• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Polyphony

The SX4 would go so well with a Pikes Peak track DLC, make it happen Kaz!

Anyone noticed that the FR-S is also roaming in a barrier-free Rome track in the video? It looks so natural.

iH6rvMtOBYIhT.gif

Yeah, I was bored

That would make a brilliant dynamic XMB Theme.

Angst

2oOii.gif

YXEcf.png

Credits to Polyphony for the Logo and Niks for the banner!

Roadster Cup

Everybody is welcome to join.

BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1323028800z0.png

Allowed cars:
Mazda Roadster TC (DLC car)
Tuning allowed:
No Tuning​
Tyre Selection
Sports Soft
Track:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (10 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 (10 laps)
Laps:
See above
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Light​
Assists
ABS
TCS​
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip: Realistic​

I'll be out of town for this week's race, but the race will take place as usual. Head over to the NRL thread if you want to join us. This race will be less punishing than the ones we've done recently - it's only 10 laps per race, damage will be set to light for a change and the car isn't that fast. So it's a perfect opportunity for everyone to try their hand at a GAF race. As MM and I have said repeatedly in this thread - if you want good online races without having randoms ruining the races, the GAF races is the place to go.

NRL Thread

Some SunhiLegend GIFs from our previous races:
i6K68WLzhTLcm.gif

iMnopTjI4Hzgc.gif

It definitely could be GT5, but it's hard to be sure.

And yeah, this weekend's GAF race will be great and closer than ever, you only need the game updated and the DLC and you're good to go!! You don't need to know how to tune your car or be an expert driver. The Miata Touring Car is stable and agile and with light damage you'll be able to drive bumper to bumper.

They are only 10 laps each, as well! And Angst is working on a classification system, if you win you can say you are GAF World Champion 2011 ;D

amar212

Question is will they release it outside Japan too?

I sincerely hope so, we never got Prologue Spec III retail, while upcoming DLC plans shows how GT5 will have legs much longer than expected.

BTW FT86 basically officially confirmed for DLC:

The #ScionFRS will be available as downloadable content in the new #GT5 game! #PS3 #Playstation3

http://twitter.com/#!/scionracing

AfjcYbZCIAEzPH2.jpg

For whole 3 seconds I thought how the track is Midfield Raceway :)

It's an excellent wheel for the price. The pedals are a little cheapy feeling but the wheel itself gives some great feedback and for the price you really can't beat it. It's better than the DFGT but it had been a while since I used a G25/27 so I can't really compare directly.

I upgraded to the GT2 with Clubsport pedals after using the Carrera for about a year, probably wouldn't have upgraded but I needed something to use on all platforms.

Polyphony

New Seasonals

Time Trial No. 24
246HP Madrid City / Reverse Time Trial
X2010 Monza Circuit Time Trial

Drift Trial No. 24
Chamonix Mini Drift Trial
Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse Drift Trial

Beautiful.

Now that GT5 has been out a year and Spec 2 has officially become a retail disc, I hope they release some updated sales figures. I'd love to know how many it's sold in its first 12 months.

They'll probably update the sales this December, since the last update was also in December.

offshore

amar212 said:
For whole 3 seconds I thought how the track is Midfield Raceway :)
Dammit amar! I saw the word Midfield and instantly got excited :(

@Angst, I'd definitely race, but I don't have the DLC cars, and I can't justify buying them. Maybe the next batch of cars will be better, *hint* HSV *hint*. They've been working on that car for two years now, it's gotta be finished by now...

Polyphony

Did a lot of great racing online tonight, I love how SRF Off is basically a filter to find clean racing lobbies.

I had this one intense battle on the Daytona Road Course that ended up in a draw. Here's what a 0.000 split looks like lol

6440281159_c6e310d287_z.jpg

Marco1

Received this yesterday and after installing the patches and buying the DLC, I am finding the karts to be the most fun.
The way they skip across the corners feels so lifelike also Spa and the cockpit view for the F40 are godly.
I never thought I would say it but I am loving this more than forza4 but then I have only played it for 2 days.

Ok, I maxed out the Credits and I still have the latest time trials to do, so... who wants some free (below 1M credits, but the closer the better) cars?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ok, I maxed out the Credits and I still have the latest time trials to do, so... who wants some free (below 1M credits, but the closer the better) cars?

OHHHH! ME! PICK ME! ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!
It would get me back to playing since I'm tired of the grind

gokieks

I ran into the same thing multiple times over before reaching Lv. 40 and being able to buy the X2010s to blow cash. What I ended up doing was just buying tuning upgrades and keep them inventoried.

So now I have like 65 sets of every item I would ever use to upgrade a car.

OHHHH! ME! PICK ME! ME! MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!
It would get me back to playing since I'm tired of the grind

What do you want?

