• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Chris R

Only did two laps around Spa last night after downloading it (due to picking a slow ass car in arcade mode) but man it is so much fun. Easily worth the 4.99 alone!

brentech

Anyone have a link to the post detailing how to change the angle of the external view? Couldn't find how to do it in the game yesterday, and I have no idea which thread that post was made in. =\

magawolaz

offshore said:
Wax asks for Spa; Polyphony deliver
Wax asks for F10 fix; Polyphony deliver

Wax, any chance of asking for a paint chip fix and better in-game music options? :lol
... and other tracks, please?

Thank you wax!

brentech

Some nice cars, but having to deliver each car from DLC is annoying the shit out of me. Put it off yesterday.
Why couldn't they just deliver like the bonus car I got for the north America mishap. Oh, PD.....please change.

Can you still take photos with your avatar+car in photo travel? My friend says he couldnt do it and I told him maybe his game wasnt updated but he says he's at 2.01 so I gave it a try on my console (also 2.01) and sure enough, I cant find the option to have your avatar pose with a car?

Syn23

Maybe this could be interesting to some of you.
I'm sure you remember this shot that was used for trolling in forums:

After seeing it posted again recently, after the Spec 2.0 update, I've decided to try to take a similar photo and this is the closest I could get:

(click for 1080p version, both shots)

I cannot paint the car, and it's obvious that it isn't the same exact model (but it's a very similar car, the only difference I think being the front spoiler). Do you know if someone had achieved better results?

Syn23

Yes, but I mean, it's the same car! You can even see the low level of detail on the wheel arch and the windshield. Poliphony could have removed the first model from the game and only include the second one.
Btw my original aim was to take a better pic of the same exact car, but I don't own it, so that was the closest I could get.

Truespeed

Syn23 said:
I'm sure you remember this shot that was used for trolling in forums:

After seeing it posted again recently, after the Spec 2.0 update, I've decided to try to take a similar photo and this is the closest I could get:

I cannot paint the car, and it's obvious that it isn't the same exact model (but it's a very similar car, the only difference I think being the front spoiler). Do you know if someone had achieved better results?

They look like the same model to me. Perhaps PD was just sick of seeing this poster child used to bash the game and quietly updated it. Or perhaps it's just the white paint job that makes it look so bad.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
offshore said:
Wax asks for Spa; Polyphony deliver
Wax asks for F10 fix; Polyphony deliver

Wax, any chance of asking for a paint chip fix and better in-game music options? :lol

Oh and have the music not stop each time you go into a different menu or race screen. K thanks

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I want those '67 Miura and Ford.

can I avoid backing up my saves and all if just create new psn account, send friend request to main account, fire up the game and send the bd ticket to main account?

Then delete the save of my birthday account, rinse and repeat? Would that work?

is there a chance my main account save could get fucked up?

Syn23

Truespeed said:
They look like the same model to me. Perhaps PD was just sick of seeing this poster child used to bash the game and quietly updated it. Or perhaps it's just the white paint job that makes it look so bad.
I've just checked and they are actually different models: this is the first one and this is the second one.

brentech

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Can you still take photos with your avatar+car in photo travel? My friend says he couldnt do it and I told him maybe his game wasnt updated but he says he's at 2.01 so I gave it a try on my console (also 2.01) and sure enough, I cant find the option to have your avatar pose with a car?
Still there for me. I'm not sure if the driver can be used at all locations though.
Try Sienna. Works there for sure.

gogogow

Syn23 said:
I've just checked and they are actually different models: this is the first one and this is the second one.
They are basically the same car, one is the sports version the other the consumer version?
Why would one looks so much better than the other?

I wonder how many of these ugly standard cars there are. There's the Berlinette Hommel and this Alto car.

Goldrusher

Syn23 said:
A bunch of standard cars got an upgrade some patches ago.

edit: 1.06, pic below from GTplanet

i3los.jpg

ThisWreckage said:
Is it silly to think that GT6 could be a PS4 launch title given the "future proof" nature of the premium cars?

No. I think the entire engine is future proof. Only the content is lacking.

I mean full 1080p60 with the same lighting engine, Day/night/weather on all tracks, Full premium content. Good enough for me to be a next gen game.

Niks said:
Apparently the X2 magnification option is now available for replay photomode!!

