• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

KKRT00

offshore said:
Online needs a colossal overhaul with GT6.
Really? I always liked the Online implementation of GT, it lacks some advanced options for tournaments and such, but lobby its great.
What would You changed/add the most?

And btw i know thats not a thread for that, but what have changed in FM 4 online options? Because from what i saw, Forza 3 had really limited ones. [i'll probably play FM 4 in week or two thats why i'm asking]

web01

Online is a mess in some aspects, why do the implement stupid restrictions and lack basic features and options still after a year?

Why can I not drive my F10 if it is not a one make only race?
Why is there no option for Formula GT only?
Why can I not select a car as host that is rented to all players if they do not have it?

Lots of stupid choices that make it hard for a player to set up races with friends especially if they are casual players.

Another thing you should be able to do is set up playlists of tracks and settings that cycle like a server.

offshore

spats said:
Kaz shared this video on Twitter, very cool comparison between the GT5 Nordschleife and real life.
First thing I noticed was that GT5's GT-R is missing the limiter lights. Sure it's trivial, but Polyphony are all about the detail.
ttVCi.png

What would You changed/add the most?
Not necessarily added, but no-one can tell me that the way sharing photos, courses, cars, messages, gifts etc, are currently implemented is the best solution. With GT6, everyone needs their own online space, like Forza's Storefront, where these things can be shared and seen easily. Integration, not segregation.

amar212

darkwing said:
I agree, GT wouldn't really work with matchmaking, its so so unlike Kaz

I don't agree. We basically had a matchmaking-sytem in Prologue and it was a pretty good one.

Official races with strict entry restrictions, divided into Amateur/Normal/Professional tiers, with weekly/monthly changes for races/Time Trials. It was great way for daily pick-up-and-play and I really hope something along that lines will live again in GT5 online.

web01 said:
Why can I not select a car as host that is rented to all players if they dot have it?

Another thing you should be able to do is set up playlists of tracks and settings that cycle like a server.

Agree, both options are one I really seek for.

offshore said:
Not necessarily added, but no-one can tell me that the way sharing photos, courses, cars, messages, gifts etc, are currently implemented is the best solution. With GT6, everyone needs their own online space, like Forza's Storefront, where these things can be shared and seen easily. Integration, not segregation.

From my perspective, everything is already well integrated. Current state of GT5 online is very good and thought-out, especially the community features. However, I agree it requires some polishing.

At this point, it lacks only option to send replay-files which would be great, but you can understand the problem because 10+players races on 10 laps occupies more than 10MB in size. I presume how PSN servers have some limitations over message-size, but in grand-scheme it is probably the next step.

In this moment, everything in GT5 is already established as a Club/Storefront. I have 97 friends on my GT5 list, they all share up to 6 cars and up to 6 B-Spec drivers that can be used for making money or leveling up your driver. We all can send ourselves cars/paints/tune-parts/gear and we do so. All of us flawlessly share courses we make in Course Maker and we also use them flawlessly in online races.

Photos can easily be shared either by game-interface or by online-profile on GT5 official pages, no problem there.

Log system allows to track other people performance on daily basis, we can send each others mails/messages through both PS3 or PC interface by simple logging on GT5 official page. Also, we can remotely host Remote Races from work or smartphones and make serious money/XP in online without even being home.

I find GT5 online options as a perfect foundation for future development and I can predict it will be done even during GT5 lifetime.

theRizzle

Man, reading this thread is making me so jealous.

I just got GT5 a couple weeks ago but due to my atrocious internet situation, I am still playing 1.0 with no chance of upgrading in the near future. I even had to surrender my office to my girlfriend, so my barely used G27 is sitting in a box. Feels bad man.

At least I can do lots of B-Spec grinding... I guess?

spats

theRizzle said:

I just got GT5 a couple weeks ago but due to my atrocious internet situation, I am still playing 1.0 with no chance of upgrading in the near future. I even had to surrender my office to my girlfriend, so my barely used G27 is sitting in a box. Feels bad man.

