• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I don't need some massive high res rig with multiple PS3's. I would however buy a second PS3 in a heart beat if it could be used two make a single screen flawless 1080p 60fps GT5.

Goldrusher

T-0800 said:
Thanks. Why so many complaints then about upscaled tracks in GT5?

Sorry my question is off topic but I've always wondered.
Because they either should have put ALL of the GT4 tracks in the game, or none at all.

Toxa

I decided to wear a new suit (I keep the same helmet) recently I saw too many folks
wearing red suit :

306046Divers3.jpg

elektrixx

Banned
My B-Spec progression has been really weird. I've been doing remote races from level 1 to 24 (in two days) and now I'm finally doing the beginner races... except I'm using the Red Bull car!

I like how my driver is passing the pack two or three times over while the tutorial tooltips are still running for the first time.

I don't suppose anyone has been having an issue with the game freezing - or rather not loading properly since this update? I have had it lock up in the initial GT logo a few times, and also on the main screen before choosing which option to play. I can click on an icon and it makes the appropriate sound, but then nothing happens. Once I'm in the game it all works fine. It just seems to be starter screens - especially that white stylised city scape that are causing me problems.

state_vector_collapse said:
I don't suppose anyone has been having an issue with the game freezing - or rather not loading properly since this update? I have had it lock up in the initial GT logo a few times, and also on the main screen before choosing which option to play. I can click on an icon and it makes the appropriate sound, but then nothing happens. Once I'm in the game it all works fine. It just seems to be starter screens - especially that white stylised city scape that are causing me problems.
Uhhhhhhh. Start backing up data.... Just to play safe at least...

tusken77

Kaz - "Thank you very much everyone for your support. Your words give the PD team strength and motivation".

No, Kaz, thank YOU.

Noob question but can I set up races for just mates and also setup a time trail on a certain track with a specific car that is just between friends as well - maybe even download there ghosts?

Thanks.

Angst

parrapatheslapper said:
Noob question but can I set up races for just mates and also setup a time trail on a certain track with a specific car that is just between friends as well - maybe even download there ghosts?

Thanks.
1. Sure, just tell them to go to your lounge in the community tab
2. No, unfortunately not. TTs with leaderboards are only available as part of the Seasonals. You can download the ghosts of the top 20 racers though and you can view how you rank compared to your friends list.

Angst

offshore said:
B-Spec Bob just rocked the house and posted his best ever result :lol

Huh, I thought you got money for that :\
As Chubigans said - you do get money for that. You just need to go to the drivers menu and "download" credits and xp.

2scoops

Just wondering if anyone knows if the new cars will come with a paint chip? I would like to play around with the colors but i want to have to option to change back to the original color.
No big deal, just curious...

Angst

2scoops said:
Just wondering if anyone knows if the new cars will come with a paint chip? I would like to play around with the colors but i want to have to option to change back to the original color.
No big deal, just curious...
They do. Only cars with painted liveries (like the Nascar or Super GT cars for example).... aha, you're talking about the DLC cars? No idea there.
benzy said:
DLC will be up tonight?
Depends on where you live. EU is 9 AM CET.

2scoops

Angst said:
They do. Only cars with painted liveries (like the Nascar or Super GT cars for example).... aha, you're talking about the DLC cars? No idea there.

Depends on where you live. EU is 9 AM CET.

Yeah sorry, i meant the DLC cars. Thanks though!

2scoops

funkystudent said:
so whats a good drifting car / basic set ups for drifting?

want to try doing the drift seasonals but I dont have anything that really works

I personally use the AEM S2000 with stock settings. Gets me Gold at least, though i'm not much of a drifter...

Edit - Sorry for the double post, i'm forum stupid...

offshore

funkystudent said:

want to try doing the drift seasonals but I dont have anything that really works
Check the leaderboards to see what people are using, although it's almost guaranteed to be a Cabrera Speed 12...

funkystudent said:

Easy car to get used to is the S2000. The some huge negative camber on the rear, and not so much on the front. Usually 3rd gear does wonders, 4th gear for wider turns... etc.

Then you can work your way up to some of the stuff seen on the leaderboards which is often the Cabrera Speed 12.

funkystudent said:

Comfort tyres? hahaha

I'd suggest the FT86 and Maxi Turbo, stock form, they're really nice to drift for fun.

Are you online? I've had some similar issues and it's due to GT5's terrible netcode. If I sign-off PSN everything runs perfectly.

I've had that happen. No lock-ups or freezing but a few times it's taken up to about a minute to load to the GT Life menu, or load my friends in the community tab.

Angst said:
You actually only need to reassign the controller, the wheel will automatically be reassigned.

Sometimes I've got more than one controller on from a previous FIFA session for example, so I need to assign the wheel to 2.

2scoops said:
I personally use the AEM S2000 with stock settings. Gets me Gold at least, though i'm not much of a drifter...

Edit - Sorry for the double post, i'm forum stupid...
Thanks.

a stock setting S2000 using comfort mediums seems to do the job pretty nicely

Aginor

Neo Member
Best place to look for a GAF room I honestly think I am blighted find the worse rooms every time I go online for eternity :(

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Toxa said:
I decided to wear a new suit (I keep the same helmet) recently I saw too many folks
wearing red suit :

306046Divers3.jpg
How do you change your suit? I can't figure it out to save my life :p

Angst

luka said:
How do you change your suit? I can't figure it out to save my life :p
Move cursor to the pic of your avatar in GT Life, click then press the items/briefcase icon to change suit and helmet.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I'd gladly pay brand new game price for an updated legacy GT track DLC. Fully remastered SSR11? OMG, just thinking about it gives me wood.

Stoffinator

The Stealth Fox said:
Does anyone know when the DLC will be up in the US?

My guess is not until Grace updates the Store. Which won't be until late afternoon. Unless PD is able to do it themselves through GT5 menu.

From the official PlayStation Twitter account.

"Update: GT5 DLC will hit the North American Store on 10/25 but will include a special bonus. Apologies for the inconvenience!"

EDIT: Spelling

Top Bottom