8MP race photos? Yes please.

amar212

Vanilla, I think I finally understand your F1 gif. Yeah, I now understand what you've meant. Sorry about the miss-understanding.

Now it's time that you wish for GT1-GT4 original Courses :D

On the other note, I have just read on GTPlanet that one of the "small" additions to 2.1 update is the functionality to take 2X Magnified photos is any mode, not just Photo Travel.

Also, apparently, "we" finally have the reflection in the PhotoTravel mode as "we" can pose the new pose with the finger. I am off my console so I can't check have the shadow been added.

However, hare the astonishing 8MP 3840x2160 photos courtesy of Gtuned from GTP:

Crazy. I will be taking photos the whole damn weekend.

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
8MP race photos? Yes please.
Great, now the Vs thread will be filled to the brim with gigantic pics :p

OTH, the photo thread will be glorious - the examples by gtuned are crazy.

Small change but I also noticed that you only get 1 shopping cart per tire instead of 2. Don't think it was in 2.10, was already like that in 2.0.

For all the standard talk: CLK-DTM still looks like shit :p

No amount of sprucing up will fix that abomination unless they remodel it from scratch. Worst.Standard.Ever.

Dibbz

fu3lfr3nzy said:
For all the standard talk: CLK-DTM still looks like shit :p

No amount of sprucing up will fix that abomination unless they remodel it from scratch. Worst.Standard.Ever.
Tell me about it. One of my favourite cars and it looks pretty bad. Mind you most of the DTM cars look pretty bad to me.

Oh shit, 2X outside of Photo Travel?? The perfect bullshot machine is finally ready, with hdr + 2X finally working everywhere.

I love the small changes PD stealthily does in the patches.

Polyphony

Now that we have manual control over weather, shouldn't PD let us have control of snow as well?

The addition of thunderstorms would be a nice little effect as well ;).

offshore

ThisWreckage said:
Is it silly to think that GT6 could be a PS4 launch title given the "future proof" nature of the premium cars?
Not just the cars; I can't wait to see the weather effects on PS4. As much as we can laugh at their absurdly low resolution in GT5, there's no doubt PD put so much work into the rain effects. On PS4 they should be glorious :eek:

Dibbz

offshore said:
Not just the cars; I can't wait to see the weather effects on PS4. As much as we can laugh at their absurdly low resolution in GT5, there's no doubt PD put so much work into the rain effects. On PS4 they should be glorious :eek:
Yep. It's amazing to know that they've built the foundation for next gen. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have high res alpha maps and real time reflections on wet surfaces. The cars right now are more or less perfect and the tracks are not far behind.

The future of GT is going to be awesome.

Niks

Dibbz said:
Yep. It's amazing to know that they've built the foundation for next gen.
The future of GT is going to be awesome.

Indeed.
While GT5 was indeed a leap ahead of GT4, GT6 will be the evolution and polish of all that is GT5. I think Kaz decided to invest a lot of development time on getting car modeling and the lighting engine right for GT5, of course other areas suffered a bit. For GT6 maybe now he can shift his focus on other areas of the game, like revamping the A-Spec career, better UI, even better online options etc...

PD will probably use most of the new hardware power and development time (not on cars or lighting since they got that down) but on better textures, polishing shadows, reflections, smoke, weather etc... Gone will be the standard models, and the game will probably ship with 400 cars, maybe less tracks than GT5 but all up too Spa-like standards.

It will be glorious.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
You guys are in for disappointment total if you really think GT PS4 could come before the console had at least one year on the EU market... And launch with the console will never ever happen.
We're definitely going to have a GT Prologue before that.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Ok, searched the OP but didn't see anything.

When I bought the complete pack, there was only two downloads, both of less than 1MB. I dont think i got the tracks, the paint, or all the cars, but i purchased the 11.99 complete pack.

Updating to 2.01 now, will that recognize my purchase?

EDIT: Nevermind, went to GT Planet, guess I should have done my research before posting. Had Gaf open on my laptop after the DL, should have done more research first. =(

DonMigs85

By the way guys, what's the fastest way to make my B-Spec driver at level 40 max his experience bar? Even looong races barely add anything.

oh so 2.01 added super high rez pic exports.

it takes a good bit longer then normal photos but damn if the results are not pretty.

Cant wait for someone to take some Giant pictures of the ugliest of ugly standard cars

Top Bottom