• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
Oh, crap. Now I gotta buy a car. :lol Tweaking the engine and stuff is allowed, right?

Oil change is allowed.

Changing any of the settings the car comes with is allowed.

Any of the three racing tire types are allowed.

Buying anything that increases HP or performance is not allowed.

Glad to see you on board :)

seattle6418 said:
Actually, that was intentional. One of the instances where voicechat would be good. Are you in better tires? should i pass you? Things like that.

Ever since i saw you i didn´t knew if you were chasing anyone close by, so i didn´t knew if i should overtake you or just follow closely.

I thought with the extra lap you could have overtaken anyone, that´s why i slowed down.

Yeah, maybe we can test it to see how it holds up with 16 people. Sorry to Mush btw for nudging under the bridge on the first lap, I backed off but you braked at a different time than I planned to, hope that didn't put you in the pits?

Salacious Crumb

h3ro said:
Crap! I forgot the race was today, no idea why I thought it was tomorrow. I'm at a friends for the playoff games today. NOOOO.

Crap. I'm so sorry guys.

Crumb, are you around?!

:( oh well never mind.

Will you be able to race grand valley next week? I have a race with the F1 guys the same day and that would just be a little too much racing in one day for me.

brentech

Yeah, wasn't sure if it was still open. Since there is an actual schedule for this one it makes it easier for me to see when I can race.

Right now, I know I'd be able to Jan 29.
Just so happens to be a league week off when we're expecting to go on vacation, but beyond that I'd only know as it gets to the week of the event. If that works for someone, let me know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
Oil change is allowed.

Changing any of the settings the car comes with is allowed.

Any of the three racing tire types are allowed.

Buying anything that increases HP or performance is not allowed.

Glad to see you on board :)

Okay, I'll buy the Super GT car tomorrow and start trying it out on the next track (unless he's racing that one?) and start looking toward tweaking for the track.

Solid 6th Weekend_Warrior. Glad to see you finish in the points strong. I will be practicing for Grand Valley more than I did for Suzuka so maybe I can nick us a few more points.

TheSeks

MikeDub said:
Thanks for doing this, did we get lots of people watching?

29 or there about. Which is the highest his stream's been according to the stats?

Mush

MikeDub said:
Yeah, maybe we can test it to see how it holds up with 16 people. Sorry to Mush btw for nudging under the bridge on the first lap, I backed off but you braked at a different time than I planned to, hope that didn't put you in the pits?
No worries man, that incident was the least of my problems. :lol

Lap 6: Got screamed at saying there's someone on the phone from "work" for me. Turns out it was just the video store. Had to drive for half the lap with one hand. Spin out on second to last corner and hit Niks, damaging the engine and neglected the opportunity to go into the pits even though they're RIGHT THERE.

Lap 7: Realising I made a terrible terrible mistake by not pitting, I see Dead Man coming behind me and try to let him through without any fight (this was for position) as I was in no shape to defend. Anyway, I brake stupidly and he shunts me (entirely my fault, apologies), car gets damaged again. :lol

Dead Man

Mush said:
No worries man, that incident was the least of my problems. :lol

Lap 6: Got screamed at saying there's someone from "work" for me. Turns out it was just the video store. Had to drive for half the lap with one hand. Spin out on second to last corner and hit Niks, damaging the engine and neglected the opportunity to go into the pits even though they're RIGHT THERE.

Lap 7: Realising I made a terrible terrible mistake by not pitting, I see Dead Man coming behind me and try to let him through without any fight (this was for position) as I was in no shape to defend. Anyway, I brake stupidly and he shunts me (entirely my fault, apologies), car gets damaged again. :lol
LOL, I though that was on me, having a brain fade about what the racing line was going up the hill. 50/50 at most. No worries.

EL Beefo

Niks said:
What the hell Beefo?? Refused to let me by even though I was lapping him. Only passed him when he spun himself. :(

Sorry about that, I try to let people by when then get close though. I remember seeing you behind me but it looked like you were hanging back a bit so I wasn't sure when to let you by. I don't race online to often and I don't really have access to the game outside of weekends so I'll be the first to admit that my racing etiquette needs some work

Mush

OK, since no one is using the Denso Lexus, I say we leave it out and have vissione as our official broadcast partner. :)

UFRA

Mush said:
OK, since no one is using the Denso Lexus, I say we leave it out and have vissione as our official broadcast partner. :)

I really, really..........really like this idea. :D

TheSeks

Mush said:

I have no complaints with that. Unless Brentech is joining? But i think that's 15 teams?

