• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

commedieu

Banned
Syn23 said:

HHOH8.jpg

Theres a classic "DAT ASS" pic waiting to happen in the smoothie image.

iratA

BruceLeeRoy said:
Seeing the translator popping up in random photos makes me so happy.
Agreed. I wonder sometimes if these people realise they've become an internet sensation. Or maybe GAF sensation in this case. :)

Dead Man

offshore said:
Yeah, really not a fan, the more I look at it. Either the whole body is carbon fibre (possible) or they have plastered fake fibre over the front clip and beneath the rear window. Ugh.

Fake edit. Having looked up the car, it does have some carbon fibre parts, but not the bodyshell. Fake carbon drives me nuts. Do not want.

Got back to the game this weekend. Played some more and tried to overcome the frustration that was the Historic Car Cup. Finally got that under my belt with my trusty Toyota 7, and scraped enough cash to buy me a Formula GT. That one should carry me through a few of the Extreme events, maybe also some of the endurance ones.

Some internet scouring allowed me to do the required tweaking so my B spec driver could beat that ballbusting race at Cöte de Azur from the Historic cup. I also did the same for the Gallardo trophy in B spec, which proved a bit too difficult for my mentally deficient driver in the past.

offshore

GTP interview.

First, congratulations on your class victory at the Nurburgring 24 Hours. What did you learn from the experience?

You might be surprised by my answer, but I actually didn’t have that much time to prepare or train this year for the race. I actually brought a copy of GT5 to the hotel, and throughout the event, I would come back to the hotel and practice again with the game. Even while the actual race was going on, between my driving sessions, I was practicing in GT5!

Could you explain why you decided to open Polyphony Digital’s new offices in Fukuoka and Tokyo? How is the company structured now?

The answer is quite simple – it is because of the nuclear accident at Fukushima. After it happened, I calculated how much the radiation would spread, and it turned out there would be a significant amount of radiation in a 500 kilometer radius around Fukushima, which would lead to people having to leave Tokyo.

I had everyone with small kids or families move to Fukuoka. Considering all the different cities in the area, Fukuoka was a prime location.

There has been much discussion and debate in GTPlanet’s community regarding GT5’s Standard and Premium cars. Could you explain how you came to the decision of which cars would be Premium and which would remain Standard, such as the Bugatti Veyron?

It wasn’t a matter of making a decision, we just didn’t have time to do it! There is still a possibility that some Standard cars may become Premium in the future.

In an interview last year, you mentioned that some Standard cars may be upgraded to Premium status in the future. Do you still have plans for this, or will GT5’s future DLC focus on adding new car models to the game?

I think that we should focus on adding new cars to the game.

Could you offer any hints about what else may be coming in the future, or how frequently new content may be released?

We’re continuously working to make more and more content for the game, and I think what’s really important is the reactions of our users. We’ve had our DLC and our 2.0 update, and the reaction has been really good so far, but we want to look at the overall feedback to see what we should do from here on, and adjust accordingly.

If you could go back in time and start over with GT5, is there anything you would do differently?

No, because I think everything that I thought about in that way, we have done in the updates. If I can think of one, I think we should have made more A-Spec races. When you buy a car, it’s fun to be able to participate in a lot of races with that car, and I don’t think there were enough.

How will you decide when to stop supporting Gran Turismo 5 and begin the transition to Gran Turismo 6?

[Laughs] I’ll think about that next year!

In the future do you see Polyphony Digital dedicating resources to major Gran Turismo titles or to creating more spin-off games, such as Tourist Trophy and Prologue?

The only thing I can definitely say is the next one will be GT6, but we might have something else pop-up in between now and then [laughs]!

In closing, is there anything you would like to say to the GTPlanet community?

The feedback we receive from our users – the positive and the constructive feedback – really provides energy for our company and really motivates us to do more. I think if we can keep up that relationship with the community, that would be great! Lastly, thank you all for your support!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gtplanets-k...cars-dlc-and-the-future-of-polyphony-digital/

dwebo

offshore said:
Thought it'd be longer. Also,
There has been much discussion and debate in GTPlanet’s community regarding GT5’s Standard and Premium cars. Could you explain how you came to the decision of which cars would be Premium and which would remain Standard, such as the Bugatti Veyron?

It wasn’t a matter of making a decision, we just didn’t have time to do it! There is still a possibility that some Standard cars may become Premium in the future.

