• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

UFRA

Toxa said:
we could organize a race in parallel (same track) with the drivers from the first round xD for the fun

Oh you!

lol That's tempting...but I didn't practice Laguna at all. Although it is one of my favorite tracks...hmmmmmmmmmm

UFRA

Dibbz said:
Room is up

1472 - 6399 - 8537 - 0922 - 2593

Quoting for new page.

Yeah, Angst, you're right.

I really wish that there was a way to have spectators regardless of a full 16 player room. That would be so cool. PLEASE PD, PLEASE!!

Angst

Ufra check out the vissione's justin.tv stream :)

Dibbz, if there's room for him I say keep him around so we can see the race.

Edit - too slow

Angst

Dead Man said:
LOL, I forgot to buy medium tyres. Pitstops for me!
I think most raced on softs last week. For some reason softs/mediums/hards last about the same time.
Dibbz said:
We need to get this thing going. We're already behind on time.
It was exactly the same last week. I think we started the race one hour late or something.

Pretty cool with the stream, but the music... the music.... :-/

Dead Man

Angst said:
I think most raced on softs last week. For some reason softs/mediums/hards last about the same time.

It was exactly the same last week. I think we started the race one hour late or something.

Pretty cool with the stream, but the music... the music.... :-/
Cool, and yeah, I'm missing the Steelers for this!

h3ro

Crap! I forgot the race was today, no idea why I thought it was tomorrow. I'm at a friends for the playoff games today. NOOOO.

Crap. I'm so sorry guys.

Crumb, are you around?!

Man, that was a great race. I was cheering for you Niks. Amazing how you were able to recover that much time, but unlucky on the end :p

Angst

Awesome race! Congrats FASJ, dibbz and Round to the podium!

Looking forward to the replay! :D

I felt bad for you niks when you went off track on lap 27. But don't be too hard on the backmarkers. It's pretty hard when you see two guys coming up behind you - where are you supposed to go? Kind of hard to just disappear.

Toxa

Congrast, Fas and dibbz :)

I'm so proud of Round today , great third place tonight :)

and thank you so much vissione

Dead Man

Congrats to the winner, and the podiums. I know I smashed Mush once, sorry about that. It seemed there was a pretty big gap between 6th and 5th, I think a lap?

ashk

Great job on the stream, it was fun to watch. Made me wish I joined the league, maybe if there's another season... :)

Dead Man

Mush said:
weekend_warrior
Ah, thanks. I almost had a massive comeback to pass him, but brain faded on the corkscrew and watched him drive off into the distance :lol

Edit: TheAzRim won't be able to make it for the races, so if anyone want to join a very mediocre team that missed the first race, feel free to let me know as long as it is within the rules to change drivers mid season.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Nice race. Apologies to the person I smacked from the side early on - had two flats, and taking the inside of that corner turned out to be a bad idea under such conditions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dead Man said:
Edit: TheAzRim won't be able to make it for the races, so if anyone want to join a very mediocre team that missed the first race, feel free to let me know as long as it is within the rules to change drivers mid season.

Watching that race, I wouldn't mind joining if you don't mind a controller handicapped cripple. lol. I'd have to buy the car though.

Dead Man

TheSeks said:
Watching that race, I wouldn't mind joining if you don't mind a controller handicapped cripple. lol. I'd have to buy the car though.
If it's okay with Mush and the rules, welcome aboard! I too am a controller cripple :lol so no worries there!

Dead Man said:
Ah, thanks. I almost had a massive comeback to pass him, but brain faded on the corkscrew and watched him drive off into the distance :lol

Yep I saw that. Wasn't sure you tapped ShadyBiz and spun or just went in to fast. But it was a good little battle for 6th. lol

I thought it was a pretty good race, a few bumps and scrapes with other cars but it was all innocent. Wish I could have been a little closer to the leaders, I think I was getting lapped after 5 laps, wtf?

Niks

Congrats to the winner, really fast from the start.
And thanks for the cheers! :)

It was good fun, however I have a couple of issues.

Second time Blu makes me go to the pits early. Although I dont know what happened in the corkscrew, didnt expect to see 3 cars including the leader sideways. Unfortunate.

