• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

offshore

Has black screen really been improved?

I'd want that so much to be true. The black screen situation in GT5 in my experience was just really terrible. We'd go through so many lobby's in a night it was mind-blowing.
gutterboy44 said:
I got kicked from a room because I was on track before the race start.
Folks I race with are ruthless about that :lol

Don't even think everyone being in the pits actually helps.

Angelcurio

If the problem is caused becaused they made the DLC work as a service, they could simply make it work like everything you download from the store, that automatically becomes available in all the accounts in the same PS3.

And to the person that recommended making PS3 work like Xbox Live, having your DLC active on a single console, i don't agree with you. I have two PS3s, and i keep moving save files between the two all day (need to become part of the PS+ master race soon to upload everything to the cloud), and while i normally play on one during the whole day, after 10 pm or so i simply copy my saved game to my phone and then copy it in the PS3 i have on my bedroom and keep playing there.

Syn23 said:
So I guess I'm not that bad. :)
1:16:530, with a DS3.
Some kind of proof.

You should ask ashk what his time is. Then you'll see you suck
lol.gif

I'll join the lounge as soon as I finish accepting all the tickets -.-

Angst

funkystudent said:
Sent!

now to buy the DLC
Didn't get it? Are you sure you sent it to the right id? GT5NRL, I'm in game now and can't accept it, but perhaps MM can accept you?

I'll be in the NRL lounge shortly, just need to accept the new cars :)

Angst said:
Didn't get it? Are you sure you sent it to the right id? GT5NRL, I'm in game now and can't accept it, but perhaps MM can accept you?

I'll be in the NRL lounge shortly, just need to accept the new cars :)

I accepted them all already :p

5 or 6 of them.

Its funny ironic how everyones mood quickly changed from

*GT5 content drought* Fix this shit PD!
*Spec II out of fuckin nowhere* omgawd <333 PD, OMFG Spa!!!! \o/\o/\o/
*waiting for the DLC to arrive* 2 more weeks >_<
*DLC comes out, but has major flaws in content delivery* Fix this shit PD!

We're back to square one :/

Account locked DLC does suck. I have two GT5 profiles (US/EU) and if I want to enjoy Spa now, I'll have to play my US account more *sigh*

Well, theres still 7 days to fix it for US users :lol , though I really doubt anythings gonna change :(

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Its funny ironic how everyones mood quickly changed from

*GT5 content drought* Fix this shit PD!
*Spec II out of fuckin nowhere* omgawd <333 PD, OMFG Spa!!!! \o/\o/\o/
*waiting for the DLC to arrive* 2 more weeks >_<
*DLC comes out, but has major flaws in content delivery* Fix this shit PD!

We're back to square one :/

Account locked DLC does suck. I have two GT5 profiles (US/EU) and if I want to enjoy Spa now, I'll have to play my US account more *sigh*

Well, theres still 7 days to fix it for US users :lol , though I really doubt anythings gonna change :(

Welcome to the carnival ride hell that is known as being a GT fan.

CozMick

Banned
The only problem I see with 2.0 and the dlc is that people want to use the dlc on multiple accounts....

Welcome to the world of you get fuck all for nowt, content sharing will be gone next-gen, I would just start getting used to it.

RyL

Banned
and PD did it again... same bs with the GT5 Prologue Digital Version, you need to be online with the account you have purchased the game otherwise GT5P wouldn't start... I knew that they would pull the same bs again...

thanks but no thanks, bye GT5

Solal

I don't get it.

Yamauchi said he did not know that DLC was delayed in US...though Sony US promised a little bonus to apologize. How can they give a bonus when even the dev did not know there was a problem?

And for the account locking: Kaz says it's very complicated to share the DLC with different accounts on one same console... isn't it what EVERY other game does? Why eveything that is easy and possible for other devs suddenly becomes sooooo hard and complicated when it comes to PD?

I mean: that guy is a producer isn't he? His job IS to foresee problems and THINK of the best way to do things (best way for PLAYERS btw)...

So, unless I am missing something about that special DLC, don't you people think KAZ is just bullshitting again? Serious question.

spats

The new kart track is just awesome. If PD ever decides to make a new Omega Boost, I'd be fine with that. Just sayin'.

Kart%252520Space%252520%2525E2%252585%2525A0.jpg

Kart%252520Space%252520%2525E2%252585%2525A0.jpg

tusken77

^^

Loving the look of the Kart Space. It has a Wipeout vibe to it.

So, those with the dlc, has Spa automatically become your second favourite track in the game?

magawolaz

The Kart Space is beautiful.

But I want seasonal events with Spa T_T
Last tuesday they added the Formula GT event, I hoped they did something new today :(

Blu_LED said:
What is the easiest way to grind credits?

If you have time i would say to get to 200% and run the seasonals, the Formula GT ones pay decently and are somewhat easy with a modified FGT.

If you dont have time, use the B Spec Grinder, i can generate like 5 million credits daily with it.

FUCK!!

console froze 17 seconds before the kart race on the NRL lounge started.

Zonda's on spa was..... something. I came 2nd last which I think was great for my first online GT5 race and only my 2nd time around spa.

spun out a few times could have done better without that.

will jump back in later.

Dibbz

Will be on after Champions League matches finish tonight if anyone is still gonna be around. If not no biggie will see you guys on the weekend :)

Angst

Dibbz said:
Will be on after Champions League matches finish tonight if anyone is still gonna be around. If not no biggie will see you guys on the weekend :)
We're closed down for tonight (or at least I think so, maybe someone has started it up again)

Dead Man

gutterboy44 said:
PD needs to swallow their pride and just start copying existing models for game mechanics. The online, DLC, paint, tuning, oil change, car selection, events, gifting, XP, Cr., etc etc are all some bat shit insane concoction that only PD could come up with and any other dev trying this shit would be laughed off stage.

