• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

tusken77

krioto said:
Just trying to get a free car - where's the harm in trying and discussing how to nab it?

I'm talking about the ridiculous complaining.

"So us EU players get nothing? Classy."

and

"yeah this is bullshit"

Unbelievable.

Dead Man

tusken77 said:
I'm talking about the ridiculous complaining.

"So us EU players get nothing? Classy."

and

"yeah this is bullshit"

Unbelievable.
No. Very believable. Some people are getting something. Others are not. Those that are not getting it want it. What is so difficult to understand?

tusken77

Dead Man said:
No. Very believable. Some people are getting something. Others are not. Those that are not getting it want it. What is so difficult to understand?

Uh, what?

The US have to wait a week for the dlc. They get a free car as a bonus for their patience.

EU players, who have the dlc available to them now, are complaining because they don't get a free car.

Unbelievable.

krioto

This does seem odd though.

I got the Stealth McLaren and the 787 from pre-ordering from Amazon, and also grabbed the chromeline Jag from that facebook promo - both to my UK account.

If I log into GT5 using my US account, these cars are there.

But you guys are saying that if you download from the US store the new Stealth GTR, it will only show for the US account? Or only be in the game if I have a US disc?

Why would it be different?

Sethos

Banned
tusken77 said:
Uh, what?

The US have to wait a week for the dlc. They get a free car as a bonus for their patience.

EU players, who have the dlc available to them now, are complaining because they don't get a free car.

Unbelievable.

We get to PAY for some DLC before they do, for the first time in human history - Great.

Where's my option to wait a week as well and get the free car?

And I want a sweet car in a driving 'sim', what is wrong with me?!

Dead Man

tusken77 said:
Uh, what?

Unbelievable.
Okay. You don't get it. Cool. Just stop bitching at people for bitching about things, yeah?

amar212

krioto said:

Because you're still using PAL game and all those "promo" cars are linked for the PAL serial-numbers of the disc.

All US "promo" content is linked to US serial-numbers of the disc.

You can use corresponding content despite of your actual "profile country" as long as "disc-content" combo is from the same territory.

krioto

amar212 said:
Because you're still using PAL game and all those "promo" cars are linked for the PAL serial-numbers of the disc.

All US "promo" content is linked to US serial-numbers of the disc.

You can use corresponding content despite of your actual "profile" as long as "disc-content" combo is from the same territory.

Ah - OK. Oh well

tusken77

Sethos said:
We get to PAY for some DLC before they do, for the first time in human history - Great.

Sarcasm. Gotcha.

hirokazu

krioto said:
This does seem odd though.

I got the Stealth McLaren and the 787 from pre-ordering from Amazon, and also grabbed the chromeline Jag from that facebook promo - both to my UK account.

If I log into GT5 using my US account, these cars are there.

But you guys are saying that if you download from the US store the new Stealth GTR, it will only show for the US account? Or only be in the game if I have a US disc?

No, the Stealth GTR works the same as the other stealth vehicles you've got - if you've got the same region disc as the DLC, it'll work on all accounts with that disc/game data.

The paid DLC works different because it is tied to your account as an enabled service, just like a PS+ subscription, not a download key.

So in the usual case for DLC, the disc checks the relevant Game Data on your PS3's HDD for DLC content. This game data is the same for all accounts on the PS3. That is how the stealth and chrome line cars work.

For Gt5's paid DLC, the game checks your service entitlements to determine what DLC you have. If you change to a different account, it won't have the DLC service entitlements and that's the reason why the DLC is account locked.

F#A#Oo

Banned
hirokazu said:
How can people make money or exploit this DLC? You can't trade any of the DLC items?

Anyway, if it's protect their profits from people who share their accounts with their friends so they only buy DLC once between up to 5 people, I think PD are really disrepecting their fan base.

Just like with draconic anti-piracy measures, they ought to realise it's not worth upsetting legitimate users with shit like this just to stop a few people from getting things for free. There is a fair amount of people who want to access DLC from accounts other than the one that purchased them and I think that need outweighs number of people who are sharing accounts.

