• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Polyphony

So I was thinking about GT6, or GT5 Spec III, and it would be pretty awesome to have the following for online lobbies (or offline events too)

- Time limited qualifying sessions
- Multi-session qualification (like in F1)
- Ability to tune cars during qualifying without resetting your laptime
- Ability to lock tuning for race following qualifying
- Accounting fuel level in car weight change, car dynamics
- Ability to set fuel level in qualification/race with appropriate rules/restrictions (ability or inability to refuel between qualification and race)

Right now, the online lobby has all the nice tools to setup some pleasant track days. But additions like these would really add to a race-weekend feeling.

darkwing

GamePnoy74 said:
Kaz let us know when the car below is available...thanks =)

- 2012 Toyota FT-86 (production model with Modellista aerokit shown)

alleged-leaked-shots-of-toyota-ft-86-sports-car_100368231_m.jpg

Tokyo Motor Show 11/30 DLC...?
do it.Kaz

Kaze13

Polyphony said:
So I was thinking about GT6, or GT5 Spec III, and it would be pretty awesome to have the following for online lobbies (or offline events too)

- Time limited qualifying sessions
- Multi-session qualification (like in F1)
- Ability to tune cars during qualifying without resetting your laptime
- Ability to lock tuning for race following qualifying
- Accounting fuel level in car weight change, car dynamics
- Ability to set fuel level in qualification/race with appropriate rules/restrictions (ability or inability to refuel between qualification and race)

Right now, the online lobby has all the nice tools to setup some pleasant track days. But additions like these would really add to a race-weekend feeling.

I wish we could get the whole data log with our lap times and such. Breaking down your performance is part of the fun.

Polyphony

Kaze13 said:
I wish we could get the whole data log with our lap times and such. Breaking down your performance is part of the fun.

That was my thought exactly tonight when practicing for the NRL race! At least we now have the replay forward/review feature that allows us to quickly check our sector times and laptimes. Should be more comprehensive though.

Kaze13

T-0800 said:
I'd like to be able to set the number of AI cars in a practice race.

Theres a thought. Setting AI to be filler in online races would be pretty good too.

Polyphony said:
That was my thought exactly tonight when practicing for the NRL race! At least we now have the replay forward/review feature that allows us to quickly check our sector times and laptimes. Should be more comprehensive though.

I hope it gets implemented at some point. I can be more patient now. Everything thing I asked for has been addressed so far...well maybe not everything. My irl car is a standard and I want them to fix that. Oh, and motorcycles. Yes, I want motorcycles in this game. Please KAZ!

Dash Kappei said:
Neither.

Also: don't listen to GamePnoy74, Kaz! No more jpn cars, thanks :p
I have a GT5 Bimmer wishlist too!

- E82 1-Series M Coupe
- F10 M5
- F30 3-Series
- And, of course, this: E89 Z4 2011 Super GT GT300 Good Smile Racing Miku Hatsune =D

no-subject.jpg

Edit: Kinda looks like the production FT-86 has rear lights inspired from the mid-late 80s Celica =)

Toxa

Kaze13 said:
lol. That sounds ominous for some reason.

I haven't practiced a lot (only 10 laps) so I'm not sure about the tire degradation.
it will mostly depend on your consistency

jabuseika

GamePnoy74 said:

- E82 1-Series M Coupe
- F10 M5
- F30 3-Series
- And, of course, this: E89 Z4 2011 Super GT GT300 Good Smile Racing Miku Hatsune =D

Edit: Kinda looks like the production FT-86 has rear lights inspired from the mid-late 80s Celica =)

How about we get some Race Queen DLC instead...

...hey you can put your driver in photomode, how much work could it be. >_>

magawolaz

Dash Kappei said:
I'm on the last update as well actually.
I meant if you play and have your bonus, then log out of GT5, switch off console. Later that day you play some more and well, no bonus is given anymore until the day after. This only seems to happen in certains cases although I can't put my finger on why is that.
Hmm... I don't know, after saving during the race I have always switched off the console. And played on different time of the same day. Well, lucky me :)

Progmetal

Wow, I shared my b-spec driver and a frien used it in one remote race. Suddenly my driver went from level 5 up to 12.

I then held 2 remote races, and suddenly i'm already up to level 16. It's much faster levelling this way than the normal way. Or is there a catch?

DonMigs85

What we also need are the Ruf CTR3 and other newer Ruf models like what Driver San Fran had.
Also maybe the Testarossa and 456 GT Venice.

