• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

jabuseika

GamePnoy74 said:
Hoy psst...hey Kaz...new DLC please, yo. =)

Subaru BRZ Concept - STI

Subaru-1111111211348531600x1060.jpg

Looks like they took parts of the RX8, Supra, and R35, and mixed matched it.

Now heading out to Las Vegas, SEMA show. The Gran Turismo Awards is already in its 9th year this year.

http://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/131377017777164288

The “Best in Show” winner be personally crowned by Kazunori Yamauchi at the GT Awards party, Thursday night at The Cosmopolitan Hotel’s Marquee Nightclub. The event kicks off at 9:00PM and will include a live performance by the Stone Temple Pilots -- a band most GT fans know for their song “Sex Type Thing” [iTunes / Amazon MP3], prominently featured in Gran Turismo 2‘s soundtrack.

http://www.gtplanet.net/party-with-kazunori-yamauchi-at-the-2011-gt-awards/

Anilusion

Anilusion said:
I'm looking for people to add to my friends list for Remote B-Spec

My PSN ID is Anilusion

Add me or post/PM yours!

Great, got plenty of people to race with now, thanks everyone! If anybody wants in, just add or PM me!

edit: Also, regarging remote B-spec. Would I make more money if I created a second PSN account and used all 6 drivers on my main account to race?

gutterboy44 said:
What? We still can't do a single make race with cars outside of the bullshit arcade garage of cars? I thought they fixed this. It is a ridiculous pain in the ass setting the PP/HP and weight to make it so that it limits it to the range of a car and then hope everyone picks the car named in the lobby title. I just wanted to do some Caterham racing last night. What a chore.

At least they added tuning allowed/disallowed. Stock racing ftw.

edit: Misread question. dumb dumb dumb

Angelcurio

Anilusion said:
Great, got plenty of people to race with now, thanks everyone! If anybody wants in, just add or PM me!

edit: Also, regarging remote B-spec. Would I make more money if I created a second PSN account and used all 6 drivers on my main account to race?
Definitely. I earned most of my experience using my GF's account to set up the remote races, so all of my six drivers would participate in each race.

Dead Man

Dash Kappei said:
I'm going for the 20M trophy so I can't spend, if any of you guys have a spare premium WRC, Super GT, 2011 Nascar or the (standard) Countach '78....
...well my psn is dashkap :)

Always up for some races too!
Just sent you the 74 Countach, hope that's the one you meant.

Anilusion

When I host remote B-spec races through my PS3 everything works great, but when I try to do it in my browser all drivers are grayed out and when I click them I get "Driver not found". Why's that?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anilusion said:
When I host remote B-spec races through my PS3 everything works great, but when I try to do it in my browser all drivers are grayed out and when I click them I get "Driver not found". Why's that?
It's pretty buggy. You have to keep trying and refreshing for it to work.

hirokazu

Anilusion said:
When I click on a friend it also tells me that he is not my friend :p
If you've added me, do I have to confirm before you can use my drivers? I need some more people to B-Spec remote race, but I haven't been on the PS3 and won't be until after my final exam tomorrow...

Anilusion

hirokazu said:
If you've added me, do I have to confirm before you can use my drivers? I need some more people to B-Spec remote race, but I haven't been on the PS3 and won't be until after my final exam tomorrow...

Right now I'm trying to race my main account with and alt account to get some cash, but apparently it's not really working out.

Angst

Angelcurio said:
I added the GT5NRL to my friends list and for more than a week of waiting, I never got a response, so i ended up deleting it yesterday.
Sorry about that - I looked through all the requests last Friday and there was indeed one that had removed their friends request since sending it.

Re-send it and I'll accept it tonight.

If you want to participate in our weekly Sunday races you should check out our dedicated thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443226&page=10

Anilusion said:
When I click on a friend it also tells me that he is not my friend :p
It's a known issue with PDs servers. After you've added each other, both of you need to login to GT5 and then wait for a few hours for it to sync.

