• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hell yeah.
Hope they also make an A-Spec pack with everything that hits DLC, and tons of seasonals using the DLC packs.
More than anything I want DLC european cars for fuck's sake, cars selection and sound are the only things I think are very subpar compared to Forza 4. I'll probably buy every DLC track pack they release if they keep pricing them as €4 for a big track plus a middle/small one.

Dibbz

Just had an idea. SSR5 with day night change. Would be amazing to see the city wake up and go to sleep if you get me.

3667056146_32f3e0e00c.jpg

6267151925_2a88ef0206_b.jpg

benzy

Dibbz said:
Just had an idea. SSR5 with day night change. Would be amazing to see the city wake up and go to sleep if you get me.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2568/3667056146_32f3e0e00c.jpg

[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6166/6267151925_2a88ef0206_b.jpg[/QUOTE]

In addition to time change, I'd go a step further and would like to see a huge city track. They could just expand on Hong Kong, give it less 90 degree turns and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NybTEjOXPfA&feature=related]make it more like this[/url], or just make a super long SSR stage with [url=http://youtu.be/tPDiJyRQtGs]long twisty bridges, ramps, and underground tunnels[/url].

gate777

Damn, GT5 just keeps getting better and better. I'm going to flood the GT5 Screenshot thread as soon as I get my DLC (all of it of course).

RankoSD

From the next year Pikes Peak will no longer have two different surfaces.

Do it now PD.

But I still wouldn't mind the full asphalt version, and judging from the Spa DLC even if we get the Pikes Peak sometime in the next year there is probably a good chance it will still have two different surfaces :)

tusken77

Xun said:
Aww yeah, more packs!

I wonder if there's anymore tracks in the Spec 2.0 download...

It's an intriguing thought. We could all have yet to be revealed tracks just sat there in our PS3s silently waiting to be raced on.

Dash Kappei

So can you guys check if you're allowed to change GT-R35's number on your DLC?
As I've said it isn't possible at least on my copy, wanna find out if it's a bug I've triggered somehow or just doesn't work (tweet Kaz about that then, dear Tweeter's GAF users :D)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dash Kappei said:
As I've said it isn't possible at least on my copy, wanna find out if it's a bug I've triggered somehow or just doesn't work (tweet Kaz about that then, dear Tweeter's GAF users :D)
I've heard about that bug elsewhere, so I don't think it's just you. NA user here so I can't check. :(

DonMigs85

Guys, assuming you're using standard 5400RPM HDDs, how long does it take you to load certain tracks?
Just trying to see if I'm within the norm.

Dash Kappei

chubigans said:
I've heard about that bug elsewhere, so I don't think it's just you. NA user here so I can't check. :(
Thanks! Somehow I'm relieved :)
Btw, hang in there buddy, few more days! The wait will ne worth it I promise, did you already have a go at Spa online? Btw, i LOVE the new more powerful 125cc cart and I never noticed before you could also change the limiter on karts to let em have higher peak speed! Awesome, can't wait for a proper 16 karts race with you guys!

Dash Kappei

DonMigs85 said:
Guys, assuming you're using standard 5400RPM HDDs, how long does it take you to load certain tracks?
There was a comparison made by broatkasten and Metalmurphy a few pages ago, I think four or five days ago?
See if you can find that, try google "Neogaf GT5 Metalmurphy load the track took 3 seconds", (or 3sec) I remember him saying something like that while having that discussion.

Mxrz

About over my butthurt at the full price OCD, so I went to buy the DLC in NA, and yeah.

More DLC? I wonder if they'll ever do just a big track pack. I really just want full weather/time on all tracks. I'd pay for that. Driving at night is like sexilicous in this game, it just needs more track variety.

Anyway, someone get on twitter and tell Kaz to bring back Seattle.

This game will go down as one of the very few examples this generation of a title that was met with skepticism and disappointment at launch and consistently improved months after release.

