• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

Just noticed this while looking at the new patch details.

Finally, anyone who purchased the first batch of DLC will receive a free “Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP” along with five free “New Car Refresh” cards that reset any car in the game back to as-new condition, without losing any modifications that have been performed to it.

Cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So after 10 years begging for damage now we prefer it off and want liveries? lol

There's damage? I haven't honestly noticed since A-spec doesn't include it. :/

Also wasn't there supposed to be a patch and FT-86?

Maybe we need a Kaz version of that Miyamoto 4chan picture. Something like ...

"So after 10 years of begging, I implement damage. But no, you hate damage now. You want a livery editor now!"

etc.

Yeah that's what I thought too :p

"You said you wanted online so I ask another studio to make good online and then you want more A-Spec events so I add seasonals. But seasonals are too hard so I make them easier and now you say it is too easy!"

etc :D

amar212

Maybe we need a Kaz version of that Miyamoto 4chan picture. Something like ...

"So after 10 years of begging, I implement damage. But no, you hate damage now. You want a livery editor now!"

etc.

Honorable mentions:

- 3d animated spectators with individual animations
- reverse lights
- progressive visual damage
- volumetric smoke
- skidmarks
- cockpits for all cars
- real time wether and day/night transitions
- course generator
- online racing in general
- changeable rims for Standard cars (coming tomorrow)
- improved sounds (coming tomorrow)

But no. Now you want 3D trees!

Man, if I were him... I don't know. My personal opinion about gaming public in general would be very... specific.

Yeah that's what I thought too :p

"You said you wanted online so I ask another studio to make good online and then you want more A-Spec events so I add seasonals. But seasonals are too hard so I make them easier and now you say it is too easy!"

etc :D
Honorable mentions:

- 3d animated spectators with individual animations
- reverse lights
- progressive visual damage
- volumetric smoke
- skidmarks
- cockpits for all cars
- real time wether and day/night transitions
- course generator
- online racing in general
- changeable rims for Standard cars (coming tomorrow)
- improved sounds (coming tomorrow)

But no. Now you want 3D trees!

Man, if I were him... I don't know. My personal opinion about gaming public in general would be very... specific.

And it should end with "That's why I make Motor Toon Grand Prix 3. At least kids will always like it!". :D

Niks

I for one, would welcome custom liveries.
with the option to turn them off/block them

Its just another layer in the world of racing, and done right could be very engaging. Its another one of those what if things in GT5...
Hell PD could release "DLC skin packs" I know I would buy em if reasonably priced.

offshore

- volumetric smoke

Well I'm so glad they implemented this because seriously, how good is the smoke in GT5? Smoke trails last for ages.

It's so awesome coming around the last bend at Daytona, seeing cars ahead of you spin out, and only being able to see a massive sheet of smoke. In fact they've probably gone a bit overboard, but I don't care :lol

Dibbz

Yup the smoke in GT5 is amazing.

ibc57SZNO5IaQg.gif

From the GAF GT5 race this weekend. Let's not go into how that accident started though :p

amar212

Yeah.

This is really mind-blowing stuff.

I still remember one of his 2009 interviews where he talked how the career in GT5 will be different than any other previous GT games, because responses of producers in abroad offices (US, EU) were how majority of GT players finds structure of GT4 too big, too complex and too diverse.

He couldn't see it coming, could he? :D

Also, the shitrain on GTPlanet once the Seasonals were introduced was beyond imaginable. I can still remember both first Seasonal Events, especially the two probably most famous one that were part of the 2nd batch: RX-7 run on Tsukuba and Focus run on Madrid. Those two remains the two greatest challenges ever conceived in GT5.

But no, it is too hard to win the race without SRF and Racing Softs, isn't it?

And than everything went down the drain basically. I would kill for proposed restrictions as in the first Seasonals, no problem if everything was left opened for sake of less demanding players. But just some small text, some small guide about where the challenge lies...

But no, now you want me to make a NFS Underground game!

Dibbz

On the topic of seasonals, I did like the early few. Super tight restrictions with really tough opposition.