What the hell Beefo?? Refused to let me by even though I was lapping him. Only passed him when he spun himself. :(

Even so, good race!

Well, congrats to everybody and thanks at the same time!

Altough i got a good result i did some little fucks ups that i´m not quite sure if affected or not the others.

I started second, even tough the qualify lap was 1´19´4... anyone know why? It said on my screen it was the best lap for the session and i didn´t quit, so i´m not sure what happened.

I was going careful on the first lap in cold tires, but after T1 i hit Dibbz slightly, i got damage on my left front wheel, i don´t know if you got any? (my braking point was way different than yours, that´s whay i ended up giving that minor bump.

Things were going well, but in the corckscrew at lap 3 or 4 i spun, and i tried to get my car out of the line, but i think i ended up in front of everybody :( I got scared before the turn because a Castrol Supra almost hit me going full speed. (i think he missed the braking point for the corckscrew).

After that, i had a nice battle for first (i think with Lazlo?), and overtook him just before the corkscrew.

Had one minor incident with a lapped NSX, that left me WTF? for a few moments. Forgot his name, but i had the second car in my mirror, so i wanted to pass him ASAP. He fought for position and i didn´t gave him room, i thought we was going to slow down like it is the etiquette for lapped cars... but he didn´t, so since i took the good line he ended up off track...

All in all it was a good race, but i have a feeeling lots of people had problems early in the race. Laguna is a narrow track. I drove 14 laps with little damage in one of the wheels, i´m glad i didn´t needed to stop.

Pitted on lap 14, used soft tires all the way. (dangerous in the end). Best lap was 1´20´3 if i´m not mistaken.

This series is great!

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
Yep I saw that. Wasn't sure you tapped ShadyBiz and spun or just went in to fast. But it was a good little battle for 6th. lol

I thought it was a pretty good race, a few bumps and scrapes with other cars but it was all innocent. Wish I could have been a little closer to the leaders, I think I was getting lapped after 5 laps, wtf?
Just went in too fast on old tyres, locked up slid through, glad I didn't collect you!

Mush said:
No problems here.
Cool.

seattle6418 said:
After that, i had a nice battle for first (i think with Lazlo?), and overtook him just before the corkscrew.

Think that was Dibbz. I foolishly dove down the inside of you on your final lap at the final corner though. Thought if I crossed the line behind you then my race would be over and there were cars up ahead which might have been the places infront of me.

Annoyed that I put it in the wall with 5 laps to go which caused me to pit and lose a battle with Niks plus have RounD get past me but overall a good race.

l2ounD

Cheers, guys!
That was good times. Any chance the stream was captured? I would have liked to have seen the battle up top.

Angst

Someone will (hopefully) upload both NTSC and PAL replays so we can watch it ourselves.

Dibbz - great racing! Hopefully I won't be a complete fuck up on Grand Valley Speedway ;-)
Maybe you could upload your replay as well?

ashk said:
Great job on the stream, it was fun to watch. Made me wish I joined the league, maybe if there's another season... :)

The Flaming Deers still have a seat available, all yours if you want it? I don't particulary want to race next weekend so another driver would be sweet!

Mush

Angst said:
Someone will (hopefully) upload both NTSC and PAL replays so we can watch it ourselves.

Dibbz - great racing! Hopefully I won't be a complete fuck up on Grand Valley Speedway ;-)
Maybe you could upload your replay as well?
I'm working on the PAL one, hopefully someone is on the NTSC one.

MikeDub said:
Think that was Dibbz. I foolishly dove down the inside of you on your final lap at the final corner though. Thought if I crossed the line behind you then my race would be over and there were cars up ahead which might have been the places infront of me.

Annoyed that I put it in the wall with 5 laps to go which caused me to pit and lose a battle with Niks plus have RounD get past me but overall a good race.

Actually, that was intentional. One of the instances where voicechat would be good. Are you in better tires? should i pass you? Things like that.

Ever since i saw you i didn´t knew if you were chasing anyone close by, so i didn´t knew if i should overtake you or just follow closely.

I thought with the extra lap you could have overtaken anyone, that´s why i slowed down.

Top Bottom