• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

yr45m.jpg

:D

Also, I took this to demonstrate custom wheels on standard cars:

HH7KY.jpg

Grey Integra has stock, the black has custom.

Mxrz

Well, I knew there was going to be a little minus to every list, but the old Seasonals are gone :(

No more grinding La Sarthe with a Ferrari lol.

Edit: But MM just restored my excitement for Seasonals :)

What the fuck? Gah. Noooo! That was bearable grind! Now I'm terrified.

Dead Man

Seasonal Events now give car cards apparently, even the ones you already golded.

Yay!

You can turn off individual elements of the HUD. YES!!

Yay!

Well, I knew there was going to be a little minus to every list, but the old Seasonals are gone :(

No more grinding La Sarthe with a Ferrari lol.
Boo! Well, time to fire it up again for the first time in ages. Something had to get SR:TT out of the machine, did not expect it to be GT5. :)

i-Lo

It is a (very) dick move in all honesty if the missing seasonal events are permanently gone. I have had many left to do and they did not even have an expiry date.

Also, not only isn't the DLC available on PSN even though in the game the GT-R black edition is displayed, but for some reason the Red shopping bag that signifies that a product has been purchased has now turned blue for the $12 all in one pack I paid for.

Polyphony

You can set penalties in online lobbies during free run, so no more corner cutting qualifying laps.

Also, not only isn't the DLC available on PSN even though in the game the GT-R black edition is displayed, but for some reason the Red shopping bag that signifies that a product has been purchased has now turned blue for the $12 all in one pack I paid for.

Yeah, the DLC is only coming on the 21st I believe. All DLC cars have the red corner on the bottom left in the Dealership. Those that you own (bought in DLC) should have a blue check mark top left. Those that you haven't purchased have the red DLC icon on the top left (ie the GT-R Black 12).

i-Lo

You can set penalties in online lobbies during free run, so no more corner cutting qualifying laps.

Yeah, the DLC is only coming on the 21st I believe. All DLC cars have the red corner on the bottom left in the Dealership. Those that you own (bought in DLC) should have a blue check mark top left. Those that you haven't purchased have the red DLC icon on the top left (ie the GT-R Black 12).

I do have them check marked in the game itself. However, on PSN store the shopping bag is blue instead of red for that pack and is completely missing from my download history.

offshore

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. New chase cam + new sound + Daytona + NASCAR = fucking awesome.

I can hold the line so much better now the cam isn't so rigid, and it just sounds more alive when you're surrounded by cars. I kid you not, someone in the lobby I'm in just said Gran Turismo has been reborn. I fucking agree.

So much better.

EDIT: Whoa, have they fixed black scren as well?! If after a lap the game doesn't start, the game goes back to the lobby. That is so fucking awesome if true.

Polyphony

I do have them check marked in the game itself. However, on PSN store the shopping bag is blue instead of red for that pack and is completely missing from my download history.

Oh, I just checked, I have the same thing. It has something to do with the way DLC is handled. It's being installed as a "service" if I recall correctly. "Gran Turismo 5" should appear in your Services List under Account Management. I think it's attached to your PSN account so that you don't need to re-download it in the event that your PS3 dies.

i-Lo

Oh, I just checked, I have the same thing. It has something to do with the way DLC is handled. It's being installed as a "service" if I recall correctly. "Gran Turismo 5" should appear in your Services List under Account Management. I think it's attached to your PSN account so that you don't need to re-download it in the event that your PS3 dies.

Ah, if it is the case, then it is good news.

... Shame the Formula GT seasonal event is gone... shame.

Mxrz

Got the 86GT, a go kart, and 5 tickets retroactively from completing the remaining Seasonals. Didn't know level 2s and 3s tickets existed. Woo. Not sure if I'll bother sending them to my paint-mule. But these refresh tickets can't be obtained in game then? Probably should dupe those if so.

Goodbye, my Enzo. May you cut chicanes in Heaven forever.

* GT has sold 65 million as a series now? Jesus, has anyone told Sony? You'd think they'd advertise or hype the games a little.

dalin80

Banned
Requesting pics of the new wheels please for those of us who wont get a chance to dabble for another 12h or so.

Also are they premium quality or just the wheels from GT4?

Tyre wear in now insane.

After 7 laps my softs were totally burnt out...

Finally! Iam amazed it took over a year to fix that all tyres wore out at the same rate.

Requesting pics of the new wheels please for those of us who wont get a chance to dabble for another 12h or so.

Also are they premium quality or just the wheels from GT4?