One thing I didn't like was you had to fight from the back. If there was a qualification session to help make the race about overtaking only one or two cars and defending your position from cars behind rather than trying to overtake everyone in 5 laps it would have been a lot more fun.

As it stands right now, seasonals are a fun way to make lots of money but don't really have much replay value.

GT + NFS: Underground customisation options? Yes please.

I don't know why some people are so afraid of customisation options lke that.

Because, you know, options conf ... Oh, wait, not that again. :lol

But seriously, I'd LOVE more body customization. It's an essential part of the whole "you own the car" philosophy that GT is supposed to have.

Also, the shitrain on GTPlanet once the Seasonals were introduced was beyond imaginable. I can still remember both first Seasonal Events, especially the two probably most famous one that were part of the 2nd batch: RX-7 run on Tsukuba and Focus run on Madrid. Those two remains the two greatest challenges ever conceived in GT5.

And than everything went down the drain basically.

On the topic of seasonals, I did like the early few. Super tight restrictions with really tough opposition.

I agree with both of you, the first seasonals were great :( A shame that there was so much bitching.

Chris R

I agree with both of you, the first seasonals were great :( A shame that there was so much bitching.

The only thing I didn't like about the first seasonals was the tweaking required to even come close to being able to get the gold. They were just right difficulty wise though once you got the cars properly tweaked.

6for8

The first couple sets of seasonals and later the expert seasonals were sooo good. The forced SRF and easy times have, with a couple of exceptions, made the seasonals nothing but a bank machine. I would pay a couple of $ every week if we could return to the earlier model. Maybe just add a random level or year ticket as a prize and I would be ready to go.

Also, the shitrain on GTPlanet once the Seasonals were introduced was beyond imaginable.

I wondered why they changed the seasonals. Something I loved changed because of some users on a message board? My reaction if I had known at the time.

All you mother******* are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the b***-****ers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little ********. Once we get to Hollywood and find those ***** who are ruining the seasonals, we're gonna make 'em eat our ****, then **** out our ****, then eat their **** which is made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother******* are next.

GT website under maintenance and it's the 20th in Japan. Patch going live soon? :)

Great. Guess DLC will arrive with the store update.

i-Lo

One thing I didn't like was you had to fight from the back. If there was a qualification session to help make the race about overtaking only one or two cars and defending your position from cars behind rather than trying to overtake everyone in 5 laps it would have been a lot more fun.

As it stands right now, seasonals are a fun way to make lots of money but don't really have much replay value.

This... fracking this. This crap pissed me off with Wipeout. Why does one always need to start at the back? Argh.

Still, I have to say that the inherent replay aspect of seasonal comes from its ability to be used as a cash cow. Still, I haven't touched many besides Formula GT race (great for earning credits fast).

highspeedring2h50c.jpg

Polyphony

Oh shi-

*Turns on PS3*

Edit: was it known that the FT-86 II Concept '11 comes free with the patch along with the Toyota 86? SWEET!

Love the sneaky surprises that PD puts in every some patch.

Polyphony

Still downloading the patch, so I can't confirm yet, but people on the gtplanet forums noticed that those who bought multiple DLC packs got the extra car. So now people are buying an extra paint pack to be able to receive the FT-86 II lol. It shows up in the Car Dealership.

I don't know, maybe it's a bug, or maybe it's a reward by design. If it's the case, I'll wait until tomorrow to buy the new DLC car pack to get the FT-86 II instead of buying paint chips...

offshore

The 86 was there, not the FT-86 II Concept. Unless I'm missing something?

lol sorry, I just quickly glanced at PDs post and thought he meant the 86. Wait, so you get another free car?

", but people on the gtplanet forums noticed that those who bought multiple DLC packs got the extra car. "

Ah well that explains it...I haven't bought any of the DLC.

Polyphony

I got a
greetings card along with a soft jazzy Christmas tune
, so classy, I love you Kaz.

