• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Solal said:
Hi Amar,

I am a bit confused by your post. DO you mean that before Spec 2.0, the suspensions were not independant? Can you elaborate please?

Tx in advance.

Why do you care? You made it pretty clear you don't like GT5 and are never touching it again?

Or are you just looking for more reasons to stir shit? In which case, I think you're gonna be disappointed.

spats said:

Seems like the problem here is because they made it work as a service. Why not make it work like the pre-order and signature edition cars?

Solal

Dear Metalmurphy,

Why do you care what I care? If my concerns about GT5 hurt your feelings so much, why don't you just ignore my posts?

"@Kaz_Yamauchi Concerning the DLC. Why not make it work like the chrome/stealth cars where you download an "unlock key"?"

Lets see if he sees it and considers it.

Solal said:
Dear Metalmurphy,

Why do you care what I care? If my concerns about GT5 hurt your feelings so much, why don't you just ignore my posts?

Sounds fair.

wqFmQ.png

Xun

I thought anything you bought on PSN was attributed to the console?

I'm sure it's some lame pressure from Sony on PD.

BeeDog

I'm dead-tired now, so bear with me. I purchased the complete pack but I can't find shit. I don't have anything in my Download List, but I have four entries in the Services List.

How do I actually use the content in-game now? Can't seem to find Spa at all, nor any of the other stuff. :/

BeeDog said:
I'm dead-tired now, so bear with me. I purchased the complete pack but I can't find shit. I don't have anything in my Download List, but I have four entries in the Services List.

How do I actually use the content in-game now? Can't seem to find Spa at all, nor any of the other stuff. :/

Activate them in the big red button on GT5 main menu.

I guess it sucks people cant share there DLC with other people in there house but game sharers are skum and I dont pitty them one bit.

Sony should probably find a way to have a xbox Live account type deal with PSN accounts on Vita/ps4.

IE. you can only have your account active on one account at a time and all your DLC/games work on all accounts on that console. When your account is active on another console the DLC wont work.

Toxa

someone told me, in a private like GT5NRL if the host (the guy who join the room first) owns the DLC you can use spa and all DLC track :)

Toxa said:
someone told me, in a private like GT5NRL if the host (the guy who join the room) own the DLC you can use spa :)

Ofcourse. The lounge is just a "gateway", it's always the first one to join that's hosting everything.

Spa looks amazing!

offshore

gutterboy44 said:
So you can't gift the new dlc paint to friends?
Like Decarb said, you can't.

But hey, look on the bright side; if you use them all, you can just spend another $1.99 and buy the pack again! :lol

:/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
offshore said:
Kaz is tweeting about it.

"Resolving the problem with using the DLC on multiple accounts, is not simple."

"it would be best if we could attribute the entitlement to use the DLC items to multiple accounts in the same PS3....but there is nothing like that in the PSN setup, and we can only assign the entitlements per User ID."

FUUUUUUUUU NOOOOoooooooo!!!

I decided to log on GAF just seconds before clicking on BUY NOW and I read this :(

thank god I've not wasted my money but I really really wanted this DLC, this means I could possibly never be able to get GT5's DLC ever if they don't fix this crap... fuck, sooooo disappointed.

I'd love to download the pack but I'm afraid that I won't do much with it. I really want to like just driving around for the hell of it but the engine sounds are really detrimental to my driving experience.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
PjotrStroganov said:
I'd love to download the pack but I'm afraid that I won't do much with it. I really want to like just driving around for the hell of it but the engine sounds are really detrimental to my driving experience.

Yeah, I've said again and again that I'd pay good money for a REAL SOUNDS DLC pack.
PD really dropped the ball on sounds fx, annoying 'cause they're just as important as visuals for any car buffs out there.

MMurphy you should really point out the catch with accounts and DLC in the OP.

