• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Stoffinator

brentech said:
Bought it through the ps store+ storefront instead of in game. I figure no issues and discount shows as it should.

I bought it from the PS Store as well and still get the discount. And reading through the PS Blog comments, seems a lot of people didn't.

Toxa

Wax Free Vanilla said:
epic failure by polyphony:

untitledert1.gif

spec II and they still can't fix this problem? total amateurs.

what is it ? i've never experienced that bug

look at the right wheel.

when at speed the downward force applied pushes the front wheels straight through the track, this bug rapidly hammers your steering wheel with the strongest ffb possible. it also occurs when you drive the formula gt, f12007 and the redbull.

T-0800

Man this game is just so good. I received it last Chirstmas and loved it without ever playing that much. Since updating to Spec 2 last week I've played everyday and am loving every second of it.

What's the quickest way to earn credits? I notice there is a race that has a prize of 500000 credits but you need a Formula Gran Turismo car to enter. It cost 5 million. Can I race this seasonal over and over earning 500000 time or would it be a one of purse? I only have 4.7 mil at the moment and I've saving for a premium F1 car.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Polyphony said:
Come on Kaz, give us the rest of the Stealth/Chromeline cars! lol

:(

I honestly wouldn't mind this. It's been a year. I'd pay $1-5 for them.

Angst

T-0800 said:
Man this game is just so good. I received it last Chirstmas and loved it without ever playing that much. Since updating to Spec 2 last week I've played everyday and am loving every second of it.

What's the quickest way to earn credits? I notice there is a race that has a prize of 500000 credits but you need a Formula Gran Turismo car to enter. It cost 5 million. Can I race this seasonal over and over earning 500000 time or would it be a one of purse? I only have 4.7 mil at the moment and I've saving for a premium F1 car.
You can do it again and again. Knock yourself out :)

Donos

-_- thought i bought GT5 for 27.99€ but it was prolouge. Didn't say "prolouge" in the shop title and i didn't care for the cover. Well since my ps3 isn't here it is no problem but since spec 2.0 i'm hyped for GT5.

Wazzim

Banned
My little brother found a big bug at SS7, the wall after the bridge can make you sit stuck against it. The only option is to have someone bumb you from the wall.

offshore

Kaz at it again

"We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice

2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge

[Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.

3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.

Angst

offshore said:
Kaz at it again

"We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

1. Kart Space I/II of the DLC will become drivable with cars other than Karts in the online lounge and free run of Practice

2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge

[Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.

3. Fix for issues in: Setting sheets, G25/27, resuming from pits in endurance races, TC car numbers and LSD settings, etc.
Fantastic! :)

malyce

I love PD, and I love this fucking game. Only thing we need now is online match-making and leaderboards a la Prologue and all will be forgiven Kaz.

amar212

Wax Free Vanilla said:
look at the right wheel.

when at speed the downward force applied pushes the front wheels straight through the track, this bug rapidly hammers your steering wheel with the strongest ffb possible. it also occurs when you drive the formula gt, f12007 and the redbull.

To be honest with you Vanilla,

I driven both Ferrari F1 cars in numerous races in both Seasonals and online, Formula GT cars in both Seasonals, A-Spec and Online and X1 in Special Races.

All my driving is done with G25 or Fanatec GT2.

I have never, ever, ever experienced anything even remotely close to this.

I had an issue with planking of Ferrari F1 car on Ardillon straight, but I solved that with adjusting the suspension and hide-hight. This.. strange.

Question: I puchased the complete DLC and equipped the Simpson(aka Stig) outfit to my main character and tried to do the same to one of my B-Spec drivers but the suit no longer appears in the items inventory?

The black stig suit is still there but the white stig suit is gone. I dont change suits that often so I'm not familiar with this. Do I have to remove the suit from my main character if I want my B-Spec driver to wear it or do I have to buy the DLC again like the one-time use paints :/

Forgot how much I love Spa. Had some really fun online races last night using old Fairladys and E-Types. I wish more people online would do sub 450pp races with Sport Hard or Soft tires. So much fun. GT5 physics truly shine with the lower non aero cars on sport or comfort tires.

