• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

darkwing

amar212 said:
I was told today how FIFA introduced that kind of praxis recently.

Also, same goes for some items on PSHome service apparently.

And also worth noticing is how that exact and same praxis is entitled to XboxLive for like a ...decade? I can't use anything purchased over XBL on any other account, DRM is painfully rigid and all I can say is how Sony practically spoiled all of us with non-restricitve DRM policy, so when something like this happen on PS3 it becomes a Movement of Jah People - while nobody gives a crap about the same thing happening on the XBL as everyday praxis..
maybe if they informed us in advance, I guess people got spoiled with the dlc sharing, and Sony got jealous of the XBL method lol

andylsun

Wow, Kart Space I and II are good! Really good fun. I'm in the US but there were a couple of rooms with lots of people from europe, and as the host migrated when the euro people left, it ended up with people in the US. It also made it a bit more even as most of the euros had the 125 kart.

Finished top of all the PD 100 karts in each race, so pretty pleased.

sublimit

Banned
Solal said:
I don't get it.

Yamauchi said he did not know that DLC was delayed in US...though Sony US promised a little bonus to apologize. How can they give a bonus when even the dev did not know there was a problem?

And for the account locking: Kaz says it's very complicated to share the DLC with different accounts on one same console... isn't it what EVERY other game does? Why eveything that is easy and possible for other devs suddenly becomes sooooo hard and complicated when it comes to PD?

I mean: that guy is a producer isn't he? His job IS to foresee problems and THINK of the best way to do things (best way for PLAYERS btw)...

So, unless I am missing something about that special DLC, don't you people think KAZ is just bullshitting again? Serious question.
It's probably what some Sony executive asked him to say.

witness

I ended up getting this game again, borrowed from a relative, and its greatly improved from when I last played it earlier in the year. The Red Bull vehicle is just insane, its terrifying and amazing and really helps elevate the game. Adding a in cockpit view to all the cars is exactly what I wanted this game to have from the start, it improves the game immensely.

I still think the sound though is just such a detriment to the game, its just so bad with so many vehicles. I bought a LFA and was so disappointed with the way it sounded, it was heartbreaking.

Even with the sound issues that are a punch to the gut, I think I will end up buying this again. With all the improvements and the DLC (I wish there were new cars in it, but still good stuff) coming I think that GT5 is now delivering on its promise of what I hoped it would be a year ago. At the end of the day the two main racing sims on consoles, for me, are absolutely fantastic compliments/companions to each other and it really is worth having both.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm kind of late to the game, played it when it first came out, wasn't feeling it, waited a year and giving it another shot now. I've got a few questions:

1. If your car is a convertible, how do you put the top down for races or up for photo travel?

2. Is there any way to just look around the inside of your car in the garage to explore it out?

3. In cockpit view the inside of the car is usually very dark and hard to make out details. Changing the Ev just changes the brightness outside of the windshield. Any way to brighten the inside?

I just want to see the glorious modeled interiors they spent so much time making. Why is it so hard to get a good look at them?

I wouldn't care as much about the locked DLC if I could maintain multiple careers under my one PSN name and reuse paint more than once. Since being 40/40 and having every car, customizing, read: painting and tuning is the one thing that keeps me entertained offline.

gutterboy44 said:
I wouldn't care as much about the locked DLC if I could maintain multiple careers under my one PSN name and reuse paint more than once. Since being 40/40 and having every car, customizing, read: painting and tuning is the one thing that keeps me entertained offline.

That would be different if you had leaderboards to go at it right?

I know it´s an online feature, but still, it countsd as playing alone, so i guess i should bring up yet again that we still want this.

Polyphony

That's pretty good. I learned to keep my expectations in check throughout these years. I thought they would give us a paint chip or something. A pearl one.

DEO3

I remember in GT:p you could pull up a list of the world rankings for any car on any track, and even download the replays to see how some of the world's fastest drivers achieved their time. Is that not available in GT5?

dwebo

Bebpo said:
I'm kind of late to the game, played it when it first came out, wasn't feeling it, waited a year and giving it another shot now. I've got a few questions:

1. If your car is a convertible, how do you put the top down for races or up for photo travel?

2. Is there any way to just look around the inside of your car in the garage to explore it out?

3. In cockpit view the inside of the car is usually very dark and hard to make out details. Changing the Ev just changes the brightness outside of the windshield. Any way to brighten the inside?

I just want to see the glorious modeled interiors they spent so much time making. Why is it so hard to get a good look at them?
Not going to like the answers, but here goes:
1) You can't adjust convertible roofs. IIRC the ferrari california is the only convertible lets you drive around with the top down, though it's been awhile since I've checked.
2) Not really, though you can clip through the model to take pictures of the interiors. Never bothered to do it myself, and I have no idea if it's been patched out, but here are instructions:http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=143323
3) Nope. It'll depend entirely on the outside lighting, so try different tracks (and different times) if that's all you want to do.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hopped online since Im a lowly North American peasant who doesn't get a crack at DLC. :(

Kart track is really cool, but Spa...holy crap, that thing is massive. Insane.

