• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

I have a Driving Force GT. Is it possible to buy a separate set of just pedals for it? I play racing games primarily on the PC. I'd like to play more GT5 but don't want to have to lug the entire setup back and forth between my living room and my desk.

It'd be nice if I could have a separate set of pedals and power adapter so I only have to unclip the wheel and bring that over on its own.

Decarb said:
gt5dlcaccountlocked.jpg

Wow, so its not a mistake, it was intentional from get go.
I don't like that.

Toxa

sublimit said:
Congratulations man,obviously since you don't have a problem there shouldn't be one for anybody else.
What a fine logic is this!!!

Jesus christ are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb?
I'm the only person in my house who uses my PS3 but i had to make a separate account where i buy stuff and i'm always playing on the account where i have no billing information.
Should i be punished because i kept my billing account separate from the one i'm gaming?

Jesus.

your id is mentioned in my post ?

but

Posted on 18 October, 2011 at 11:09 am by MikaelK_70
Just bought the DLC at 12 Euro…
Just to fin out that it is ONLY made available to the PSN-account used to buy the pack!! It is not made available to the other accounts (my kids accounts) on same PS3.
This was NOT mentioned anywhere, that it would be “personal” content!!
This is highly unacceptable..!! There is NO WAY, that I am gonne spend another 36 Euro to buy this for the additional 3 accounts for my family-members!
How I feel ripped off now!
I surely hope that Sony/PD will reconsider this, very soon..!
Sony, if you read this comment, I will be looking forward to a get a response from you!

iceatcs

sublimit said:
I'm the only person in my house who uses my PS3 but i had to make a separate account where i buy stuff and i'm always playing on the account where i have no billing information.
Should i be punished because i kept my billing account separate from the one i'm gaming?
What about PSN account? Both same?

If different, just use PSN card on game account.

I really hope they release DLC with a bunch of new cars. There's a bunch of awesome cars released since GT5 launched and Kaz would get a chance to add yet another Nissan to the game!

panty

sublimit said:
Congratulations man,obviously since you don't have a problem there shouldn't be one for anybody else.
What a fine logic is this!!!

Jesus christ are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb?

Jesus.
Who talked anything about a logic? You folks just keep on whining and I just stated that people like me don't have a problem. Oh, only you have the right to say something about something? I bet my balls that you folks with problems are a tiny little minority. There are many GT5 players with just one account.

You made two accounts just to make purchases? Weird.

Yaska

PantyPhantom said:
Who talked anything about a logic? You folks just keep on whining and I just stated that people like me don't have a problem. Oh, only you have the right to say something about something? I bet my balls that you folks with problems are a tiny little minority. There are many GT5 players with just one account.

I think there are more with 2 accounts. In my case I use separate account for my save and for my father's save.

So households with roomies, families, sons, brothers, daughters, sisters who also play GT5 on one single PS3 are kinda getting screwed.

sublimit

Banned
Toxa said:
your id is mentioned in my post ?

but
You should have quoted his post then because the way you constructed yours made it seem as if you were being sarcastic to all the people who want the DLC for themselves but can't play it.
Especially since in your previous reply you said that this is "one of the best decisions in the history of gaming."

darkwing

Mister Zimbu said:
I have a Driving Force GT. Is it possible to buy a separate set of just pedals for it? I play racing games primarily on the PC. I'd like to play more GT5 but don't want to have to lug the entire setup back and forth between my living room and my desk.

It'd be nice if I could have a separate set of pedals and power adapter so I only have to unclip the wheel and bring that over on its own.
you can't, unless you buy two

Toxa

sublimit said:
You should have quoted his post then because the way you constructed yours made it seem as if you were being sarcastic to all the people who want the DLC for themselves but can't play it.
Especially since in your previous reply you said that this is "one of the best decisions in the history of gaming."

at least everyone can play online on spa, the same thing can't be done on Forza 3

sublimit

Banned
PantyPhantom said:
Who talked anything about a logic? You folks just keep on whining and I just stated that people like me don't have a problem. Oh, only you have the right to say something about something?
You said:
PantyPhantom said:
I have multiple accounts but I only game with my "master" account, can't see a problem here.
If you wanted to keep this personal you should have said "i don't have a problem personally."
But when you say "can't see a problem here" it's like all of us who obviously have a problem with this decision,we are stupid or something since we are complaining about it.

PantyPhantom said:
I bet my balls that you folks with problems are a tiny little minority. There are many GT5 players with just one account.
Have you made a survey?

PantyPhantom said:
I had to make a new billing account since i moved to a different country.
I have one main gaming account but since until now i could transfer everything i bought from another account i thought it was a good idea not to include any billing information on that one.
So basically i have one account where i buy stuff but don't game on it and another one where i do all my gaming but can't buy anything.

sublimit said:
I had to make a new billing account since i moved to a different country.
I have one main gaming account but since until now i could transfer everything i bought from another account i thought it was a good idea not to include any billing information on that one.
So basically i have one account where i buy stuff but don't game on it and another one where i do all my gaming but can't buy anything.
That does seem quite unusual. I'm surprised this is the first time there has been an issue. Could you have not changed your billing details of your original account?

Theonik

Pazuzu9 said:
That does seem quite unusual. I'm surprised this is the first time there has been an issue. Could you have not changed your billing details of your original account?
You can't change the account region and billing addresses have to be in the country of the account. ie you can fund a US account with a US card only or an international card. (or like I do a gift mastercard which has no name or address)

sublimit

Banned
Pazuzu9 said:
No in my gaming account (unlike my other account) there's no billing information therefore i can't update it.
I have bought tons of stuff from PSN since 2008 and i never had any problems transfering them.
Until now that is.:(

Anyway i think i'll be able to download it if i use a PSN card...

