• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Just got a stand from Wheel Stand Pro a week ago, and a Logitech DFGT wheel to go with. GT5 is now like a totally different game for me, it's simply incredible.

Truespeed

Winterblink said:
Just got a stand from Wheel Stand Pro a week ago, and a Logitech DFGT wheel to go with. GT5 is now like a totally different game for me, it's simply incredible.

You'll need to take pictures and provide detailed feedback. I'm thinking about the WSP.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Now that I've got my $5.99 psn code, I'm debating on picking up the course dlc. If you only play online, is there any reason to buy the course dlc? (since you can already race on the tracks for online for free)

Melfice7

New OCD and there was 1 car i didn't had nice :D i'm currently at 1063 'unique' cars (6 X2010's, 18 race modifications, 5 chrome lines and the DLC) there is like 10 cars im missing :( gotta have 'em all

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Syn23 said:
I have to try to race with those cars on that particular track. I'm not sure if I can avoid being a hindrance to you guys. I'm pretty slow generally and I'm even slower with those cars.
But I'll give it a try. I see that TCS is allowed, I'm not used to use it but maybe with those cars if I put it at 1 or 2 it could help me avoiding some mistakes.
I'm pretty sure you won't be slower than me anyway :p
It's still a lot of fun, I promise.

Drive clean, try to avoid incidents and make it the number 1 priority to avoid reckless driving especially when others are near you, don't cut and be more than polite when being lapped... and you're good to go.

Dash Kappei

Truespeed said:
You'll need to take pictures and provide detailed feedback. I'm thinking about the WSP.
I use it with my G27 and I'd say a WSP is an absolute priority; if you can't afford a proper arm-less (meaning one with no metal between your legs [lol]) racing cockpit, it's the next best thing. It's rock solid, that was my main concern... I'd never go back to being WSP-less.

Mxrz

With so many rally cars in the ocd, I was expecting a rally b-spec. Ah well.

Was there actually some talk about adding xp in arcade/one races? Or was that just random internet stuff?

Polyphony

Dunno, the XP used to go up and down all the time. With the arrival of Spec II and the XP/credit percentage log-in bonuses, I think the prizes will remain fixed for a bit unless there is still mass complaining.

6for8

Melfice7 said:
Damn twice as much as i was expecting, but half of those are standards which there are premiums of too :S so i might just delete those

I believe you can only get the standard version of the premium/standard combination if you import the car from PSP GranTurismo, and then it's only available in Arcade mode. I have never seen a standard Ferrari.

Not as certain as I was before I read your post but I should still have all the cars and I can send you the cars you can gift in a few days.

Polyphony

Hmm, I think I might have a few of those. I have the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) 09 for sure. I could dupe it for you if it's under 1 mil.

I noticed that PD updated with a few photos of their offices. They also added several new job openings

7ttuY.jpg

eZSm1.jpg

6L13h.jpg

lhOJu.jpg

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/

They're hiring for the Tokyo and Fukuoka studios. So, it doesn't seem like they're going to shut down their Tokyo studio.

Last NASCAR challenge at Daytona is taking the best of me. Been stuck with it playing nothing else but that for the past three days (nights). I'm just not that good. Highlights of my performance are reaching second place a few times, and the only one time I was about to overtake the leading car (yellow son of a bitch), he closed me at the last turn, we bumped ever-so-slightly and I got disqualified.

I can proceed through the motions mechanically, but I can't find a way to avoid losing speed through curves. Everybody else flies through them like maniacs, I end up losing most of my speed (i.e. enter at 370+ kmh after the first long straightaway, come out at 320 kmh or less).

I've become better (at this) during the past days, though. I just don't know if I'll get better enough to win this thing before frustration makes me shelf this game for a long-ass time.

Melfice7

6for8 said:
I believe you can only get the standard version of the premium/standard combination if you import the car from PSP GranTurismo, and then it's only available in Arcade mode. I have never seen a standard Ferrari.

Not as certain as I was before I read your post but I should still have all the cars and I can send you the cars you can gift in a few days.

I never seen a standard Ferrari either but i have others like Mercedes and BMW's both premium and standards and i dont have gtpsp so it's weird, but i decided to delete those cloned standards.

Polyphony said:
Hmm, I think I might have a few of those. I have the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) 09 for sure. I could dupe it for you if it's under 1 mil.

It's way over 1mil but thanks :D

SunhiLegend said:
I wish PD would let us use the wind tunnel in GT5. Looks awesome.

Photo travel DLC. Believe!

I don't think i've ever seen the SLS on the wind tunnel before.

SteelAttack said:
Last NASCAR challenge at Daytona is taking the best of me. Been stuck with it playing nothing else but that for the past three days (nights). I'm just not that good. Highlights of my performance are reaching second place a few times, and the only one time I was about to overtake the leading car (yellow son of a bitch), he closed me at the last turn, we bumped ever-so-slightly and I got disqualified.

I can proceed through the motions mechanically, but I can't find a way to avoid losing speed through curves. Everybody else flies through them like maniacs, I end up losing most of my speed (i.e. enter at 370+ kmh after the first long straightaway, come out at 320 kmh or less).