There's no excuses implementing DLC as a service like this, I mean, they went out of their way to implement it this way, they would certainly understand the implications.

Prior to the limits on gifting there was rl funds being exchanged for the rarer cars. Also I dunno about the value of the cars but I'm sure you can gift the cars as their under a million right?

Secondly playing the "fanbase" card is BS...PD didn't have to release this DLC...but they have done and we should be happy.

I always said that if PD released DLC I would buy it as long as it was reasonable...and they have delivered. It's funny prior to DLC announcement people cry for DLC and make out their entitled to stuff when PD delivers suddenly there is terms and conditions to the DLC purchase and whether one buys it...lol.

Grow up...

Sethos said:

Well... its not free. You have to buy the bundle.

Solal

amar212 said:
No problem.

In my personal opinion, Spec 2.0 physics made suspension modelling much more pronounced in overall physics-sensation. Of course the suspension was independent before - it is independent since the first Gran Turismo game - but Spec 2.0 suspension-modelling creates a sensation of real-life independent-travel that transfers on full-chasis and takes spring-load/reload as a factor that greatly determines overal lateral cornering capabilities with particular tire-compound equipped on the much higher scale :)

Mistake is on my part, I should have said "...the remodelled Spec 2.0 suspension is now much more independent".

Always welcomed Solal.

Ok. Tx for the explanation. I was wondering if I had been crazy all these years... (as GT suspensions have always been top notch to me!) ;-)

hirokazu

F#A#Oo said:
Prior to the limits on gifting there was rl funds being exchanged for the rarer cars. Also I dunno about the value of the cars but I'm sure you can gift the cars as their under a million right?

Secondly playing the "fanbase" card is BS...PD didn't have to release this DLC...but they have done and we should be happy.

I always said that if PD released DLC I would buy it as long as it was reasonable...and they have delivered. It's funny prior to DLC announcement people cry for DLC and make out their entitled to stuff when PD delivers suddenly there is terms and conditions to the DLC purchase and whether one buys it...lol.

Grow up...
LOL. Terms and conditions? PD put those terms and conditions on us. They subverted the regular implementation to do their idiotic method.

You're telling us to grow up? Many of us have invested time in the game and now have no way to use the DLC on the accounts with which we invested that time.

If we buy the DLC, it's useless to us, do you want us to buy it anyway because we should be glad PD gave us DLC in the first place? Please. Of course we're upset. Do you tell all the other people who made complaints about GT5 since its launch to grow up too?

offshore

Out of curiosity, I just multiplied the number of ratings by the cost of the DLC for each of the 5 packs, and discovered that in one day, and one country (UK), the DLC has already made over £13,000.

And that's just from people who left ratings.

F#A#Oo

Banned
hirokazu said:
LOL. Terms and conditions? PD put those terms and conditions on us. They subverted the regular implementation to do their idiotic method.

You're telling us to grow up? Many of us have invested time in the game and now have no way to use the DLC on the accounts with which we invested that time.

If we buy the DLC, it's useless to us, do you want us to buy it anyway because we should be glad PD gave us DLC in the first place? Please. Of course we're upset. Do you tell all the other people who made complaints about GT5 since its launch to grow up too?

You're just waffling and blabbering now...

Yes grow up...you seem to think you are entitled to something...you're not.

Just be thankful PD gives a shit and are actually putting content out not just dlc but actually updating and patching the game for the better...many developers would have already moved on.

Dead Man

F#A#Oo said:

Just be thankful PD gives a shit and are actually putting content out not just dlc but actually updating and patching the game for the better...many developers would have already moved on.
You hear that people? Be thankful for shit you can't use. Damn dude. PD have done some amazing things with this game, but they have also made some colossal errors.

hirokazu

F#A#Oo said:

1. I never complained for PD to give us DLC as you assumed. People have expectations on how DLC works on PS3. When PD implemented using a method that wasn't designed for DLC in the first place in order to place restrictions, they break those expectations.

2. So do you think everyone who's ever complained about GT5 should grow up? You never answered that.

3. Blabbering? I made a response to your attacks. I'm sorry you don't have anything intelligent to say apart from belittling people who have grievances.

