• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

bud

a preview of kaz's answers to your most pressing questions:

"it's possible, yes. :D"

"hmm, we haven't thought about it, but we could do it, sure. :D"

"if that's what our users want, then we'll certainly think about it! :D"

bud said:

In your dreams,
*secretly hopes for HSV-010*

-Amon-

Angst said:
I'm pretty sure we will get the best interview with Kaz in a long time. Jordan at GTP should know what to ask him - not as the morons from gamespot or IGN with their stupid questions.

Not that much hope for me, he could end up asking kaz what does he thinks of the forza section gtplanet just opened up.

Angst

bud said:

That sounds pretty much like Kaz yeah... :/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dead Man said:
Just sent you the 74 Countach, hope that's the one you meant.
Dunno how I've missed this post before!
I've already said thanks on PSN but it's nice knowing who the gaffer was and to finally link that profile with someone I "know"... And he's noone other than Dead Man, nice :)

offshore

What do we think of the winning car, Mary Pozzi's 1971 Chevrolet Camaro?
014c9b9a.jpg

Tip to RocZX at GTP for pic

1mRuX.jpg

Angst

offshore said:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/davidpozzi/014c9b9a.jpg[/]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1mRuX.jpg[/][/QUOTE]
Not my style, but it might be fun to drive. If the engine has a nice roar I'll be happy :)

Played a bunch of shuffle races last night. Wow, forgot how much I love this mode of racing. I would love to see it expanded. Since there is no qualifying or tuning without exiting the track I like the "mindless" aspect of shuffle. Take what you are given and drive the fuck out of it. It also allows you to drive cars you seldom use. I was impressed with the Challenger last night. Not very graceful but I was sliding like a champ at Trial Mountain. As a "yank" I love going online and winning against of Europeans. I don't think they realize that some of us know how to turn right as well, hahah.

But yeah, I think shuffle mode eliminates some of the frustration with the GT5 online systems. Would love to have some more regular GAF shuffle races. Quick 5 lap races across a few tracks with changing shuffle settings each week.

Edit: There needs to be new DLC stat. I hit 20mil Cr. last night and bought a orange X1 even though I already have 5 X1's just because I don't have a uniquely colored one yet. I need new shit to waste money on! If the new paint shop comes I will be quickly have a tuned color and a stock color for all my favorite cars. I have been wanting to do that from the start but it is so annoying cloning paint through the shit system.

It must just be some weird Kaz quirk to add as many variations of a single car as possible.

GT6 to have 500 premium cars.... but they are all diffrent versions of GTRs, Skylines and Camaros.

amar212 said:
Soooo, we've been talking something about this last week Murph ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32169033&postcount=3102

Sony Reducing PSP and PS3 Download Title Activation Count

http://andriasang.com/comyvi/

Yes but... doesn't that further back my theory? :p

If they're reducing the activation limit, that means they're sticking to the old DLC method, only more limited this time, instead of doing it as a service, like GT5, which is by default limited to 1 account.

offshore said:
014c9b9a.jpg

1mRuX.jpg

4/10.

I hate mustle cars

But Kaz seems to have a new found love with American muscle cars it seems.

Chris R

Oh and I discovered that your EXP bonus carries over if you suspend the race. Had 130% going into the 90 laps at Laguna Seca and did it over 3 nights (30 min bursts) and when I finished the race last night I got my rewards with the 130% bonus (I wasn't even online at the time either, so the rewards stick through that as well).

rhfb said:
Oh and I discovered that your EXP bonus carries over if you suspend the race. Had 130% going into the 90 laps at Laguna Seca and did it over 3 nights (30 min bursts) and when I finished the race last night I got my rewards with the 130% bonus (I wasn't even online at the time either, so the rewards stick through that as well).

Makes sense. Since you don't go through the GT HOME page (you go straight to the race), and there's where the bonus activates.

brentech

offshore said:
It's alright. I don't often go into the muscle cars, but they're decent every now and then. I think that lady is a regular with SEMA from what I saw on SPEED last year. Believe she competes against her husband.

Love the new B-Spec seasonals. Spent 20 million last night, already back up to 6 million from grinding the Rome seasonal while working from home. Just clicking X every few minutes :)

Chris R

Metalmurphy said:
Makes sense. Since you don't go through the GT HOME page (you go straight to the race), and there's where the bonus activates.
I was just pleasantly surprised that the reward still worked even though I was offline (only get internet via phone tethering at the moment). Now to build up to 200% bonus or whatever and tackle the 9/24 hour races :D

Dash Kappei

Polyphony said:
Lol, I'm doing the same thing. A piece of cake with a Ruf Yellowbird. every 7 minutes or so, I press X X X X O X X X.
LOL, same! I don't even turn on my projector, I just look for the PS3's hd lights XD

Polyphony said:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6819/suzukacircuitost2.jpg

I gotta say, this one genuinely tricked me. Even with the GT logo, I thought someone just slapped it on a real picture.
Wow, yeah that's a heck of a picture.

