• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Angst

I think that if the level cap would have been at 35, with the exp given at 1.0 and maybe the daily login bonus that we have today turned down a little bit (like 1.5x max instead of 2x), it would have been perfect. Keep in mind that between level 35 and level 39 nothing new is unlocked: no new cars, tracks or events.

In this way you should only have to win races one time, do some b-spec online races with friends, and do the seasonals (and maybe some online races) in a-spec and you would reach the max level. From there you can continue playing to your liking without worrying about how much exp the race you're doing gives.

IMHO it would have been an overall better experience.
You do unlock the most hardcore endurance events between level 36 and 40.

Syn23

You do unlock the most hardcore endurance events between level 36 and 40.
You unlock the 24 hours of Le Mans at level 35 and then till you reach level 40 you don't unlock anything. What I was trying to say is that you have nothing new to do between level 35 and level 39, and you are supposed to do a lot of grinding only to unlock the 24 hours Nurburgring.

1-D_FTW

No twitchiness on release, you remembered wrong i guess.

It was Inside Sim Racing comparing all the different wheels available for use in the GT 5 review. They talked about the big dead zone for all the Logitech wheels and the touchy brakes. Go to the 30:16 mark to see the wheel spazzing out by the dead zone issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkavE6EyU_4

Anyone know if this has been addressed?

I've got that 5 dollar BF amazon credit that expires on Dec. 2nd, so I want to use it on something. Just want to make sure this is no longer an issue.

It was Inside Sim Racing comparing all the different wheels available for use in the GT 5 review. They talked about the big dead zone for all the Logitech wheels and the touchy brakes. Go to the 30:16 mark to see the wheel spazzing out by the dead zone issue:

I've got that 5 dollar BF amazon credit that expires on Dec. 2nd, so I want to use it on something. Just want to make sure this is no longer an issue.

The brake "issue" isn't really an issue. GT5 calibrates the brakes on the fly. So if you just booted it, any small touch would be the same as pressing it fully. Just fully press both pedals and voila, it's done. You only need to do it once per boot.

And there is no dead zone issue, what I think they're complaining about is how the wheel just rocks left and right on some cars, but that has nothing to do with deadzone and it's not a problem unless you have really really weak arms. It's a Forcefeedback thing.

Toxa

Confirmed... or do I just have to believe?

believe :(

the F2007 is awesome the best F1

6418001095_58c7f15fa2_b.jpg

6418001383_d74ec40e86_b.jpg

6418002109_51acbfb3f2_b.jpg

6418001825_4ca77957ed_b.jpg

1-D_FTW

The brake "issue" isn't really an issue. GT5 calibrates the brakes on the fly. So if you just booted it, any small touch would be the same as pressing it fully. Just fully press both pedals and voila, it's done. You only need to do it once per boot.

And there is no dead zone issue, what I think they're complaining about is how the wheel just rocks left and right on some cars, but that has nothing to do with deadzone and it's not a problem unless you have really really weak arms. It's a Forcefeedback thing.

That makes sense about the brake issue. Definitely the main issue I was worried about.

I play with my G27's strength cranked up and can play hours without issue. So arm strength isn't an issue. But I can see why they equate it to dead zone issues. The occassional PC game will have this issue and it can be fixed (to a degree) by messing with settings. It's kind of unnatural and suspension-of-disbelief affecting, but not a deal breaker. Going to make sure GT 5 isn't Amazon's 1st Gold Box item before placing the order, though.

Mxrz

I'm glad PD added endurance saves, but these thing still start getting dull after about an hour. I don't mind grinding la Sarthe that much in comparison. I can do it in my sleep at this point.

Xun

I've decided to leave the world of the DS3 behind and I'm looking for a cheapish wheel.

I know the PS3 has a pretty decent selection of wheels, so what would you guys recommend?

spats

I've decided to leave the world of the DS3 behind and I'm looking for a cheapish wheel.

I know the PS3 has a pretty decent selection of wheels, so what would you guys recommend?

Driving Force GT if you want a solid, reliable wheel that won't make you bankrupt. I love mine.

-Amon-

As Metalmurphy said. No touchy brakes, no dead zones. These guys should try to push the pedals down before going all out on youtube.

matmanx1

In honor of the Spec II update and the 1 year birthday of GT5 I have repurchased the game and am glad to say that I am having a blast. So much new content and the game looks better then ever before thanks to my new Panasonic plasma. Happy Birthday GT5 and thanks for the thrills!

magawolaz

http://i.minus.com/i7Ii0KLbM2l1M.gif[IMG]

Credit to magawolaz for the original image. Seems I haven't unlocked the winter version yet, missing one gold.[/QUOTE]

:D That's awesome!

Try to take that missing gold, Ahrweiler-winter is gorgeous.

--------
Now I'm gonna post some pics in the other thread.

How do I get a car suitable for the German Touring Car Championship on the extreme tier? I don't have any suitable cars in my garage, and none of the models seem to be available in the dealerships (new or second hand) or the online dealership. Thanks

spats

How do I get a car suitable for the German Touring Car Championship on the extreme tier? I don't have any suitable cars in my garage, and none of the models seem to be available in the dealerships (new or second hand) or the online dealership. Thanks

I think you can use the Lexus IS-F Racing Concept. Was pretty easy with it.

Polyphony

There's 2 versions of that area. You unlock the Xmas version by golding the Mercedes Challenge.

Hmm, so I should have it then, maybe I just never noticed it. I also realized last week that I was missing the Bernese bridge location. Didn't know you weren't supposed to skip the World Tour event cut-scenes!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Wow, I didn't know that. Still, I don't think I've ever suffered from it... Probably cause I'd hit the pedals full on before racing anyway? Does the cluth's pedal suffer from the same thing? Cause that would explain a lot of my shittiness :p
Can you do the push all the way thing when on the UI at boot up or you gotta be in-race? If the latter, is it ok to do it during a launching start or when on the grid?

Wow, I didn't know that. Still, I don't think I've ever suffered from it... Probably cause I'd hit the pedals full on before racing anyway? Does the cluth's pedal suffer from the same thing? Cause that would explain a lot of my shittiness :p
Can you do the push all the way thing when on the UI at boot up or you gotta be in-race? If the latter, is it ok to do it during a launching start or when on the grid?

It's gotta be during a race, and I'm not sure if it works during the rolling start or not, but it works if it's a standing start.

Marco1

I managed to pickup a GT5 CE cheap and wondered if the spec2 update has improved the framerate and shadows much from how they looked at launch?
Thanks.

Was that a new track at the end? I don't recognise the corner with the rockface.

At first I thought it was from the track creator but I don't think you can get terrain like that from it.

Just before the last track I saw Spa with night settings. I hope the next patch will include time settings for all tracks.

Top Bottom