800px-Ferrari_456_GT_Venice.jpg

Toxa

Metalmurphy said:
Pfft, you don't even slow down Blanchimont.

you can take Blanchimont at full speed easily with GT500 (without going large) ... if you check the throttle bar I slowed down but with the massive drag effect it wasn't enough

Toxa said:
you can take Blanchimont at full speed easily with GT500 (without going large) ... if you check the throttle bar I slowed down but with the massive drag effect it wasn't enough

So you pushed on full throttle instead :p Definitively took advantage by going wide and fast.

Toxa

Metalmurphy said:
So you pushed on full throttle instead :p Definitively took advantage by going wide and fast.

I told you I slowed down in a corner that you can normaly take at full speed
by going wide you loose the splitstream that could allow me to get closer and try to pass .

unfortunately he failed at the last corner .

but yeah I was really pissed off one lap earlier when I managed to pass him and he suddenly bumped on me to send me out of track ...

Bebpo

Banned
Do they work the DLC tracks into the SP events? Or can you just race them in single races where you pick your own track?

Anilusion

Does anybody happen to have a spare Red Bull car (the one you got for free a few weeks ago)? I didn't have the game back then and it looks awesome :(

Anilusion said:
Does anybody happen to have a spare Red Bull car (the one you got for free a few weeks ago)? I didn't have the game back then and it looks awesome :(

I have 4 Redbull cars now. And you can't have any!
Because the game won't let you gift cars worth over 1,000,000 credits. Sorry.

Wazzim

Banned
GamePnoy74 said:

- E82 1-Series M Coupe
- F10 M5
- F30 3-Series

I hope GT6 has a livery editor so that we can make everything ourselves.

Leckan

jabuseika said:
How about we get some Race Queen DLC instead...

...hey you can put your driver in photomode, how much work could it be. >_>

Are you sure you want race queens in the game?

zombiejeffgordon.gif

I mean, really sure?

Syn23

Is the online penalty system somewhere detailed (on the internet, since there seems to be nothing meaningful in the in-game manual)?

Also, in your experience, have you find it somewhat useful? I'm thinking about using it for my next race, mainly to avoid corner cutting.

Polyphony

Super useful to prevent shortcuts and corner cutting. The collision penalties can sometimes be wrongly attributed, but generally, the person hitting from behind gets the penalty. As for the amount of seconds given to each kind of offense, I don't know if there is documentation on that.

Syn23

Thanks. What setting do you recommend me? "reduced" or "full" (I don't know what the actual english names are). Also, does the car always become like a ghost when a penalty occur? Both for corner cutting and collisions?

Polyphony

Hmm, I think Weak penalties are ok for the most part. Strong penalties are longer in duration and are incurred more frequently for smaller offenses. I think you can actually get a penalty under Strong if you collide head-on with a wall lol.

If there's one track that I recommend setting Strong penalties on, it's the Nurburgring GP track where people tend to cut the last S-curve entirely by going on the grass. People still gain an advantage by doing so under Weak penalties I think.

Oh, and yes the car always becomes a ghost car when it's being penalised.

Syn23

Thank you very much!
Regarding what you said about Nurburgring GP, this was one of the overtakes in one of the last races we had, on the last lap:

Next time we are racing in Spa, so weak penalties should work well.

Anilusion said:
Oh :( No way to trade them?

Nope, no way. It's not hard to get though. You get one for bronzing the 3 X1 special events (unlocked at level 30), for simply reaching level 35 in A or B-Spec, or you could buy the car pack DLC for $5 and get the new X2011.

Polyphony

Hm, according to Beyond3D, Sharpen doesn't do anything lol. Flicker Reduction removes the temporal AA though, I find it gives better IQ.

hirokazu

Polyphony said:
Hm, according to Beyond3D, Sharpen doesn't do anything lol. Flicker Reduction removes the temporal AA though, I find it gives better IQ.
Yeah, I didn't see any difference in Sharpen settings. Not sure what it's there for. Maybe for blurry SD.

Polyphony

Consensus seems to be: F2007 is a bit faster, F10 is more up to date.

I chose the F10 since I prefer racing in the more recent models.

mikespit1200 said:
Did this latest update or Spec 2 change the skyboxes? I noticed last night that most courses, SPA especially, have less pixelated clouds.

You mean a track that wasn't even available before Spec 2 was changed with the update? oO

Top Bottom