Glad to see those additional changes coming so soon. Keep them coming Kaz!

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
"TC car numbers and LSD settings"

What does that mean?
I think TC car numbers might be referring the the GT-R that would no allow you to change it's racing number. There is also no adjustable LSD in the Touring Cars which is a bug.

amar212

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Do I have to remove the suit from my main character if I want my B-Spec driver to wear it or do I have to buy the DLC again like the one-time use paints :/

Yes. You only have that many suits/helmets as the number of quantity seen for the particular item under Item screen.

Once equipped, you do not have more on disposal (notice how additional helmets/suits can be won through Seasonals and how DLC_themed are usual but it is matter of luck).

Apparently, there is the possibility how December update will introduce a shop for both Paints and Suites - that was not confirmed - together with the option to re-buy DLC cars from Dealership (this is confirmed).

Until than, you'll have to wait or grind Seasonals, but given the frequency of those unique items being prizes, you better wait for December before having Barbie B-Spec Army.

offshore

amar212 said:
Apparently, there is the possibility how December update will introduce a shop for both Paints and Suites
I would love this so much...although Kaz would probably have said already. It really is worth saying again and again that the paint system is totally silly.

Niks

The paint system is totally bonkers.

How many paint chips are there total? Im at 1000+ yet I dont use them because the preview thing sucks... at least give us a option to revert or cancel the paint job once applied...
:/

New update dropping October 27th

Kaz said:
We will be doing an October GT5 update in North America and Europe, planned for Oct. 27th. This will consist of:

2. Expanded restriction options for cars in the online lounge [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Car Model] regulations will be possible to set simultaneously.

Many more minor adjustments will be made.

6for8

Niks said:
The paint system is totally bonkers.

How many paint chips are there total? Im at 1000+ yet I dont use them because the preview thing sucks... at least give us a option to revert or cancel the paint job once applied...
:/

Paint, including the new DLC paint, will return if you restore your save. Used this last night because the preview is rubbish and the DLC is one time use. Tried most of the new paints and they all returned after I restored my save.

Cars under a million painted with the DLC paint can be gifted.

brentech

Opened a room trying to get people to drive with me at Spa using sub 420pp non-tuned cars....didn't work out. All people care about are 100,000 dollar cars. So lame.

ruttyboy

brentech said:
Opened a room trying to get people to drive with me at Spa using sub 420pp non-tuned cars....didn't work out. All people care about are 100,000 dollar cars. So lame.

That's because people have no class. Low speed racing is so much more enjoyable (and technical/demanding).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wax Free Vanilla said:
epic failure by polyphony:

untitledert1.gif

spec II and they still can't fix this problem? total amateurs.
I'm not a pro but what exactly is wrong with this gif? Is it the tires?

brentech said:

This x1000. All with ASM, TC and driving line enables. Ugh. Talk about putting ketchup on a steak.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DoctorWho said:
That right tire looks like it needs tightening.
But isn't that something that could actually happen in real life?

Polyphony

Due to the high levels of downforce, it seems like the wheel is going into the ground (can't confirm) while the game tries to maintain it above, resulting in a jerky wheel motion. I never knew if this was the reason, but I've experienced high levels of vibrations with my DFGT when I drove the F1 cars or the X2010.

Edit: it continues even after the turn in at lower speeds, so maybe it's just a bad setup or a glitch?

brentech

gutterboy44 said:
This x1000. All with ASM, TC and driving line enables. Ugh. Talk about putting ketchup on a steak.
2 people joined as soon as I put the room up. But when I was adjusting the regulations to the '05 Golf GTI, untuned, they both left immediately. Would of been great, as it's comfort-soft standard through the garage.

Did about 5 laps hoping some would join, but no one else even entered after my regulations were up. Need to try it again at night, could just be a day time thing as well. I realize I play at odd times for being in Ohio.

brentech said:
2 people joined as soon as I put the room up. But when I was adjusting the regulations to the '05 Golf GTI, untuned, they both left immediately. Would of been great, as it's comfort-soft standard through the garage.

Did about 5 laps hoping some would join, but no one else even entered after my regulations were up. Need to try it again at night, could just be a day time thing as well. I realize I play at odd times for being in Ohio.

