• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Toxa

Mush said:
I demand pictures of said event.

one more (more tomorow)

620154LagunaSecaRaceway4.jpg

I managed to set a new record with Xanavi GTR 08 tonight during the event at seca 1.19.458 but with the lexus it's almost impossible, 1.20 at best you can aim 1.19 but your lap must be perfect.

there's gap between the GTR and the lexus, at least 1 second and it may increase on other tracks.

GodofWine

Crap..thought the races were every other week...regardless, I cannot make tomorrows (wifes bday / dinner).

Hopefully the co-driver can step up...but someone will have to msg him on PSN or add him as a friend, since he is still waiting to be let loose from GAF limbo now for 9 months and counting...hence he cannot view the community threads.

He is Shadybiz on psn

Toxa said:
any news about the first round on youtube ?
Had a big set back with my hardware earlier in the week but I picked up the component cable last night and inane no plans Saturday so I should be able to cap the replay.

Appologies once again, this is my first time capturing video from PS3. The rest of the season should be go smoother.

UFRA

Mush, what's the plan for tomorrow's race?

I am not a racer in the event, however I can fortunately volunteer my hosting services again if you wish.

The only issue would be if we have a full grid of 16 tomorrow. Then it would have to be another host. But if we have one or two people that can't make it tomorrow (like we did in round 1) then I can just take their place and host as a spectator.

Just let me know so I can be prepared for it if needed.

Mush

Two questions:

1. Is anyone prepared to host the race that isn't called UFRA?
2. Gutterboy, do you have the set up to stream the race live? Just food for thought.

Toxa

Mush said:
Because he's not racing tomorrow and if we have a full grid he can't join and therefore can't host.

I thought the room could handle 32 players (16 players, 16 viewers)

UFRA

Mush said:
Two questions:

1. Is anyone prepared to host the race that isn't called UFRA?
2. Gutterboy, do you have the set up to stream the race live? Just food for thought.

LOL Just keep me posted!

We know already for sure there's 1 man down. GodofWine is out, but if his partner fills in then that fixes the issue.

Mush

UFRA said:
LOL Just keep me posted!

We know already for sure there's 1 man down. GodofWine is out, but if his partner fills in then that fixes the issue.
I didn't mean that in a bad way! :)

It's just your hosting ability's have been proven to be reliable and fair for everyone.

Mush

GodofWine said:
Crap..thought the races were every other week...regardless, I cannot make tomorrows (wifes bday / dinner).

Hopefully the co-driver can step up...but someone will have to msg him on PSN or add him as a friend, since he is still waiting to be let loose from GAF limbo now for 9 months and counting...hence he cannot view the community threads.

He is Shadybiz on psn
Just sent him a message on PSN, hopefully he'll get back to me.

Dibbz

How are we doing the hosting tonight? Still making a online room? Or are we doing a private lobby?

I can try and host tonight if you want. I've had problems with people disconnecting (not many) on me though but I've got a 20mb connection.

Dibbz

Mush what time is this meant to be at? Your OP only says the timezone not the actual time. Last week was 9pm GMT right? So it starts in 5 hours?

Dibbz

Why even have a time column in that table if it's completely negated by that one link then? It'd make more sense if it was just written 21:00 GMT in the table and then have a link to show the different timezones below but whatever.

Well, i´m heading online to get some practice laps in it, and also to see if i need an oli change.

I´ll try to add you guys on PSN.

Good race everybody.

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe this has been covered before, but does anyone knows how the XP reward works in online races? Earlier i was racing with like 12 people, i got on 3rd place and received about 350 XP.

The next round it was the same track, same amount of rounds and also racing against 12 people or so. This round i didnt even finish the race (i was on like 11th place or so) and i got about 450 XP lol.

Dibbz

No idea about the XP never paid much attention to it tbh online.

I'll be on in 20 minutes and I'll set up a room. I'll post the room number here and just kick anyone who isn't on the team sheet in the OP.

Dibbz said:

I'll be on in 20 minutes and I'll set up a room. I'll post the room number here and just kick anyone who isn't on the team sheet in the OP.

We don't want to try a private lobby?

test_account

XP-39C²
Dibbz said:

Ok, i havnt played much online, so i was just wondering :)

Dibbz

MikeDub said:
We don't want to try a private lobby?
Well I'd have to add everyone or someone would have to have at least one guys that's on my friends list on theirs. Not sure if it's easier.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Dibbz said:
Well I'd have to add everyone or someone would have to have at least one guys that's on my friends list on theirs. Not sure if it's easier.
I think most of us have Mush or UFRA on our lists, so if you have both of them on yours, we all set.

Dibbz

blu said:
I think most of us have Mush or UFRA on our lists, so if you have both of them on yours, we all set.
I've got UFRA but he's not online on PSN right now and I've just sent a request to Mush now. Shoot a request to me if you want. PSN is Dibbz.

UFRA

MikeDub said:
or if ufra wants to host then how about we have a dedicated tag we could use?

I'm here if needed, but if Dibbz can host that would be best since then you guys can have a full grid if possible.

If I host, then it guarantees only a 15 car grid max since I'm not racing today.

Plus, I only have like 8 friend spots left so I couldn't add all of you for a private lobby. When I host I have to do the public lobby. ;)

Like Dibbz said it's easy enough to kick people out though. We just had that 1 sneaky random last time, but it wasn't a big deal.

Good luck guys!

UFRA said:
I'm here if needed, but if Dibbz can host that would be best since then you guys can have a full grid if possible.

If I host, then it guarantees only a 15 car grid max since I'm not racing today.

Plus, I only have like 8 friend spots left so I couldn't add all of you for a private lobby. When I host I have to do the public lobby. ;)

Like Dibbz said it's easy enough to kick people out though. We just had that 1 sneaky random last time, but it wasn't a big deal.

Good luck guys!

I might be wrong here, but I don't think you need to have everyone in your FL. Friends of Friends method work.

UFRA said:

Good luck guys!
The idea was to run a private race, I thought they could hold 32 people.

Dead Man

So... what's the process going to be? I haven't played much online, and I foolishly missed last week. I have Mush and a few others on my friend list, will I need to add anyone else? And do we use mics?

Toxa

we could organize a race in parallel (same track) with the drivers from the first round xD for the fun

Angst

Dead Man said:
So... what's the process going to be? I haven't played much online, and I foolishly missed last week. I have Mush and a few others on my friend list, will I need to add anyone else? And do we use mics?
No mics to save bandwidth. Look at Dibbz post for the room number. Enter the number without the "-" in the open lounge.

Top Bottom