• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Niks

Probably the most valuable info of all, thank you for that.

Total overhaul of the tire-compound logic is one o the most underrated aspects of the Spec 2.0 update.

From Spec 2.0, Comfort compound has become what is really is - the *normal*, street-compound. Same as in days of early Prologue (prior to the Spec II) update, or in times of GT Academy Demo, Comfort compound have been drastically revamped, improved and made convincing.

From my perspective I can tell how post Spec 2.0 all weekend-races of my GTSurgeons community are run on CS compound for all non-race cars, but also including new Mazda Roadster TC and some lower-spec race-cars.

Comfort Soft compound has (finally) become what Sport Hard/Medium were before the Spec 2.0 and level of grip and portrayal of tire-physics is now extremely refined. Major improvement on every front - including suspension modeling - have probably gave a more room to make tires more convincing and example for this FT-86 event gives a pretty good direction for fitting a particular compound to the particular type (model) of the car.

I would really love that PD release some kind of guidance-table - as they did for GT5: Prologue - in order to showcase the proper compound-fit for achieving the RL spec of the tires. I know 99% of the players will not give a F about that - I am still amazed how all races in Open Lobbies are run on Race Soft compound - but I know many who will welcome such "guidance".

Me and my friends most, because it would save us precious hours of discussion about is the Comfort Medium or Comfort Soft the right compound to run RUF RGT races :)

I dont understand.
By that logic then sports tires are in fact racing tires and racing tires are fantasy-land tires?
Something is wrong if you are using comfort tires for racing cars.

chepu

I dont understand.
By that logic then sports tires are in fact racing tires and racing tires are fantasy-land tires?
Something is wrong if you are using comfort tires for racing cars.

No, its like the real deal, you have the Radial tires (streetable) in three different compounds, hard, medium and soft. Usually sport cars, and some supercars come with those tires, ex: the Lancer Evolution, corvette, etc.

then you have sport tires, which are semi slick (not recommended for street use) in their different compounds.

aaand then, you have the racing tires (slick) which are only for track use.

Kaz_Yamauchi: The release of the next GT5 update, DLC, and Christmas present is coming next week

Kaz_Yamauchi: There should be a press release about it through various media tomorrow.

Awesome, just in time for some of my days off!

amar212

Tracks. Tracks. Tracks. Tracks. Tracks.

And DLC Paint Shop. And DLC cars to be available for additional purchase in Dealserships. And Public Matchmaking. And "civilian" driving gear. And Bring the Bloom Back™.

And that is it basically.

magawolaz

Press release through various media? Hum.... Something tells me this is gonna be a reasonably big update.
Looks like it. Can't wait.

Tracks. Tracks. Tracks. Tracks. Tracks.

And DLC Paint Shop. And DLC cars to be available for additional purchase in Dealserships. And Public Matchmaking. And "civilian" driving gear. And Bring the Bloom Back™.

And that is it basically.
That was already confirmed, right?
I really hope to see new tracks. I don't mind old tracks seen in GT4/PSP packed with better textures (sort of standard tracks, like Laguna Seca lol)

gogogow

I hope they are gonna fix the pitstop bug in the Tsukuba endurance races (they are not fixed right?). Not gonna start them till I can just resume the race WITH control over MY car.

AndyD

aka andydumi
We need new cars. Different cars, not rehashes of existing ones.

I think this DLC will be a little more telling of their strategy going forward. In terms of types of cars/tracks/stuff we will see.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Blog Post with all the info

Patch 2.02 Changelog said:

• Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
  • The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
  • In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
  • Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
  • Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
  • In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the
  • [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
  • In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
  • In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
  • Improved racing sound effects
  • Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked

offshore

"Car Pack 2 includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.

As an additional gift to players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will also receive the stunning Toyota FT-86 2012 to add to their in-game collection."

6507730655_518e8d36d1_b.jpg

6510002339_4f8bce4779_b.jpg

6507730589_129b7465c7_b.jpg

6510001919_f5e9845d9e_b.jpg

6507730529_7032410470_b.jpg

6507730457_7afa79820c_b.jpg

6510004555_8eff8e113a_b.jpg

6507730359_c5a2964d8a_b.jpg

6510014289_ab04c07a48_b.jpg

Polyphony

Sweet, the car I wanted the most is free. Will probably still get the pack though, it's a dollar for a car.

It's also nice to see that you can change wheels for Standards now. More customization is always welcome.

No Pikes Peak? :(

C_H_T

Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time

In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event

Yeah!

People should remember that course take them a really long time to build from scratch. Those aren't going to come at a steady pace and it's possible that they'll never release another DLC course for GT5. They're working on GT6, so they don't want to put everything into the DLC for GT5.

People should remember that course take them a really long time to build from scratch. Those aren't going to come at a steady pace and it's possible that they'll never release another DLC course for GT5. They're working on GT6, so they don't want to put everything into the DLC for GT5.

There's always GT4 tracks.

There's always GT4 tracks.

I'm guessing that the reaction toward GT4 courses being included in GT5 has turned them off from reusing those assets. It's a shame since i'd love to see Seattle, El Capitan or Citta di Aria, but I can't really blame them for not doing it after the reaction to standard cars and courses.

Marco1

Although I was really disappointed in GT5, PD have shown fantastic support for it although some may argue he is polishing the game up to what it should have been at launch before Sony ordered him to put together what he had.
I just wish turn10 would show the same devotion yet I think MS have a different approach that appears to be, 1 year of monthly DLC while working on the next annual iteration.
To be honest I don't know which I would support the most.

Marco1

I'm guessing that the reaction toward GT4 courses being included in GT5 has turned them off from reusing those assets. It's a shame since i'd love to see Seattle, El Capitan or Citta di Aria, but I can't really blame them for not doing it after the reaction to standard cars and courses.

I agree, it is a shame, I would love to see all those tracks even if they are just quick re-hashes of GT4 assets.

Although I was really disappointed in GT5, PD have shown fantastic support for it although some may argue he is polishing the game up to what it should have been at launch before Sony ordered him to put together what he had.
I just wish turn10 would show the same devotion yet I think MS have a different approach that appears to be, 1 year of monthly DLC while working on the next annual iteration.
To be honest I don't know which I would support the most.

It makes more sense to treat a racing game as a platform.

offshore

I'm guessing that the reaction toward GT4 courses being included in GT5 has turned them off from reusing those assets.

I don't think that's necessarily the issue, it's the fact that you either use all of them, or none of them at all. Laguna Seca, Trial Mountain, Monaco, et al, look garbage, but it's hard to imagine the others looking much worse, so why not just include them.

If they were trying to make their PS2 track selection hoping it wouldn't destabilise the consistency of the tracks, then they failed pretty spectacularly. The game is already wildly inconsistent, they may as well just chuck them all in. They had no compunction chucking all the cars in.

Putty

Some canny gui fixes in that list. Any functions still missing that p!sses people off in terms of gui usability/accessibility? I'll take them cars also thanks PD!

2scoops

I just might not be seeing it in the list, but is there any mention of being able to purchase the last DLC cars ( for those who did buy it ) in the dealership now?

Does not matter to me really, but aside from that, i'm pretty happy with the update and DLC cars. Lots of good features IMO.

Also, as Metalmurphy said, curious about the improved racing sound effects.....

Polyphony

That was my initial thought as well. People bitched so much about the standard content initially. Those who stuck with the game and that are still playing don't care as much though. The recycling of assets isn't a detriment to my enjoyment of the driving experience as much as a lack of variety.

Top Bottom