Bought the complete package: Some quick impressions:

+ Spa looks great!
+ Some really nice cars especially Mazda RX-7 is a great car too drive and sounds amazing
+ Kart tracks looking really nice
+ Weather effect and overcast on Spa

- Still some major tearing going on on 1080p ( start of Spa, second corner as you start the
track.... I hoped the would have fixed this by now :/ )
- Tearing at 720 is less, but still present
- Sounds of some cars are underwhelming
- No time setting for Spa ( would be great )

Angst

benzy said:
What's the NRL lounge?
OK, nrl lounge instead. Everybody that wants in add GT5NRL within the next 30 minutes and I'll accept you when I get home. Remember to give me your gaf handle so I know you're not a lurker... :)

Then join us by going to the account and the coffee cup.

Xun

Metalmurphy said:
The DLC works like a license and not a download, that's why it's account only.
I knew that, but surely there's a way to get around it?

Require another download to activate it or something.

Angst said:
OK, nrl lounge instead. Everybody that wants in add GT5NRL within the next 30 minutes and I'll accept you when I get home. Remember to give me your gaf handle so I know you're not a lurker... :)

Sent!

now to buy the DLC

PD needs to swallow their pride and just start copying existing models for game mechanics. The online, DLC, paint, tuning, oil change, car selection, events, gifting, XP, Cr., etc etc are all some bat shit insane concoction that only PD could come up with and any other dev trying this shit would be laughed off stage.

Oil changes are literally the only "tuning" that is quick and easy to do in real life, aside from washing the car, yet it is laborious to do such a simple task in a virtual environment.

Oh the PD rage is flowing pure today. Sorry, it is just one of those days where PD is my nemesis.

offshore

gutterboy44 said:
and any other dev trying this shit would be laughed off stage.
Indeed. Has anyone read the official PR for this DLC? :lol
A new 100-colour set of paints, that include new matte, chrome and polarised colours, makes up the ‘Special Paint Pack’. This will allow a new, unprecedented degree of personalisation within GT5.
Hey everyone, painting a car is now "unprecedented" personalisation! :lol

Hilarious.

Syn23 said:
Sorry MM, can I ask you what's your lap record with that GT-R R35 TC?

00:00'000
lol.gif

I only set up my wheel just now. Gonna do some runs, what tires btw? since we're comparing :p

offshore said:
Indeed. Has anyone read the official PR for this DLC? :lol

Hey everyone, painting a car is now "unprecedented" personalisation! :lol

Hilarious.
Well, new colors = unprecedented. But stupid PR talk is still stupid.

Metalmurphy said:
I like GT5s online model. I like it ALOT. Works like most PC sims. Keep matchmaking and silly modes away from GT5.

Come on man, you and I have done enough NGL races to know how many absurd hoops we have to jump through to get things like, syncing, grid order, qualifying, no black screen lock ups, event restrictions, etc. to work . It is very usable, but the amount of improvements they could make could fill the grand canyon.

gutterboy44 said:
Come on man, you and I have done enough NGL races to know how many absurd hoops we have to jump through to get things like, syncing, grid order, qualifying, no black screen lock ups, event restrictions, etc. to work . It is very usable, but the amount of improvements they could make could fill the grand canyon.

Have you raced recently? Syncing is gone, black screens are gone. Event restrictions we have more customization now, including no tunning, FINALLY.

Also those are just bugs, nothing to do with the "online model", which is awesome.

*edit* I just realized that the GT Tour cutscenes use your driver and not some default one. Now I keep seeing stig walking around
lol.gif

Metalmurphy said:
Have you raced recently? Syncing is gone, black screens are gone. Event restrictions we have more customization now, including no tunning, FINALLY.

Some of those have definitely been improved, but old habits die hard. I got kicked from a room because I was on track before the race start. People are still so worried about the old lock ups.

Not having a proper qualifying session where you can tune your car without exiting back is annoying.

jabuseika

Angst said:

Friend add sent on PSN: ikkir

Really disappointing we don't get the DLC yet, but at the same time not so with all the problems people are having.

Classic PD, can't do anything right when it comes to online. But it works so...

Top Bottom