• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

6for8

Greektown said:
can i ask a straight up question? I got this game and I want to try out the Ferrari Enzo? I noticed its very hard to unlock, and will take a lot of time in the spec mode. Can I just try out this car, and the many others to see their true glory on the race track. I have had the forza games and I was able to do this. I can't seem to find a mode to do this. Someone help me!

You can borrow cars from your friends profile and use them in any offline event including practice and the seasonals. Add me (psn id in profile) and I will share an Enzo.

The limit for gifting cars is at least $950,000. Can't gift an Enzo at a million so the limit is somewhere in the middle.

Polyphony

Dash Kappei said:
GTNRL guys on my list, check your b-spec pilots, you should have some nice exp+credits ;)
Dead Man I wanted to include yours for some time but you always have none shared!

Thanks for that, Kojima got 50k lol, free credits are always good.

Dead Man

Dash Kappei said:
Send me a friend request at dashkap and I can gift you the F40 if you want. Unfortunately the Enzo is not tradeable (it's >770k credits),
Make it clear in the message that you are from GAF and your nick or I won't accept it.
I've already sent a car today and I"m booked tomorrow so you'd have to wait 2 days (there's a 1 per day gift ticket rule enforced by the game).

GTNRL guys on my list, check your b-spec pilots, you should have some nice exp+credits ;)
Dead Man I wanted to include yours for some time but you always have none shared!
LOL, didn't even realise, thanks for the heads up!!

ashk

6for8 said:
You can borrow cars from your friends profile and use them in any offline event including practice and the seasonals. Add me (psn id in profile) and I will share an Enzo.

The limit for gifting cars is at least $950,000. Can't gift an Enzo at a million so the limit is somewhere in the middle.

The gifting limit is exactly 1 million.

Toxa

rvy said:
God damn it. Got my hopes up for no reason.

HSV, where art thou?!

Special DLC

cp-truck-racing-misano-2010_018.jpg

:D

gogogow said:
It has been weeks, when are they gonna refresh the damn online dealership?! :(
I need the Toyota classic car!

The Toyota 7? It cost like 12 million credits, you'd be better off just winning the B-Spec Like the Wind series to get it.

6for8

ashk said:
The gifting limit is exactly 1 million.

Both the Enzo and McLaren F1 '94 are exactly a million in the dealership. Both of the cars can't be gifted. Are you including taxes? ;) All the SuperGT cars at $950,000 can be gifted.

Maybe it's a region thing.

6for8

Syn23 said:
ashk meant that you can gift anything under a million.
So hypothetically you can gift a 999999 Cr car.

Got it, my mistake. Sorry. Now we just need them to raise the limit by $ .01.

Grayman

2scoops said:
I would love to have more F1 cars, new and old. And i know this has been said before, but i would pay good money for some GT1 and GT3 race cars DLC. Especially the Lotus Esprit V8 GT1!
I would want a road going Elise GT1 and the White USA Viper from USvJP USvUK in GT1. The copperhead concept car could be a cool retro gt prize as well.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just bought my 800th car :feelsgoodman:
It would be cool if they would make the used car dealership like the premium dealership so that you could buy whatever you wanted instead of having a random selection and having to keep refreshing it...

gokieks

This is probably the best place to ask this:

My old PS3 (CECHE 80GB) died on me, so I bought a new Slim. I did have my GT5 save backed up, and the game loaded up fine after downloading all the updates. However, it now seems like custom soundtrack in the game is bugged. I had to re-choose the playlists I wanted for the 3 different Personal BGM options, and that worked fine. However now when I load up the game, personal BGM will not work unless I go into Options -> Audio and then do something related to Personal BGM (toggle it on/off or adjust volume).

Anyone ever run into this? Or have any idea what might be able to fix it?

gokieks said:
This is probably the best place to ask this:

My old PS3 (CECHE 80GB) died on me, so I bought a new Slim. I did have my GT5 save backed up, and the game loaded up fine after downloading all the updates. However, it now seems like custom soundtrack in the game is bugged. I had to re-choose the playlists I wanted for the 3 different Personal BGM options, and that worked fine. However now when I load up the game, personal BGM will not work unless I go into Options -> Audio and then do something related to Personal BGM (toggle it on/off or adjust volume).