Polyphony

This happened to me too when I remote raced with my alt. As mentionned, log into both accounts so that the game servers properly sync your in-game friends list as well as their available pilots. Then go back to the remote race webpage, log out, clear cookies (not sure if this does anything but worth a try). I re-logged in and everything was fine by then.

Hellish

I believe I read somewhere there was a cut off to get a bonus car by like Nov 5th, can anyone confirm? I finally had time to play and was going to download the DLC but it wont take my CC info due to myself using a local branch and the card not supporting AVS, thus I not only have to go out but have to spend $20 for the PSN Card of which I will only use $12.

god damn, polyphony. talk about a missed opportunity:

Ignite Skill Gaming has signed a licensing deal with Mclaren...

The licensing deal includes 60 different Mclaren’s, including all 36 Mclaren Formula One cars from the 70s all the way to the MP4-26 of 2011.

who the hell are ignite skill gaming?

paskowitz

I am a PS+ subscriber. I purchased the DLC but was charged $11.99 instead of $8.99, which is the discounted price for + members. I called Sony and asked them to please refund me the difference. So I get an email saying my wallet has been refunded. But instead of refunding me $3 they give me back $11.99. WIN!

paskowitz said:
I am a PS+ subscriber. I purchased the DLC but was charged $11.99 instead of $8.99, which is the discounted price for + members. I called Sony and asked them to please refund me the difference. So I get an email saying my wallet has been refunded. But instead of refunding me $3 they give me back $11.99. WIN!

Did they remove the DLC?
lol.gif

paskowitz said:

Normally when you get PSN refunds they also remove the fact that you ever bought it in the first place and they expect you to repurchase. Check to see if it still appears in your download list and that it still works in game.

I had some problems with a 60 minute trial game that had expired that was preventing me from playing the full version that I purchased after the trial expired. They gave me a refund in the same way but I has to repurchase to sort it out.

offshore

Wax Free Vanilla said:
The licensing deal includes 60 different Mclaren’s, including all 36 Mclaren Formula One cars from the 70s all the way to the MP4-26 of 2011.
The licensing terms between F1 and the teams must have changed then, because Ferrari was the only team with the ability to license their F1 cars individually, that's why GT has only ever had Ferrari's F1 cars in the past.

Maybe this means more F1 cars in GT for the future. Brawn GP car please. kthxbai

anddo0

HELP!

I'm running the 9 hour Tsukuba race. I was 7:20 hours in. Now I go to resume the game and no longer have control of my car. The cpu is driving around on pretty much no tires.

I've read about this bug. Is there anyway to get back control?

I don't want to lose 7 hours of work. I was up by 28laps. But, like I said. The cpu is driving on no tires right now.

GodofWine

anddo0 said:
HELP!

I'm running the 9 hour Tsukuba race. I was 7:20 hours in. Now I go to resume the game and no longer have control of my car. The cpu is driving around on pretty much no tires.

I don't want to lose 7 hours of work. I was up by 28laps. But, like I said. The cpu is driving on no tires right now.

Is it even possible to lose a 28 lap lead in 1 hour and 40 minutes? I forget lap times there, but if its 2 minutes a lap, you could sit dead still for an hour and still be in first.

I'd crack a beer and eat some chips and root for the poor bastard on bald tires.

anddo0 said:
HELP!

I thought the latest patch fixed this?

WOW!!! I get to keep the DLC for free. I initially bought the DLC for 11.99 and being a plus member I didn't get the plus membership discount. So I called sony to let them know of the mishap and was told that i would get the difference put back on my card. Well they gave me the whole 12 bucks as a good will gesture and I get to keep the content.

Sony pissed on me and told me it was raining and now I believe them, Golden showers for everyone.

Pimpbaa

What this pack basically does is add a bunch of cars you may already own, only race modified and with a touring car appearance. It's an option that already exists in the game, albeit limited to a very small number of models.

Race modified makes cars handle completely different, and I can't race mod most of the cars that already exist in the game that came with the DLC. Not nearly as good as getting completely new cars though. I really hope they start offering new cars soon (really would like a race modified lambo too).

anddo0

weekend_warrior said:
Nope he won't pit. Just sit back and relax, you'll still win the race.

