• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

i-Lo

For a long time the OCD was half price, this included the FGTs. Now, there's no way to buy it cheap.

Also, iirc, the prize credits for the seasonal events used to be much higher (2x at least in some cases).

So now it's half the credit and twice the price... almost feels like the capitalism of today.

Btw, is there anyway to sell a car to another person instead of "gift"ing it?

Mxrz

The Seasonals were a static x3.0 for a bit. 500k+ for 3 minutes on Sarthe made getting 20 million pretty easy. Bit less so now with the 200%, but that also applies to standard a/b spec.

No, can't sell cars to other players. Can't gift cars over 1 million either now. PD unlocked it for a while, and all the kids duped X10s until they got bored with the game and moved on. Then PD locked it again. Not entirely sure why, but meh.

i-Lo

The Seasonals were a static x3.0 for a bit. 500k+ for 3 minutes on Sarthe made getting 20 million pretty easy. Bit less so now with the 200%, but that also applies to standard a/b spec.

No, can't sell cars to other players. Can't gift cars over 1 million either now. PD unlocked it for a while, and all the kids duped X10s until they got bored with the game and moved on. Then PD locked it again. Not entirely sure why, but meh.

Thanks mate. I was wondering what vehicle you used (if you had played the World Touring Circuit seasonal event) to win the races?

It's most likely a new GT Academy. I can't see them announcing some form of DLC.

Valentino Rossi was playing GT5 earlier

http://twitter.com/valeyellow46

He was challenging people to beat his Nurburgring time using the Zonda R.

lol, Jorge Lorenzo accepted his challenge:

VVctF.jpg

http://lockerz.com/s/157328592

6for8

Finally. I ended up deleting game data and reverting to 1.00whatever, which allowed me to turn ABS off again and nail the event in one fucking try.

I better do the NASCAR series in extreme a spec and b spec before redownloading 2.0 patch.

I tried the final NASCAR race yesterday and it didn't matter that I had golded it earlier, I still wanted to throw my controller at the TV. Is ABS the problem or is it the forced ASM? Car loses all speed in the corners. Get everything perfect and the smallest tap has you restarting the race.

A-Spec NASCAR forces assists but the races can still be won.

Too bad I didn't read your post before you deleted your game data. If you borrow a car (any car) and delete your game data, you can keep the car. Haven't tested it post 2.0. Only applicable if you are deleting your game data for another reason or you need to have all 22 versions of the x2010. There are easier options for the other cars.

I needed to have the 3 blue x1's that look exactly the same. There might be something wrong with me.

Polyphony

Man, racing online in Shuffle lobbies with 0 shuffle ratio and low boost is so fun to practice overtaking and defending maneuvers. I've been racing with really clean drivers online as of late also.

offshore

Wow.

My first play of GT5 online for 3 months, and quite incredibly, it's even more broken than it was before. My very first race, I find myself 30 seconds out in the lead, with the rest of the field two laps down.

Second race (and subsequent races), massive carnage at the very start, because half the grid do not know about the wonderful START START bug on Daytona.

Third race, unbelievable lag. The worst lag I have probably ever seen in an online game. Ever.

It is safe to conclude that Polyphony Digital have no idea how to code online, and should probably start hiring people who do actually understand. In the absence of my GT5 disc, I was playing a number of other games online, and none of them had the amount of problems GT5 had. I don't know what the issue is here, but I find it baffling that a studio that is meant to be at the forefront of technology can construct such a broken online system.

Wow.

My first play of GT5 online for 3 months, and quite incredibly, it's even more broken than it was before. My very first race, I find myself 30 seconds out in the lead, with the rest of the field two laps down.

Second race (and subsequent races), massive carnage at the very start, because half the grid do not know about the wonderful START START bug on Daytona.

Third race, unbelievable lag. The worst lag I have probably ever seen in an online game. Ever.

