• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Angst

Apparently PD was suprised by the NA delay. Time to camp outside SCEA?
iSDib.png

And from what I hear, the DLC is account locked in addition to being disk region locked. So if you buy it using one PSN account, it won't be unlocked for all account on same PS3.

Wazzim

Banned
You don't need to put in you password when buying stuff off PSN right? I lost mine after the hack and only have the PS3 on auto-login now..

Angst

Decarb said:
And from what I hear, the DLC is account locked in addition to being disk region locked. So if you buy it using one PSN account, it won't be unlocked for all account on same PS3.
Huh?

How does that work online? I've read that if the host has the track, it will be available for everyone in that lounge.

Wazzim said:
You don't need to put in you password when buying stuff off PSN right? I lost mine after the hack and only have the PS3 on auto-login now..
As long as you don't need to change your card # etc you shouldn't have to enter your password. You should reset your password though, not knowing your password is hardly ideal... if your PS3 dies your pretty much fucked

darkwing

Angst said:
Huh?

How does that work online? I've read that if the host has the track, it will be available for everyone in that lounge.

i think what he means is, on the local PS3, only the user account with the key can play/host the track

Wazzim said:

Change your password. Go to the psn login on your ps3, and click "forgot password".
It will send an email to your account, you click the link and it will go to page to create a new password.

----

Can't believe I woke up at 6 to see a week delay notice. Feels awful, I want to cry.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Bought the complete pack :D Looks like we have to download them from the game, coz I can't find it in the download list.

Angst

Raonak said:
Does the racing pack contain any new cars? It's awfully pricy, might just get the course pack only.
Sort of. They are cars already in the game, but with extensive customisations that changes the body, paint jobs and cockpits.

Angst

darkwing said:
so how does this thing drive?

image12.jpg

considering it runs on batteries?
It's a hybrid so it goes dead quiet when slowing down or standing still. When accelerating the engine sounds like a normal engine. I don't expect it to be very fast though...

I wonder if the rear wheel covers works as protection against damage to the rear wheels?

I hope I have some cents saved on my PSN account because I only have 3.96 on my online CC... and the tracks are 3.99. The car pack will have to wait :p I was hoping SCEE would send me a code but it seems I won't be lucky this time. Not like I mind paying for this :D

darkwing

Angst said:
It's a hybrid so it goes dead quiet when slowing down or standing still. When accelerating the engine sounds like a normal engine. I don't expect it to be very fast though...

I wonder if the rear wheel covers works as protection against damage to the rear wheels?

lol for some reason i was thinking it was like a tricycle, three wheels lol

Risk Breaker said:
I hope I have some cents saved on my PSN account because I only have 3.96 on my online CC... and the tracks are 3.99. The car pack will have to wait :p I was hoping SCEE would send me a code but it seems I won't be lucky this time. Not like I mind paying for this :D

Isn't the minium CC transaction is 5 on the Store, like on Steam ?

Sintoid

Noob question incoming

I need a certain car to complete an event, can I ask to a friend to borrow that car from his garage for a while? Can he give a car to me and after a while can I give him that car back?

STG

Sintoid said:
Noob question incoming

I need a certain car to complete an event, can I ask to a friend to borrow that car from his garage for a while? Can he give a car to me and after a while can I give him that car back?
yes, he can just share it and you can grab it for a drive from his profile view thing

Angst said:
It's weird, but it shouldn't matter that much to most people?
Well my primary account is US, created back when PS3 wan't out in EU yet. Never bothered to switch to PAL one because being on a region free system, I never thought it would be necessary. All my DLCs purchased from EU account worked flawlessly with US one, until now.

Top Bottom