In an interview last year, you mentioned that some Standard cars may be upgraded to Premium status in the future. Do you still have plans for this, or will GT5’s future DLC focus on adding new car models to the game?

I think that we should focus on adding new cars to the game.
made me chuckle.

offshore

Also
Polyphony Digital has had quite a year of ups and downs, some of which I was also able to discuss with Translator-san. Japan’s earthquake and tsunami last spring was a particularly difficult time for the company’s employees, many of whom suffered tragic personal losses in their family. My thoughts, prayers, and sympathies remain with all who were affected by this disaster.
That really emphasises the incredible support when you consider that. Must have been, and probably still is, an awful time.

"the answer is quite simple – it is because of the nuclear accident at Fukushima. After it happened, I calculated how much the radiation would spread, and it turned out there would be a significant amount of radiation in a 500 kilometer radius around Fukushima"

Kazunori Yamauchi. Creator of Gran Turismo and a expert on radiation!

GTP: How will you decide when to stop supporting Gran Turismo 5 and begin the transition to Gran Turismo 6?

KY: [Laughs] I’ll think about that next year!

Yay! This supports my lots of DLC and free updates theory.

Spiegel

In the future do you see Polyphony Digital dedicating resources to major Gran Turismo titles or to creating more spin-off games, such as Tourist Trophy and Prologue?

The only thing I can definitely say is the next one will be GT6, but we might have something else pop-up in between now and then [laughs]!

GT6 is surely a PS4 game and the console is probably 2 years away.

So no GT Vita or OMEGA BOOST 2 anytime soon. :(

funkystudent said:
"the answer is quite simple – it is because of the nuclear accident at Fukushima. After it happened, I calculated how much the radiation would spread, and it turned out there would be a significant amount of radiation in a 500 kilometer radius around Fukushima"

Kazunori Yamauchi. Creator of Gran Turismo and a expert on radiation!

IIRC, he's a physicist, so calculating radiation spread is something familiar to him.

Spiegel said:
GT6 is surely a PS4 game and the console is probably 2 years away.

So no GT Vita or OMEGA BOOST 2 anytime soon. :(
"something else might pop up"

well its ether GT6 prologue or GT vita.

Maybe GT6 prologue is GT vita!

Take your cars on the go from one version to another.

this new feature shall be called the "Nurburgtransfarring"

Lagspike_exe said:
IIRC, he's a physicist, so calculating radiation spread is something familiar to him.

ah. that makes more sense.

Spiegel

funkystudent said:
"something else might pop up"

well its ether GT6 prologue or GT vita.

Maybe GT6 prologue is GT vita!

Take your cars on the go from one version to another.

this new feature shall be called the "Nurburgtransfarring"

Ah, true, I missunderstood him. I thought he was saying that GT6 was next and between GT6 and GT7 something else might pop-up.

Omega Boost 2 in glorious HD graphics confirmed!

KingDizzi

Banned
Spiegel said:
Ah, true, I missunderstood him. I thought he was saying that GT6 was next and between GT6 and GT7 something else might pop-up.

You're gonna get GT Vita and you're gonna enjoy it. Got that?
Salivating at the thought of GT Vita, have been since the handheld was announced in Jan

Spiegel

KingDizzi said:
You're gonna get GT Vita and you're gonna enjoy it. Got that?
Salivating at the thought of GT Vita, have been since the handheld was announced in Jan

I would also love a GT Vita if it's an actual game and not similar to 'that' thing they released for psp.

spats

Spiegel said:

126331_o.gif

Ok, there's no way they'll ever touch that franchise again. A man can dream though!

Polyphony

Great interview, finally some relevant questions that the community wanted answered. So GT6 for PS4 I guess eh! I don't mind that since the support for GT5 has been great so far imo.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Really sucks about their situation, and also explains why there was such a long period of time without updates to GT5's content.

offshore

"If I can think of one, I think we should have made more A-Spec races. When you buy a car, it’s fun to be able to participate in a lot of races with that car, and I don’t think there were enough."

No manufacturer events was baffling, although tbh future manufacturer events need to be rejigged to make them feel less static. Maybe have an ME for every car, but don't make them compulsory for completing the game, and have them there for those who would like to enter to gain extra items like racing suits, paint chips, as well as extra cash if they have downtime, or want to put a specific model of a car to good use.