I ran into the same thing multiple times over before reaching Lv. 40 and being able to buy the X2010s to blow cash. What I ended up doing was just buying tuning upgrades and keep them inventoried.

So now I have like 65 sets of every item I would ever use to upgrade a car.
The thing is, by doing the time trials I'll have enough money again to buy all the upgrades I want. It'll be a chore just stacking them all in storage.

Polyphony

I once had 20 million credits, and blew it all on a Jaguar XJ-13. Little did I know, it was a prize car for the Indy Endurance race. Feels bad man...

gokieks

The thing is, by doing the time trials I'll have enough money again to buy all the upgrades I want. It'll be a chore just stacking them all in storage.

Yeah, but you can only send 1 car a day, so that's hardly a efficient way to spend money. Plus, I need to save that slot for sending myself Ticket 1000 to try to get the cars I don't own yet. And I already own every single purchasable premium car in the game, with multiple copies of the ones I actually want to upgrade/drive.

Toxa

Gran Turismo 5′s Data Logger Soon Available to Consumers

After more than a year without any mention of Gran Turismo 5‘s real-world visualization capabilities, the novel feature has suddenly returned to the spotlight with the debut of the Scion FR-S/Toyota 86.

The feature was recently shown off using the new car in a video from Japan, though there was still nothing to suggest it was anything more than a technology concept.

Apparently, however, that’s not the case, as U.S. GT producer Taku Imasaki reveals the feature will be “soon be available to consumers”. Mr. Imasaki also discusses the potential of digitized “celebrity laps”, which the feature will enable.

Original demo video from January 2010, featuring a Lexus IS-F.

Keep an eye out for more details on the data-logging system closer to the official launch of the Scion FR-S next year. The new car has already been confirmed as DLC for GT5 sometime in the future.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5s-data-logger-soon-available-to-consumers/

TheSeks

What do you want?

I'd like to finish the Premium section's lower/under-or-at-1-mill car choices. While leaving the higher than 1 million purposely for grind.

I'll get back to you with what I have in a little bit.

TheSeks

Metal: Anything under or at 1million in the Premium dealership would be nice.

I don't need/have:

-Acura NSX '91
-All the Alfa Romeos in the New Dealership
-Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
-Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07
-Audi TTS Coupe '09
-Audi R8 5.8 FSI Quattro '09
-BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07
-Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (c6) '09
-Citroen C4 WRC '08
-Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
-Dodge Challenger R/T '70
-Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
-Ferrari F40 '92
-Ferrari California '08
-Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
-Ferrari 458 Italia '09
-Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
-Ferrari F10 '10
-Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
-Ford Focus ST '06
-Ford GT '06
-Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
-Honda CIVIC Type R (EK) '97
-Honda CR-Z alpha '10
-Honda EPSON NSX '08
-Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
-Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
-Lotus Elise 111R '04
-Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
-Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
-Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
-Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
-Mini Cooper S '07
-Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
-Nissan March 12SR '07
-Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
-Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
-Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
-Nissan GT-R Proto '05
-Nissan GT-5 '07
-Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
-Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11
-Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08
-Peugeot 207 GTI '07
-Shelby Cobra 427 '66
-Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10
-Subaru Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08
-Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
-Suzuki Swift Sport '05
-Suzuki Cervo SR '07
-Tesla Roadster '08
-Toyota Prius G '09
-Toyota FT-86 Concept '09
-Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept '10
-Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra '97
-TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
-All of Volkswagen/VW with the exception of the "TYP2(T1)" Sambabus '62
-Volvo C30 R-Design '09
-AEM S2000
-AMUSE NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
-Gran Turismo PDI Racing Kart 100
-Spoon Sports Spoon CR-Z

(*whew*) Anything you want to buy that isn't those in the premium dealership would be nice. The Sambabus would complete my VW collection for premiums, for one. The single-dealerships would be nice to clean up (since they're like 400,000-ish credits?), or helping with some of the bigger dealers (Ford/Chevy notable) would be nice. As would be near the 1,000,000 credit trade cap. So surprise me with whatever you want to send. I need the cars and less grinding. :lol

Metal: Anything under or at 1million in the Premium dealership would be nice.

