• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

brentech

If anyone doesn't have full team or needs a driver I am game, but yeah, not going to sacrifice a spot for a streamer. That was way too awesome and should be able to be enjoyed.
I know for sure I can make the Jan 29 race, so just let me know.

Mush

brentech said:
If anyone doesn't have full team or needs a driver I am game, but yeah, not going to sacrifice a spot for a streamer. That was way too awesome and should be able to be enjoyed.
I know for sure I can make the Jan 29 race, so just let me know.
Well, it's entirely down to preference. Are you a Orange man or a Yellow man? :p
pvVPt.png

7RbHq.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy crap. SuperGT/Tom's Supra in the rain on Suzuka is deadly. Can barely make anything out in front of me. :lol

Mush

Dibbz said:
5358927142_d9f9466bc6_b.jpg

5358927144_85cdb1622a_b.jpg

5358927150_9d9eec8da7_b.jpg

Will take more tomorrow.
Remember once upon a time I said you were my unofficial source for HD Gran Turismo goodness?

Well, I just thought I'd let you know you still are.

brentech

Mush said:
Well, it's entirely down to preference. Are you a Orange man or a Yellow man? :p
Checked against my car list, don't own either of them yet, so I'll just go with the YellowHat if that works.

Dibbz

Mush said:
Remember once upon a time I said you were my unofficial source for HD Gran Turismo goodness?

Well, I just thought I'd let you know you still are.
Hah yeah I remember. No idea how you go through wallpapers so fast though :p I'll try and take some more tomorrow.

UFRA

Mush said:
Whoops. Forgot about it since we actually had a proper qualifying session! :lol

Also added the individual driver standings.

Mind sharing what you guys did to organize this?

Is there any way to 'reset' lap times during practice to start everyone with a clean slate for a proper qualifying session? Unless there's an easier way, I'd imagine just changing the track and then changing it back would work.

h3ro

Crumb, I'm so sorry man. For some reason, Sunday was the day of the race, not today. I was already at a friend's place when I saw this thread.

I'll take Grand Valley, no problem. Don't want you getting burned out as we're gonna need all the points we can get for the rest of the series.

Sorry to everyone else in the thread as well, sorry we didn't have a full grid for today's race. I was looking forward to it too. :/

UFRA said:

Is there any way to 'reset' lap times during practice to start everyone with a clean slate for a proper qualifying session? Unless there's an easier way, I'd imagine just changing the track and then changing it back would work.

I thought the qualifying worked great today. The room was up for about 45 minutes before the race started, and people who came in early and posted the most laps had the advantage of getting up front.

Mush

UFRA said:

Dibbz asked me is it qualifying atm I replied "Yes".

But seriously, shits hard when you're not hosting. I know I'm already asking a lot by getting others like you to host, but getting that host to follow a schedule? It's a near impossible ask. Much like Suzuka, we were running around like headless chickens, waiting for everyone to show up and stuff. It's still very early in the season, but we need to get a format down that everyone is cool with and stick with it.

I'm thinking we could go with something like, lobby opens at x time, free practice starts as soon as it's up. Give everyone 10-20min to join, then immediately start qualifying. If you join late and haven't had a chance to put in some practice laps and get your car dialed, tough bikkie. Qualifying goes on for however long, then the race starts. Boom.

Questions?

UFRA

Mush said:
Dibbz asked me is it qualifying atm I replied "Yes".

But seriously, shits hard when you're not hosting. I'm know I'm already asking a lot by getting others like you to host, but getting that host to follow a schedule? It's a near impossible ask. Much like Suzuka, we were running around like headless chickens, waiting for everyone to show up and stuff. It's still very early in the season, but we need to get a format down that everyone is cool with and stick with it.

I'm thinking we could go with something like, lobby opens at x time, free practice starts as soon as it's up. Give everyone 10-20min to join, then immediately start qualifying. If you join late and haven't had a chance to put in some practice laps and get your car dialed, tough bikkie. Qualifying goes on for however long, then the race starts. Boom.

Questions?

I agree with this, since it's more realistic than just having a really long time for people to come and go as they please.

Suzuka was a bit of a mess, but it was the first race and everyone was getting adjusted. We had people forgetting they needed to buy tires, or exiting out of the track and losing their lap time, etc. lol So it was kind of hard to keep track of it all.

If we had a set plan that would be best. Like I also mentioned, when the actual qualifying time is started, the host can change the track and then change it back to the right one to 'reset' everyone's time from practice. Then everyone starts from the same point and you really have to make your lap time count. (again like real racing events)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
brentech said:
Checked against my car list, don't own either of them yet, so I'll just go with the YellowHat if that works.
Wise choice! Welcome to the yellowest team of them all. PM me if you feel like discussing tactics or just practicing.

Dead Man

MikeDub said:
I second that

Edit: btw do we have a break down of who is controller and who is wheel?
I would like that, it would let me know if I am really crap, or just crap compared to people with a wheel!

Mush said:

Questions?
I'm cool with that.