Kind of odd how empty the stands are; does that change from the different layouts? Its somewhat cool in that it feels like we're all there on an offseason run or something. :p

I just found out about the locked dlc acount thing. is the dlc region free at least? I have asian GT5 disc but play on my main US account. usually with dlc, I have to buy dlc from asian store (same region as the game disc) but I can still play it on my US account. will US dlc work on Asian disc for GT5?

gokieks

Looks like my decision to pre-order the CE from Amazon turned out to be the right one, as both of the bonus DLC are cars that I don't yet own.

Though I'm sure they'll give away the SLS Stealth Model somewhere down the line... and it's not a car I particularly enjoyed driving anyway.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Buba Big Guns said:
Im talking about in game. Maybe it's my tv that makes it look that much better but holy shit. And replay mode is of course even better.

Its the 4xAA at 60 fps plus dynamic lighting.

Can't think of any other game that does that this gen.

patsu

Free Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model in Gran Turismo 5
http://www.gtplanet.net/free-nissan-gt-r-gt500-stealth-model-in-gran-turismo-5/

To celebrate the official conclusion of the North American GT Academy competition on Speed TV (hopefully you were able to join GTPlanet’s live viewing party!), Polyphony Digital and SCEA have now made the Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model available as a free download in North America.

To download the car, head to the PlayStation Store and select “Redeem Codes” in the top right corner. Next, enter the following code…

RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

EDIT: Whoops, beaten !

Solal

ridley182 said:
So did they ever fix the screen tearing? It's one of the few complaints I had (because screen tearing = instant headaches for me).

It got better through updates...but there is still tearing. (massive in external view actually...but much much less noticeable in cockpit view which is a great news)

And yes: it's a shame: imo screen tearing is the worst thing about all GT5 flaws. :-(

hirokazu

F#A#Oo said:
Hmm...I see what you're saying but that's the issue with GT5 itself...not the DLC...PD needs to protect their game from people trading DLC around for fun...and in extreme cases actually profiting from it even with RL $$$ which already happen ofcourse but it's in their best interest to stop these things...
How can people make money or exploit this DLC? You can't trade any of the DLC items?

Anyway, if it's protect their profits from people who share their accounts with their friends so they only buy DLC once between up to 5 people, I think PD are really disrepecting their fan base.

Just like with draconic anti-piracy measures, they ought to realise it's not worth upsetting legitimate users with shit like this just to stop a few people from getting things for free. There is a fair amount of people who want to access DLC from accounts other than the one that purchased them and I think that need outweighs number of people who are sharing accounts.

There's no excuses implementing DLC as a service like this, I mean, they went out of their way to implement it this way, they would certainly understand the implications.

hirokazu

Metalmurphy said:
Or the Bonus has nothing to do with Kaz, just Sony. Like a special discount.
Nah, I'd say it's a GT5 wallpaper or theme or something worthless like that. :p

EDIT: well I was half right :p

amar212

Solal said:
Hi Amar,
I am a bit confused by your post. DO you mean that before Spec 2.0, the suspensions were not independant? Can you elaborate please?
Tx in advance.

No problem.

In my personal opinion, Spec 2.0 physics made suspension modelling much more pronounced in overall physics-sensation. Of course the suspension was independent before - it is independent since the first Gran Turismo game - but Spec 2.0 suspension-modelling creates a sensation of real-life independent-travel that transfers on full-chasis and takes spring-load/reload as a factor that greatly determines overal lateral cornering capabilities with particular tire-compound equipped on the much higher scale :)

Mistake is on my part, I should have said "...the remodelled Spec 2.0 suspension is now much more independent".

Always welcomed Solal.

ruttyboy

How is sharing accounts even a problem? It's not like two people could be playing on the DLC on different accounts on the same console at the same time. There's no bandwidth costs so who cares if two different people play?

While I'm here, does anyone know what kind of plug the G25 uses to connect up the pedals and shifter? I was lucky enough to acquire a racing seat but want to be able to take it apart without removing the wheel so need some interconnecting wires that I can plug in and out.

STG

krioto said:
Create a US account, then download it from the US store - this is an old type DLC so will work on all accounts on the PS3 machine.
I did that

downloaded the 100kb key, installed all as planned

but the car is nowhere to be found in the game, not on my us account or European account or Japanese account

ashk

krioto said:
Create a US account, then download it from the US store - this is an old type DLC so will work on all accounts on the PS3 machine.

I don't think that will work as you probably need the US version of the game.

darkwing

STG said:
I did that

downloaded the 100kb key, installed all as planned

but the car is nowhere to be found in the game, not on my us account or European account or Japanese account
what region is your game?

Dead Man

tusken77 said:
lol

So now some of you guys are complaining because you're in Europe and don't get a free car.

Unbelievable.
So you guys are complaining because you don't get access to content another region gets for free. Shocking huh? You need to stop bitching about people bitching.

krioto

tusken77 said:
lol

So now some of you guys are complaining because you're in Europe and don't get a free car.

Unbelievable.

Just trying to get a free car - where's the harm in trying and discussing how to nab it?

Top Bottom