• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

lionelhutz said:
Thanks for the wheel replies. I've read that the G27 shifter is just up and down and not in an H pattern. Can anyone confirm? Are the paddle shifters any good?

It is the opposite. G27 is just the H patter, no Up and Down (sequential). Both have the same paddle shifters and pedals (slight difference is you can adjust the spacing of the G27 pedals)

offshore

262rwco.gif

Genius :^)

Anilusion

So I just bought the DLC, but where can I find the new stuff? I found the clothes and helms, but where can I find the cars and paints?

offshore

Anilusion said:
So I just bought the DLC, but where can I find the new stuff? I found the clothes and helms, but where can I find the cars and paints?
Have you imported them with the import button? Cars are in car delivery, you'll need to redeem the ticket.

lionelhutz

gutterboy44 said:
It is the opposite. G27 is just the H patter, no Up and Down (sequential). Both have the same paddle shifters and pedals (slight difference is you can adjust the spacing of the G27 pedals)

Good to hear. Is the clutch actually needed for the shifter?

-Amon-

lionelhutz said:

No, you can change gears with the shifter without pressing the clutch if you never press the pedal once on track.

From the moment you press the clutch it activates and you have to press it to change gears till you exit from the session.

-Amon-

However you can change using the paddles if you're not interested in using the clutch. Don't see the point in using a gated shifter without the clutch, but to each his own :)

Theonik

lionelhutz said:
No, you have to enable it manually with the triangle button for each race. Once you do you can disable it at any time with the triangle button.
Ravage said:
I'm not sure why, but this made me laugh uncontrollably for a good minute or so ^^

Completely lost my shit @1:26.
I burst in laughter when
the Daihatsu logo appeared at the end

Anilusion

I have a Logitech Formula Force GP which apparently works for GT5. How do I set it up though? It's obviously not plug and play because it doesn't do anything in game, and it's not listed in the steering wheel options. Some help, please?

edit: plugged it in to another USB port and it worked <.<

GT5 Laguna Seca vs. Real Life (using an Audi R8)

The november issue of Wheels magazine (Australia) takes an Audi R8 V10 to Laguna Seca, both in GT5 and in reality. I wrote the article. Okay, not a new idea, it's been done in magazines and top gear tv before but not with GT5. And anyway who wouldn't grab the chance to have an Audi R8 and Laguna Seca all to yourself for four hours?

The idea was to see how closely GT5 replicates reality, in all aspects. I also wanted to see if I could mirror my GT5 times, but I placed a few restrictions on my Virtual Laps.

1. Comfort medium tyres. According to Digital Polyphony, these most closely replicate the grip characteristics of the real car's road tyres.
2. No crashing. My Virtual session ends when I hit a wall, just like it would in the real world. That made it really hard to set good lap times straight away - after months playing on racing slicks the CMs grip like ice on oil.
3. When the road car's brake pads wear, my real world session is over.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227775

Video in the link.

So I completed the 9 hour Tsukuba over the weekend and did some sessions on the Ring.

Good
-There is a very noticeable improvement in the suspension model in 2.0. I have never felt the tires struggle for grip when accelerating or cornering over bumps. Before I felt the bumps, but now you can feel the bumps effect the tires more. A noticeable improvement on an already amazing model.
-Even the black standard interiors add a lot. Driving my Yellow Bird around the ring felt amazing.
-Mid race save worked fine. You are locked into that race until you finish or quit but everything worked without issue. The only "bug" is that your fastest lap of the race will always show as whatever lap you resumed your race save on.

Bad
-GT AI is still so woefully slow and has never provided even the slightest believable racing experience ever. It has to be rebuilt. It is laughably bad. The AI brakes at the most absurd places. Corner exit? Sure why not brush the brakes.
-You lose your log in bonus when resuming Endurance saves. I played my save every day and was back to square one.
-Why oh why are there two Taukuba endurance races. My 9 hour race was 552 laps. So tedious. This is a huge bullet point in how bad and unimaginative PD is with the A-Spec events.

There should be a 60-120min endurance race for every track in the game with decent rewards. I wasted 9 hours and won less than a 15 minute seasonal. Why would PD feature so few of their tracks I events?! You have over 1000 cars to give away as prizes, make more events!

All I wanted was to take my stock yellow bird to the Ring where I could be competitive and between all a spec events and seasonals there were no options. I swear PD is trolling us sometimes.

Anyway, Spa today!!!!! Fuck yeah.

Angst

Guess you US guys aren't as hyped about Spa as we were... or you've already raced there online.

Anyway, we're doing a race with one of the new cars this Sunday and there are a couple of spots left on the grid.

Nürburgring GP/D

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races. I.e. less casual than what we've been doing during weekdays.

Race starts in:
t1320004800z0.png
Note that EU moves to non-DST the day before the race, race will be at normal CET time, but might vary depending on where you live. Always refer to the countdown above which is (should) be correct​
Allowed car:

Mazda RX7 TC​
Tuning allowed:
  • Nada. Lounge will be set to no tuning allowed.
Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Nürburgring GP/D​
Laps:
25 (tentatively)
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS

And with "a couple of spots left", I mean two... but even if the grid is full you could sign up as there always is a need for reserves due to no-shows.

Go to the NRL thread and sign up: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32133311#post32133311

Polyphony

Time to refresh the US store!! Not as excited for this pack since I've played it online already, but I can't wait to try the new cars and karts.

Syn23

Angst said:
Allowed car:

Mazda RX7 TC​
I've had an online race with that car and after four laps at Spa (without TC) my tyres were destroyed.
I'm a DS3 user and I lack a little bit of finesse controlling the throttle, but some of the guys that were racing with me were using wheels, and they were pretty much in in my same condition. Probably you have to be careful and avoid drifting as much as possible.

Polyphony

Well, it seems like the DLC is up on the US store and can be purchased if you search for it. However, I would recommend you guys to wait, it seems there is a problem with it. I just bought it along with others on gtplanet and it only gives you the GT Academy theme and the Stealth NSX GT500 car. The content was probably not fully uploaded yet. Serves me right for being too impatient! I hope it'll be fixed soon and that the rest of the content (unlock codes) will be available for me to download.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Polyphony said:
Well, it seems like the DLC is up on the US store and can be purchased if you search for it. However, I would recommend you guys to wait, it seems there is a problem with it. I just bought it along with others on gtplanet and it only gives you the GT Academy theme and the Stealth NSX GT500 car. The content was probably not fully uploaded yet. Serves me right for being too impatient! I hope it'll be fixed soon and that the rest of the content (unlock codes) will be available for me to download.
Actually you don't download anything; it assigns licenses to your PSN acct. Try booting up GT and goto the download section.

Polyphony said:

The same happened with me... Cmon, Sony!?

Are you guys activating the DLC in the right place? Because the GT Academy are Stealth NSX GT500 are cars that were distributed before, so they use the old (normal) method.

Top Bottom