Mush

After going back and looking at the footage on J.tv the qualifying was screwed up. So I'm assuming Dibbz didn't set it that the fastest goes first. Instead he set so that he would go first. :p

btw, vissione has signed a one year deal with the FIA us and should hopefully be streaming the rest of the season.

BlZgn.jpg

ashk

Mush said:
That goes for anyone else lurking too. There are still spots available so don't be afraid to enter. :)

I'd very much like to enter :) So if I got this right, the only car left available is the Eneos Lexus? (if it hasn't been taken in the meantime) I don't really care about which particular car to drive, just want to join the action :)

ashk said:
I'd very much like to enter :) So if I got this right, the only car left available is the Eneos Lexus? (if it hasn't been taken in the meantime) I don't really care about which particular car to drive, just want to join the action :)

Welcome to the team, the next two races are all yours if you want as I am not a big fan of the tracks that aren't real locations.

ashk

MikeDub said:
Welcome to the team, the next two races are all yours if you want as I am not a big fan of the tracks that aren't real locations.

Thanks :) I'll buy the car today and do some laps to get used to it.

ashk said:
Thanks :) I'll buy the car today and do some laps to get used to it.

It understeers like crazy when you get it so I would recommend tweaking the suspension to counter act that, have a google.

Angst

Mush, if Dibbz has 100 points and I have 15, shouldn't our team have 115 points?

Thanks for the replay, will watch it now :)

Niks

Mush said:
Also, Niks those shots are godly.

:bow :bow

Thanks! Some of them really came out great.
And yeah, qualifying was screwed up! I had the second fastest lap, started like 8?

brentech

blu said:
Wise choice! Welcome to the yellowest team of them all. PM me if you feel like discussing tactics or just practicing.
Just bought the car since my 24hr event finally ended for my Bobs. Will do some practicing with it today.

Dibbz

Niks great pictures.

In qualification it said I had the fastest lap which was 1.20 or something. No idea why the grid was messed up or the times were. I set everything for it.

Toxa

Niks said:
Thanks! Some of them really came out great.
And yeah, qualifying was screwed up! I had the second fastest lap, started like 8?

the qualifying was a fake xD we must solve this problem

Niks

Dibbz said:
In qualification it said I had the fastest lap which was 1.20 or something. No idea why the grid was messed up or the times were. I set everything for it.

Hmm, yeah looks like we have to do a reset after practice. When the session is too long the timing system seems to go bonkers. In my timing seattle had the fastest lap with 1.19.4

Can we get a, Number of Races Competed In, column for the drivers standings. I think some racers have done two race weekends and others just one. It will just help me and maybe others understand the rankings.

Great pics!

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
I've been interested, but was holding out to purchase a wheel.

You don't need one to take part so don't worry about it. Not sure what the percentage of people using one are but the Dualshock can do a fine job, that's what I use.

Dibbz

Im using a wheel, g25. Having a number of races column for the drivers championship is a good idea to. About qualy I think if we did reset it after practice would be best to cut down on any errors.

ashk

MikeDub said:
It understeers like crazy when you get it so I would recommend tweaking the suspension to counter act that, have a google.

Just did a few quick laps and boy, you're not kidding. Gonna do some tuning later tonight.

Niks said:
Hmm, yeah looks like we have to do a reset after practice. When the session is too long the timing system seems to go bonkers. In my timing seattle had the fastest lap with 1.19.4

I guess when they went to change it the start to "false start with penalty" it reset the whole field and times started to count after that.

It´s the only reasonable explanation. My screen also showed me in first with Niks in second, round in third.

gutterboy44 said:
Going to put up an informal Grand Valley Super GT practice room. How do you set to private?
Community > My Lounge

Only people on your friends list (or friends of someone that is already on the server) will be able to join.

Ok for anyone on my friend's list, which is most of you, My Lounge is up for Grand Valley Super GT practice.

Edit: For any GAF members no friended, check my GAF profile interests and put that word in the add friend request and I will add you and you can have some informal Super GT fun.

Mush said:
After going back and looking at the footage on J.tv the qualifying was screwed up. So I'm assuming Dibbz didn't set it that the fastest goes first. Instead he set so that he would go first. :p

btw, vissione has signed a one year deal with the FIA us and should hopefully be streaming the rest of the season.

BlZgn.jpg

So... will 2krunners get the points for the qualify?

(we need all the points we can have, cause i´m pretty sure we will miss one round).

Angst

Did the race freeze for everyone else as well? I just got the false start warning message and then nada...

Well I guess that's it for me tonight anyway.

Angst said:
Did the race freeze for everyone else as well? I just got the false start warning message and then nada...

It sat around for awhile and eventually got going, looked like it was just 4 of us though. On a side note I really dislike that track.

Angst said:

Yeah, Froze for me as well. And I'm also not too much of a fan of Grand Valley. I need to induce some oversteer with my tuning, car feels so stiff and heavy around some of the curves.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

(aka "Cornering for Dummies" series)

Mush

I will be going back shortly and redoing the points as I've clearly made some errors along the way. :/ I'll be adding in how many races that particular driver has done as well, thanks for the suggestion, Gutterboy. Remember, you are expected to do at least 4 total through out the course of the season.

Top Bottom