Are you sure?

It't driving at 49mph tops. All four tires are gone, the fuel is gone (not sure how it's still moving). And it's being lapped. My lead is down to 25 laps with an hour to go. But at the rate it's being lapped that may not be enough.

paskowitz

craigrushforth said:
Normally when you get PSN refunds they also remove the fact that you ever bought it in the first place and they expect you to repurchase. Check to see if it still appears in your download list and that it still works in game.

I had some problems with a 60 minute trial game that had expired that was preventing me from playing the full version that I purchased after the trial expired. They gave me a refund in the same way but I has to repurchase to sort it out.

So I cannot re-download it from my downloads list under account management, but I can still access the content in game. So as long as my PS3 does not YLOD, I got the DLC for free.

hirokazu

gluv65 said:
WOW!!! I get to keep the DLC for free. I initially bought the DLC for 11.99 and being a plus member I didn't get the plus membership discount. So I called sony to let them know of the mishap and was told that i would get the difference put back on my card. Well they gave me the whole 12 bucks as a good will gesture and I get to keep the content.

Sony pissed on me and told me it was raining and now I believe them, Golden showers for everyone.
I think that's a quirk of the way the DLC is implemented. It works as a service, but the game only checks for availability of the service when you go to redeem the DLC in the game. Once the content is in the game, the service is no longer used, so even if it's revoked, the DLC isn't.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Anybody has the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Touring Car '93 to "sell"?

I'd gladly share it but I need to modify it, so if a kind soul can sell one to me and ask for a Premium car in return he would be my saviour ^_^ Just tell me what Premium you want in exchange I guess.

Psn: dashkap

I also wanted to say a big thank you to the gaffer on my friends list who gabe me the '74 Countach bu I can't remember his name atm (so sorry!), tho of course I've sent you a psn text yesterday, mistery man! :)

amar212

Tentatively named authors called Edge Staff have published an long article regarding changes in Gran Turismo 5 and their collaborative views regarding current state of affairs for Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0.

EDGE Magazine > Gran Turismo 5: A Brief History
With its first DLC and Spec 2.0 update now live, we examine how the real racing simulator has evolved since launch.

When Kazunori Yamauchi’s latest entry in the Gran Turismo lineage finally arrived last November, it was greeted with muted fanfare by press and players alike. After an exorbitant development period, the widespread expectation was that it would deliver both a format flagship for Sony and a genre leader for racing fans - the finished product was almost doomed to fail in both regards.

Full article here.

offshore said:
The licensing terms between F1 and the teams must have changed then, because Ferrari was the only team with the ability to license their F1 cars individually, that's why GT has only ever had Ferrari's F1 cars in the past.

Maybe this means more F1 cars in GT for the future. Brawn GP car please. kthxbai

Even with the Ferrari F1 License, PD is not taking full advantage of it. Technically, they should've had F1 cars from different decades to showcase the evolution of the sport but instead we get only 2 cars from recent memory :/

If they're gonna pick cars from the past decade, should've picked F2002/F2004 damnit >_<

Angst

Niks said:
Nice. Hope they asked about future DLC.
I'm pretty sure we will get the best interview with Kaz in a long time. Jordan at GTP should know what to ask him - not as the morons from gamespot or IGN with their stupid questions.

IGN: So GT5 has now been out for a year. Hum... Have you played Call of Duty MW2 and did that in any way inspire you in making GT5?

Kaz: *looks at Translator-San* ...

IGN: How are you planning on making the game more casual and less about cars?

Kaz: *Commits Seppuku*

IGN: Wait, wait! We have something good now; any plans for iOS or Facebook games?

Kaz: *bleeds*

Even if the questions asked are those wanted by the fans, I bet Kaz...err Translator-San will just say "nothing that I can discuss atm" or "no comment".

There was a "good" interview prior to the release of GT5 last year and Kazunori basically shrugged off the questions :/

Top Bottom