Man, can't get enough of Spa. It looks amazing.

ibc9uvlO5n2aT6.gif

iYQEBDXfiJPFB.gif

F#A#Oo

Banned
hirokazu said:
1. I never complained for PD to give us DLC as you assumed. People have expectations on how DLC works on PS3. When PD implemented using a method that wasn't designed for DLC in the first place in order to place restrictions, they break those expectations.

2. So do you think everyone who's ever complained about GT5 should grow up? You never answered that.

3. Blabbering? I made a response to your attacks. I'm sorry you don't have anything intelligent to say apart from belittling people who have grievances.

1) It is well within PD's right to lock the DLC how they see fit. PS3 users have been getting a free ride at some point Sony needed to wise up.
2) No...I have done plenty of moaning...I just think your troubles are trivial.
3)Indeed blabbering...

hirokazu

F#A#Oo said:
1) It is well within PD's right to lock the DLC how they see fit. PS3 users have been getting a free ride at some point Sony needed to wise up.
2) No...I have done plenty of moaning...I just think your troubles are trivial.
3)Indeed blabbering...
So basically, if you don't have a problem with it, then no once else should. LOL, OK.

hirokazu

offshore said:
Out of curiosity, I just multiplied the number of ratings by the cost of the DLC for each of the 5 packs, and discovered that in one day, and one country (UK), the DLC has already made over £13,000.

And that's just from people who left ratings.
I thought the ratings for EU store was for all of EU/AU/NZ, not just the country you lived in. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Angst

FinalD said:
Are the tracks account locked?

I kinda understand why the cars are account locked. Tracks not so much.
They are. Sort of.

Anyone that joins an online lounge can play on the tracks that the host has bought. You can buy it on your main account, set your default lounge track to Spa and then race in that lounge on Spa on your other accounts. Not optimal, but it works. No AI though :/

TTG

Anyone have a link/know the splits for Vettel Challenge on the 'ring? Yea, I know everyone wants to talk DLC, but I decided to give it another go after getting bronze the first time. Now I only have the Nurburgring left to gold and I'm in the 2:08s but still a ways off, not easy with the DS3, even with the steering sensitivity turned up. What's bugging me is after a day's worth of practice, if I put my best 2 laps together I'm still just about half a second off. I see people online in the 1:03s on the first lap and I haven't even broken below 1.04.5, ruh roh. But then again, that's after a day. I wouldn't expect anything less than a week of frustration here.

elektrixx

Banned
Here's how to play the game without losing:

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_3-1.jpg

I only started playing when Spec II released and I'm already nearly level 20 A-Spec and over 30 B-Spec. This game's so easy!

TTG

elektrixx said:
I only started playing when Spec II released and I'm already nearly level 20 A-Spec and over 30 B-Spec. This game's so easy!

If I were you, I would be trying any and all cars that looked remotely interesting and I would try to stick in a general range of what the competition is. Not saying there's a right way to play the game or whatever, but if you want to take the path of least resistance or are especially tight with the credits you spend, GT5 will absolutely let you go through all of A-spec without trying most of the cars in the game. Now that we have great seasonals that's not so much of an issue, but it used to be that you get all these amazing cars and extra cash at the end game stage and only online/practice to do.

Suzzopher

Not sure if this has been said but, EU Plus subscribers can get the DLC for a discount......sucks for those who paid full whack yesterday.

Didn't even think of this at first, one more "fun" feature of the moronic DLC system/service. You know how GT5 is so innovative in providing irreversable car mods such as engine tune and weight reduction? Well guess what, do any of those to your DLC cars and kiss the original goodbye. That's it, done. Won't ever have a stock version of it again.

I believe the evidence has been collected and I can finally draft my thesis.
"Polyphony Digital, a bunch of talented modelers with their heads in the sand run buy an autistic car enthusiast"

They are actually inventing new ways to fuck up games. You have to think of a work around Kaz? Really, how about make it like every other god damn game out there and just do the normal DLC delivery. He must have a buddy over at EA to come up with this kind of content management shit.

