• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to finish the "Amateur Series" "Classic Muscle Car Championship". It says the event requirements are a car made in the USA before 1980.

So I buy the FORD Mustang Mach 1. I did the first engine upgrade, and while in the race my engine has a limiter on it, which keeps me from going above 115mph. Why is this happening? I see the option in the menus and it won't let me turn it off. :/

Shit makes no sense.

brotkasten said:
You'd have to recreate those. I don't mind GT4 ports, but PS1 ports? That wouldn't work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-oqF53fVs

I'd want it to be rebuilt. The course layout was pretty good and it would obviously be one of the best looking courses in the game.

BruiserBear said:
Can someone help me out here? I'm trying to finish the "Amateur Series" "Classic Muscle Car Championship". It says the event requirements are a car made in the USA before 1980.

So I buy the FORD Mustang Mach 1. I did the first engine upgrade, and while in the race my engine has a limiter on it, which keeps me from going above 115mph. Why is this happening? I see the option in the menus and it won't let me turn it off. :/

Shit makes no sense.

You need to buy a fully customizable transmission and then change your gear ratio. The gear ratio on the Mach 1 is short which causes it to have a low top speed.

SolidSnakex said:
You need to buy a fully customizable transmission and then change your gear ratio. The gear ratio on the Mach 1 is short which causes it to have a low top speed.
Thanks, but the settings for the car are actually showing that it has a rev limiter on. Do you know why this is, and why I can't turn it off? I have a hard time believing this car's top speed was 115mph.

BruiserBear said:
Thanks, but the settings for the car are actually showing that it has a rev limiter on. Do you know why this is, and why I can't turn it off? I have a hard time believing this car's top speed was 115mph.
It was.

BruiserBear said:

Shit makes no sense.
If possible, get a Camaro Z28 69 with the race mod. I can even bitch slap those pesky Miuras with this badboy... The race mod makes a world of difference. Plus the noise this beast makes is great. It doesn't sing like a Ferrari but it growls. Like the beast it is.

dwebo

DEO3 said:
So I have one gold left to achieve, and it's the AMG Driving School Intermediate Full Lap.

I don't know what the fuck it wants from me, I think I quit playing GT5 last year because I couldn't get it, and here I am again, totally unable to enjoy the rest of the game because I can't bring myself to do anything but this event over and over and over and over and over again so I can 'complete' the game. It wouldn't be Gran Turismo unless it challenged me, but this event just feels broken. Given enough time I've always been able to 'figure out' how to gold a license or challenge or event, but after three days of attempts, I honestly don't feel like there's anything more I can do.

I'm pushing so hard that I'm on the verge of losing the car every single corner, and since we're talking 7 minutes of corners, I can rarely finish a full lap without putting the car into the wall - and then when I do manage to complete one of these 120% laps, my nerves are shot, my body exhausted, and I'm still four seconds off the gold.
Haha, oh man I sympathize with you, since I've been stuck on that one the past few days as well (though I still have vettel to gold too, but fuck those). Hadn't bothered to gold the rain events either months ago, since I was "stuck" on intermediate, but when I went to do them again they ended up being ridiculously easy in comparison.

xa3WH.jpg

offshore

I guess we're never going to get a fix for the wiper tearing. I'd genuinely love to be part of the group who can't see it. Distracts the hell out of me. Ruins the rain/cockpit combo massively.

f0KSY.png
YZnrJ.png
BbnKR.png
rlYrD.png

Solal

offshore said:
I guess we're never going to get a fix for the wiper tearing. I'd genuinely love to be part of the group who can't see it. Distracts the hell out of me. Ruins the rain/cockpit combo massively.

f0KSY.png
YZnrJ.png
BbnKR.png
rlYrD.png

I sympathize with you... Tearing is a real torture to me...seriously.

dalin80

Banned
BruiserBear said:

A lot of classic cars with limited gearboxes had very limiting top speeds, when you can only fit 3 or 4 gears in a box then you can only go so far without massively crippling acceleration.

modern 5,6 or 7 speed manual boxes allow massive accel and top speed gains without even touching the cars engine.

DEO3 said:
So I have one gold left to achieve, and it's the AMG Driving School Intermediate Full Lap.

I don't know what the fuck it wants from me, I think I quit playing GT5 last year because I couldn't get it, and here I am again, totally unable to enjoy the rest of the game because I can't bring myself to do anything but this event over and over and over and over and over again so I can 'complete' the game. It wouldn't be Gran Turismo unless it challenged me, but this event just feels broken. Given enough time I've always been able to 'figure out' how to gold a license or challenge or event, but after three days of attempts, I honestly don't feel like there's anything more I can do.

