• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

tusken77

Dibbz said:
My body is ready for the GAF weekend race at Spa.

6262063606_130a2e8ab7_z.jpg

Class! Great location and the driver admiring his vehicle from afar. Nice work :D

Dibbz

tusken77 said:
Class! Great location and the driver admiring his vehicle from afar. Nice work :D
Thanks man. Took me ages to actually figure out how to get my driver into the scene. Had to go to GTPlanet to figure it out. (press triangle after you have chosen your camera position in Photo Travel)

I was shocked to see they actually animate the driver and he shifts about. I love the little things PD does like this.

tusken77

Dibbz said:
Thanks man. Took me ages to actually figure out how to get my driver into the scene. Had to go to GTPlanet to figure it out. (press triangle after you have chosen your camera position in Photo Travel)

I was shocked to see they actually animate the driver and he shifts about. I love the little things PD does like this.

Yes, I haven't been in Photo Travel since Spec 2.0 hit. I've heard how you can position your driver but I never even considered the shot you've created. Having the guy in the foreground looking at the car way back there has inspired me to get into Photo Travel and start experimenting. :)

Metalmurphy said:
Canada / US = same region.
Well then, call it what it is... NA!

But seriously, I didn't think it was entirely the same. US PSN cards won't work on a CDN account and I swear I've had issues where I had to log into my US account just to redeem codes. Could be wrong, either way, going to play now!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Putty said:
"Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
We’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already,

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
-can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

And though we looked into this, unfortunately there’s no solution for crossing multiple regions.

I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.
"
I wonder what he means by "regions".
I could buy the dlc with my uk account and play with my italian account or not? Both are PAL.
I wonder if it's per country or "game regions" as in NA/EU/Asia

sublimit said:
Could someone please answer me this:
I have the pal version of the game and my account with the GT5 data is a UK one.

On that account billing information is not available so i can't purchase anything from PSN with a credit card.

But if i use a PSN card to put money into that account would i be able to get the DLC?

Also can i use a European PSN card (€) into my UK account or do i have to buy a PSN card from UK?

EU accounts and UK cards are NOT COMPATIBLE (and viceversa). If you buy a UK PSN card you'll need a proper UK account to redeem the code.

Dash Kappei said:
I wonder what he means by "regions".
I could buy the dlc with my uk account and play with my italian account or not? Both are PAL.
I wonder if it's per country or "game regions" as in NA/EU/Asia

EU accounts and UK cards are NOT COMPATIBLE (and viceversa). If you buy a UK PSN card you'll need a proper UK account to redeem the code.

After the update you can play with different accounts as long as they are from the same region. (PAL/NTSC/etc)

baekshi

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Is there a way to see the trailer in-game without having to always go through GT TV ?
Does it stream it everytime or once it downloads it is there for good even offline (can you even access gt tv offline)?
Once it downloads, it is on your game. Enable Intro from the option to see it everytime you launch your GT5, or you can play it at GTTV anytime after it is downloaded.

Xun

Dash Kappei said:
Is there a way to see the trailer in-game without having to always go through GT TV ?
Does it stream it everytime or once it downloads it is there for good even offline (can you even access gt tv offline)?
It becomes the default after you've downloaded it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
baekshi said:
Once it downloads, it is on your game. Enable Intro from the option to see it everytime you launch your GT5, or you can play it at GTTV anytime after it is downloaded.
Thanks.

Xun, what if I want to go back to the old one?

Watevaman

jabuseika said:
Stig? about to take someone out.
ikn6863nmXVnh.png

I've been staring at this forever and still don't know why the headlight is like that. I see the damaged bumper but why does that push metal over the light?

benzy

Watevaman said:
I've been staring at this forever and still don't know why the headlight is like that. I see the damaged bumper but why does that push metal over the light?

clipping issues.

Dead Man

Angst said:
QFT.

I get annoyed when people rage a lot, but I know most of us do it because they love the franchise. Dead Man and Gutterboy are good examples of this.
As long as you know it comes from love! I know I can be a broken record, I love the driving so much, I just want the rest to be that good. I have been trying to be more positive in my posts, but I just see so many missed opportunities.

hirokazu

gogogow said:
Yes, there is. I have the Asian version of RE5 and the DLC from the US store works.
Asian version is an exception as the disc contents are often identical to the US or Japanese version.

Melfice7

Just played GTHD and Prologue.. dear god the gameplay was awful O:

New time trial and drift seasonals are up (not spa :p)

Massa

I remember someone here having issues with the game just showing a black screen after the PD logo/seizure warnings. Now I'm getting the exact same thing.

I tried deleting the game data, did all the updates again and still got the black screen. Then I deleted the game data again and I tried booting it with the original version under a different PS3 account, same issue.

When I get home today I'm gonna try some of the recovery options, or maybe I'll try a new HD on the PS3 to see if it works. In any case, any tips are appreciated. :(

ruttyboy

Massa said:
I remember someone here having issues with the game just showing a black screen after the PD logo/seizure warnings. Now I'm getting the exact same thing.

I tried deleting the game data, did all the updates again and still got the black screen. Then I deleted the game data again and I tried booting it with the original version under a different PS3 account, same issue.

When I get home today I'm gonna try some of the recovery options, or maybe I'll try a new HD on the PS3 to see if it works. In any case, any tips are appreciated. :(

I had the same thing after updating, but after rebooting and leaving it for an hour it was fine. Personally I think it's a network issue, it's timing out trying to connect to the GT service and doesn't know how to deal with it.

Massa

ruttyboy said:
I had the same thing after updating, but after rebooting and leaving it for an hour it was fine. Personally I think it's a network issue, it's timing out trying to connect to the GT service and doesn't know how to deal with it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try unplugging my PS3 from the internet when I get home later today.

Watevaman

I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but I wish PD did something similar to CM and let us buy a DLC unlock ticket for all the racing gear. It's too random for my liking at the moment.

magawolaz

gogogow said:
No Spa seasonal because there isn't one, but Drift Trial should be there, according to the
news update, where the hell is it?
I mean, I hoped PD introduced new seasonal events with at least one race @ Spa.

Drift trials are vanished, I don't know why. Maybe they found glitch/bug? Anyway I suck at drifting, so it's not big deal...lol

Angst

magawolaz said:

Drift trials are vanished, I don't know why. Maybe they found glitch/bug? Anyway I suck at drifting, so it's not big deal...lol
So did I, but this helped me a lot.

Play with DS3, not a wheel. Turn controller sensitivity all the way up.

Angst said:
So did I, but this helped me a lot.

Play with DS3, not a wheel. Turn controller sensitivity all the way up.

This x 1000

I just started trying drifting with the last seasonal.

Spent 2 hours trying to bronze with a wheel. Switched to the DS3, bronzed it in 15 minutes

tusken77

magawolaz said:

Yep, apparently there's something wrong with the drift trial. This is in the news list now...

"Notice: Cancellation of Seasonal Event

We have discovered a problem in the Gran Turismo Seasonal Event, 'Drift Trial No. 21' that was available from the 20th October. The availability of this event has therefore been restricted for the time being. We will be re-releasing this event as soon as the issue has been corrected. We apologise for this inconvenience."

Top Bottom