It is safe to conclude that Polyphony Digital have no idea how to code online, and should probably start hiring people who do actually understand. In the absence of my GT5 disc, I was playing a number of other games online, and none of them had the amount of problems GT5 had. I don't know what the issue is here, but I find it baffling that a studio that is meant to be at the forefront of technology can construct such a broken online system.

lol. Either that or you know... you're the problem. Lots of people here do the weekly GAF races and we never had any problems like that, and lag is nonexistent. Stop joining random lounges created by people who 1) don't know how to setup races properly 2) don't know how to race 3) have shitty connections.

Here's an idea, start racing with us.

GT5s netcode and lounge system is great, better then any shitty matchmaking system with shitty playlists used in other games.

paskowitz

GT5's online is very solid. In fact I think it is a bit under appreciated. I rarely have lag, and if I do its not very noticeable. About the only problem I have is sometimes not loading into a track before a race starts. But that is very rare. Much better netcode than COD or other high profile games.

offshore

Stop joining random lounges created by people who 1) don't know how to setup races properly 2) don't know how to race 3) have shitty connections.

Nice to see you're not jumping to conclusions here, MM. In our rooms, we only race with aces; laggers get kicked, and people who don't stay in pit get kicked. But it still gets messed up. I'd also better say that I constantly ask people in the room if I'm lagging, and 99% of the time they say no.

It's clear how poorly thought of GT5's online mode is, when most rooms enforce pit or kick. Having to stick to unofficial "rules" like full install, wired, clear cache, all blue, stay in pit and no mics - just so you can [attempt] to get a good race - is not really indicitive of confidence in the online infrastructure.

I'm not saying GT5 cannot be smooth, I know it can. But it doesn't matter if it's a one country lobby, pan-European or worldwide, the amount of times we've been in races where it's laggy, the field order is botched or got BSOD...it's pretty incredible. And now there's the Daytona bug, which should have really been fixed by now.

Is that an American trend? Cause I've never seen servers with rules like that. I've played on lobbys with voice chat and no lag, no rules what so ever concerning pits (that's an urban myth btw, it doesn't help or prevent the black screen bug and that bug has been gone for ages), or any other stuff.

Yes occasionally you get someone that's lagging like mad, but there's really no way to prevent that and I fail to see how that's PDs fault.

Not familiar with the Daytona bug though, not really into ovals.

Like I said, join our races if you want smooth racing.

Polyphony

I've seen many people online telling others to stay in pit while the race is about to begin. What does it do, does it make the race load faster and prevent an occasional black screen? Is there any conclusive proof of that? I've been in countless number of races where nobody pitted and things were as smooth as can be.

Angst

I've seen many people online telling others to stay in pit while the race is about to begin. What does it do, does it make the race load faster and prevent an occasional black screen? Is there any conclusive proof of that? I've been in countless number of races where nobody pitted and things were as smooth as can be.
We did it before to make sure that everybody was blue on the grid. I haven't bothered since April or so and I can't say that it does any difference. Earlier we had to do it because we discovered after the race that someone was racing in some kind of alternate universe with less cars on the track than the rest of us.
@Offshore: race with us in the NRL races and I'm quite sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with the lack of issues.

The Stealth Fox

Dear Kaz,

Please stop giving us GT-Rs. There should be new DLC in january though, since they said every two months, right?

Hopefully they can give us some new premiums.

We did it before to make sure that everybody was blue on the grid. I haven't bothered since April or so and I can't say that it does any difference. Earlier we had to do it because we discovered after the race that someone was racing in some kind of alternate universe with less cars on the track than the rest of us.
@Offshore: race with us in the NRL races and I'm quite sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with the lack of issues.

Checking to see if everyone was blue is another problem unrelated to the black screen. It was to make sure there was no invisible racers. I don't think we ever had that problem anymore either, think it's been fixed.

