• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

brentech

DonMigs85 said:
By the way guys, what's the fastest way to make my B-Spec driver at level 40 max his experience bar? Even looong races barely add anything.
Hate to break the news, but it's simply races completed. No matter the length of race. And last I knew, remote races did not count. Had to be offline.

brentech said:
Hate to break the news, but it's simply races completed. No matter the length of race. And last I knew, remote races did not count. Had to be offline.

It's not races completed, it's just a matter of how much XP the race gives. B-Spec races give XP to your B-Spec career and to the driver/s who ran the race.

DonMigs85

weekend_warrior said:
It's not races completed, it's just a matter of how much XP the race gives. B-Spec races give XP to your B-Spec career and to the driver/s who ran the race.
No I'm already at B-Spec level 40 as is my main driver, but his grey bar is roughly 80% full.

Niks

I said wow.

lkaEK.jpg

KingDizzi

Banned
Will PD ever update the sales of this game on their site ever again. What I'm
most interested about is the sales of this game in EU, as in has the game passed its initial
shipment of 3.97 million in EU yet. With the platinum version charting the obvious answer is that it has past 4 million at this point, question is by how much?

add leaderboards PD its been a fucking year

KKRT00

KingDizzi said:
Will PD ever update the sales of this game on their site ever again. What I'm
most interested about is the sales of this game in EU, as in has the game passed its initial
shipment of 3.97 million in EU yet. With the platinum version charting the obvious answer is that it has past 4 million at this point, question is by how much?

add leaderboards PD its been a fucking year
This chart shows at least 1m sold units in 14 countries of EU, so shipment with platinium edition and other countries should be at least close 1.5m.

I'm pretty sure that when PD release new shipment numbers, GT 5 will pass 9m.

Angst

KKRT00 said:
This chart shows at least 1m sold units in 14 countries of EU, so shipment with platinium edition and other countries should be at least close 1.5m.

I'm pretty sure that when PD release new shipment numbers, GT 5 will pass 9m.
It's been on the charts in Europe almost constantly since release. I wouldn't be surprised if the units sold are something like this:

NA: 1.5 Million
EU: 5.5 Million
JPN: 1 Million

Other: 1 Million

gogogow

Angst said:
It's been on the charts in Europe almost constantly since release. I wouldn't be surprised if the units sold are something like this:

It's nowhere near a million in Japan, more like 600k.

gogogow

Goldrusher said:
They haven't sold a single copy in 10 months ?
It was 600K in December 2010.
Erm...that's shipped to retailers. Since Angst was talking about charts, he meant sold to consumers. You are gonna be very dissapointed if you think GT5 is anywhere near a million in Japan when PD updates their numbers. Who knows, maybe PD sold/shipped another 400k between June and the end of 2011...

Launch week 410k. At the end of 2010, 563k. 6 months later, end of June 2011 it was at 595k
Source: MediaCreate/Famitsu

Angst

gogogow said:
Erm...that's shipped to retailers. Since Angst was talking about charts, he meant sold to consumers. You are gonna be very dissapointed if you think GT5 is anywhere near a million in Japan when PD updates their numbers. Who knows, maybe PD sold/shipped another 400k between June and the end of 2011...

Launch week 410k. At the end of 2010, 563k. 6 months later, end of June 2011 it was at 595k
Source: MediaCreate/Famitsu
So they sold 30 k copies in JPN during 6 months? Kaz should only tweet in English from now on.

gogogow

Angst said:
So they sold 30 k copies in JPN during 6 months? Kaz should only tweet in English from now on.
Correction, I have more complete data from Famitsu, rather than MCreate. Actual sales are 50.534 in 6 months time. LTD up to 26th of June 2011 is 595.881 (Famitsu).
It's no secret that PS3 games in Japan are extremely frontloaded. The second week is usually a decline of 80+% in sales.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Angst said:

It's less than 620k in Japan and it's extremely improbable it has sold anywhere near a million in "other countries".

Chris R

Does the login EXP bonus stuff work for B-Spec drivers as well? Did like 2 hours of B-Spec stuff last night while watching some TV and only gained 2 levels (20 -> 22)...

I haven't played GT5 in like 8 months, since the update(s) has B-spec gone through any improvements? I enjoyed that mode except for the fact the driver was a complete idiot.

I finally got around to downloading Spec II. I had forgot how amazing this game looks. Going to try to get back into it again. Just so many games out, it can be hard to find the time.

And thanks again to MizzouGaming for kicking ass with my B Spec drivers back when this came out!

