• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

tusken77

SunhiLegend said:
My God PD never seize to amaze with the constant updates. Another update in December with possibly more DLC this year. I don't think I'll ever stop playing this game.

They should bring it a week forward. Release it on November 24th. One year anniversary dlc. :D

ruttyboy

cutmeamango said:
A 100 paint set costs $1,99, If I'm able to get 5 sets of that per console and send it all to 1 account, I just saved myself roughly 8 dollars. Now if I were to send this sets to other people, they just got content for free, which is profit.

Ignoring the hilarious decision to make the paint one-use, it was my understanding that you can't trade the paint anyway making the whole issue redundant?

patsu

gutterboy44 said:
I think only drift and time trial have rankings. I can't believe no one thinks it is lame that every single seasonal is identical. Start last, finish first. How about start in first in a lesser car, defend to stay on podium. Pass three cars in one lap, any of countless variable that are possible for an event. The A-spec and Seasonal offering is what GT has been doing since GT1 and woefully unimaginative.

Well there is also Special Events !

If you want more variety in seasonal event, I think you should tweet KY about it ! He seems to be pretty receptive.

ruttyboy said:
Ignoring the hilarious decision to make the paint one-use, it was my understanding that you can't trade the paint anyway making the whole issue redundant?

I haven't bought the DLC yet (delay grrr) but from what I understood on GTPlanet you can't dupe it, but you can gift it?

dwebo

cutmeamango said:
I haven't bought the DLC yet (delay grrr) but from what I understood on GTPlanet you can't dupe it, but you can gift it?
Duping involves gifting, last I checked. In any case, can you even buy multiple copies of the paint pack, or any pack? I thought someone said you couldn't a few pages back.

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Erm... when was the last time you played GT5?
Two months ago. GT5 stuck in my dead PS3, still not got the disc back, so in the meantime I've been playing Prologue.

Seriously, people should pop Prologue back in the PS3. It's amazing how much better it is game-wise, UI-wise and event wise. Don't understand why GT5's career couldn't be designed like 5P's C,B,A and S class events, with a mixture of races, time trials and challenges in each one.

patsu

offshore said:
Well Prologue is the better game, so no surprise to see it above GT5...

No magnetised walls for one thing...

GT5 is better than GTP for many reasons though. Is wall really magnetized in GT5 ? ^_^

Angst

offshore said:
Two months ago. GT5 stuck in my dead PS3, still not got the disc back, so in the meantime I've been playing Prologue.

Seriously, people should pop Prologue back in the PS3. It's amazing how much better it is game-wise, UI-wise and event wise. Don't understand why GT5's career couldn't be designed like 5P's C,B,A and S class events, with a mixture of races, time trials and challenges in each one.
Just no. I hated the career and the UI sucks. Weird garage and PS2 like save system. And the physics (you know, the thing that matters) is so much better in 5.

patsu

Wax Free Vanilla said:
It also looks a lot better than GT5.

It may look more consistent and simpler than GT5 because of the small car selection, tracks, and effects.

If the menu system and packaging is better in GTP, then GT5 should steal them. The GT5 core is better.

Metalmurphy said:
If you can gift it then you can dupe it :p

dwebo said:
Duping involves gifting, last I checked. In any case, can you even buy multiple copies of the paint pack, or any pack? I thought someone said you couldn't a few pages back.

But to dupe don't you need the car with the paint chip? I meant gifting the actual paint chip, unused. But a quick search told me they are not giftable anyway.
Disregard me then!

offshore

patsu said:
Is wall really magnetized in GT5 ? ^_^
Absolutely.

Tap the wall on Daytona and you're stuck to it for five seconds and you instantly lose the draft. Of course, the reason they introduced magnestised walls was because Polyphony's damage model and collision physics are totally broken, so people were just hugging the wall to grind with no loss of speed.

But that impacts races. Go and watch any real life NASCAR race and you will always see drivers tapping the wall. But they don't lose significant speed and can easily keep pace; in GT5, if you tap the wall you become stuck to it, and you have to slow right down to get unstuck.

It's a mess, and it's a mess because PD's damage model and collision physics are totally and utterly broken.

patsu

offshore said:
Absolutely.

Tap the wall on Daytona and you're stuck to it for five seconds and you instantly lose the draft. Of course, the reason they introduced magnestised walls was because Polyphony's damage model and collision physics are totally broken, so people were just hugging the wall to grind with no loss of speed.

But that impacts races. Go and watch any real life NASCAR race and you will always see drivers tapping the wall. But they don't lose significant speed and can easily keep pace; in GT5, if you tap the wall you become stuck to it, and you have to slow right down to get unstuck.

It's a mess, and it's a mess because PD's damage model and collision physics are totally and utterly broken.

I doubt it. *ALL* collision and damage models always have edge cases. When they break down in these edge cases, it doesn't mean they are broken overall.

Were people abusing wall bumps before ?

offshore said:
Absolutely.

Please stop saying nonsense. You don't get stuck to walls. What you're probably describing is when you do get to a wall during a turn in an oval track, but what you probably seem to be forgetting is the cars momentum/speed/understeer keeps throwing you back to the wall. That's supposed to happen. Go in a straight line and see if you get stuck in a wall.

As for loosing more speed then you should, it's pretty obvious why it happens.

patsu said:
Were people abusing wall bumps before ?

