• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Toxa

sublimit said:
Aww man :((((
That's the most stupid decision in the history of gaming.

you can also play online with the DLC track if the host own the DLC which is one of the best decision in the history of gaming.

this is bullshit, the AUD is buying 1.0155 USD at the moment and why Australian have to pay $19 for the DLC while american pays only $12? this shit needs to stop, its unfair.

DLC is great, Spa is amazing, Kart track is pretty awesome too. Had a ball tonight with the new cars, smashing lap time in at Spa. Soooo good.

Account lock thing is really stupid though.

And if this DLC highlights anything, it's how truly and utterly broken the paint system is. I've just paid $3.45 for a bunch of paint chips (great ones at that, loving the Polarised ones), but they're one use only. Want to paint a bunch of your race cars in the same colour? Too bad. Want to buy another batch of the Paint DLC? Can't. And you can't even get a good preview out of most of these fancy paint colours as the little plastic icon does NOTHING to represent the colour on your actual car.

Over a year later and the paint system is still useless.
Give us a proper Paint SHOP.

"Paint tin for this colour is empty - Refill? Cost 2000cr". Would it really be so hard to implement? Would a colour preview actually ON your car be any more difficult? C'mon, get this shit together, Kaz.

sublimit

Banned
Toxa said:
you can also play online with the DLC track if the host own the DLC which one of the best decision in the history of gaming.
Thanks a lot genious but no i prefer to play "your best decision in gaming" in the one account i have all my GT5 data.I'll be paying hard earned money for this so i think i have the right to enjoy it in whatever way i want to.

Fuck.I'm seriously pissed now.

krioto

sleeping_dragon said:
this is bullshit, the AUD is buying 1.0155 USD at the moment and why Australian have to pay $19 for the DLC while american pays only $12? this shit needs to stop, its unfair.

This is Sony - I can't remember their exchange rates ever being related to real-life.

Angst

sleeping_dragon said:
It will never stop and it's the same with Steam. If you factor in purchasing power in EU / AUS vs US it also makes perfect sense for them to use fucked up conversion rates.

Also - VAT included in EU, excluded in US

gt5dlcaccountlocked.jpg

Wow, so its not a mistake, it was intentional from get go.

sleeping_dragon said:

Are you new to regional pricing? It's always like this.

12 Euros = 16.4196 U.S. dollars

ashk

Angst said:
AFAIK know - online or arcade. Basically, you race on it :p

I'll be doing an open lounge at ~20.00 CET tonight.

Maybe it would be better to do a private lounge? I bet an open lounge would quickly fill up with all sorts of randoms who haven't bought Spa.

Angst

ashk said:
Maybe it would be better to do a private lounge? I bet an open lounge would quickly fill up with all sorts of randoms who haven't bought Spa.
You're right, last time some of the regulars couldn't get in and I didn't want to kick anyone as I wasn't sure who was from GAF or not.

I will do private lounge instead and you will have to be on my friends list to be able to join. PSN id is in my profile here on GAF. Lurkers - sorry :p

Dead Man

-Deadpool- said:
DLC is great, Spa is amazing, Kart track is pretty awesome too. Had a ball tonight with the new cars, smashing lap time in at Spa. Soooo good.

Account lock thing is really stupid though.

And if this DLC highlights anything, it's how truly and utterly broken the paint system is. I've just paid $3.45 for a bunch of paint chips (great ones at that, loving the Polarised ones), but they're one use only. Want to paint a bunch of your race cars in the same colour? Too bad. Want to buy another batch of the Paint DLC? Can't. And you can't even get a good preview out of most of these fancy paint colours as the little plastic icon does NOTHING to represent the colour on your actual car.

Over a year later and the paint system is still useless.
Give us a proper Paint SHOP.

"Paint tin for this colour is empty - Refill? Cost 2000cr". Would it really be so hard to implement? Would a colour preview actually ON your car be any more difficult? C'mon, get this shit together, Kaz.
I want that so much.

Metalmurphy said:
Are you new to regional pricing? It's always like this.

12 Euros = 16.4196 U.S. dollars
Yeah, still not fun to be on the receiving end of. Just because it's common does not mean it's right.

Edit: 19.00 AUD = 19.3453 USD :(

Ah, PD, glad to see you haven't lost your touch. 3 steps forward and 9 to the side, 17 back and one foot up the asshole.