There are always low PP rooms to join, just take a minute to look around.

Just had a good time playing with the Impreza TC and the Miata TC on Spa and Nurb.

The Miata even changing to a sports hard maintained a great grip, it was a blast driving at Nurb 24h (without weather / time change 60).

And I noticed a weird bug in my racing suits, I have 2 Jeff Gordon outfits, but they are separate items, and when I delete one, both get deleted. Same for a helmet that I already had that came with the DLC. Luckily it only saves after you leave the item system or I'd have lost my Zombie suit.

patsu

paskowitz said:
PS+ subscriber and I was still charged $11. Sony I want my three dallahs!

You are in US or EU ? I think there was an earlier note about refunding $3 for people who bought before the discount kicked in.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I didn't know you could keep doing seasonals over and over? Which one I can do besides the
Formula GT?

Anybody up for some multiplayer fun after the football matches have ended? Like 11pm CET?
Can't be the host myself tho, so if you guys open a room just post it in here.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
baekshi said:
I thought we could already do this;
ooMqzl.jpg

edit: OHh... I read it wrong.
What car is the silver one on the right? Prototype Le Mans?

Also, how does this restore save thing works, I need a USB stick right?

dwebo

Dash Kappei said:
What car is the silver one on the right? Prototype Le Mans?

Also, how does this restore save thing works, I need a USB stick right?
Audi R10

Yeah, backup save to usb. Copy back when you want to restore.

DEO3

Right, so.

• I click on the big red downloadable content button in-game - am told there is no downloadable content.

• I go to the PSN store, look in the new stuff category, the game add-on category, and the best selling category - but can't find the DLC anywhere.
  • I use the search function and enter Gran Turismo, get 151 search results, and after scrolling two thirds of the way down, past old E3 trailers and shit - I finally find the DLC.

• I add the Complete Pack to my cart, check out - get an error code.

• Restating my PS3 allows me to purchase the DLC - 'thank you for purchasing (1) NSX Stealth Model and (1) GT Academy PS3 Theme'

• uhhhh

• I'm pretty sure I bought the Complete Pack, you know, the one with a bunch of new cars, couple of new tracks, colors and shit?

• I check in game.

• Nope.

• No new cars, no news tracks.

• I go back to the PSN store to confirm I did in fact purchase the Complete Pack.

• Yup.

• Confused, go back in game and again click on the big red Downloadable Content button, you know, the one that was telling me there was no downloadable content available earlier - and hey, there it is!

Now I'm generally a PC gamer, and quite honestly this is very first time I've ever bought DLC on a console, so I'm curious, is this mess the standard for DLC on consoles? Am I just an old man late to the party? Or is this simply PD trying to reinvent the wheel for no good reason - yet again?

BeeDog

DEO3 said:
Right, so.

• I click on the big red downloadable content button in-game - am told there is no downloadable content.

• I go to the PSN store, look in the new stuff category, the game add-on category, and the best selling category - but can't find the DLC anywhere.
  • I use the search function and enter Gran Turismo, get 151 search results, and after scrolling two thirds of the way down, past old E3 trailers and shit - I finally find the DLC.

• I add the Complete Pack to my cart, check out - get an error code.

• Restating my PS3 allows me to purchase the DLC - 'thank you for purchasing (1) NSX Stealth Model and (1) GT Academy PS3 Theme'

• uhhhh

• I'm pretty sure I bought the Complete Pack, you know, the one with a bunch of new cars, couple of new tracks, colors and shit?

• I check in game.

• Nope.

• No new cars, no news tracks.

• I go back to the PSN store to confirm I did in fact purchase the Complete Pack.

• Yup.

• Confused, go back in game and again click on the big red Downloadable Content button, you know, the one that was telling me there was no downloadable content available earlier - and hey, there it is!

Now I'm generally a PC gamer, and quite honestly this is very first time I've ever bought DLC on a console, so I'm curious, is this mess the standard for DLC on consoles? Am I just an old man late to the party? Or is this simply PD trying to reinvent the wheel for no good reason - yet again?

This game is particularly retarded about its DLC, so don't worry. Other games solve this shit in a smoother way.

Top Bottom