I don't mean to rub it in, but I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like to go back to 1.0 after a year's worth of updates including Spec 2.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
offshore said:
First thing I noticed was that GT5's GT-R is missing the limiter lights. Sure it's trivial, but Polyphony are all about the detail.
ttVCi.png

I actually think it can be disabled in the GT-R because it's an auto, at the end of the day.

MutFox

Banned
patsu said:
I thought it's GPS controlled ? If the car is on a race track, the limiter light won't turn on ?

Yes, when on a track, the limiter will turn off.
It is GPS based.

Not sure if the light will be on or off when on a track though.

I'll let you guys know when/if I own a GTR. (Or use Google)

chifanpoe

patsu said:
I thought it's GPS controlled ? If the car is on a race track, the limiter light won't turn on ?

I Japan the GTR had a speed limiter that was GPS controlled, i think it was like 111mph(confirmed from later Engadget post) or so until it got onto a race track.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:
Probably a bug. Or because the GTR-35 deserves the #1?
So you can confirm you can't change it as well?
Wish someone would tweet Kaz about it... It irks me, I want my 77 on there :p

theRizzle

spats said:
I don't mean to rub it in, but I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like to go back to 1.0 after a year's worth of updates including Spec 2.

That's what I gather from having sifted through both GT5 OTs since picking up the game. Fortunately, (unfortunately?), I haven't even seen anything from any version past 1.0, so I have no idea what I'm missing.

The thing that I am missing out on the most is Remote Racing. Since I have recently lost my space for my G27 setup, I have no other choice but to do B-Spec stuff, and since I'm still at 1.0, that means doing it all by hand in front of my PS3.

tusken77

theRizzle said:

When/if you get your internet, office and G27 back, make sure you have a seat belt too. Buckle yourself in, you're in for a helluva ride with today's GT5. :)

offshore

AlphaSnake said:
I actually think it can be disabled in the GT-R because it's an auto, at the end of the day.
Yeah, it probably is that. There's this video where it doesn't come on in automatic (but you can clearly see the band where the light would come on), and then this video where the light does. But I've never noticed it working in any GT-R model in GT5.

No biggie of course, but it's something I noticed. Although no doubt about it, having fully functional working gauges and dashboard lights is one of things I love most about GT5.
extremepabs said:
How big is the dlc bundle?
Tiny, as it's just an unlock code.

Smokey

So I haven't played since maybe the first month of release. What is SP drastically different now about the game? Can someone provide a summary of the bigger stuff? Id love to give it another chance...I bought a g27 just for this gm ;/

Smokey said:
So I haven't played since maybe the first month of release. What is SP drastically different now about the game? Can someone provide a summary of the bigger stuff? Id love to give it another chance...I bought a g27 just for this gm ;/

There's weekly events now and you can buy upgrades directly from the tune menu.

Nothing in A-spec has changed.

chubigans said:
YES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I seriously hope they save GT6 for PS4 and just give us loads of DLC.

Well, with that announcement I'm ready to believe that GT6 is indeed for the next generation. I wasn't so sure before.

Niks

Metalmurphy said:
Well, with that announcement I'm ready to believe that GT6 is indeed for the next generation. I wasn't so sure before.

Yeah, seems that way.
GT6 in 3 years for PS4.

Az

offshore said:
There's hope for the HSV yet :^)

I am so in love with that car, I would spend my 8 mil on it. But I was the same
way with the LF-A and actually don't enjoy driving it anymore at all.

offshore

Goldrusher said:
Oh, harsh GIF is harsh
KuGsj.gif

As long as all this DLC is sensibly priced I don't mind. It's not like you need to buy all of it anyway. I still think £3.19 just for Spa alone is good buy. They could have easily just made it part of the bundle, or charged a lot more. TBH I wouldn't have put it past other devs to charge more for such an iconic track.

Really really hoping a GT5-Spec Midfield comes along though. And a Pennzoil GT-R. My favourite combo back in GT4.

offshore said:
Really really hoping a GT5-Spec Midfield comes along though. And a Pennzoil GT-R. My favourite combo back in GT4.

Playstation Chronicle interview

Kaz: We hadn't planned on covering all the famous (GT) courses. We knew that Trial Mountain and Deep Forest were popular tracks, but does everyone want Midfield? It is possible to make.

Top Bottom