I've become better (at this) during the past days, though. I just don't know if I'll get better enough to win this thing before frustration makes me shelf this game for a long-ass time.
Turn off ABS.

Metalmurphy said:
Turn off ABS.
I can't anymore. D:

I believe that was patched out, since now I can only turn it down to 1. There is no way of turning it off in the options menu.

I mean, who does this kind of stuff? Evil people, that's who.

gokieks

Yeah, removing the ability to turn off assists completely sucks. I did the last few NASCAR special events after they did that, and it was frustrating as all hell.

Mxrz

Well, it isn't that I really need XP or anything. It is just that next week is the 23rd, and that'll mean I've had the game for a year now, and I'm only level 33. It doesn't help that most of my play lately has been picking off-beat cars and going into practice or arcade. I still do the new seasonals when they drop, but the last one barely moved the xp bar with all 5 races and the 200% bonus.

Anyway. Not a real issue or anything. But it feels a bit weird I'll never snag the platinum trophy despite playing the game more than anything else this gen.

Why doesn't PD have a ceiling?

I imagine it is a hassle, but you can uninstall the game data, reinstall and do the NASCAR stuff in 1.0 with the assists off. They ever say why this was changed? Seen people call it a glitch, and intentional both.

* Just checked. Level 33 - 518 wins - 19.8k miles. Maybe I haven't played as much as I thought. Hmm.

Dash Kappei

Honestly the last three things I really want from PD and then I'm set (since leaderboards ain't happening), are:

1) give EXP and credits for ARCADE mode (Ai at 10, damage full, grip, tires/fuel wear, meteo, grid start, one make races... Oh god it'd be glorious!)

2) let me fuckin' swap cars when in GT AUTO

3) don't push me back on GT Life every fuckin time I buy a car from the dealer

Just having the first one would be a total gamechange, but I guess it would've already come with 2.0 if it was planned

Re: leaderboards -I'd be happy having them even if restricted to friends only, just have a board for every course and publish the best time for each one car you/others raced with on said track.
Top times at the top (Red Bull X2011) and Midget&Co at the bottom.

offshore

"3) don't push me back on GT Life every fuckin time I buy a car from the dealer"

I'm still confused as to how PD managed to come up with such a broken system for buying cars - both standard and premium. I'm going to start buying a lot of standard cars now they've got cockpit view, not looking forward to that process though.

Played GT2 for a bit the other night...seriously, PD need to look at GT2 again. Buy Car? Click. Done. Takes about three seconds. And then you can just jump straight to races. In fact, PD should just remake GT2. Think that's going to be the only way we'll get next gen versions of those amazing GT2 courses.

Jilt said:
News upcoming for GT5 and Nissan!

A New DLC or a new GT Academy?

TWITTER

Interesting announcement coming up! Share this post with all your Nissan and Gran Turismo 5 loving friends so they know and all will be revealed a little later on this afternoon...

It's most likely a new GT Academy. I can't see them announcing some form of DLC.

Valentino Rossi was playing GT5 earlier

http://twitter.com/valeyellow46

He was challenging people to beat his Nurburgring time using the Zonda R.

GAF?

So I got a new PS3 a month ago, I had probably 80 hours in GT5, had a bunch of stuff and thought I lost it. I updated to 2.0 recently, but didn't play. Got in today, downloaded the DLC and I see I have 45 cars in my Car Delivery, where are these cars from?

demosthenes said:
GAF?

So I got a new PS3 a month ago, I had probably 80 hours in GT5, had a bunch of stuff and thought I lost it. I updated to 2.0 recently, but didn't play. Got in today, downloaded the DLC and I see I have 45 cars in my Car Delivery, where are these cars from?

The DLC + old tickets you never claimed?

Metalmurphy said:
The DLC + old tickets you never claimed?

Yea but I thought I lost the save file entirely. It didn't get backed up to PS+.

Order of events:
1) PS3 starts to die.
2) Get on PSN, get PS+
3) Get Dark Souls save file on to Cloud
4) PS3 dead completely.

I wasn't able to get any other games saved to the cloud.

demosthenes said:
Yea but I thought I lost the save file entirely. It didn't get backed up to PS+.

Order of events:
1) PS3 starts to die.
2) Get on PSN, get PS+
3) Get Dark Souls save file on to Cloud
4) PS3 dead completely.

I wasn't able to get any other games saved to the cloud.

Doesn't matter, the DLC is saved in your account, since your save was deleted the game doesn't know you already got them once, so it just gives them to you again, but 45 is indeed alot more then just the DLC cars. Can you give some examples what's there besides the Touring Cars, X2011 and the new carts?

Metalmurphy said:
Doesn't matter, the DLC is saved in your account, since your save was deleted the game doesn't know you already got them once, so it just gives them to you again, but 45 is indeed alot more then just the DLC cars. Can you give some examples what's there besides the Touring Cars, X2011 and the new carts?

Yeah, once I get them all received all go trough my Garage and list some, there should be nothing in my garage except these 45 cars, 32 more to go lol.