Small details like these really make you feel like PD cares.

offshore

[Major Changes and New Features]
- Introducing the new Car Pack 2 DLC
This new Car Pack 2 DLC adds a numer of new cars to Gran Turismo 5, and will be made available in the PlayStation®Store from December 21st, 2011. The price of the DLC is £3.19.
This pack adds 4 new cars including the new and improved 2012 R35 GT-R, Mini MINI COOPER S, Volkswagen Golf VI R, and the Volkswagen Scirocco R.

- Wheels can now be changed on Standard cars
Continuing the improvement of standard cars since the addition of simplified interior views in the 2.00 update, wheels of standard cars can now be changed.
Select the desired wheels for your car in GT Auto, to make your car lighter and improve the styling.

- Downloadable contents can now be used by multiple users with the Family Upgrade
This Family Upgrade will allow the the Course Pack and Racing Car Pack (including those purchased as a part of the Complete Pack) DLC's released in October 2011 to be used by all acounts on the same PS3™ system. (Planned Release Date: December 21, 2011)
There are important points to note in this upgrade, so please make sure to read the FAQ below:
- FAQ for Family Upgrade

- The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
The cars purchased in the DLC will now appear in the Car Dealerships.
Once you have purchased the Car Pack DLC's, you can purchase additional DLC cars in-game using game credits.

- A copy feature has been added to the setting sheets
A copy button has been added to the lower left of the settings screen. A settings sheet saved in either A/B/C can now be copied to A, B or C.
Please use this feature when you wish to slightly modify settings you have already made.

[Gifts]
- Toyota 86 GT 12 - a gift for all
We will be giving out the Toyota 86 GT '12 as a holiday season gift to all players that have installed the 2.02 update.

- Free tickets for GT Auto
Free tickets have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto.
10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update.

- A gift to those purchasing the DLC's
We will be giving out an additional car; the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SPL. and five New Car Refresh cards to customers purchasing any of the DLC packs released in October 2011.
The New Car Refresh can be used from the Special Tickets option in the items list, and will return a car to a brand new condition (to a condition even before breaking in the car's engine). Equipped parts and current paint on the car will not be affected by this ticket.
* This gift will be available by purchasing Course Pack, Racing Car Pack, Racing Gear Pack, Paint Pack and Complete Pack.
* This gift will only be made available once per account.

[Other Improvements]
- Pressing the □ button in the car ticket selection screen of the Car Delivery, will now allow you to exchange all car tickets at once. (The limit of the number of tickets you can receive all at once is 100.)
- Tyre wear speed adjustment
- In GT Auto you can now see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application.
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the □ button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the △ button will show the drivers list.
- An option has now been added for 'Max. number of participants - this is featured in the room settings of My Lounge.
- Added ☆ marks which show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event, in the event selection screen of seasonal events.
- Racing sound effect adjustment
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) has been adjusted. this applies to steering wheels with a 200 degree turning radius including the GT Force®、Driving Force™、GT Force®RX、Driving Force Wireless™ steering wheel controllers. The [Steering Type] (Amateur/Professional) settings in the Game Options will be ignored, and the controller's steering angle will now directly affect the tyre turning angle of the car.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- An issue has been corrected where you would overrun without resetting if the pit lane is entered at low speed on some tracks.
- Corrected an issue with performance point calculations for the Red Bull X2010 and the X2011.
- Corrected an issue where the rear wing/aerodynamic settings was being reset when switching between setting sheets.
- An issue was corrected where the car would become stuck in autopilot from the pit lane if a certain condition is met in an endurance race on the Tsukuba Circuit. Also revised the entry route during pit stops and speed judgement.
- Improved multi-monitor stability
http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt5news/d38745.html

Polyphony

Well, I knew there was going to be a little minus to every list, but the old Seasonals are gone :(

No more grinding La Sarthe with a Ferrari lol.

Edit: But MM just restored my excitement for Seasonals :)

offshore

you gotta be shittin me! GT2 good?

Probably not GT2 good :p

But definitely better than before. It's no longer rigid and is more dynamic. All I know is that NASCAR races on Daytona are a gonna be a fuckton more intense now. It now feels so much faster going through those corners.

Top Bottom