen today to get my daily postcards and so on. Will the game still remember my 200%? Because I wouldnt be surprised if I have to go to my gt life screen so that the game registers me.

dalin80

Banned
Massa said:
I'd just use the extra one for B-Spec drivers, there's no way I'd let that stupid AI will get a scratch on my car.

Would be nice to get rid of both, I have about 20,000,000 worth of cars at least that I dont want sat around.

desu

desu said:
Question, I resumed an endurance race from yesterday (where I had 200%). Since I resumed the race I couldnt get to the gt life screen today to get my daily postcards and so on. Will the game still remember my 200%? Because I wouldnt be surprised if I have to go to my gt life screen so that the game registers me.

Finished the race and only got 100% even though I should be in 200%. Not sure if this an endurance resume problem or simply that I didnt log into gt life today.

Toxa

need to bring back these tracks :

Infineon Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi
Chamonix
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena
Swiss Alps
Tahiti Maze
El Capitan
Midfield Raceway
New York
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Hong Kong
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Central
Test Course
Las Vegas Drag Strip
Driving Park

with dynamic weather and/or day/night transition

panty

Toxa said:

Infineon Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi
Chamonix
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena
Swiss Alps
Tahiti Maze
El Capitan
Midfield Raceway
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Hong Kong
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Central
Test Course
Las Vegas Drag Strip
Driving Park

I'd easily pay 100€ for all of them.

dalin80

Banned
I would pay for tracks if they were actually integrated into the game eg. extra enduro races on them and some of the overused venues replaced in a-spec and seasonal.

Wouldnt be sad at all if the horrid new york and hong kong tracks were never touched again.

Progmetal

elektrixx said:
I was up to 150% and got 7,500,000 credits.

I was up to 200% and got 8 mill credits.

How many days do you stay on 200% though? I've stayed on 200% for 3 days in a row now. Do you stay on 200% if you log on every day?

darkwing

Progmetal said:
I was up to 200% and got 8 mill credits.

How many days do you stay on 200% though? I've stayed on 200% for 3 consecutive days now. Do you stay on 200% if you log on every day?
i think so, until you miss a day

Xun

I think I'm going to get a Ferrari F1 car in preparation for Spa. But what one would you guys suggest?

I prefer the look of the 2010 model, but I know the 2007 one is ever so slightly faster?

dalin80

Banned
The speed difference is so minor compared to the driving skill required to get either of them to even 90% potential that its better just to go with the one that you prefer then worry about the 0.2s difference that those who do thousands of laps can extract.

TTG

Xun said:
I think I'm going to get a Ferrari F1 car in preparation for Spa. But what one would you guys suggest?

I prefer the look of the 2010 model, but I know the 2007 one is ever so slightly faster?

I have both(can you tell I ran out of stuff to buy?) and I like the f2007 better. It's definitely worth it to buy one just for the cockpit view. Seeing exactly where that inside wheel is is nice and the rpm LED lights are perfect for timing shifts without having to glance down. You'll also be surprised with just how much better they are to drive compared to the formula gt. None of that annoying understeer and you can actually correct oversteer without lifting, up to a point. F2007 is really one of the most fun cars to drive in the game.

TTG

dalin80 said:
The speed difference is so minor compared to the driving skill required to get either of them to even 90% potential that its better just to go with the one that you prefer then worry about the 0.2s difference that those who do thousands of laps can extract.

After the learning curve required just to get bronze on the Vettel Challenge(going by old times) and the shit tastic A spec Formula GT event, I found the ferrari formula cars inspire loads of confidence to push at 10/10. It's just a matter of getting your driving line down.

Xun

TTG said:
I have both(can you tell I ran out of stuff to buy?) and I like the f2007 better. It's definitely worth it to buy one just for the cockpit view. Seeing exactly where that inside wheel is is nice and the rpm LED lights are perfect for timing shifts without having to glance down. You'll also be surprised with just how much better they are to drive compared to the formula gt. None of that annoying understeer and you can actually correct oversteer without lifting, up to a point. F2007 is really one of the most fun cars to drive in the game.
I'm just trying to justify the price.

You think it's worth the extra money over the 2010 model?

Also I hope in the future we'll get a few more F1 cars added to the game.

DEO3

So I have one gold left to achieve, and it's the AMG Driving School Intermediate Full Lap.

I don't know what the fuck it wants from me, I think I quit playing GT5 last year because I couldn't get it, and here I am again, totally unable to enjoy the rest of the game because I can't bring myself to do anything but this event over and over and over and over and over again so I can 'complete' the game. It wouldn't be Gran Turismo unless it challenged me, but this event just feels broken. Given enough time I've always been able to 'figure out' how to gold a license or challenge or event, but after three days of attempts, I honestly don't feel like there's anything more I can do.

I'm pushing so hard that I'm on the verge of losing the car every single corner, and since we're talking 7 minutes of corners, I can rarely finish a full lap without putting the car into the wall - and then when I do manage to complete one of these 120% laps, my nerves are shot, my body exhausted, and I'm still four seconds off the gold.

Wazzim

Banned
Diablohead said:
Does GT5 have SS route 11 still from the first game? the huge night time city layout, I loved that track years ago.
No, only route 5/clubman and one new one called route 7 (big tunnel).

Toxa said:

Infineon Raceway
Twin Ring Motegi
Chamonix
Grand Canyon
Ice Arena
Swiss Alps
Tahiti Maze
El Capitan
Midfield Raceway
New York
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Hong Kong
Seattle Circuit
Seoul Central
Test Course
Las Vegas Drag Strip
Driving Park

Add Seattle Circuit to this list and It'll be Day 1 DLC for me.

Polyphony

DEO3 said:
So I have one gold left to achieve, and it's the AMG Driving School Intermediate Full Lap.

[...]

I'm pushing so hard that I'm on the verge of losing the car every single corner, and since we're talking 7 minutes of corners, I can rarely finish a full lap without putting the car into the wall - and then when I do manage to complete one of these 120% laps, my nerves are shot, my body exhausted, and I'm still four seconds off the gold.

Remember to get a good exit before any long straightaways. You gain a bigger advantage this way than breaking late.

Top Bottom