UFRA

TheSeks said:
I have no complaints with that. Unless Brentech is joining? But i think that's 15 teams?

Unless the OP's chart is wrong (Mush? lol), brentech can still join with blu's team or MikeDub's team. Unless he really wants that Denso. (and even in the event he does want the Denso we've yet to have a full 16 grid so I think we'll be just fine)

Dibbz

seattle6418 said:
I started second, even tough the qualify lap was 1´19´4... anyone know why? It said on my screen it was the best lap for the session and i didn´t quit, so i´m not sure what happened.

I was going careful on the first lap in cold tires, but after T1 i hit Dibbz slightly, i got damage on my left front wheel, i don´t know if you got any? (my braking point was way different than yours, that´s whay i ended up giving that minor bump.
Yeah I had some minor damage on my rear left from there abouts. Got a few shunts from the back because I was freaking out with everyone behind me :lol I drove with that damage for 17 laps though :| I couldn't afford to pit earlier. In fact I only pitted because you did and your times were faster than mine.

seattle6418 said:
Things were going well, but in the corckscrew at lap 3 or 4 i spun, and i tried to get my car out of the line, but i think i ended up in front of everybody :( I got scared before the turn because a Castrol Supra almost hit me going full speed. (i think he missed the braking point for the corckscrew).
I came down the corkscrew to find like 4 cars all over the track. I think there were two back markers with you and niks and I drove by to take the lead for a bit. I was totally not in the zone at all for a race and was going way slow round some turns. You took the lead and I just let of the gas and settled for 2nd. We did have a good race for a few laps which I really enjoyed.

seattle6418 said:
Had one minor incident with a lapped NSX, that left me WTF? for a few moments. Forgot his name, but i had the second car in my mirror, so i wanted to pass him ASAP. He fought for position and i didn´t gave him room, i thought we was going to slow down like it is the etiquette for lapped cars... but he didn´t, so since i took the good line he ended up off track...

hahah man I was behind you and saw the NSX. He didn't budge at all which gave me a chance to close the gap. It was white shadow if I'm not mistaken. I gotta say I had a massive grin when I saw you trying to get passed but he wasn't having any of it :D

seattle6418 said:
This series is great!
So true

Thanks for the congrats Angst. I saved the replay will try and upload it if you want it. Gonna go back and watch it myself :D

Good race to everyone btw especially the back markers. When I was lapping them they all waited for a good spot and then let me by. Big thanks to everyone.

Toxa

l2ounD said:
Sweet, watching now.

Heh, you got the qualifiers too, >.< mine was soo bad!

great job, you managed to get the second fastest lap of the day.

@Mush I meant the ranking xD

Dibbz said:
hahah man I was behind you and saw the NSX. He didn't budge at all which gave me a chance to close the gap. It was white shadow if I'm not mistaken. I gotta say I had a massive grin when I saw you trying to get passed but he wasn't having any of it :D

If I was messing up any of you leaders I apologize. I always tried to stay on the outside of corners when the faster cars were right behind but a few times by taking a bad line I got loose and started swerving abruptly.

brentech

I'd make sure to just join with an already existing team. So if someone needs a driver - I know for sure I could drive on the race on Jan 29. From there...would know at least a week prior if I'm available.

edit, i simply wouldn't want the league to go without a broadcast. it's great fun

Niks

I apologize.

Watching the replay, in the corkscrew incident, Blu wasn't at fault, I took evasive action to not hit FASJ and ended hitting shadybiz instead.

Pure racing incident.

weekend_warrior said:
If I was messing up any of you leaders I apologize. I always tried to stay on the outside of corners when the faster cars were right behind but a few times by taking a bad line I got loose and started swerving abruptly.

Don´t worry man, i just thought it was funny. I wasn´t trying to bump you, i thought you confused my car with the Xanavi GT-R, but it´s ok, no one got hurt. :)

Mush

So we've still got 2 awards to give out, who deserves 'em? Remember, these are for extra points.

