• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Solal

Some canny gui fixes in that list. Any functions still missing that p!sses people off in terms of gui usability/accessibility? I'll take them cars also thanks PD!

Still not able to change car after selecting a track without having to go back to menu-> Garage-> menu-> training-> Track-> training options...and reload the fucking same track!

This is such an obvious problem it should have never existed in the first place.

When you have 1100 cars in a game, making it easy to change a car should be priority n°1.

ho...and another GTR. Great. I hope Nissan made a huge check to PD cause i ain't paying for it.

Polyphony

Yeah that's pretty annoying. I just use my own lobby nowadays to practice. Enter lobby, set track, restrictions, etc and you have access to all your cars from the garage. For one-make practice races, you'd have to reload anyway to change the AI opponents. But with the lobby, there are no offline leaderboards for your laps, that's the main difference I guess.

I was looking at the FT86 Club forums, and I found these pics of the GT5 demo at the FR-S reveal party thing:

4a6992c2.jpg

ce75dbdc.jpg

8f63f607.jpg

That last one is interesting, I've never seen that attract mode screen before.

Toxa

Karts Featured in New GT5 Time & Drift Trials, OCD Updated

New Time and Drift trials have just gone live in Gran Turismo 5. Here’s a look at the new events, which feature the game’s karts and a double-feature of the Nurburgring GP/F circuit. The Online Car Dealership has also been updated –
Time Trial No. 25

Racing Kart 100 Kart Space I Time Trial
Period of Availability: 2011/12/14 22:00 – 2011/12/28 22:00
Gold: Cr.250,000 Silver: Cr.150,000 Bronze: Cr.100,000
Nissan GT-R N24 Nürburgring GP/F Time Trial
Drift Trial No. 25

High Speed Ring / Reverse Drift Trial
Nürburgring GP/F Drift Trial

http://www.gtplanet.net/karts-featured-in-new-gt5-time-drift-trials-ocd-updated/

I don't think they're ever going to change the paint system. It's the most fucked up thing I've ever seen.

But didn't Kaz come out and say they were changing the paint system in this months update back when the first DLC dropped?

Skyrim on my PS3 has really sullied me on the waning days of this console generation. I think it is time to get back into PC racing, rFactor 2 looks amazing and GT5 looks like it will never deliver even 10% of what most people anticipated as "routine" DLC releases.

BeeDog

And what is that supposed to mean exactly?

I pray it means they have mixed the audio differently. I personally think the sounds in GT5 are alright, it's just that if you race from the cockpit view, the engine sounds are hollow as hell. Oh, and I hope they apply some proper bass to all sounds; right now engines sound flat as fuck.

I pray it means they have mixed the audio differently. I personally think the sounds in GT5 are alright, it's just that if you race from the cockpit view, the engine sounds are hollow as hell. Oh, and I hope they apply some proper bass to all sounds; right now engines sound flat as fuck.

I agree on all fronts. I hope it means louder and better engine sounds. It's just that labeling it "racing sound effects" sounds a little strange. I'd like better crash sound effects too.

offshore

But didn't Kaz come out and say they were changing the paint system in this months update back when the first DLC dropped?

When he said they'd be adding DLC cars to the dealer, I think some thought he meant they'd do the same with paint as well, but I don't think they're going to change it now. A paint chip store with every chip unlocked would be so much better.

dubc35

I've yet to buy any of the last DLC and based on the list of what this DLC is, I won't buy it either. It will be interesting to see if a real race track (Circuit of the Americas) is announced, designed, built and held an F1 GP before GT5 releases >1 track as DLC, lol.

ashk

I've yet to buy any of the last DLC and based on the list of what this DLC is, I won't buy it either. It will be interesting to see if a real race track (Circuit of the Americas) is announced, designed, built and held an F1 GP before GT5 releases >1 track as DLC, lol.

?

There are already 2 DLC tracks.

Chris R

You didn't buy SPA??? What is wrong with you!

brentech

Wow, poor guy in 2nd place. At least he was sportsmanlike enough to not weave down the straight like people do online.

Yeah, but the guy that won could have overtaken at numerous points, he braked or let off the gas so many times towards the end of that last lap in order to set himself up for that. If he didn't do it, it just would have been reversed on him.

razu

I would welcome an option to choose the sound independently from the view. In my opinion, in-car/bonnet/bumper are the best views, chase—with its exhaust-heavy mix—is the best for audio.

gogogow

You didn't buy SPA??? What is wrong with you!

Why buy it when you can play it for free. It's not like PD gave us new A-Spec events, like new Cups and a Endurance Race. I just played the new Seasonal Event, it was a time trial in the DLC Kart Track. Anyone can play it withouth paying. PD should add a Spa Seasonal Event ASAP!

Mxrz

I'm happy about the new stuff, but. . .