Angelcurio

This certainly sucks. My account is the main account on my PS3, but my girlfriend and my brother in law also have accounts on my PS3, so anything i buy with my main account, they can play in theirs, so having the cars locked only to my main account is a bad PD decission, they want me to buy the DLC car and tracks on the 3 different accounts i have on a single PS3. This certainly has put me on the fence.

Polyphony

Sethos said:
Bought the pack, it's listed under services, start the game and no cars, no track, no thing.

Eh?

Did you activate them with the new red DLC button on the main screen once you boot the game?

I received this direct message from PlayStation US twitter about the delay

Sem%252520t%2525C3%2525ADtulo.png

Maybe this “tech reasons” could be related with account locked issue.

This DLC lock down is also very annoying if I want to start a new GT5 career in one of my secondary accounts. I really see no reason to keep the DLC limited to one user name.

Glad to see PD hasn't lost their touch at making absurdly stupid decisions. Remember gifting? Yeah that was fun before they ruined it.

Edit: Ohhh confirmed week delay. The hits keep coming.

Massa

On the one hand the per-account limit sucks. On the other, you can play the tracks online without buying the DLC which is awesome.

Can you share the cars with your friends?

Sethos

Banned
Polyphony said:
Did you activate them with the new red DLC button on the main screen once you boot the game?

Haha, no, just noticed that when I tried booting the game again.

Man, Spa looks stunning.

sQPWN.png

Well played PD, I was on the fence regarding the DLC and now I'm sure I won't buy it. My main account is US and I bought the UK version of GT5.

CozMick

Banned
I understand that the paint colors are a one time affair but what about Racing Suits?

I changed outfits to The Stig and now it's gone from the list, If I change to say Jeff Gordon '11 will The Stig outfit be gone forever?

Thanks ;)

Also, awesome pics Dibbz, yeah Spa is truly an incredible track absolutely love it, especially online with 16 racers fighting it out down the start/finish :D

CozMick said:
I understand that the paint colors are a one time affair but what about Racing Suits?

I changed outfits to The Stig and now it's gone from the list, If I change to say Jeff Gordon '11 will The Stig outfit be gone forever?

Thanks ;)

That happens with all suits. If you're wearing it it doesn't show up on the list.

mblitek

Sidewinder said:
Well played PD, I was on the fence regarding the DLC and now I'm sure I won't buy it. My main account is US and I bought the UK version of GT5.

I'm almost positive that the disc type doesn't matter. It's where the PS3 came from that's causing problems.

CozMick said:
But I get it back if I switch suits?

Thanks for the quick reply as always MM :)

I can't confirm it since I haven't gotten the DLC yet (looking for confirmation that there aren't different PAL versions), but It makes no sense if you lose them. They should work like any other gear.

mblitek said:
I'm almost positive that the disc type doesn't matter. It's where the PS3 came from that's causing problems.
No, it's the disc. If you have a NTSC game you need to buy DLC from the US store. Problem is the DLC is being locked to the account that buys it on top of that.

There's also some cases where there are multiple discs for the same region. I bought Uncharted from a UK retailer, and the DLC I bought with my Portuguese account didn't work, even though they're both PAL regions.

Can anyone tell me why the 'blacks' in this are so 'black' - shadows etc? All other games seem fine but GT5 looks a bit too dark in places. Running in 720p on a samsung via HDMI. thanks

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
I can't confirm it since I haven't gotten the DLC yet (looking for confirmation that there aren't different PAL versions), but It makes no sense if you lose them. They should work like any other gear.

I've ordered the game from the UK, bought the DLC on the Croatian store and it works.

alba

Little is the new Big
They do work like any other gear, if you're wearing it then it doesn't show on your items list, if you change it, it gets back in. Only the paints are the one time only thing.

dwebo

parrapatheslapper said:
Can anyone tell me why the 'blacks' in this are so 'black' - shadows etc? All other games seem fine but GT5 looks a bit too dark in places. Running in 720p on a samsung via HDMI. thanks
You might've turned down the exposure in the pause settings menu and forgotten, or set your ps3 to expanded (0-255) when your tv is limited (16-235).

Night-time racing can actually be pitch-black, unlike the grey-blues that most other games use.

Considering getting the DLC just because of Spa.
I remember when I lived in Germany (high-school years) I used to love watching the F1 circuits on Eurosport. Spa-Francorchamps was always such a breath-taking venue. Sounds like they pulled out all the stops on this.

Solal

amar212 said:
Just to inform all of you in advance as Ferrari F1 on Spa is concerned - the remodelled Spec 2.0 suspension is now independent and Ferrari F1 cars have a very low Ride Height by default.

Hi Amar,

I am a bit confused by your post. DO you mean that before Spec 2.0, the suspensions were not independant? Can you elaborate please?

Tx in advance.

Jeseus

Decarb said:
gt5dlcaccountlocked.jpg

Wow, so its not a mistake, it was intentional from get go.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTT?? REALLY SONY REALLY??????? IF I DONT HAVE PSN SUPPORT IN MY COUNTRY SONY (NO STORE)!!!! WHAT NOW?FUCKING STUPID MONKEYS!

offshore

Kaz is tweeting about it.

"Resolving the problem with using the DLC on multiple accounts, is not simple."

"it would be best if we could attribute the entitlement to use the DLC items to multiple accounts in the same PS3....but there is nothing like that in the PSN setup, and we can only assign the entitlements per User ID."

spats

Kaz:

Resolving the problem with using the DLC on multiple accounts, is not simple.

t would be best if we could attribute the entitlement to use the DLC items to multiple accounts in the same PS3, but there is nothing like that in the PSN setup, and we can only assign the entitlements per User ID.

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/126338748546940928

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/126338847238914048

http://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/126339064663252992

Top Bottom