Oil changes are literally the only "tuning" that is quick and easy to do in real life, aside from washing the car, yet it is laborious to do such a simple task in a virtual environment.

Oh the PD rage is flowing pure today. Sorry, it is just one of those days where PD is my nemesis.
Yeah, PD need to stop reinventing the wheel. Or the oblong, that sort of rotates, because they don't want to use a wheel like everyone else.

Angelcurio said:
If the problem is caused becaused they made the DLC work as a service, they could simply make it work like everything you download from the store, that automatically becomes available in all the accounts in the same PS3.
That would involve them doing the same thing as everyone else. Never happen.

/Bitter and salty as fuck griping

test_account said:
How does other DLC work on multiply accounts? Like Call of Duty map packs just to take one example. I have never tried it myself.

Regular DLC is a download, either the entire DLC files or an unlock key for something that's already on the disc/game data, but those downloads are installed on the GAME DATA, which is shared by all accounts on the PS3.

The problem here is that this DLC simply activates a service on your account, kinda like PSN+, except this one doesn't expire, and GT5 is checking what services are activated on the account to enable the DLC.

test_account

XP-39C²
Metalmurphy said:
Regular DLC is a download, either the entire DLC files or an unlock key for something that's already on the disc/game data, but those downloads are installed on the GAME DATA, which is shared by all accounts on the PS3.

The problem here is that this DLC simply activates a service on your account, kinda like PSN+, except this one doesn't expire, and GT5 is checking what services are activated on the account to enable the DLC.
Ah ok, i see. So no actual data is being downloaded with the GT5 DLC. I saw someone mention this earlier on another forum, but i just assumed that he was referring to those 6KB unlock keys. Thanks for the info :)

Truespeed

Solal said:
I don't get it.

Yamauchi said he did not know that DLC was delayed in US...though Sony US promised a little bonus to apologize. How can they give a bonus when even the dev did not know there was a problem?

And for the account locking: Kaz says it's very complicated to share the DLC with different accounts on one same console... isn't it what EVERY other game does? Why eveything that is easy and possible for other devs suddenly becomes sooooo hard and complicated when it comes to PD?

Do any other games that prevent game sharing allow you to share DLC content with multiple accounts on one system?

Solal said:
I mean: that guy is a producer isn't he? His job IS to foresee problems and THINK of the best way to do things (best way for PLAYERS btw)...

So, unless I am missing something about that special DLC, don't you people think KAZ is just bullshitting again? Serious question.

Does Kaz really bullshit? He doesn't come across as a person that doesn't walk the talk. But, if you're looking for bullshit you can always do a search for Greenawalt.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Some of you can find fault with anything...lol

So what if it's tied to one account? I mean seriously...do you cry like this with Steam?

amar212

I was told today how FIFA introduced that kind of praxis recently.

Also, same goes for some items on PSHome service apparently.

And also worth noticing is how that exact and same praxis is entitled to XboxLive for like a ...decade? I can't use anything purchased over XBL on any other account, DRM is painfully rigid and all I can say is how Sony practically spoiled all of us with non-restricitve DRM policy, so when something like this happen on PS3 it becomes a Movement of Jah People - while nobody gives a crap about the same thing happening on the XBL as everyday praxis..

patsu

Can PD associate the DLC with 2 sets of keys ? One set for the owner account, and the other set for the PS3 hardware ? It would solve the problem, or at least alleviate the pain for some users.

About that one-use virtual paint, I think someone in PD is sleeping on the job. :p

Truespeed

patsu said:
Can PD associate the DLC with 2 sets of keys ? One set for the owner account, and the other set for the PS3 hardware ? It would solve the problem, or at least alleviate the pain for some users.

About that one-use virtual paint, I think someone in PD is sleeping on the job. :p

They could also just associate the DLC with the serial/ID of the system. That way you could share all of your DLC with as many accounts on your system and only your system.

Kaz_Yamauchi said:
The entitlement to these non-onetime DLC’s can’t be attributed to the PS3 console.

Well so much for that theory.

F#A#Oo said:
Some of you can find fault with anything...lol

So what if it's tied to one account? I mean seriously...do you cry like this with Steam?

It's different, steam games allow for saves on multiple slots (except some very rare occasions), so brothers/sisters/wives/roomates etc can all use the same account. Not the case with GT5.

patsu

Truespeed said:
They could also just associate the DLC with the serial/ID of the system. That way you could share all of your DLC with as many accounts on your system and only your system.

Well so much for that theory.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned they can use both systems at the same time. The entitlement system, which is based on user id and is playable with other users who don't have the maps.

A second follow-up check to deal with PS3 h/w should the user doesn't match.

mblitek

h3ro said:
I really wanted Spa today. :/

Same, but I just went online a couple hours ago and changed my server list to Europe and practically every room is Spa, it's great fun. Beautiful job to boot.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
It's different, steam games allow for saves on multiple slots (except some very rare occasions), so brothers/sisters/wives/roomates etc can all use the same account. Not the case with GT5.

Hmm...I see what you're saying but that's the issue with GT5 itself...not the DLC...PD needs to protect their game from people trading DLC around for fun...and in extreme cases actually profiting from it even with RL $$$ which already happen ofcourse but it's in their best interest to stop these things...

Top Bottom