MVP and Spirit of Translator-san (Fair play)

UFRA

Mush said:
So we've still got 2 awards to give out, who deserves 'em? Remember, these are for extra points.

I give Niks +1 vote for MVP due to his awesome job catching up to the leaders and even having a shot at 2nd place, only to get involved in that incident and get in the sand.

Maybe I'm biased since he's my teammate, but I really was impressed at how he was far behind 3rd at one point, then suddenly he was in 3rd, now going for Dibbz in 2nd (who was only 4 sec ahead) and then it fell apart lol. It was really a moment a lot of us were like :O when we saw it, judging by the reactions in the justin.tv chat.

Or, vissione should get honorary MVP for the awesome streaming job. LOL

Dead Man

Mush said:

I don't know about anyone else, but Shadybiz gets my vote for Spirit of Translator-san. Kept on going, and didn't hold me up once.

Niks = MVP

Thought all the way, and finished with a good result.

Spirit of Translator san = blu

Never had any problems overtaking him, and he had a damaged car multiple times.

UFRA

Dead Man said:
I don't know about anyone else, but Shadybiz gets my vote for Spirit of Translator-san. Kept on going, and didn't hold me up once.

We even saw him sacrifice himself once on the last turn of the track when race leaders were behind him!

Dead Man said:
I second that

Edit: btw do we have a break down of who is controller and who is wheel?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I think that Spirit of Translator-san should go to Shadybiz this time. A) he took more damage than I did during that race, B) I just watched justintv's replay, and he was fighting his car to make way on more than one occasion, and C) his Supra is the weakest car in the lot, but he was still competing. Actually, I think him and me, we did the same mistake - pitted too many times, which is fatal for cars without any power advantage.

Toxa

for the MVP my vote goes for l2ounD, surely I'm biased like ufra becouse he's my teamates but he did a pretty good race.

he started the race in 10th place and he managed to get to the third place.

dibbz and lazlow was pretty good too but l2ound also managed to get the second fastest lap of the day (1.20.697) behind fas (1.20.362) impressive.

so overall IMO l2unD did one of the most impressive and cleanest race.

for the spirit of translator my vote goes to Shadybiz

I'll give Mush the nod for the spirit of translator-san award. Despite not quite being there for parts of the race he was very courteous and make it easy to pass. ShadyBiz was just reeeally slow, I don't know if he was dealing with damage a lot or if his Supra is too underpowered. But if it is the car, I'd recommend letting them switch to the Denso Lexus, it's not fair making their team so hampered.

Dibbz

Yeah I was really impressed that Shadybiz stuck it out. Good show from him.

I had no idea how far Niks or anyone behind me was but when I saw the final times I was surprised to see how close they were to me.

I was doing 1.24's and 1.25's most of the time and just got stuck in that slow pace. Just didn't want to spin out or do anything crazy to lose 2nd place.

Sounds good that you guys had a live stream going on Justin tv. Credit to vissione for that.

Mush

8uhfm.png

Race results after 28 laps:

9wplQ.png

Team points standings after Round Two:

1yUoH.png

Drivers Standings
(please note, this only shows the drivers who have competed so far)
DySBl.png

Awards

Pole Position: seattle6418 +10 points
Fastest Lap during Main Race: seattle6418 +10 points
Most Lead Laps: seattle6418 +10 points
MVP: Niks +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: Shadybiz +15 points

Replays

Copy these to your XMB and import them to GT5 in the Replay menu.

Round Two - Laguna Seca

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
ShadyBiz was just reeeally slow, I don't know if he was dealing with damage a lot or if his Supra is too underpowered. But if it is the car, I'd recommend letting them switch to the Denso Lexus, it's not fair making their team so hampered.
He said it was his first time using that car and driving on Laguna Seca. But I like the idea that they should switch cars. I'll leave it up to them.

Dibbz

Nice job Mush. Are there no points up for grabs for Pole Position qualy? Can't hurt to ask :D

Good job to all the teams so far. Still anyones game right now.

Mush

Dibbz said:
Nice job Mush. Are there no points up for grabs for Pole Position qualy? Can't hurt to ask :D

Good job to all the teams so far. Still anyones game right now.
Whoops. Forgot about it since we actually had a proper qualifying session! :lol

Also added the individual driver standings.

Top Bottom