• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

anddo0

Next update, they should improve the way you purchase cars. I wouldn't mind an "add to cart" feature. Buying multiple cars is way too tedious.

2scoops

So I wasn't dreaming when I thought that bloom was nowhere to be found in Photomode again! It was introduced in the Spec II update, but removed in 2.01... weird.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the bloom!!! I have not checked, but is the 2X Magnification still working?

Syn23

One year after, still playing the game.
Only GT does that.

Is the new 500PP event better than the Rome one to farm credits, in terms of money/time ratio?

anddo0

Only GT does that.

Is the new 500PP event better than the Rome one to farm credits, in terms of money/time ratio?

I'll have to race it again. But, Rome seems better.

The Indy Road course is great xp.cash. It took my BOB 15mins to race (Zonda R '09, tough race). But, the payout was 600k, and 110000xp... Not bad for a 15min race. I have the 200% bonus, so your numbers may vary.

magawolaz

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the bloom!!! I have not checked, but is the 2X Magnification still working?
Yes, it's still there - the 2X was added in 2.01 (the one that removed bloom effect) -

Only GT does that.

Indi is better for credits and experience.
But to be honest I thought PD added some "special" seasonal event for the first birthday of GT5... :( :(

(multiquote ftw)

anddo0

Indi is better for credits and experience.
But to be honest I thought PD added some "special" seasonal event for the first birthday of GT5... :( :(

(multiquote ftw)

The game that keeps on giving. Happy Birthday GT5!

GT5, the only game that I still play regularly on PS3. Happy birthday!

Almost forgot, Happy B-day GT!

The game definitely has legs. I'll put it down for a week or two when a new game releases (Skyrim). But, I always find a reason to get back into it.

It's a shame PD didn't do more to celebrate.

Angst

They did add a special event - a time trial at Eifel where you get the GT-R Academy version as a prize car just for participating.

iT0i4viHy1lQp.gif

My favorite franchise of all time.

Say what? Can you look around in an analogue way similar to head tracking or is it still left/right/back?

It's left and right but it's analogue if you just want to look a lil bit to the left or right you can. Up and down doesn't work.

It's been like that since prologue.

Ravage

Only GT does that.
The game that keeps on giving. Happy Birthday GT5!
GT5, the only game that I still play regularly on PS3. Happy birthday!
Almost forgot, Happy B-day GT!

The game definitely has legs. I'll put it down for a week or two when a new game releases (Skyrim). But, I always find a reason to get back into it.
Happy Birthday GT5. A year later and I still play you all the time. Need to finish my 24hrs of Le Mans next.

Heh, same here :) Happy Birthday GT5!

Niks

Happy anniversary GT5!
May your second year be filled with DLC!!

My most played game this gen.
GT5 should have a counter of hours played.

CaLe

Does head-tracking still work only in Arcade mode ?

I'm interested in purchasing a playstation eye, but I won't if it doesn't work in career mode...

Wow, already a year. I haven't touched my PS3 in a while (Life fucking sucks) but my copy of GT5 is always in it, Happy B-day GT5. The game that keeps on giving, here's to another one year of refinement.

Syn23

IMHO the new B-Spec events are far more difficult than the previous ones.
By the way I got a gold in all three, but the Rome one remains the best to grind money.

Mxrz

I don't want to allow myself to get too exited over new tracks just yet, but ahhmigod! Hopefully with more tracks they'll either add xp to arcade/singles, or at least so dome dlc seasonals.

Need to crunch some numbers to see whether the new b-spec seasonals, or doing a remote race with 5 of my drivers (via an alt account) gives better xp.

Polyphony

Christmas update comes with Santa Claus in the opening scenes bringing you a big wrapped present. Opening it reveals and unlocks a new Christmas themed GT-R V-Spec.

Kaz needs to layout the DLC plans, I want to throw more money at him.

And this december update will be the family one right? Hope this is isn't the main point of it.

offshore

God, I hope that the paint situation is sorted out in this next update. Duping paint is fucking tedious. How can anyone at Polyphony not realise this is a ridicuous design decision? And multiple check boxes for buying standard cars...just started buying standards in earnest...Jesus Fuck, what a tedious process.

Online XP and Credits need another massive boost as well; after doing the four minute Ferrari seasonal on Sarthe I get 330,000 cr; after 5 hours of solid online racing last night I get about 350,000 cr. What a broken economy.

1-D_FTW

Are there any G27 issues I should be aware of? Vaguely remember their being comments on twitchiness when it released. I assume all issues have been ironed out?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Online XP and Credits need another massive boost as well; after doing the four minute Ferrari seasonal on Sarthe I get 330,000 cr; after 5 hours of solid online racing last night I get about 350,000 cr. What a broken economy.

Welcome to me bitching about this a year ago.

Kaz should've just kept the 1.05 patch rewards for EXP/Credits. At least it was less grinding.

Syn23

I think that if the level cap would have been at 35, with the exp given at 1.0 and maybe the daily login bonus that we have today turned down a little bit (like 1.5x max instead of 2x), it would have been perfect. Keep in mind that between level 35 and level 39 nothing new is unlocked: no new cars, tracks or events.

In this way you should only have to win races one time, do some b-spec online races with friends, and do the seasonals (and maybe some online races) in a-spec and you would reach the max level. From there you can continue playing to your liking without worrying about how much exp the race you're doing gives.

IMHO it would have been an overall better experience.

offshore

Welcome to me bitching about this a year ago.
Hehe, well I'm only bitching about it now because the standards have interiors (of sorts), I want to start purchasing them, but would rather not do the Ferrari seasonal 400 times - or any seasonal for that matter, I want to race online. Plus, I did all my offline grinding months ago with the Like The Wind race to get all the premiums.

Since then, I've never been that bothered about how broken the online Cr/XP situation is. It's only when you want to start purchasing things again do you realise how messed up it is.

Top Bottom