• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Syn23

offshore said:
Select track in Arcade mode then click Course Guide.
Thanks.
They could have integrated them somehow in the GT mode, I bet the vast majority of the ones who played GT5 have never seen them.

EDIT:
dwebo said:
Just in case - video says GT5 mistakenly, but those were only in prologue.
oh well, now it makes more sense.

spats

Sporran said:
not sure if its been mentioned, this thread just grows

But for us PSN plus suscribers were getting a refund of the difference :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...tore-update-19th-october-2011/#comment-188650

spats said:
SCEE should give a refund. They announced a + discount but no such thing existed when the packs went up yesterday. I just assumed that somebody fucked up again and the discount was supposed to be a US exclusive.

Bollocks said:
Discount for what? For their own stupidity? I too contemplated but it was announced on the blog so I knew it was coming, how about to wait a day or two.
I bought the DLC today with the discount applied to it, I have nothing but laughs for my PSN+ fellows who bought it yesterday full price.

lol

Technically they wouldn't be obligated to refund anything but I had a feeling they wouldn't go the complete douche route about it.

gogogow

Risk Breaker said:
I see Kaz has gone on a tweeting spree and will get fixed all(?) the problems with the DLC in TWO days.

Thank God he started using twitter and his english skills.

:bow Kaz
You mean in two MONTHS.

Kaz said:
Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts, we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already, can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

magawolaz

2scoops said:
Ok, so another question for those who have the DLC cars, it was mentioned that they can be painted. Can the wheels can be painted/changed as well?
Yes, DLC cars can be painted, stock wheels can be painted (at least on the R33, if I'm not mistaken), and you can change the rims (and obviously paint the new rims).

2scoops

magawolaz said:
Yes, DLC cars can be painted, stock wheels can be painted (at least on the R33, if I'm not mistaken), and you can change the rims (and obviously paint the new rims).

Awesome. Thank you

-Amon-

Metalmurphy said:
So it took them 1 day to acknowledge the problem, and get working on a fix for it.

Compare that to any other company, I dare you.

But ofc, it's easier to shit on Kaz and PD for their "bullshit"

Don't go mad on this, only the best are nitpicked this way.

tusken77

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/10/19/polyphony-solve-gt5-dlc-lockdown-issue/

Kaz Yamauchi has pledged to solve the problem with locked-down single PSN ID Gran Turismo 5 DLC in a series of explanatory tweets this afternoon.

We reported this morning that purchases of the DLC were locked to a single PSN user, which caused considerable upset amongst those of us that – for example – buy on one account and play on another.

“Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts,” he said, “we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already can receive a free ‘family upgrade’ in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.”

“And though we looked into this,” continued the Polyphony head, “unfortunately there’s no solution for crossing multiple regions. I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.”

“People who bought the DLC cars will have those cars added to the dealers in the December update.”

He also teased a special Christmas present for those that have purchased ‘multiple DLC’.

He did?

Angst

-Amon- said:
Don't go mad on this, only the best are nitpicked this way.
QFT.

I get annoyed when people rage a lot, but I know most of us do it because they love the franchise. Dead Man and Gutterboy are good examples of this.

darkwing

Mascot said:
Is Spa integrated into the career at all, or is it just for arcade/online races (and probably seasonals)?

just for arcade/online races atm but i'm pretty sure there will be seasonals based on it

Mascot

Metalmurphy said:
The latter. And no seasonals for Spa yet, but we haven't gotten a new one so far.

Cool, thanks. I'll still pick it up (it's SPA, for crying out loud :lol), but it's a shame it's not seamlessly integrated. No back door I guess.

tusken77

spats said:

Ooooh. "Don't get your hopes up too high". So, a modest gift. A special car, perhaps?

2nuki08.jpg

What have you got for us, Kaz?

AndyD

aka andydumi
So in this DLC batch we got Spa, a cool looking kart track, about 15 cars, and 100 or so items.

What do you think we will get next? 2 classic tracks, another 15 or so cars, and another 100 or so items?

I wish they would provide a better roadmap. Should we expect weekly, monthly, quarterly DLC?

mblitek

tusken77 said:
Ooooh. "Don't get your hopes up too high". So, a modest gift. A special car, perhaps?

2nuki08.jpg

What have you got for us, Kaz?

Is that the actual pic tied to the tweet? Could it be the new SLS AMG Black Series?

S. L.

mblitek said:
Is that the actual pic tied to the tweet? Could it be the new SLS AMG Black Series?
no pic in the tweet, so i guess a santa outfit or something along those lines would be reasonable to expect

anddo0

Metalmurphy said:
It was, got delayed. You're getting an extra Stealth car if you buy the bundle as a compensation.

Thanks. My internet was down so this is news to me... Oh well, gives me time to sneak in an endurance race or two.

hirokazu

Putty said:
"Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
We’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already,

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
-can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

And though we looked into this, unfortunately there’s no solution for crossing multiple regions.

I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.
"
That's great. That sounds like how all other DLC works. Again, I respect that Kaz listens to the fans on this sort of thing.

Sorry for the rage dumps earlier. I was at work and was pissed off about 20 other things. When I rant I talk about things I generally think are issues PD and therefore the community would all benefit from. I have put more hours in to GT5 than probably all my other ps3 games combined. Sometimes I have a more level head other times I just get so frustrated with the constant battle between brilliant game moments and mind numbing design decisions. Lastly I will add that this has been going on since GT2 for me. Once again sorry for mucking up the thread with hate. I need to go to a spa to relax.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Was this posted? US users get a free Nissan GTR GT500 Stealth model with the conclusion of that Speed show.

nissan-gtr-gt500-stealth-model-gt5.jpg

Here's the code: RD69-FJN9-5N6Q

tusken77

AndyD said:
So in this DLC batch we got Spa, a cool looking kart track, about 15 cars, and 100 or so items.

What do you think we will get next? 2 classic tracks, another 15 or so cars, and another 100 or so items?

I wish they would provide a better roadmap. Should we expect weekly, monthly, quarterly DLC?

Wishful thinking but I'd like to see this dlc on a quarterly basis: one or possibly two tracks in the Track Pack, 12 cars in the Car Pack, Paint/Items Packs.

Top Bottom