I'm pushing so hard that I'm on the verge of losing the car every single corner, and since we're talking 7 minutes of corners, I can rarely finish a full lap without putting the car into the wall - and then when I do manage to complete one of these 120% laps, my nerves are shot, my body exhausted, and I'm still four seconds off the gold.

If you are NTSC version you can post your replay and I will be happy to go over it and give you some tips on where you can gain time. You shouldn't feel like you are nearly out of control the entire time. I can see why you are stressed out. Smoothness = speed. Especially in the wet.

sublimit said:
This reminds me that the AE86 should have been a premium car.:/
I could mention that in every single post here. Such a shame. Same goes for the Supra Mark IV. How the hell is this not a premium car?

Metalmurphy said:
Are they rendering the wipers separately or something? Why isn't the rest of the image cut?
BbnKR.png

Look at the fence on the left side, its also cut. Its just that the wipers move faster than any other object on the screen so the tearing is way more noticeable there.

Metalmurphy said:
Are they rendering the wipers separately or something? Why isn't the rest of the image cut?
I'm interested to know why too. It does seem like the wipers are on a separate layer to rest of the image, but is that even possible? *waits for aliens guy*

[edit] oh. It really does look like the wipers are tearing separately at times... I guess not. :(

Grayman

brotkasten said:
I could mention that in every single post here. Such a shame. Same goes for the Supra Mark IV. How the hell is this not a premium car?
a cynic would say maximum DLC sales, a realist would say that PD has shown they did not know what they were doing pre release outside of art and physics.

sublimit

Banned
brotkasten said:
Maybe if enough people asked they could release a dlc that upgrades some classic famous cars from standard to premium.

the 200% login bonus is really excellent i'm making a lot of money and xp with the seasonal events..it's really a good idea ....i'm in love again with thsi game now that progressing got faster and easier

Played so much of this on the weekend. Spent ages just toying around in Photo Mode too, so addictive - and so much improved now you can jump forward 3 laps or whatever to capture a good moment in a race.

200% login bonus is nice, still good coin to be had.

Anyone know if there's a good visual database of the racing gear?! I've been doing up my cars in Chameleon Orange/Black rims and want a good racing suit in the same colour combo. Need to know what I'm asking for in trades (or has anyone got a good orange/black race suit to trade?).

TTG

Xun said:
I'm just trying to justify the price.

You think it's worth the extra money over the 2010 model?

Also I hope in the future we'll get a few more F1 cars added to the game.

Well if you asked me 2 weeks ago when you could get 600k for a lap at the Ring I would have said yes, lol. Just get the one you want, personally, I like the f2007.

T-0800

I wish PD would give us the ability to link two PS3s together for true 1080p locked 60fps. I'd buy another PS3 just for that. In fact I think all games should support such a thing. 1080p 60fps Uncharted 3....drool.

DEO3

DEO3 said:

UPDATE: Gold gotten!

I had been comparing my sector times to a video I had watched on youtube of the event, so I could know when I was on or off the proper pace for a gold, which sections I was losing the most time, and if/when I should restart. Every single time I'd nail the first quarter, but lose too much time in the second quarter, so I'd restart. And restart. And restart. And restart.

Then, on one of the attempts one of my favorite custom songs came on, and so even though I found myself again off the pace, I just kept going. And after that attempt I decided to do the same thing, and now instead of restarting after every single little error, I'd just roll with it. And over time I just got into this grove, where I was no longer so stressed about making mistakes - which made it easier for me to slow down and correct myself before things got out of control. Instead of focusing so much on completing the perfect lap, I was now focusing on completing any lap, whether I rear ended cars or drove off the track completely. Ignoring the sector times completely and only focusing on the lap times, I found myself getting quicker and quicker, soon the gold was within my grasp - and within the hour it would be mine.

So after three days of 'too slow, reset, too slow, reset, too slow, reset', forcing myself to complete full laps was the key.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Is there any way to adjust the steering lock on the g27? Having to do a 180 on the wheel to make the ingame car to 45 is kind of annoying. :p

Grayman

luka said:
Is there any way to adjust the steering lock on the g27? Having to do a 180 on the wheel to make the ingame car to 45 is kind of annoying. :p
DFP has a 180 degree hardware lock but FF got insane at high speeds. That wobble you get maxed out on some roads is a violent rattle that could break a hand.

You can check out the manual somewhere if you want to try it. It will be something like hold 2 buttons and hit the paddle shift.