Solal

gutterboy44 said:
Didn't even think of this at first, one more "fun" feature of the moronic DLC system/service. You know how GT5 is so innovative in providing irreversable car mods such as engine tune and weight reduction? Well guess what, do any of those to your DLC cars and kiss the original goodbye. That's it, done. Won't ever have a stock version of it again.

"Polyphony Digital, a bunch of talented modelers with their heads in the sand run buy an autistic car enthusiast"

They are actually inventing new ways to fuck up games. You have to think of a work around Kaz? Really, how about make it like every other god damn game out there and just do the normal DLC delivery. He must have a buddy over at EA to come up with this kind of content management shit.

Amen ! (to the whole post actually)

Kaz in all his splendor !

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:

Hate that unreversible shit. I hoped that would change wit the multiple setup options in Spec 2 but nope.

amar212

gutterboy44 said:
Won't ever have a stock version of it again..

Come on Gutter. You knew principles for both "thesis" before even doing anything. You knew that:

1. DLC cars can't be obtain in-game
2. both Engine Displacement or Weight Reduction is irreversible process throughout the series-history, it happens since the GT2 if I recall well, and maybe even since the first game, I can't remember from the head

Why are you blaming PD for your endeavors?

On the other hand, I would welcome a simple solution that all DLC content of cars/paints/suits can be re-bought inside the game for game Cr. I also do not like the fact how all of this DLC content is one-shot only.

amar212 said:
Come on Gutter. You knew principles for both "thesis" before even doing anything. You knew that:

1. DLC cars can't be obtain in-game
2. both Engine Displacement or Weight Reduction is irreversible process throughout the series-history, it happens since the GT2 if I recall well, and maybe even since the first game, I can't remember from the head

Why are you blaming PD for your endeavors?

There is no good reason any of these systems should exist. If GT5 was the first of a handful of games to release DLC I would fully forgive them for the shortcomings of the DLC system. They arent't and it is awful.

If GT5 was actually the first or second, maybe even third iteration of the game in the franchise, maybe I would forgive them for the arbitarty, idiotic, irrevesable modding system that has been present since GT1. But alas, it is the 5th game and has had the longest development cycle of all of them. I don't forgive them.

You know I love me some GT5 Amar, and I still love playing it, as I did for 2 hours last night. However, that doesn't prevent me from airing my grievances of my favorite franchise of my favorite genre in the history of video games. My rants are rants of love. I want them to be heard by PD so they can get their head out of their asses and make the GT game that we all dream of.

TTG

gutterboy44 said:
If GT5 was actually the first or second, maybe even third iteration of the game in the franchise, maybe I would forgive them for the arbitarty, idiotic, irrevesable modding system that has been present since GT1. But alas, it is the 5th game and has had the longest development cycle of all of them. I don't forgive them.

You know, I was actually wondering if the addition of having different tunes that you can cycle through on the fly meant that there was going to be a stock option for all the cars... nope. Just off the top of my head, I've rebought both of the Mclarens, the Enzo and the 458, and some number of GTRs just because I used to mod everything when I was just starting out. Good thing you can't permanently fuck up the race cars, or it would have really cost me :D

krioto

I prefer to buy a new car per tune/setup anyway - what else is there to spend all your money on once you have all the cars? I'm currently going through and re-buying cars with lower mileage than the one's I have!

krioto said:
I prefer to buy a new car per tune/setup anyway - what else is there to spend all your money on once you have all the cars? I'm currently going through and re-buying cars with lower mileage than the one's I have!

Exactly, this is fine. I actually like multiple versions of cars as well. However, you cannot buy your own DLC even though you paid for it.

The simple solution to this is have the DLC unlock the car in game. Make it cost over a million credits, boom, no trading to friends. Who gives a shit if you can dupe it to your own accounts and in your game. It is all within your own system and you fucking paid for it.

Lets not forget that this DLC is dropping nearly a year after the launch of the game and several years after the first DLC was delivered via PSN for a retail title. They don't have their heads in the sand, they have them in a god damn nuclear bunker.

Top Bottom