Well here's the first 13 I got:
1) Red Bull X2011
2) Challenger SRT8 TC
3) CR-Z TC
4) Roadster TC
5) RX-7 TC
6) Lancer Evo X TC
7)GT-R R35 TC
8) Skyline GT-R R33 TC
9) Skyline GT-R R32 TC
10) Skyline GT-R R34 TC
11) Impreza TC
12) Prius TC
13) Racing Kart Jr.

Almost all Touring Cars, what are these? I don't remember them. It seems the rest of the garage are the Delivery are the same cars but different colors.

Oh no, the bonus races are gone? D: I loved making money off of those, thought I would be able to do the same to get some exp/money back XD

Melfice7

Did a double check with the data base 6for8 gave me (thanks for the NSX btw) and im currently missing these:

Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '00
Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '01
DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) 09
Ford GT 02
Ford GT LM Race Car

6 cars and the garage shall be complete :3

The Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge takes place on a special Eifel Circuit 105A track designed by Polyphony Digital using the in-game Course Maker mode, and puts players behind the wheel of a Nissan GT-R (car is made available to users who do not have the car in their own garage).

What's more, players can unlock a very special Nissan GT-R for use just by competing in the event. Now is your chance to add a limited edition vehicle, featuring the same design as the Kyosho diecast GT-R Spec V that was available exclusively in the Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition (pictured above), to your collection of cars in Gran Turismo 5. After finishing the special time trial event, you will receive a message to redeem a car ticket at the "Car Delivery" truck on the My Home screen in order to unlock the vehicle and add it to your garage.

6Oqy3.png

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6108.html

The event starts Monday.

Melfice7 said:
Did a double check with the data base 6for8 gave me (thanks for the NSX btw) and im currently missing these:

Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '00
Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '01
DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00
Ford GT 02
Ford GT LM Race Car

That's awesome!

So, these TC cars are making the earlier races a joke, but I'm glad I can get some races done without spending money :lol

Mxrz said:
I imagine it is a hassle, but you can uninstall the game data, reinstall and do the NASCAR stuff in 1.0 with the assists off.
Is this confirmed, can it be done? I'm definitely doing it if it can be done.

Truespeed said:
I'll do pictures a bit later.

Setup was a breeze, it came basically assembled. The only thing you actually need to do is bolt down the pedals to the bottom bars. With the DFGT, it just clamped down on the mounting plate (no additional screws needed really), plugged it in and was off.

Adjustments are a-plenty. They have these little swing bars for locking adjustments down which makes it easy to make quick changes to a setup. Height and wheel mount angle is adjustable, the mount itself has another adjuster as well. The only adjust I use now is just to swing the whole wheel forward and down out of the way for storage.

The stand itself is very solidly built, absolutely no part of it felt cheap to me. In use I get very little or no motion at all, and I'm playing it on carpet. I play seated back in a soft leather couch, and the stand handles this wonderfully. I can't recommend it enough.

Now I went with the DFGT so I could try out a wheel with GT5. I fucking love it, and I figure if I were to upgrade to a more robust wheel (from Logitech or others) I'll definitely be going back to WSP for the stand if possible.

Finally. I ended up deleting game data and reverting to 1.00whatever, which allowed me to turn ABS off again and nail the event in one fucking try.

I better do the NASCAR series in extreme a spec and b spec before redownloading 2.0 patch.

Mxrz

Is this confirmed, can it be done? I'm definitely doing it if it can be done.
I did it when I switched HDs. I wanted to see how different 1.0 felt so I was messing around mostly. But occasionally the game would freeze. I made sure to back up my save just incase, but I've not noticed any problems.

Bonus cars seem to be linked to game data, and not saved data. When I switched HDs, I noticed the bonus cars I had were missing, and instead I had tickets for them. I thought it was due to playing around without patching, but it happened with my alt account too. I could see DLC + bonus cars racking up there.

Bought a Murciélago for the hell of it. Do not like. I was surprised by the interior, too. I'm now on a mission to drive all the premium cars. This is the first GT where I don't have a clear favorite. So far the closest is probably the Gallardo or the 458.

i-Lo

With regards to World Circuit Tour in Seasonal Events:

I used a race set up ZR1 for Monza and Fuji and ended up with a gold. The PP was arond 670ish. That said, now I have a run into a bit of problem, and is the same thing bugged me tremendously about some races in Prologue. For some reason, I can't win those races any more with same car even a slightly higher PP. Apparently there is always one car away into the distance that I can never catch in time.

Now I am wondering if I should buy the Mazda's green and orange racer/tc, 787B?

Also, does the price for Formula Gran Turismo change from 5 million at all since I heard some people actually got it for half the price?

Ravage

Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '00
Castrol TOM'S SUPRA '01
DENSO SARD SUPRA GT '00
Ford GT 02
Ford GT LM Race Car

Can i have the link to the database? Congrats btw! :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Finally. I ended up deleting game data and reverting to 1.00whatever, which allowed me to turn ABS off again and nail the event in one fucking try.

I better do the NASCAR series in extreme a spec and b spec before redownloading 2.0 patch.

It didn't mess with your save data? Im assuming it didnt. :p

Top Bottom