Polyphony said:
Seeing lots of Tribute races to Dan on Indy tonight... :(
Sad stuff man. I live in Indianapolis, just a few miles from IMS... so I've grown up with Indy Racing. Seeing Dan go so young. Such a shame. What can you do though?...

amar212

Xun said:
I think I'm going to get a Ferrari F1 car in preparation for Spa. But what one would you guys suggest?

I prefer the look of the 2010 model, but I know the 2007 one is ever so slightly faster?

Just to inform all of you in advance as Ferrari F1 on Spa is concerned - the remodelled Spec 2.0 suspension is now independent and Ferrari F1 cars have a very low Ride Height by default.

In order to have a non-bumpy ride on Spa and to avoid massive planking on both Ardillon and Blachimont you will need to alter Ride Height massively.

In the same time, default values for Formula GT vehicles suspension are decent for out-of-the-box Spa pleasure.

To answer you dilemma Xun, 2007 is maybe a bit faster but also slightly demanding to drive. I would go for 2007 myself, but wait untill DLC is released to see what new Seasonals will PD introduce - which they probably will - in order to avoid buying the wrong one maybe :)

luka said:

You really do not need to do it, since GT5 have self-altering steering-degree modelling dependent of actual (particular) vehicle you're using.

Unlike previous games, GT5 simulates steering-lock degree for every car based on *real-life* values. So, same amount of degree on wheel will be different for MX-5 and F1 for example.

Also, I do not think you can "hardware-override" G25 lock as you could on DFP model for instance, but I am not sure.

Xun

amar212 said:
Just to inform all of you in advance as Ferrari F1 on Spa is concerned - the remodelled Spec 2.0 suspension is now independent and Ferrari F1 cars have a very low Ride Height by default.

In order to have a non-bumpy ride on Spa and to avoid massive planking on both Ardillon and Blachimont you will need to alter Ride Height massively.

In the same time, default values for Formula GT vehicles suspension are decent for out-of-the-box Spa pleasure.

To answer you dilemma Xun, 2007 is maybe a bit faster but also slightly demanding to drive. I would go for 2007 myself, but wait untill DLC is released to see what new Seasonals will PD introduce - which they probably will - in order to avoid buying the wrong one maybe :)
Too late, I bought the 2007 model last night.

It seems absolutely godly.

Much better to drive than the Formula GT, and handles superbly.

Sethos

Banned
Is it possible when you have a wheel in use, to pick up the controller and use that for photo mode? In Forza 4, having some issues with being unable to use a controller as well when you have a wheel connected, wanted to know if that's an issue here as well.

How do some people already have the DLC?!!!

Sethos said:
Is it possible when you have a wheel in use, to pick up the controller and use that for photo mode? In Forza 4, having some issues with being unable to use a controller as well when you have a wheel connected, wanted to know if that's an issue here as well.

Assign controller to number 1, wheel to number 2. You can use the controller whenever you want: in photomode, menus. Wherever.

Sethos

Banned
Sleeplessnights said:
Assign controller to number 1, wheel to number 2. You can use the controller whenever you want: in photomode, menus. Wherever.

Brilliant, thanks. I'll get a hold of a Fanatec wheel asap.

Sleeplessnights said:

Yep - go into replay after every race and pick up my controller to find that perfect shot.

Angst

Sleeplessnights said:
Gaming journalists? Like amar for example.

Sleeplessnights said:
You actually only need to reassign the controller, the wheel will automatically be reassigned.

wabo

Banned
I think I've found a bug.

Course maker --> Eiffel

Set Rain 100%, set wet surface 100%, variability 100%, time 60, 18:00 hour.

Never night?

CozMick

Banned
Isn't it unusual that the UK/Eu store is being updated for this content on a Tuesday?

SCEE better not screw us over and release it a day later over here.

CozMick said:
Isn't it unusual that the UK/Eu store is being updated for this content on a Tuesday?

Yep, but I guess they're willing to make an exception for GT since it's a massive chunk of its userbase is in Europe.

T-0800

Angst said:
Autumn Ring
Trial Mountain
Deep Forest
Laguna Seca

I think that's it.

Thanks. Why so many complaints then about upscaled tracks in GT5?

Sorry my question is off topic but I've always wondered.

offshore

T-0800 said:
Thanks. Why so many complaints then about upscaled tracks in GT5?

Sorry my question is off topic but I've always wondered.
Because they look shit? Laguna Seca is hilariously bad. Rather have them in the game than not of course, but when you compare them to the Ring, SSR and now Spa, they look really out of place.

CozMick said:

It's Gran Turismo though. They do the same "alternative" release dates for Call Of Duty too. It's because they are uber-franchises innit.

Top Bottom