• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:
You mean a track that wasn't even available before Spec 2 was changed with the update? oO

I mean all the tracks in general. SPA skybox looks way better than the older tracks and when I went and checked there was noticably less pixelation in the older tracks as well. Could be my imagination though.

Question:

When you have an event in A-Spec/B-Spec which has a Championship option, do you have to complete it as a Championship for it to register as completed? I can't remember and I just started doing B-Spec Dream Car after leaving it in April. Redbull makes things easier :D

Dibbz

Syn23 said:
Could you elaborate a little more, please?
You get bumped from behind off the track and the game will give you a time penalty because it thinks you are cutting a turn.

On light penalties it's not too bad but still it gives out daft penalties.

For championship races you have to complete the whole championship. Do not click on each track individually. It usually is the first option in the race selection.

KennyLinder said:
Question:

When you have an event in A-Spec/B-Spec which has a Championship option, do you have to complete it as a Championship for it to register as completed? I can't remember and I just started doing B-Spec Dream Car after leaving it in April. Redbull makes things easier :D

Yes. Doing individual races will only you get you gold on those but not the championship.

A modest suggestion for a future GT5 improvement: Dropbox integration.

I would LOVE to be able to export images directly at full resolution without having to jump out of the game and copy to a USB. Others have suggested data extracts of some kind, this would be an option for them to get that data easily off of their PS3.

Polyphony

Hmm, are all the replay angles available in replays saved from online races?

I'm trying to get the in-car angles that show the driver animations, but I can't figure how to. How do you enable them normally anyway?

brentech

Polyphony said:
Hmm, are all the replay angles available in replays saved from online races?

I'm trying to get the in-car angles that show the driver animations, but I can't figure how to. How do you enable them normally anyway?
It's only available within certain cars.

What? We still can't do a single make race with cars outside of the bullshit arcade garage of cars? I thought they fixed this. It is a ridiculous pain in the ass setting the PP/HP and weight to make it so that it limits it to the range of a car and then hope everyone picks the car named in the lobby title. I just wanted to do some Caterham racing last night. What a chore.

At least they added tuning allowed/disallowed. Stock racing ftw.

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
What? We still can't do a single make race with cars outside of the bullshit arcade garage of cars? I thought they fixed this. It is a ridiculous pain in the ass setting the PP/HP and weight to make it so that it limits it to the range of a car and then hope everyone picks the car named in the lobby title. I just wanted to do some Caterham racing last night. What a chore.

At least they added tuning allowed/disallowed. Stock racing ftw.
No, the "Recommended" list sucks. It's easier when racing with GAF and I host though. If I say Caterham and someone picks another car the kick button is just one click away :p

spats

Anilusion said:
I'm looking for people to add to my friends list for Remote B-Spec

My PSN ID is Anilusion

Add me or post/PM yours!

I gotta try to get back to some remote racing.

psn: spatsnaz

Chris R

Anilusion said:
I'm looking for people to add to my friends list for Remote B-Spec

My PSN ID is Anilusion

Add me or post/PM yours!
What does the remote B-spec stuff do? Does it level up your driver faster?

offshore

Did anyone see IGN's piece about the DLC?
Above all, however, we have to point out that this car pack really only serves to highlight the deficiencies of GT5's customisation options compared to Forza 4. You couldn't offer race-modified versions of cars already in the game as DLC in Forza 4. You just couldn't do it. It's because the normal performance modification options, combined with the powerful livery editor, let you do it yourself. You can build a race-spec beast in Forza 4 and adorn it with a genuine racing paintjob.

If you can't create it yourself you can buy one from a fellow user online. You can turn fresh-of-the-lot Fiesta into a fire-breathing banshee, splash on a Monster Energy livery and go for it. You can take one of the existing V8 Supercars and trade its paintwork and decals for a custom creation of one of the teams not featured by default.

You can't do this in GT5. You can push a vehicle to the max under the bonnet but you can't make it look the part. What this pack basically does is add a bunch of cars you may already own, only race modified and with a touring car appearance. It's an option that already exists in the game, albeit limited to a very small number of models.
Nail. Head. GT6 has really got to deliver much more on the customisation/modification next time out. Bucket seats, coloured HID's, lamp covers, steering wheel covers, wings, spoilers, tinted windows, decals, etc, etc...I'd love to play that GT. But maybe it won't, and Sony will continue to charge us for cars that we should have the ability to create ourselves... :/

Looking forward to this week tho...my GT5 disc should finally turn up. Ten weeks without GT5...been a long time. Looking forward to trying out the new physics and new drafting...heard nothing but positive things ^^

jabuseika

Where are those Le Mans seasonals PD?

They can easily do 1000km Spa, Nurburgring, and Monza.
Or 500Km, that should be like 3 hours to complete.
Maybe B-spec?
Give us some sweet prizes for them.

Or is that too complicated for you PD?... >_>

jabuseika said:
Where are those Le Mans seasonals PD?

They can easily do 1000km Spa, Nurburgring, and Monza.
Or 500Km, that should be like 3 hours to complete.
Maybe B-spec?
Give us some sweet prizes for them.

Or is that too complicated for you PD?... >_>

Seasonals with a bit more imagination would be welcome too. There is a reasonable selection now but they all follow the same format. Also, there is no reason why there aren't events for EVERY car in the game. I mean, why not? It's just made from a data file and everything that needs to exist does exist.

RM should be available for every (premium, lol) car in the game too, IGN are right about that. Livery editor? Sure, why not.