Dead Man

offshore said:
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o71/davidpozzi/014c9b9a.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1mRuX.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Ugh, what an fucked up Camaro. Way too high, and too much exposed carbon fibre. Put some smaller wheels on there, lower the ride height a bunch, and get rid of the carbon hood, and you would have something.

offshore

Personally I would have wanted this to win...then we could have said goodbye to the Dodge Ram :lol

F1gRn.jpg

Wish someone would hurry up and post a load of photos.

offshore

It's because AP Images charge for use, and you have to pay a fee for full-res copies.

Just want someone to hurry up and post their own photos.

KingDizzi

Banned
offshore said:

Kaz has some seriously bad fucking teeth, I mean shit I've seen bad choppers but he takes it to another level. It's getting to me, there are dentists in Japan and he has money so there are no excuses. Now that's off my chest has there been any announcements about furthur DLC dates or is it still the vague announcement given by the Sony EU guy saying more was on the way?

REALLLLLLLLLLLLY hoping we don't get GT6 on PS3 more and more with each passing day.

KingDizzi said:
Kaz has some seriously bad fucking teeth, I mean shit I've seen bad choppers but he takes it to another level. It's getting to me, there are dentists in Japan and he has money so there are no excuses. Now that's off my chest has there been any announcements about furthur DLC dates or is it still the vague announcement given by the Sony EU guy saying more was on the way?

REALLLLLLLLLLLLY hoping we don't get GT6 on PS3 more and more with each passing day.

Teeth like that are kawaii desuuu~ in Japan.

...I think.

There are multiple categories at the GT Awards and this was the winner in one of them

2biws.jpg

Of course Kaz couldn't pick it as the overall winner for an obvious reason.

Dead Man

SolidSnakex said:
There are multiple categories at the GT Awards and this was the winner in one of them

2biws.jpg

If you mean because its a Porsche, I think they could have included it as it is a RAUH Welt, they are like RUF. Don't know if they get their own manufacturer plate, but I'm pretty sure it could be included as a tuner car.

Dash Kappei

SolidSnakex said:

2biws.jpg

Why? There's the RUF Yellow Bird and others

Polyphony

Time to nitpick. Things I'd like to see improved:

- Remove low invisible ceiling in Photomode
- Ability to take photos from the same angles as those in the track splash screens (the scenery behind the chalets in Eiger Norwand K is breathtaking, but the game won't let you capture it from the same angle)
- Ability to take photos of standard cars in Photo Travel (your standard car is being shown off in those locations when you start up the game anyway)
- Having a proper seat adjustment slider instead of using an obscure FOV adjustment option

Make it happen Kaz! Everything else is pretty sweet at this point.

Dead Man said:
If you mean because its a Porsche, I think they could have included it as it is a RAUH Welt, they are like RUF. Don't know if they get their own manufacturer plate, but I'm pretty sure it could be included as a tuner car.

Unlike RUFs it has a Porsche badge on the front, but I suppose that could be changed.

magawolaz

Polyphony said:
suzukacircuitost2.jpg

I gotta say, this one genuinely tricked me. Even with the GT logo, I thought someone just slapped it on a real picture.
Wow. Just... wow.

Polyphony said:
Time to nitpick. Things I'd like to see improved:

- Remove low invisible ceiling in Photomode
- Ability to take photos from the same angles as those in the track splash screens (the scenery behind the chalets in Eiger Norwand K is breathtaking, but the game won't let you capture it from the same angle)
- Ability to take photos of standard cars in Photo Travel (your standard car is being shown off in those locations when you start up the game anyway)
- Having a proper seat adjustment slider instead of using an obscure FOV adjustment option

Make it happen Kaz! Everything else is pretty sweet at this point.
This please. Also, I'd like to have every location that we can see on the main menu background animation (wind tunnel, Shakado Pass, etc.)

dwebo

jabuseika said:
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/gt-awards-sema-2011-3-640x480.jpg[IMG]

Is that the last Suzuki SX4?

Give it to us Kaz! I beg you...

... and Pikes Peak... >_>[/QUOTE]
That's "Monster" Tajima too, I think. God damn Kaz, such a tease.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Bought this on sale for $30, brought it home...and am staring at a wall of patch downloads. :(

Top Bottom