• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Got the Shakes said:
From the official PlayStation Twitter account.

"Update: GT5 DLC will hit the North American Store on 10/25 but will include a special bonus. Apologies for the inconvenience!"

EDIT: Spelling

I predict Special bonus = Skyline

Stoffinator

Got the Shakes said:

"Update: GT5 DLC will hit the North American Store on 10/25 but will include a special bonus. Apologies for the inconvenience!"

So its not even out tomorrow? Great! Can Sony not screw anything up this gen.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Got the Shakes said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's just an unlock key! Why would they do this?!

Got the Shakes said:

This does not please me. :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It sounds like they delayed it to include this special bonus, since the DLC is just an unlock key.

Hmm, wonder what it is.

2scoops

My body WAS ready....

Nevermind, it still is! As for the special bonus, i would love to see the Veyron SS, or the HSV. Or another track perhaps?

Xun

A tad unfair for non-US players if the special bonus is decent.

A delay for something everyone already has seems strange.

mblitek

WHAT, ugh ugh. I was sooo waiting for this! I don't understand :( Maybe because of other PSN DLC tomorrow? Arkham City?

The bonus is going to be lame. Unless it's a new car from a manufacturer. It'll probably be a free GT TV download.

Polyphony said:
Damnit... on the bright side, we'll still be able to race at Spa as long as the lounge host has the track.
Is that by design? Because if so bravo to Polyphony. That's how all premium multiplayer DLC should work imho.

Suddenly having YLOD and waiting until my new PS3 arrives isn´t that bad...

(it´s still bad having to fork over 400 dollars to have the same machine i had).

Death Dealer said:
If it's not a new premium exotic car or new track (at least an uprez'd GT4 track), it's worthless at soothing my disappointment.

You really shouldn't expect too much. I'd imagine that it's some sort of GT Home content. patsu was right on point when he said that it's doubtful that PD will give a territory exclusive/special content in the game.

Polyphony

Phanatic8390 said:
Anyone have any drifting tips?

I'm trying to do the drift seasonal for the first time and just cannot seem to figure it out.

- You don't need an extremely powerful car to complete these events, starting with a <300 hp car might be easier than going all out with a Cerbera Speed 12.

- Drive in manual to keep the wheels spinning.

- Don't enter to corner with too much speed. Take your time to get the right angle and to drift through the entire section. The points seemed to be calculated in function of the angle and speed of the drift, but sacrificing some speed for control is a good trade.

- Find a good drifting tune on gtplanet for your car of choice.

- If you use a wheel, turn power steering on. Drifting with a wheel is an entirely different beast though. I find it easier with the DS3.

Personally, I use the Silvia S13 '90. It drifts well enough stock, but it's even easier with a bit of tuning.

Phanatic8390 said:
Anyone have any drifting tips?

I'm trying to do the drift seasonal for the first time and just cannot seem to figure it out.

Use a bone stock ~250hp Honda S2000 and comfort hard tires. Don't worry about tuning or settings yet. Take corners at about midrange RPM in 2nd gear, turn sharply into the corner and hit the gas. You'll start out spinning out or not drifting at all but eventully you'll get a sense of throttle modulation. Stick with the low horsepower S2000, using a more powerful car will not help you become a better drifter.

6for8

I will take the GT-R GT academy special for DLC please. We couldn't get that in NA.

Was in a Japan hosted room with the new Kart tracks. Now to find a SPA room.

Mush

iqIri.png

Top Bottom