So lets see how everything in the last week has unfolded for the GT5 dedicated post Spec 2.0

-Sweet, mid endurance race saves!! Fuck yeah, was promised at launch but oh well, better late than never
-Starts up 9 hour of Tsukuba*
-Ahh, this shit is tedious but at least I can bang it out in multiple sessions. Will have it done in no time before DLC
-Saves mid race..neat....wait what? Quit game? That is weird
-Fires up GT5 the next day, oh shit, I can't do anything in the fucking game other than load in to the exact endurance race save, can't even change a controller setting let alone play online...wow, definitely need to finish this by Tuesday.
-Oh wait, nevermind, I have another GT5 save with a decent garage on my other PSN profile, I will just buy it on my main and play online with my alternate account to enjoy Spa and the DLC while my main account is retardedly locked into the endurace race
-DLC account locked? Fuck you PD
-Paint chips the single most retarded thing I have heard of to date and can only use once after paying real money for them? Fuck you PD

This shit is a joke. I am all about defending GT5 and some things in this update are a great addition but PD is a shit developer at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if he bought you roses when he gets drunk and beats the shit out of you most nights.

Fuck you Kaz once again, fuck PD, same bullshit mess as always god this game drives me crazy.

On that note, looks like I am throwing 4 1/2 hours of progress out the window. Kaz is going to get twitter blasted all day.

Angst

It wouldn't be a GT thread if we didn't have rage dumps from gutterboy :p

Seriously, the locked to account thing is really stupid and I hope they change it just like they did with the locked saves GT shipped with.

offshore

gutterboy44 said:
-Paint chips the single most retarded thing I have heard of to date and can only use once after paying real money for them? Fuck you PD.
Wait, hang on a second, does this mean you can't dupe paint chips? You can really only use the chip once?

That is just unbelievable if it is, and makes me even more annoyed. As retarded as the current system is, at least I've got about 10 chips of both gold and chrome that I've duped, but now you're paying money and getting even less usage out of them?

Honestly gutterboy, I really wish you luck twitter-blasting (cool description btw) Kaz; I've tweeted him hundreds of times over the last year to change the paint chip system; I tweeted the US producer about it, I've posted on GT5 PS blog posts that have gone ignored when other posts have been answered...and nothing.

I cannot fathom why this current system is in place. And even less so now. I can't even begin to imagine a livery editor designed by PD: "Here's a GT logo...but you can only use it once!"

/o\

gutterboy44 said:

I ended up liking the endurance "save". Usually I'd pause the race and let the videogame on, locked on the game. Now I can play something else or just turn it off. And it makes sense (to me) because he doesn't let you take a walk in the park, play other races, do something else in the game, because that defeats the purpose of endurances. The name says it already: Endure. :p

Paint chips? Just don't buy it. I really don't get all the complaints about it.
But -Deadpool- suggestion is nice, I'd say even if there was a suit/helmet/paint market where rare paints would have absurd prices, would work for me.

The only complaint I can get behind is the account lock, I really hope they explain why they went this way.

Having the DLC locked to an account is unpalatable, but not unexpected. Sony will want to make as much revenue as possible from its customers (as all companies do at one level or another). So making avery single account that plays the game have to spend money for DLC THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DOWNLOADED (I'm not shouting..just emphasizing that point ;) comes as no surprise. Customers are being fucked up the arse left right and centre (and we let them). But I can see a day in the future, maybe by the time of the PS4 and 720 when games themselves are locked to an account/Gamertag. The way things are going it will happen....it will happen.

Spa is great, though!

gutterboy44 said:
Ah, PD, glad to see you haven't lost your touch. 3 steps forward and 9 to the side, 17 back and one foot up the asshole.

So lets see how everything in the last week has unfolded for the GT5 dedicated post Spec 2.0

-Sweet, mid endurance race saves!! Fuck yeah, was promised at launch but oh well, better late than never
-Ahh, this shit is tedious but at least I can bang it out in multiple sessions. Will have it done in no time before DLC
-Fires up GT5 the next day, oh shit, I can't do anything in the fucking game other than load in to the exact endurance race save, can't even change a controller setting let alone play online...wow, definitely need to finish this by Tuesday.
-Oh wait, nevermind, I have another GT5 save with a decent garage on my other PSN profile, I will just buy it on my main and play online with my alternate account to enjoy Spa and the DLC while my main account is retardedly locked into the endurace race
-Paint chips the single most retarded thing I have heard of to date and can only use once after paying real money for them? Fuck you PD

This shit is a joke. I am all about defending GT5 and some things in this update are a great addition but PD is a shit developer at the end of the day. It doesn't matter if he bought you roses when he gets drunk and beats the shit out of you most nights.

Fuck you Kaz once again, fuck PD, same bullshit mess as always god this game drives me crazy.