Polyphony

I would definitely welcome the addition of a livery editor and additional body parts. But knowing PD, can you imagine how long it will take them to document and model all those custom parts that are specific to the 1000x cars they will have in-game? They don't even have the resources to convert all their models up to spec yet lol.

jabuseika

If anyone wants to race my drivers: Franz Beckenbauer, Justin Bieber, Miyazaki; add @PSN ikkir (and you can also borrow my le man cars)

Theonik

Just beat the B-Spec Historic Race Car Cup on the expert events. Gosh that was really annoying... But on the bright side... I got a really cool car!

Niks

offshore said:
Bucket seats, coloured HID's, lamp covers, steering wheel covers, wings, spoilers, tinted windows, decals, etc, etc...I'd love to play that GT.

I think the game you are looking for is Need for Speed... you only missed underbody neon lights!

Jokes aside, I agree on liveries. Yes, it gives way to some monstrosities but the good ones are great.

Dead Man

offshore said:
Did anyone see IGN's piece about the DLC?

Nail. Head. GT6 has really got to deliver much more on the customisation/modification next time out. Bucket seats, coloured HID's, lamp covers, steering wheel covers, wings, spoilers, tinted windows, decals, etc, etc...I'd love to play that GT. But maybe it won't, and Sony will continue to charge us for cars that we should have the ability to create ourselves... :/

Looking forward to this week tho...my GT5 disc should finally turn up. Ten weeks without GT5...been a long time. Looking forward to trying out the new physics and new drafting...heard nothing but positive things ^^
Yeah, pretty spot on, sadly. Glad your disc is on its way though, it is much better now.

Yeah, after GT3 I gave up on PD ever making the game that will be substantially different from the last. Don't hold your breath. Just enjoy what you can about a GT game. PD is entirely to narrow minded.

A-Spec events suck ass. Ok, release Seasonals, but make sure to make them exactly the same.

What vision! I have gold in every seasonal offered since day one and they have been EXACTLY, the fucking same.

Start last, finish first. Here are your pathetic, dull, unimaginative restrictions.

gutterboy44 said:
Yeah, after GT3 I gave up on PD ever making the game that will be substantially different from the last. Don't hold your breath. Just enjoy what you can about a GT game. PD is entirely to narrow minded.

A-Spec events suck ass. Ok, release Seasonals, but make sure to make them exactly the same.

What vision! I have gold in every seasonal offered since day one and they have been EXACTLY, the fucking same.

Start last, finish first. Here are your pathetic, dull, unimaginative restrictions.

Yes, there are better things that could be done. Certainly, I want qualifying back.

However, personally I love the Special Events. And some of the licences have been great as well even if they've been in there forever. Though nothing beats those more crazy licence tests from GT4 Prologue.

There is definitely room for a little more creativity to be returned to the scene, especially onw that there are these online events, something like special event and the more crazy licence type stuff would be neat.

Compared to GT4 though, GT5 already has a deluge of great improvements that people sometimes just seem to gloss over (decent online, 16 cars, dynamic weather and day night cycles, special events, etc.). That said, give me something like AutoLog/Rivals, and at the very least don't make me click the friends filter all the time.

gutterboy44 said:

And the worst part is that the very first set of seasonals had pretty good restrictions....and then they said fuck it and released the same crap over and over.

iDpOnE25fPRJ2.gif

Love the Subaru IMPREZA TC.

Spectral Glider said:
And the worst part is that the very first set of seasonals had pretty good restrictions....and then they said fuck it and released the same crap over and over.

I think that's because a lot of people bitched about them being too hard, just like the Vettel special event bronzes :D... I miss them as well.

SunhiLegend said:
http://i.minus.com/iDpOnE25fPRJ2.gif[IMG]

Love the Subaru IMPREZA TC.[/QUOTE]

Dat suspension, omg. I had one of those moments while using my Stratos rally car for one of these seasonals on Mt. Aso and the straight had a lot of ups and downs, you could see how the suspension traveled in all the cars around you <3

Chris R

Spectral Glider said:
They were the perfect balance between difficulty and fun. The only thing I didn't like was having to go online to find the best tuning settings. As terrible as it sounds I'd prefer getting a car picked out for you with no tweaking options. They can then perfectly balance the difficulty level to whatever level they want.

offshore

Yeah, the problem with the seasonals (and all A-Spec races) is that you have no idea if stock will be enough. If it was said that races can be won in stock settings, then it'd make it a lot easier than starting a race, finding you're never going to win, going away and placing a massive turbo on the car, only to come back and find you're going to win easily.

The PP guidance they introduced sort of works, but PD still need to refine that a little bit. But even then I'd rather have it where it says that you can win in stock settings. They need a bonus where the less performance parts/tryes you put on the car yields more money, XP and prize items.

benzy

Polyphony said:
What... that gif. How did you get it in slow-mo? Is it from a trailer?

When making gifs you can add more frames to certain parts to make it appear slower. If you have less frames then the gif moves faster.

Polyphony

Nice, I'm editing a little video as well from the previous NRL race. Let's just say that slowing down 60 fps off-screen footage from a 30 fps replay in iMovie doesn't yield as nice results lol.

Polyphony said:
Nice, I'm editing a little video as well from the previous NRL race. Let's just say that slowing down 60 fps off-screen footage from a 30 fps replay in iMovie doesn't yield as nice results lol.

Was going make an edit of some of the NRL races, but have hardly any free time. Love editing and putting footage together.

Top Bottom