SkylineRKR

I felt A-spec mode was something last minute like. Its interface looked butt ugly and there was hardly any logic and balance in it. They could dump the pick up truck, Lupo and Vitz races for all I care. There used to be no saves in Endurance races either.. rather baffling as well.

GT6 for Ps4 could work out, with non-downgraded GT5 models such as seen in photo mode.

Polyphony

Doing the whole endurance race in one sitting is the point of testing your endurance :p. But yeah, I never did them myself, didn't have the patience for it. I remember Kaz mentioning back in early 2010 that the driving aspect was complete and that they only needed to wrap all content into one big package before releasing the game. So the singleplayer events were probably done at the last minute, and it shows. More Special Events would be sweet.

Pimpbaa

The should add a new A an B spec. Call it season 2 or something. With manufacturer events and heavy use of day/night transitions and weather. Release it as DLC with a bunch of new cars.

SkylineRKR

Polyphony said:
Doing the whole endurance race in one sitting is the point of testing your endurance :p. But yeah, I never did them myself, didn't have the patience for it. I remember Kaz mentioning back in early 2010 that the driving aspect was complete and that they only needed to wrap all content into one big package before releasing the game. So the singleplayer events were probably done at the last minute, and it shows. More Special Events would be sweet.

A real 24h is being raced by 3 different drivers, so GT5 brought endurance to a new level!

Yeah ok, you could bring in 2 friends and emulate that :)

Fantasmo

Sold the game early this year. Interested in picking it up again. What has changed since the big patch? I still have a dfgt, but no chair/cockpit. A good setup would complement this and Daytona nicely. Any $100-200 suggestions?

Syn23

See You Next Wednesday said:
Was there a complete edition announced a few days ago that will include the DLC or was I just dreaming that?

I can't seem to find any info on it anywhere.
I'd say that you were dreaming. ; )

offshore

You've got mixed up with something else. We could get a disc with the latest update and all the DLC next year though; would be a way to extract a few more sales. I'd buy a copy. In fact, I'd buy a GT5 Spec II disc today. 11 weeks and still don't have my disc back :(

6for8

Dash Kappei said:

Try the track I have shared. For max altitude and rotation use a fast car and stick to the right side of the track. Re-Entry isn't always smooth but you can land the car back on the track.

Polyphony

junkster said:
Sold the game early this year. Interested in picking it up again. What has changed since the big patch? I still have a dfgt, but no chair/cockpit. A good setup would complement this and Daytona nicely. Any $100-200 suggestions?

There are too many small updates to list that really make it a better game. What you'll notice off the bat are the improved load times everywhere.

I use a regular chair, and use a second smaller chair to attach my DFGT. I also happen to have spare telescopic hollow metal rods from my Rockband drumkits that I use to adjust the height of the DFGT table accordingly.

For a more expensive and reliable solution in the 100-200 range, go for the wheelstand pro.

infoWheel1.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
6for8 said:
Try the track I have shared. For max altitude and rotation use a fast car and stick to the right side of the track. Re-Entry isn't always smooth but you can land the car back on the track.
Never used the editor :blushes:
How do I get a track you've shared and is there a "database"/consensus of what are the best editor-built tracks?
Do you guys have any? i'd love more ptp rally...

6for8

Dash Kappei said:
Never used the editor :blushes:
How do I get a track you've shared and is there a "database"/consensus of what are the best editor-built tracks?
Do you guys have any? i'd love more ptp rally...

I don't have any more to share. I lost all my tracks when I was 'borrowing' x1's. I downloaded my current shared track from a friend.

When you are on my profile, bottom left of the screen there are tabs for shared tracks and photos. Click on the track and there should be an option to download it. You can use the track in your online lounge or a created room. I assume there is a method to use the course offline, I will have a look later.

Last time I checked you couldn't create a ptp course. The track editor is limited but with some luck you can get decent results. The only method to get a track is through a friends profile so I doubt that there is a database. GTPlanet is sure to have some tips on how to create a track.

New cars? Sounds like the 2012 Nissan GT-R is coming, Nov 24th?

昨日、仙台ハイランドで乗りました。休むことなくコツコツと確実に進化させていく努力ってすごいなと思いました。RT @geradcup_g3: @Kaz_Yamauchi アップデートで収録して欲しいです。 ■日産、GT-Rの2012年モデルを11月24日に発売

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi

Top Bottom