Snubbers

Solal said:
For French people: Thrustmaster T500RS are at 250€ in Auchan these days...

Holy crap, that's almost worth me jumping on a ferry and getting one from the UK!

I'll see if one of our French sales guys can pick one up for me, at that price, it's worth a punt!

I'd like to take the GT5 experience to the next level as I'm finding the Fanatec PWTS is not giving me the FFB I am totally happy with.

Dash Kappei

I'm going for the 20M trophy so I can't spend, if any of you guys have a spare premium WRC, Super GT, 2011 Nascar or the (standard) Countach '78....
...well my psn is dashkap :)

Always up for some races too!

Dash Kappei

rhfb said:
Does the login EXP bonus stuff work for B-Spec drivers as well? Did like 2 hours of B-Spec stuff last night while watching some TV and only gained 2 levels (20 -> 22)...
Yes. Although it seems that if you log out and then log in again in the same day you won't be getting the bonus working again until the day later... Very strange.

magawolaz

Dash Kappei said:
Yes. Although it seems that if you log out and then log in again in the same day you won't be getting the bonus working again until the day later... Very strange.
I just finished Suzuka 1000km, and i got 200% bonus. I started the race yesterday, I saved the game 4 times in these two days, but I still got complete bonus :)
Maybe PD fixed the problem you mention in the last update.

Kaz let us know when the car below is available...thanks =)

- 2012 Toyota FT-86 (production model with Modellista aerokit shown)

alleged-leaked-shots-of-toyota-ft-86-sports-car_100368231_m.jpg

Tokyo Motor Show 11/30 DLC...?

Dash Kappei

magawolaz said:
I just finished Suzuka 1000km, and i got 200% bonus. I started the race yesterday, I saved the game 4 times in these two days, but I still got complete bonus :)
Maybe PD fixed the problem you mention in the last update.
I'm on the last update as well actually.
I meant if you play and have your bonus, then log out of GT5, switch off console. Later that day you play some more and well, no bonus is given anymore until the day after. This only seems to happen in certains cases although I can't put my finger on why is that.

Polyphony

ctw0e said:

As a mechanical engineer, I really appreciate these kind of articles. Even though it only scratches the surface on these updates, it's pretty cool to gain insight into the design process of a mind like Newey's.

Also, any of you North American players out there who want to casually race from time to time? Just add my PSN id as listed under my profile. I realized that most people I have on PSN from GAF are in Europe, so they're always sleeping when I play in the evening :p.

Dash Kappei

Polyphony said:
As a mechanical engineer, I really appreciate these kind of articles. Even though it only scratches the surface on these updates, it's pretty cool to gain insight into the design process of a mind like Newey's.

Also, any of you North American players out there who want to casually race from time to time? Just add my PSN id as listed under my profile. I realized that most people I have on PSN from GAF are in Europe, so they're always sleeping when I play in the evening :p.
I'm not american but I work/sleep weird hours, so if you want I could add you :)

Psn: dashkap

Also, I'm intrigued by what you do irl, what do you (others feel free to come into the discussion!) think is a good all-around (GP circuits) tune for the Formula GT? I know maybe your job has nothing to do with aero, but hey who knows... Maybe you can give tips just as a fellow GT driver :)

This seems to be a decent one I found but I feel it can be improved:

downforce max/max
diff 15/20/15
ride height -5/0
spring rate 16.4/17.5
damper ext 6/8
damper comp 5/7
anti roll 5/7
camber -2.5/-1.5
toe -0.25/-0.15
trans 249
brakes 4/1

I aslo drive the F1 2010 at default, maybe you have a tune to share there as well?

Dash Kappei

Dead Man said:
Nah, there can be more Japanese cars, but only after some new RUFS! Such a waste of a license.
Of course, but maybe they could be on a hiatus for a while, you know a little pause while we get some EU cars. Selection there is kinda terrible.

Polyphony

Dash Kappei said:
I'm not american but I work/sleep weird hours, so if you want I could add you :)

Psn: dashkap

Also, I'm intrigued by what you do irl, what do you (others feel free to come into the discussion!) think is a good all-around (GP circuits) tune for the Formula GT? I know maybe your job has nothing to do with aero, but hey who knows... Maybe you can give tips just as a fellow GT driver :)

Cool, will add you for sure. I don't work in the automotive industry at all and my tuning experience has been limited irl, so I can't help you too much lol. I've done some virtual tinkering since the GT2 days, but I haven't touched the Formula GT in this game. My best advice would be to look around on gtplanet, which I see you have already done ;).

Top Bottom