I don't need/have:

-Acura NSX '91
-All the Alfa Romeos in the New Dealership
-Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06
-Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07
-Audi TTS Coupe '09
-Audi R8 5.8 FSI Quattro '09
-BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07
-Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (c6) '09
-Citroen C4 WRC '08
-Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
-Dodge Challenger R/T '70
-Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
-Ferrari F40 '92
-Ferrari California '08
-Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
-Ferrari 458 Italia '09
-Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67
-Ferrari F10 '10
-Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
-Ford Focus ST '06
-Ford GT '06
-Ford Mark IV Race Car '67
-Honda CIVIC Type R (EK) '97
-Honda CR-Z alpha '10
-Honda EPSON NSX '08
-Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66
-Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
-Lotus Elise 111R '04
-Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
-Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
-Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
-Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
-Mini Cooper S '07
-Mitsubishi i-MiEV '09
-Nissan March 12SR '07
-Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP '06
-Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec (R33) '97
-Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
-Nissan GT-R Proto '05
-Nissan GT-5 '07
-Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
-Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11
-Nissan Calsonic Impul GT-R '08
-Peugeot 207 GTI '07
-Shelby Cobra 427 '66
-Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10
-Subaru Cusco Dunlop Subaru Impreza '08
-Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
-Suzuki Swift Sport '05
-Suzuki Cervo SR '07
-Tesla Roadster '08
-Toyota Prius G '09
-Toyota FT-86 Concept '09
-Toyota FT-86 G Sports Concept '10
-Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra '97
-TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
-All of Volkswagen/VW with the exception of the "TYP2(T1)" Sambabus '62
-Volvo C30 R-Design '09
-AEM S2000
-AMUSE NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
-Gran Turismo PDI Racing Kart 100
-Spoon Sports Spoon CR-Z

(*whew*) Anything you want to buy that isn't those in the premium dealership would be nice. The Sambabus would complete my VW collection for premiums, for one. The single-dealerships would be nice to clean up (since they're like 400,000-ish credits?), or helping with some of the bigger dealers (Ford/Chevy notable) would be nice. As would be near the 1,000,000 credit trade cap. So surprise me with whatever you want to send. I need the cars and less grinding. :lol

Oh common man, you don't really expect me to go look at the dealership and then run back to the pc to see if you have it or not. Just pick one that doesn't have a check mark on it.

1-D_FTW

Just got my GT 5 today. Glad I took a leap and purchased it.

Quick impressions from a couple races with the Ferrari F40 and Shelby in arcade mode (all driving assists/car aides off with G27): tracks are kind of ugly, tearing is unfortunate, but the car library and physics will have me playing this for quite a while. G27 works flawlessly.

Now to grind my way up so I can get some fun cars in non-arcade mode.

Quick impressions from a couple races with the Ferrari F40 and Shelby in arcade mode (all driving assists/car aides off with G27): tracks are kind of ugly, tearing is unfortunate, but the car library and physics will have me playing this for quite a while. G27 works flawlessly.

Got this game recently too.
Any tips for beginners? I hear it takes a long time to grind out money to get decent cars.

paskowitz

Make sure you go to settings and turn the feedback strength to 10 and the effects to simulation. This really makes the most of the wheel.

Got this game recently too.
Any tips for beginners? I hear it takes a long time to grind out money to get decent cars.

Log in every day until your bonus is 200% then just rock the seasonal events that offer the most cash. They are far more efficient than the A-spec events. Also invest in b-spec. Every time you go out, sleep, eat, whatever, b-spec. Once you hit lvl 30-35 just leave it on during the night and run endurance events. Combine these two and you are looking at roughly 1 million credits a day with only 1 hour of actual time in front of the TV.

Also make sure you the special events as soon as they are available they have good payouts in terms of experience and money.

Second piece of advice, get a Corvette ZR1. It is one of the most versatile cars in terms of A spec events. For seasonals try and lvl up so you can get a Ferrari Enzo, fully tune it, then do the Ferrari event at Le Mans. You can cut the track and get roughly $300k in under 4 minutes. Its grinding for sure, but its the quickest way I have found.

Last but not least, get online and join the NeoGAF Racing League.

1-D_FTW

Make sure you go to settings and turn the feedback strength to 10 and the effects to simulation. This really makes the most of the wheel.

Log in every day until your bonus is 200% then just rock the seasonal events that offer the most cash. They are far more efficient than the A-spec events. Also invest in b-spec. Every time you go out, sleep, eat, whatever, b-spec. Once you hit lvl 30-35 just leave it on during the night and run endurance events. Combine these two and you are looking at roughly 1 million credits a day with only 1 hour of actual time in front of the TV.

Also make sure you the special events as soon as they are available they have good payouts in terms of experience and money.

Second piece of advice, get a Corvette ZR1. It is one of the most versatile cars in terms of A spec events. For seasonals try and lvl up so you can get a Ferrari Enzo, fully tune it, then do the Ferrari event at Le Mans. You can cut the track and get roughly $300k in under 4 minutes. Its grinding for sure, but its the quickest way I have found.

Last but not least, get online and join the NeoGAF Racing League.

That's some really solid advice.

And I was wondering if I could crank the FF up. Spent about 5 minutes looking, but only found more menus. Will definitely be doing that.

Top Bottom