Finally! Iam amazed it took over a year to fix that all tyres wore out at the same rate.

They're the same as the wheels you can put on premium cars.

amar212

My testing shows how major sound improvement is done on proper coding of surround effects.

MR and RR sound finally comes from behind only while you can clearly dustinguish the sound-side of each tire while squeal.

Also, the cockpit sounds are much more closer to bumper sounds.

But forcing ABS off in Private longes is the best option so far :)

Polyphony

So many unlisted additions/fixes. Feels like early Christmas! I'm taking pictures of these new things as I discover them. There's one detail that is particularly funny :)

benzy

OMG the new chase cam is amazing.

kpopdancebbpex.gif

Also, when you apply the photomode filters it now transfers over to the walk mode and some replay angles.

Polyphony

Toyota 86GT 2012 (free!)

6542330521_09d6f4d842_b.jpg

6542330761_52a5019561_b.jpg

Bloom is back

6542330991_9d125dcf10_b.jpg

6542331485_c60330b5dd_b.jpg

Premium rims on standard RUF RGT

6542331745_ac6dc79ee9_b.jpg

Standard Integra DC2 with changed wheels

6542332073_25edc51706_b.jpg

Best stealth addition ever: standard GT-R pace car now has working blinking lights LOL!

6542332343_12672b32e9_b.jpg

Anybody wants to be the designated pace car driver for the NRL?

benzy

"The fuck? The photomode filters carried over to the game races. lol"

Whoa, how do you do that...

Go into replay and apply a filter or multiple filters. Then exit out of photomode and go into a different race. A different filter alternates between different camera views during racing. That's how it worked for me, maybe it's glitch.

I don't know how to turn it off. :(

offshore

I can't get it to work in-game. Once I exit out of photomode the filter stays on the replay, but once I exit and load up a new race or the same one, it doesn't work.

panty

Go into replay and apply a filter or multiple filters. Then exit out of photomode and go into a different race. A different filter alternates between different camera views during racing. That's how it worked for me, maybe it's glitch.

Sounds like a glitch really.

Finally a glitch that benefits the player.

Has anyone else able to recreate this?

Emwitus

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! On nurbrubring, that one long stretch before you get to the finish you can clearly hear the wind blow against the car....switch to bumper view, it gets louder and is more in your face!!! I'm pretty sure Before you couldn't hear anything here apart from car sounds. Also, the visuals seem more "clean" to me for lack of a better word! So glad I never traded in this game. haven't bought dlc but its been total worth every penny! Outstanding support pd, amazing job.

I'm a bit confused by the family upgrade, I just have one questions.

If I have an EU disc and bought it on an EU account, can I still use the DLC if I want to play the game on my alt US account or a different region within EU? Like UK.

offshore

I'm a bit confused by the family upgrade, I just have one questions.

If I have an EU disc and bought it on an EU account, can I still use the DLC if I want to play the game on my alt US account or a different region within EU? Like UK.

Don't believe so.

"*Please note that to purchase the DLC and the Family Upgrade, the region of your GT5 disc (Regions: Europe, North America, Japan, Asia) and the region of the PSN account which is used to sign in to the PlayStation®Store (selected when setting the address during account creation) must match. For example, if a user who owns the North American disc purchases the DLCs and Family Upgrade with an account that has a UK address and location, they will not be able to use the DLC using the North American game disc."

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/support/d38743.html

Emwitus

Oh, the speed you walk with in photomode is increased!!!!.finally lol
Edit: and the setting for photomode eg sepia, are kept after exiting photomode until the angle of view changes on the replay lol nice.
edit2: while driving, their seems to be a really pronounced glare while at nurbrubringthan before unless this is al placebo.
Edit3: This looks more like a glitch now. Different race, car same track same photomode settings still their. Confused :(

Toxa

!!!! seriously? :O

Sound on replays are much better, at least the F86 sounds awesome. Drives awesome too :DDD

my test nsx rm at autumn ring :

racing soft:
best lap 1.17.
7 laps tyres wear is about 50% your lap times really start to collapse
10 laps tyres wear is getting critical lap time 1.21 (you must go to pit now or earlier)
lifetime 13 maybe 15 laps (not sure) with really slow laptime

racing hard :
best lap 1.19
10 laps lap time 1.21
13 laps tyres wear is about 50% your lap times really start to collapse
18 laps tyres wear is getting critical
lifetime 21 laps at least

so with 20 laps you can stay on the track throughout the entire race with racing hard
pit stop (1 or 2) necessary with soft

Top Bottom