Anyone ever run into this? Or have any idea what might be able to fix it?

Are you talking every time you play? Because I know my GT5 has done this from time to time since day 1, even after all the updates. It reverts to the regular GT5 music. But not every time, maybe something like 20% of the time.

gokieks

Syn23 said:
Sorry, I can't help you, but I had to reply to state how awesome your avatar is.
Did you make it yourself or what?

I didn't make it myself. Don't remember where I found it though.

Spectral Glider said:
Are you talking every time you play? Because I know my GT5 has done this from time to time since day 1, even after all the updates. It reverts to the regular GT5 music. But not every time, maybe something like 20% of the time.

It does seem to happen every time out of when I tested it. I found that I can also make it start using Personal BGM by going into the music library in GT5 and then out again.

Fucking NASCAR. I'm not buying a 500K car for an event I hate, and nailing the last set of challenges is fucking impossible for me. Been trying to do the "out of pits" challenge for the better part of a couple days now, and the highest I manage to reach is 2nd. Fuck this. Is the prize car for completing all extreme series with gold trophies worth it?

gokieks

SteelAttack said:
Fucking NASCAR. I'm not buying a 500K car for an event I hate, and nailing the last set of challenges is fucking impossible for me. Been trying to do the "out of pits" challenge for the better part of a couple days now, and the highest I manage to reach is 2nd. Fuck this. Is the prize car for completing all extreme series with gold trophies worth it?

500,000 Cr really isn't that much. And you get a Lv. 21 ticket for winning gold in all Extreme series, which can give you a lot of really nice cars (and being a non-specific ticket, can be duped), so it probably is worthwhile.

gokieks said:
500,000 Cr really isn't that much. And you get a Lv. 21 ticket for winning gold in all Extreme series, which can give you a lot of really nice cars (and being a non-specific ticket, can be duped), so it probably is worthwhile.
>_< Back to it then I guess. If only ABS could still be turned off. ;_;

SteelAttack said:

Turn all assists off, including ABS.

edit: oh wait, ABS can't be turned off now?

Ranger X

Question for you guys. If I am not done yet with the GT mode and that I buy the tracks DLC, will they incorporate into the events or...?

Grayman

Ranger X said:
Question for you guys. If I am not done yet with the GT mode and that I buy the tracks DLC, will they incorporate into the events or...?
no they did not redo the races like they did for prologue. Spa and Kart race are in practice and may show up in seasonals.

6for8

SteelAttack said:

Just tested this event, it's been some time. I had all assists off and manual transmission and controller sensitivity set at 3. When you exit the pits stay low until the #5 place driver passes you and try to time it so you just miss him and the get in his draft. Then its just passing and staying in the persons draft ahead of you. If you get in the draft of #5 quickly you can blow past #4 on the back straight of lap #1. Won it easy (after a few failed attempts).

If you enter the track too soon and try to catch the draft of #3, I think you will fail. They are too far ahead and you need the boost of #4+#5.

You can still get a lvl 21,22 and 23 ticket prize for the Expert challenge seasonals. Big money as well.

2scoops

Grayman said:
I would want a road going Elise GT1 and the White USA Viper from USvJP USvUK in GT1. The copperhead concept car could be a cool retro gt prize as well.

Agreed. I forgot about that Viper, such a great car to drive! That road going Elise would be awesome as well.

6for8 said:
Just tested this event, it's been some time. I had all assists off and manual transmission and controller sensitivity set at 3. When you exit the pits stay low until the #5 place driver passes you and try to time it so you just miss him and the get in his draft. Then its just passing and staying in the persons draft ahead of you. If you get in the draft of #5 quickly you can blow past #4 on the back straight of lap #1. Won it easy (after a few failed attempts).

If you enter the track too soon and try to catch the draft of #3, I think you will fail. They are too far ahead and you need the boost of #4+#5.

You can still get a lvl 21,22 and 23 ticket prize for the Expert challenge seasonals. Big money as well.
Thanks, mate. Will try it out tonight.
Edit: Dude, you have my undying gratitude. It worked. It fucking worked, lol. Took me a few dozen tries, but I finally nailed the damn thing winning with a lead of more than half a second.