On that note, looks like I am throwing 4 1/2 hours of progress out the window. Kaz is going to get twitter blasted all day.

How do you even suspend mid race, i have tried it in a couple championships and it doesnt work. I have to wait to be done with the track THEN suspend, if for some reason i let the next track load thats it, i cant suspend anymore, beyond retarded.

Toxa

PantyPhantom said:
I have multiple accounts but I only game with my "master" account, can't see a problem here.

same for me, people always complaining with GT5 ...

I have multiple accounts and I buy DLC only for my main account so if it's locked I don't care ...

I can understand, it's unfortunate you can't share your DLC with your brother, kids account :(

and I don't give a shit about the paint, I bought the full pack only for the track and the cars and it's great so far

Dead Man said:
I want that so much.

Yeah, still not fun to be on the receiving end of. Just because it's common does not mean it's right.

Edit: 19.00 AUD = 19.3453 USD :(

and considering a brand new GT5 copy at my local store is only $35 and im here paying $19 just for 2 (only spa that i really wanted) tracks and 15 cars.

Just realized how stupid my post was, hoping that they explain why account lock.

You buy the DLC, activate in 5 accounts, and send all the chips/cars/clothes to others. It sucks for those that actually have someone else that plays at the same videogame, but they gotta prevent opportunists :(.

gutterboy44 said:

While I understand your frustration with PD, buying DLC under different accounts is just asking for headaches.

Atcha

It's Sony who is behind all this f...ness .
Sony marketing departement more exactly.

But you are right to spam Kaz.

Atcha

Toxa said:

I have multiple accounts and I buy DLC only for my main account so if it's locked I don't care ...

I can understand, it's unfortunate you can't share your DLC with your brother, kids account :(

and I don't give a shit about the paint, I bought the full pack only for the track and the cars and it's great so far

The point is Sony is trying to open a new door for DLCs policies.

Whats funny is that the 24hr GT-R and those Karts which were also part of Spec 2.0 update work flawlessly on all accounts from all region, its only this paid stuff that is locked up. Its really, really strange.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
PantyPhantom said:
I have multiple accounts but I only game with my "master" account, can't see a problem here.
The fact that it isn't a problem for you doesn't mean one isn't there.

Atcha said:
The point is Sony is trying to open a new door for DLCs policies.
They might as well open the door that leads to the way out of PSN if that's the case.

iceatcs

chubigans said:
What bonus license?
Well, US DLC version will get a special bonus. Maybe something exclusive US car (NASCAR?) or Special Events (Jeff Gordon thing?) Or
sent to virus to 360 scratch F4 disc.

DonMigs85

Wait, this is bad. I have the Asian R3 version of GT5 but my main account is for the USA.
I would probably have to buy the DLC from my HK account, but then it wouldn't work on my US account.
NOOOOOOOO

Angst

DonMigs85 said:
Wait, this is bad. I have the Asian R3 version of GT5 but my main account is for the USA.
I would probably have to buy the DLC from my HK account, but then it wouldn't work on my US account.
NOOOOOOOO
I think you should be able to buy it on the US store and then use it with your US account. But I don't know for sure... :/

iceatcs

DonMigs85 said:
NOOOOOOOO
Not sure but it doesn't matter which GT5 region. I think it only lock to PSN account you bought from. i.e. 2nd account can't use this DLC.
[beaten]

Trick way to block import without use the region code lock.

offshore

CozMick said:
Anyone know if there'll be a seasonal for Spa?
Almost certainly.

It will likely be a "good" seasonal as well .i.e. millions of credits payout and maybe a nice car as a prize. That would tempt some holdouts to buy the DLC.

Angst said:
I think you should be able to buy it on the US store and then use it with your US account. But I don't know for sure... :/

No you can't. I tried it with JPN DLC with my JPN account and PAL disk, doesn't work. You need all 3 region conditions satisfied.

dwebo

So, since they're not downloadable unlock keys, does that mean you can't redownload the cars either? I thought someone said you could with the stealths/chromes.

If not, hopefully that means the engine / chassis repairs are near-free, as having degradable one-use cars is pretty terrible otherwise. Another issue that's gone unchanged.

sublimit

Banned
PantyPhantom said:
Congratulations man,obviously since you don't have a problem there shouldn't be one for anybody else.
What a fine logic is this!!!

Toxa said:

Jesus christ are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb?
I'm the only person in my house who uses my PS3 but i had to make a separate account where i buy stuff and i'm always playing on the account where i have no billing information.
Should i be punished because i kept my billing account separate from the one i'm gaming?

Jesus.

Top Bottom