Mxrz

Most of that is news to me, and I'm on the NA side. But then I mostly just host a room/race myself and go with whatever. I've gone into rooms where people whine about their lag and stuff, but I usually leave once I hear it. Not really worth the bother.

Wouldn't mind better match making in game though.

Can't recall what I did the World Tour event with. Probably a Gallardo, I was in a phase there for a bit.

Got my first silver chrome last night, without having to do the silly exit/reload thing. Wee. Of course, I still have to do the alt/dupe before I use it. Geh. I can't believe anyone would actually enjoy this kind of setup for simply paint.

offshore

If you don't know what the Daytona bug is, don't research it, just go and do one online race on Daytona... [or just load Daytona in your Lounge and start a race... you have to set it to rolling start]

Sure, once you know the workaround, you might think it's no big deal. But new people come in who don't know about it, and even if you warn them, they don't know what you're talking about and they ignore you.

Angst said:

Will do then ^^

It didn't mess with your save data? Im assuming it didnt. :p
Fuuu, am I going to be in trouble when I go back to Spec II? This is the second time I delete save data, the first time was to free some space up my aging HDD. As far as I know there weren't any data corruption issues or missing cars, but I don't usually pay attention to details. D:
I tried the final NASCAR race yesterday and it didn't matter that I had golded it earlier, I still wanted to throw my controller at the TV. Is ABS the problem or is it the forced ASM? Car loses all speed in the corners. Get everything perfect and the smallest tap has you restarting the race.

A-Spec NASCAR forces assists but the races can still be won.

Too bad I didn't read your post before you deleted your game data. If you borrow a car (any car) and delete your game data, you can keep the car. Haven't tested it post 2.0. Only applicable if you are deleting your game data for another reason or you need to have all 22 versions of the x2010. There are easier options for the other cars.

I needed to have the 3 blue x1's that look exactly the same. There might be something wrong with me.
To be honest, short of going out and buying a wheel (which I wasn't planning to in the near future anyway) I tried and tried and tried to gold this event for 3 solid days. It was either that or just shelving it. With ABS off I managed to take corners in Daytona at 340-350 km/h, something that wasn't possible with either ABS at 1 or 10.

spats

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-dlc-hits-one-million-downloads-in-two-weeks/

In an interview at the GT Awards party, U.S. Gran Turismo producer Taku Imasaki shared an interesting statistic about the game’s recent batch of new content, which included Spa Francorchamps and 15 new cars. As of November 3rd, two weeks and two days since its European release, it had received over 1 million downloads.

Pathetic bomba, Kaz&co should just pack it up and scrap future DLC plans.

http://youtu.be/g6pf6ueK-Is

spats

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. How is that bad?

Well, the wording leaves it kind in the open. 1 million people bought DLC? Or 1 million downloads?

Of course I was kidding.

I'm guessing 1 million combined downloads. Not everybody bought the bundle.

Wow.

All 3 problems are your fault not PD's, from day one i experienced lag maybe 3 or 4 times. If the room you are in is lagging then leave it, if the people you are racing with are causing massive carnage then find shuffle rooms (Which are generally clean) or race with your fellow gaffers or race with guys over at gtplanet, their are plenty of options. Online in gt5 had never been better, so many options makes GT5 online very enjoyable.

Melfice7

It's official, I have all the cars!!! (thanks to 6for8 and Syn23 for the couple cars i was missing)

I'm also 1 trophy away from platinum, that horrible lvl 40 a-spec trophy

The old seasonals with massive xp should make a return :(

It's official, I have all the cars!!! (thanks to 6for8 and Syn23 for the couple cars i was missing)

I'm also 1 trophy away from platinum, that horrible lvl 40 a-spec trophy

The old seasonals with massive xp should make a return :(

Wanna gold the X1 challenges for me? lol

Jorge Lorenzo is a beast:

Valentino Rossi is trying to get a win anyway he can before the end of 2011. The Doctor couldn't find a victory during the 2011 MotoGP season (the first time in his 15-year MotoGP career that he's failed to score a win) so he's turning to the virtual world to find victory. Rossi sent out a tweet challenging other gamers to beat his time in Gran Turismo 5.