After clearing the first challenge, the second at Indianapolis (2 last laps) was a breeze, got it under my belt within 4 or 5 tries. But Daytona, holy fucking testicles covered in chocolate dip, Daytona. Stayed awake until almost 2 am trying to do that thing, and it's excruciatingly hard. Evil. If you miss the blue car that starts overtaking fools like no tomorrow, you get left out and the whole group just prances away within seconds.

I guess I know what to do (keep drafting that dude until I reach the main group and then start overtaking), but my execution is never perfect, and there are so many things that can be screwed up there's literally no margin for error. once I was in the leading group by the second-to-last curve, gaining momentum and getting ready to overtake, only to have an asshole car in front of me brake suddenly, causing me to gently bump its rear. DISQUALIFIED. "Remember, car is heavy" Screw you, Jeff. You and your heavy cars.

6for8

SteelAttack said:
I finally nailed the damn thing winning with a lead of more than half a second.

Nice. Looks like you have the final race under control, just need a little luck. I might give it a go later with a controller. I used a wheel before and trying the out of the pits for the first time with a stick I put it straight into the wall. Needed to learn to babystep the stick to get the gold.

If you move on to A-Spec Nascar you can add around 60hp with an oil change and putting 200-300 miles on the car. If you don't want to buy one, you can add me and borrow one of mine. I don't remember the races being that difficult (A.I. brakes early) until the final Daytona race. 10 lap race and it's easy to get in the lead but when you do the A.I. runs you off the road. Just stay in last until the final couple of laps then move up. Take the lead in the final corner.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks guys for racing my b-spec drivers! ^___^
Also :bow: 6for8 :bow:

I have to say most of the fun, besides GTNRL, I have with GT5 is racing versus my friends' time on the weekly seasonal time trials. It's the closest we have to proper leaderboards (something that would make GT5 game of the generation, in my book)

The last one (rally under 300cv, first event) was probably my fav EVER.
Simply awesome, 4' of tension!
I think I'm 4th out of my 14 friends, guess who's first? (not pasko/patriots since he apparently didn't race).

Syn23

I need a confirmation, please: is it true that you can't race online with a car that you borrowed from one of your friends?

magawolaz

Syn23 said:
I need a confirmation, please: is it true thet you can't race online with a car that you borrowed from one of your friends?
Yes, you can't use borrowed cars online.

But you can use them for almost every other mode in GT Life (A/B Spec, Seasonal Events, Practice, etc.)

Syn23

Thanks!
I was trying to organize a little 330 P4 Vs Mark IV Vs XJ13 race, but I guess some of the guys in my friend list are going to be content to use a Cobra 427.

Angst

Syn23 said:
Thanks!
I was trying to organize a little 330 P4 Vs Mark IV Vs XJ13 race, but I guess some of the guys in my friend list are going to be content to use a Cobra 427.
Hum...

Historic Racing Cars

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1321819200z0.png

Allowed cars:
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
Chaparral 2J Race Car '70 [EDIT] No way
Tuning allowed:
  • TBD

Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Autodromo Nazionale Monza No Chicane
Laps:
30 (tentatively)
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​
Players Participating (14 +3 / 16):
  • 01 - Angst
  • 02 - Speed of Nuts
  • 03 - MikeDub
  • 04 - Weekend_warrior
  • 05 - magawolaz
  • 06 - paskowitz
  • 07 - Niks
  • 08 - Dibbz
  • 09 - Risk Breaker
  • 10 - gutterboy44
  • 11 - gynoug79
  • 12 - Ashk
  • 13 - Xun
  • 14 - l2ound
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - MetalMurphy
  • R2 - SunhiLegend
  • R3 - Dash Kappei
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Awesomeness:

Go here if you want to join us: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32733342#post32733342

And:

ib0gx5obTdoKQz.gif

magawolaz

Syn23 said:
Thanks!
You can still use birthday tickets :)

And join us in the next NRL race, as Angst says ^

Syn23

I have to try to race with those cars on that particular track. I'm not sure if I can avoid being a hindrance to you guys. I'm pretty slow generally and I'm even slower with those cars.
But I'll give it a try. I see that TCS is allowed, I'm not used to use it but maybe with those cars if I put it at 1 or 2 it could help me avoiding some mistakes.

Top Bottom