Ding!

dwebo

Angst said:
Just no. I hated the career and the UI sucks. Weird garage and PS2 like save system. And the physics (you know, the thing that matters) is so much better in 5.
Meh, the career was basically the same - do events, unlock more events, repeat. The pass x amount of cars in a lap was kind of annoying, but now that's basically every seasonal race in GT5. UI is just the pre-GT Life screen in GT5, which some might consider an improvement. Don't remember what was weird about the garage, though I do remember not having to worry about oil changes or engine/chassis rebuilds, so there's that. Also, I'd love if GT5 had the option to manually save instead, as my save is still over 3mb after spec2.0 and it still saves after just about everything. Not really qualified to speak about the physics, though I didn't notice a huge difference. Also, it took a few months for GT5 to get performance points, and even longer to get multiple specs per car, both of which were in Prologue.

Not saying it's the better game overall, mind.

offshore

dwebo said:
Also, it took a few months for GT5 to get performance points, and even longer to get multiple specs per car, both of which were in Prologue.
Also, cars were reasonably priced, there was no "Top Menu", it loads faster, you get the photo locations in the background that look gorgeous.

It's just the better game.
Angst said:
Weird garage and PS2 like save system.
That's another thing. You could turn Auto save in Prologue off; you can't in GT5.

dwebo

offshore said:
Oh c'mon, it had like 70 cars and 5 tracks. Speaking of, I'm still bummed GT5 doesn't have the much neater track selection of Prologue - pick location, then pick layout. Actually, I also really miss those live-video intros for each track. I loved those for some reason.

Damn, now I kind of want to download Prologue again.

patsu

offshore said:
Of course.

GT Academy Course Re-change Notice

That is why these magnetised walls have been introduced.

Then that's your answer. The collisions and physics models (should) work as expected.

I suspect if people have specific complains and twit KY, we may get more effective outcome than over-generalizing.

EDIT:
offshore said:
Also, cars were reasonably priced, there was no "Top Menu", it loads faster, you get the photo locations in the background that look gorgeous.

That's another thing. You could turn Auto save in Prologue off; you can't in GT5.

It seems that GT5P is more user friendly, not necessarily the better game. All PD needs to do is to improve usability in GT5 more.

Great news about all the DLC. I for one am really pleased with GT5. I'm having a blast with the Seasonal Events.

However, out of the blue I received the Sebastian Vettel 2010X Red Bull car... and it has completely spoiled me.

CozMick

Banned
Not sure if people know this but...

Paints can be rebought from the Playstation Store and will be added to the amount you already have.

I just bought another set of 100 colors for £1.59 and I now have 2 illuminus oranges!!!

Fuck YEAH!!

Should be the same for cars also, that's if someone has the cash to splash until the December update :)

Also, I'm outta this thread until the bullshit subsides...

Prologue better than GT5, :lol, what an utter, utter pile of wank!

bonesmccoy said:
Great news about all the DLC. I for one am really pleased with GT5. I'm having a blast with the Seasonal Events.

However, out of the blue I received the Sebastian Vettel 2010X Red Bull car... and it has completely spoiled me.

It's because Vettle won the F1 championship.

CozMick said:

Paints can be rebought from the Playstation Store and will be added to the amount you already have.

I just bought another set of 100 colors for £1.59 and I now have 2 illuminus oranges!!!

Fuck YEAH!!

Should be the same for cars also, that's if someone has the cash to splash until the December update :)

Dude! Noooo!

spwolf

patsu said:
It may look more consistent and simpler than GT5 because of the small car selection, tracks, and effects.

If the menu system and packaging is better in GTP, then GT5 should steal them. The GT5 core is better.

it had way less options so it was simple... but few usual people complain about usual stuff, nothing new here :).

darkwing

CozMick said:

Fuck YEAH!!

wow so you can buy the same cars and gift them?

for GT6 they should really sort out the paint system.

Having rare one use paints is cool and all but there should be a selection of paints you can buy from GT auto you can use as much as you want.

Maybe have a paint shop that sells random colors on different days as well

patsu

They don't have to wait until GT6. They only need to introduce $0 paint in GT5.

EDIT: It should be possible to do a lot of things in GT5 "as is". I think the problem is PD has other ideas. If enough people twit KY directly, then it may change PD's priority.

patsu

dwebo said:
Yeah, but my wheel setup is still in the closet, and I'm terrible, so I really probably wouldn't notice. Youtube saves me from PSN download speeds, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkeJslC_3Q

Less nifty than I remember them, sadly.

My wheel setup is in my trunk. Just got it back from a friend who "stole" it.

They say Spec 2.0 has more subtle controls. Was going to try yesterday but I guess I can wait until next week together with the DLC.

I see Kaz has gone on a tweeting spree and will get fixed all(?) the problems with the DLC in TWO days.

Thank God he started using twitter and his english skills.

:bow Kaz

CozMick said:

Fuck YEAH!!

Also, I'm outta this thread until the bullshit subsides...

Prologue better than GT5, :lol, what an utter, utter pile of wank!

Sweet. Don't have to bother with duping now.

2scoops

Ok, so another question for those who have the DLC cars, it was mentioned that they can be painted. Can the wheels can be painted/changed as well?

Sporran

not sure if its been mentioned, this thread just grows

But for us PSN plus suscribers were getting a refund of the difference :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...tore-update-19th-october-2011/#comment-188650

GT5 DLC Update!

I am happy to inform all the plus members who bought the new GT5 DLC before the plus discount had taken effect that you will be creditied the difference between the standard pricing and plus dicsount pricing to your wallets. However this process will take some time so we do ask for your patience in this matter.

Sorry for the delay with this information but I have been waiting for confirmation.

Top Bottom