Rossi said (With some translation help from GP One):

"I'm issuing a challenge: Gran Turismo 5. Nurburgrïng. Driving the Zonda R. A lap time of 6.14.211. Can anyone beat that?"

Rossi then clarified the challenge. Rossi tweeted:

"Simulation mode, not driver aids except traction control at level 5. With the steering wheel."

Rossi must have been feeling pretty good about his 6'14.211 lap time since he was confident enough to open up the challenge to all of his 250,000 followers. But Rossi's confidence was quickly thwarted.

Jorge Lorenzo tweeted:

"That was a warm-up lap, right?"

Lorenzo then followed up his trash talking with photographic proof that he lapped the track more than 15 seconds faster than Rossi.

Rossi tweeted:

"5.58.2 Jorge? Nice lap. I have to practice!"

And Lorenzo isn't done rubbing it in. He's since dropped his time to 5'48.7.

http://www.allaboutbikes.com/motorc...si-launches-twitter-challenge-lorenzo-accepts

2scoops

Quick question if anyone knows...I've seen pictures of the Jaguar XJ13 that was a light blue, is this car paintable? I won't be around my ps3 for a bit, otherwise i would check myself, but if anyone can answer this, i would greatly appreciate it.

Massa

Every time I put the disc in just to get the daily bonus I feel silly not doing at least a race. And then I play the game for at least an hour.

Just need to do Nurburging with the Formula GT and the Expert Races to be all caught up with the A-Spec seasonals.

2scoops

I wish they'd bring back the up and down controls on the D-Pad for cycling through cars in replay mode.

I agree. And more photomode locations, someone already mentioned the wind tunnel, which would be amazing, and i would personally love to see the foggy ish showroom area PD uses for promotions, that would be incredible! ( I love photomode so much...)

Syn23

Is there anywhere a tune for the Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06? I can't find anything in the usual sources.
If not, will the standard increase aero/lower car/stiffen (a little) suspensions/increase camber be a good starting point?

Niks

I agree. And more photomode locations, someone already mentioned the wind tunnel, which would be amazing, and i would personally love to see the foggy ish showroom area PD uses for promotions, that would be incredible! ( I love photomode so much...)

Yeah its such a shame they didnt include more locations. We had like 15+ in GT4?
Grand Canyon, Brooklyn Bridge, Fish market, Winter scene, Nanzenji Temple were awesome.

2scoops

Yeah its such a shame they didnt include more locations. We had like 15+ in GT4?
Grand Canyon, Brooklyn Bridge, Fish market, Winter scene, Nanzenji Temple were awesome.

It is a shame, although i'm quite sure they will add more over time. Sooner than later i hope! I should really start posting in the photo sharing thread, i have almost 600 photos.....

EDIT: I loved the fish market!

Polyphony

So I wasn't dreaming when I thought that bloom was nowhere to be found in Photomode again! It was introduced in the Spec II update, but removed in 2.01... weird.

Found a nice list of all shown content that isn't playable/usable in the game right now: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=232678&page=5

I completely forgot about the wet Top Gear test track used in the licence tests. Why can't we have the full track wet? Who knows...

magawolaz

New B-spec Seasonal Events:

- 400PP Grand Valley East / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.120,000 2nd: Cr.73,000 3rd: Cr.64,200
Prize: Helmet
- 500PP Special Stage Route 5 / 5 Laps
1st: Cr.195,000 2nd: Cr.118,500 3rd: Cr.104,100
Prize: Suit
- 650PP Indy – Road Course / 10 Laps
1st: Cr.300,000 2nd: Cr.182,600 3rd: Cr.160,400
Prize: Helmet

And today it's a year since the release of Gran Turismo 5! Happy birthday :D