• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

STG

Ahrweiler%252520-%252520Street.jpg

so sexy

So the DLC is account locked? Dammit :\ . I'll have to think about it, I would love Spa and the cars, but with all the crazy fall we have.. FTS Polyphony

Angst

Decarb said:
Well my primary account is US, created back when PS3 wan't out in EU yet. Never bothered to switch to PAL one because being on a region free system, I never thought it would be necessary. All my DLCs purchased from EU account worked flawlessly with US one, until now.
OK, gotcha - that sucks :/

Angst

gogogow said:
So uh....what can you do when you've bought the course pack? Time trials, online, arcade?
Are there new A-Spec events?
AFAIK know - online or arcade. Basically, you race on it :p

I'll be doing an open lounge at ~20.00 CET tonight.

CozMick

Banned
Awesome pics Toxa.

SPA really is incredible with a decent driving model unlike some, mentioning no names.......
Shift 2

MGR

Fairly disappointing to hear the DLC is account locked considering the industry standard for DLC is console lock. If you are going to licence DLC outside the norm then I think Sony have a responsibility to explain that clearly at the point of purchase.

FinalD

Meisadragon said:
What? They announced a reduced price for PS+ last week on the blog and it's not there?!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/11/gran-turismo-5-update-2-0-live-dlc-packs-confirmed/ said:
The ‘Complete Pack‘ bundle is priced at €11.99, but there is also a special PlayStation Plus Bundle Price for one month (from 18th October) of only €8.99.

Comments from today aren't very positive either: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/10/11/gran-turismo-5-update-2-0-live-dlc-packs-confirmed/comment-page-2/#comment-187946

I'm not buying until they fix this shit.

hirokazu

I think all GT5 content is the same :/

Pretty sure my stealth cars are locked to account, as well as chromeline.
My Chromelines work on every account. This is fucking bullshit.

Nevermind that the complete pack is fucking $18.95 in Australia. Fucking hell.

Dead Man

hirokazu said:
My Chromelines work on every account. This is fucking bullshit.

Nevermind that the complete pack is fucking $18.95 in Australia. Fucking hell.
Yeah, I'm definitely holding fire on this for a bit. Too much other stuff comes out soon for me to spend $20 frivolously.

FinalD

ruttyboy said:
That site is blocked here at work, could you please summarise the complaints? Are there glitches or something?
Just confirmations (only three posts yet) of the complaints here: account locked and no PS+ discount.

It's an old blog post though so I'm expecting more ranting and hopefully some Sony replies in a new store update post or something.

anddo0

ruttyboy said:
That site is blocked here at work, could you please summarise the complaints? Are there glitches or something?

I think it's this post:

Posted on 18 October, 2011 at 11:09 am by MikaelK_70
Just bought the DLC at 12 Euro…
Just to fin out that it is ONLY made available to the PSN-account used to buy the pack!! It is not made available to the other accounts (my kids accounts) on same PS3.
This was NOT mentioned anywhere, that it would be “personal” content!!
This is highly unacceptable..!! There is NO WAY, that I am gonne spend another 36 Euro to buy this for the additional 3 accounts for my family-members!
How I feel ripped off now!
I surely hope that Sony/PD will reconsider this, very soon..!
Sony, if you read this comment, I will be looking forward to a get a response from you!

Some may take issue, some may not.

ruttyboy

Thanks both. Personally it's not a concern so long as the track itself works, but it seems a stupid way to do things and a massive PITA for those who share a console.

krioto

Although it doesn't affect me, this is a really shitty move. What could possibly be the issue with not allowing all accounts on the ps3 access to the content?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So I haven't played GT5 in maybe 2 months. Have PSPlus so the update was automatically downloaded for me last week. Popped in the disc today, and the screen just stays black after the Polyphony logo. Known occurrence? I deleted the 2.00 game data and am redownloading right now..

Angst

worldrevolution said:
So I haven't played GT5 in maybe 2 months. Have PSPlus so the update was automatically downloaded for me last week. Popped in the disc today, and the screen just stays black after the Polyphony logo. Known occurrence? I deleted the 2.00 game data and am redownloading right now..
Some have reported the same issue yes. We told them to delete game data and reinstall, not sure if it helped though.

Damaged

worldrevolution said:

I had that a few weeks back, was fine after reinstall :)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Damaged said:
I had that a few weeks back, was fine after reinstall :)

Good to know..I'll admit I think something was definitely effed with the PSPlus auto download cause I've been watching this download the whole time and it's 10 parts and friggin HUGE. Def don't think all this stuff got installed before.

Angst

Probably not, but you can paint the Corvette RMs - so perhaps a new paint only applies to certain parts of the car?

Toxa?

amar212

Angst said:
Lol, ok - but can we paint all DLC cars? The GT-R above looks like it has a pretty fancy paint job already.

youcandoit.jpg

You can even paint that crazy-titanium-color-shifting GT-R R35, it will paint only parts of body that are not color-shifted.

However, that same R35 is the only car that can't have it's number changed - always "1".

Also, all Skylines are 4WD but for every one you can install Variable Differential and mess with settings in order to redistribute torque to the rear.

Xun

The DLC being locked to the account is a shame.

I may wait a bit for it to be honest. Need to save on money anyway!

-Amon-

SunhiLegend said:
I've painted the Prius TC and the black lower half stays black

It's like the racing modified cars already present in the game. You paint the basic color of the car, but the livery and the sponsors remain the same.

sublimit

Banned
Wait DLC is account locked?
I have four accounts on my PS3,one i use to buy stuff from PSN and another just to play.I can't buy stuff with the account i have for gaming...

Does that mean i'm screwed?

krioto

sublimit said:
Wait DLC is account locked?
I have four accounts on my PS3,one i use to buy stuff from PSN and another just to play.I can't buy stuff with the account i have for gaming...

Does that mean i'm screwed?

Yes it does

sublimit

Banned
krioto said:
Yep - it's right up there.
They are going to loose lots of money with this stupid decision.I know a few other people who also have separate accounts for buying and gaming.
They really need to change this.

Top Bottom