- No XP for Arcade mode.
- No redesign of the f'ing silly paint chip system.
- No weather/night options for more tracks.
- No easy way to check your garage from the ocd/ucd/gt auto.

Hurrrgh. I have a hard time understanding how those couldn't be the top of the 'fix' lists. The new dlc cars seem a bit lackluster. I'm sure it'll please some. But there's a large number of standard cars that need a premium, or at the least a better interior view. Starting to wonder if there isn't more to it like licensing, or even reskin vs new models or something.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Awful DLC.
They keep putting out updated 2012 version of PREMIUM cars alteady in the fucking game when there's an infinite number of EU/USA cars lacking.
Very disappointed, doesn't give me hope for the next DLC since it's starting to show as a trail here, doing it on purpose to keep important cars for GT6? At least give us a premium RUF (Yellow Bird!) ffs.

Also I'm mad at you guys for no $XP@Arcade! You should've twitted Kaz about that a long time ago but I'll forgive you if you do it nao ;)

Seriously, reworked paint chips system (or at least if you don't want to make 'em infinite let me go back if I don't like how it looks with a real preview!) and credits+xp for Arcade would make me play this game for another two years.
It saddens me that there's a much better SP portiont of the game (better AI, custom race & car/rivals picks, simulation, damage, Spa, Meteo, Standing starts...) locked out from me because of some absurd logic. It never made sense imo, but it objectively doesn't now that 1 year has passed and only enthusiasts are still playing the game.

amar212

Also I'm mad at you guys for no $XP@Arcade!.

It doesn't make any sense, sorry.

XP is something you obtain in the both A/B-Spec career or Career-based events and you only "need" them for the Career.

Arcade mode is Arcade mode. Two universes.

On the other hand, there should definitely be XP/Cr bonuses for finished One Make Races in the A-Spec Practice mode.

Dead Man

XP is something you obtain in the both A/B-Spec career or Career-based events and you only "need" them for the Career.

On the other hand, there should definitely be XP/Cr bonuses for finished One Make Races in the A-Spec Practice mode.

It makes perfect sense, it is about the only way to make a custom race, and has all the attributes of a real race, so XP should be earned. It would certainly help avoid the grind. There is no reason for the separation of A spec and Arcade.

Lol, I just got this calender reminder. I guess I copied and pasted this as a calender reminder a year a go today. How hauntingly relevant my statements still are.

"PD needs to at the very least double their staff. Hire more immediately to fix GT5 and create some new content for it. By the time GT6 is in full development they should have over 100% of their current staff numbers. Moreover, hire a fucking western project leader to make sure the game isn't a broken piece of chronically delayed shit.

Sorry for all the negativity lately but this is the exact same dumb crap that every GT game has suffered from and the frustration gets worse and worse each release. I love these games and play them more than any other franchise so it gets to me. Since GT2 I have been hoping things will get fixed that are blatantly broken but the dev time gets longer and the problems get bigger. I am so fucking pissed because this is it, this is our broken shitty GT game for the next 5 years. Then the hype cycle restarts and GT6 will be vaunted as the one that finally turns the series around and I promise you it will be the exact same mess just with a new area of defects. PS4 won't be good enough, PS16 won't be good enough. The systems are never good enough because PD is an archaic inefficient joke.

I wager a F1 2010 car that by this time next year the updates and DLC will have been sparse and disappointing. PD is broken and Sony isn't going to ever "correct" them. 6 years and one of the largest game budgets to date yielded this fucked pathetic mess. Don't expect any better next time or for DLC to fix anything significant. Worst of all our only communication with PD is through "Kaz Tweets" which is as effective as translating badger mating calls to dolphin high fives back into English all in 140 characters or less."

offshore

"I wager a F1 2010 car that by this time next year the updates and DLC will have been sparse and disappointing."

Well the first DLC pack was alright, but I don't understand how we've gone from 15 cars for €7.99 to 4 cars for €3.99. And another GT-R. There's already six premium GT-R's in the game; seven if you count the Proto. If you're gonna make another premium GT-R, at least make it the Pace Car...

I think the only way you could define GT5 DLC after over a year of being released is "sparse and disappointing"

What a let down, yet not surprising in the least.

brentech

Exactly my thoughts when reading that stuff. Arcade mode is supposed to be disconnected; it's made for jump on and play with/without a buddy.

That said, arcade mode races are better than just "one make" and with damage modeling improved, I don't see why that shouldn't be a part of the career mode in some form. Practice mode should basically be the same thing only with XP awards. Just another baffling decision, "people probably don't want to see their cars damaged, so we won't even make it an option in singleplayer."

Polyphony

Sometimes I wonder how much Kaz plays his own game, because there are so many things that were overlooked.

I also agree about Arcade and Career being separate. But it's a shame that we'll never get adaptive opponents in practice races like in Arcade. I don't even see a request for this feature on gtplanet's feedback list, it must not be a very popular idea...

Top Bottom