I assume that all the gameplay data Kaz gets from Prologue and GT5 players will help him focus better on GT6. It would interesting to see the average number of plays for different tracks and cars. I can imagine that some cars have as little as 1% usage from players. I wonder how Kaz and his team would interpret that kind of data? Also the single player A-Spec data must show that 75% of players just use over spec'd cars to win most events and don't proceed beyond a certain point.

Am I over estimating the breadth of data GT5 uploads from our machines?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dash Kappei said:
Thanks! Somehow I'm relieved :)
Btw, hang in there buddy, few more days! The wait will ne worth it I promise, did you already have a go at Spa online? Btw, i LOVE the new more powerful 125cc cart and I never noticed before you could also change the limiter on karts to let em have higher peak speed! Awesome, can't wait for a proper 16 karts race with you guys!
gahahgahgh I cant wait! I did check out Spa online, and it was amazing.

Mush

The news that multiple DLC packs are coming is nice and all, but I won't believe it until I hear it straight from Kaz himself.

/pessimism

Radec

Just rewatched the intro..

Man, Spec II Intro is really really great. Goddamn.

Anybody know the name of the song on the 2nd part?

Dibbz

Mush said:
Say whaaaaaaaa?!
I think Kaz said there was an update coming in December and that the DLC locked to one account would be fix with that update. I don't think he specifically mentioned new DLC but I may be wrong.

tusken77

Mush said:
Say whaaaaaaaa?!

As Dibbz said, Kaz tweeted there's an update coming in December, (Christmas, the time of giving, and one year anniversary). The guys in the video have confirmed batches of dlc are on their way. I've perhaps added two and two and made five....but hopefully not. :)

spats

Radec said:
Just rewatched the intro..

Man, Spec II Intro is really really great. Goddamn.

Anybody know the name of the song on the 2nd part?

It's a remix of 5OUL ON D!SPLAY by Daiki Kasho.

tusken77

DonMigs85 said:

Name a track and I'll give you a time.

Polyphony

Has anybody tried scanning the QR code on one of the DLC cars?

Also, you can race the new karts on the Ring?

KartRingRod.jpg

(Still waiting for tuesday to get the DLC here in NA.)

Manp

Dash Kappei said:

can't change the number here either. i don't think it's a bug, but by design.

:)

Dibbz

Risk Breaker said:
So we want SSR11 with dynamic time of day. Right?

Right?

You hear me Kaz? SSR11!!!! :(
This is in the Spec 2 intro. It's not SSR11 but it looks like some sort of highway track at dusk and dawn.

gt5_x1_spec28khe.gif

gt5_bmw_spec2zjwp.gif

I just hope it's not a photo travel location like the drag strip on the Red Bull location turned out to be.

Dibbz said:
This is in the Spec 2 intro. It's not SSR11 but it looks like some sort of highway track at dusk and dawn.

gt5_x1_spec28khe.gif

gt5_bmw_spec2zjwp.gif

I just hope it's not a photo travel location like the drag strip on the Red Bull location turned out to be.

Meh, we've seen so many tracks before in trailers/intros that never made it to the game that I'm sure that's just a quick scene they put together just for the intro.

Metalmurphy said:
Meh, we've seen so many tracks before in trailers/intros that never made it to the game that I'm sure that's just a quick scene they put together just for the intro.

I don't think they'd do that again, would they?
Would they? :/

There's also the black and white shot of it earlier on, showing all the distance markers.

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah I know. When I saw it first thing I thought was I bet this will never make it into the game because of how simple the scene looks but still looking back at the intro this scene was added which looks similar location wise in the fact that both roads are in the middle of nowhere. Other than that the roads are not similar but it's interesting.

6269971077_cf2e714deb_b.jpg

Syn23

Can someone explain me how the time progression slider exactly works? Is 1=real time, 10=10xreal time and so on or not?

Syn23 said:
Can someone explain me how the time progression slider exactly works? Is 1=real time, 10=10xreal time and so on or not?

real minutes : simulated minutes

So if you put 1:60, 1 real minute = one hour in the game.

Top Bottom